Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green in the Mail 03:00 - Mar 12 with 18216 viewstimcocking

"Rob Green no longer appears to exist. He is not named when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink lists his roster of goalkeepers at Queens Park Rangers during media interviews, not involved when the first-team squad trains, nowhere to be seen on matchdays.

He remains a paid employee at Loftus Road, and comfortably the best goalkeeper at the club."

Which is why we all love the daily mail...

(ps I was more having a pop at the sh!t quality of the mail than Rob Green, who's been done over by the ffp. He's been ok for us mostly, I've no problem with him per se)
[Post edited 12 Mar 2016 15:51]
Rob Green in the Mail on 08:50 - Mar 15 with 2699 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:29 - Mar 15 by connell10

do you get it? Rob greed instead of rob green... or rob blind!

King Green will beat you in front of your children.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:54 - Mar 15 with 2691 viewsDorse

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:50 - Mar 15 by Bluce_Ree

King Green will beat you in front of your children.

Note: if you do not have children, you will be given 9 months to rectify the situation after which time Mr Green will administer said beating whether or not your progeny is secured.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:42 - Mar 15 with 2640 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:54 - Mar 15 by Dorse

Note: if you do not have children, you will be given 9 months to rectify the situation after which time Mr Green will administer said beating whether or not your progeny is secured.

Nine months later: why do my kids look like Rob Green?

Think your girl loves you? Guess again.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:45 - Mar 15 with 2639 viewsqprphil

As many have said before, if he still wanted to play that much, then why not work out a deal to the end of the season. But having said that, why would you want to keep a better keeper in Smithies on the bench, its a no brainer.
Rob Green in the Mail on 10:21 - Mar 15 with 2599 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:45 - Mar 15 by qprphil

As many have said before, if he still wanted to play that much, then why not work out a deal to the end of the season. But having said that, why would you want to keep a better keeper in Smithies on the bench, its a no brainer.

Agreed. But why did the club act mean and dumb when they could have saved at least half a million quid and have everybody walk away happy?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:44 - Mar 15 with 2529 viewsA40Bosh

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:21 - Mar 15 by isawqpratwcity

Agreed. But why did the club act mean and dumb when they could have saved at least half a million quid and have everybody walk away happy?

I think it is a stalemate and to be honest whilst it is costing "us" money, the club set the contract up in this way with this clause in it as a motivation for Green to keep on top of his game. If they don't play him because he has lost form or they want to prevent the contract renewal triggering that is down to the club.

Yes he has made mistakes, but as someone says, let's see what everyone is saying about Smithies next season after he makes a couple of howlers.

Players get a 2-3 year contract (well some used to get longer ones which we deemed silly) so that is as far as they can budget and if a club suddenly decides they don't want the player why should he be forced to drop his guaranteed contractual income just because the money men or the manager don't like you any more.

I don't care if he is on 10K a year or 50K a week it is all relative, if you sign a contract and tell someone he is number one and then you want to change things, don't expect the player to simply go, "yeah, ok I will move to Palace and reduce my wage demands by half for the next 6mths when I have not guarantee of a job next season - but let me just check with the mortgage company and my financial adviser that this is ok first".

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:53 - Mar 15 with 2518 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Remember when Sousa got the bullet for 'blabbing' to a media source .
Rob Green in the Mail on 12:40 - Mar 15 with 2468 viewsdaveB

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:53 - Mar 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Remember when Sousa got the bullet for 'blabbing' to a media source .

wasn't a media source, was a fan outside the ground who put it on we are the rangers boys.
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:42 - Mar 15 with 2461 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:40 - Mar 15 by daveB

wasn't a media source, was a fan outside the ground who put it on we are the rangers boys.

An even flimsier reason for sacking then!

Not calling for Green's sacking by the way, just pointing out something.

I wonder if a 19 year old Green trying to start his career would have done this?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 12:43]
Rob Green in the Mail on 13:13 - Mar 15 with 2404 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:40 - Mar 15 by daveB

We were being run by a couple of absolute c0ckholders at that point though.

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:17 - Mar 15 with 2401 viewsR_from_afar

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:39 - Mar 14 by paulparker

Poor Signing from the Off

relegated with Norwich & West Ham, error prone and useless with his kicking
never seemed to want to improve either as a keeper , always seemed to be happy just picking up his wedge and drifting along
IMHO an expensive mix of tony Roberts & Jurgan Sommer ,
pay him up and fcuk him off

Smithies may now be in better form than Green and a much better prospect for the future but those comments are ridiculous. Green has been poor this season but his record number of consecutive clean sheets should not be forgotten, nor his heroics in the play-off final, nor his extremely professional attitude when Hughesless signed Cesar.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:01 - Mar 15 with 2369 viewspaulparker

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:17 - Mar 15 by R_from_afar

Smithies may now be in better form than Green and a much better prospect for the future but those comments are ridiculous. Green has been poor this season but his record number of consecutive clean sheets should not be forgotten, nor his heroics in the play-off final, nor his extremely professional attitude when Hughesless signed Cesar.

RFA

how are my comments ridiculous ?? , he has been relegated 3 with every club he has been at , is that not fact ?
as for this one man crusade against the Derby attack myth that gets spouted out
I fail to see what world class saves he produced on the day , perhaps I was at the wrong p/o game and missed the second coming of lev yashin , he dealt with what he had to deal with like any normal keeper worth his salt should have ,big deal , Dunne and Ned were the heros that day
as for his behaviour during the period we had ceaser I fail to see what his problem is
he was getting paid 50k a week plus , and don't forget the terrible pre season he had and opening game against Swansea, he deserved to be dropped , I would have thought those at the club were shell shocked having this keeper on 50k a week who concedes at his near post pretty much every game, a keeper who cannot kick a ball more than 50 yards, and who has the attention span of a dead fish , considering the money we have wasted on him we would have been better off with paddy Kenny all a long

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:04 - Mar 15 with 2360 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:01 - Mar 15 by paulparker

how are my comments ridiculous ?? , he has been relegated 3 with every club he has been at , is that not fact ?
I fail to see what world class saves he produced on the day , perhaps I was at the wrong p/o game and missed the second coming of lev yashin , he dealt with what he had to deal with like any normal keeper worth his salt should have ,big deal , Dunne and Ned were the heros that day
as for his behaviour during the period we had ceaser I fail to see what his problem is
he was getting paid 50k a week plus , and don't forget the terrible pre season he had and opening game against Swansea, he deserved to be dropped , I would have thought those at the club were shell shocked having this keeper on 50k a week who concedes at his near post pretty much every game, a keeper who cannot kick a ball more than 50 yards, and who has the attention span of a dead fish , considering the money we have wasted on him we would have been better off with paddy Kenny all a long

Twice in a week Paul.

Better do your lottery Friday...
Rob Green in the Mail on 14:29 - Mar 15 with 2349 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:11 - Mar 14 by simmo

I think Green was pretty well supported actually, he had his name sung and was widely commended for his perfromances, especially in the premiership where he was one of the few players to emerge with credit. There has always been question marks over his kicking and decision making which still cost the odd goal here and there, but I think that was mostly accepted as he made lots of saves.

Personally I have never rated him from the start, so I he did 'get hate' from me even before this season because I think he got away with lots of little things (bringing down Costa outside the area in the first few minutes for example) and it infuriated me that he didn't seem to work on and improve the things he is bad at - if I am a pro keeper working with pro coaches week in week out, I'd expect to work on getting my kicks over the halfway line as it keeps putting my team under pressure! Although I always supported him at matches up to this season and he made some exceptional saves at times.

The problem comes where your initial deficiencies are STILL there (kicking, receiving back passes, crazy decisions to rush out, etc) but are no longer covered by shot stopping to the point where you're missing saves that should be routine. As above, once he lost the defence in front of him - it was time for someone new. Someone that you personally said would look just as shit with the same defence in front of him.

Exactly I never saw Green work on his weaknesses - his kicking and distribution has been terrible the whole way through
He probably had a good 18 months in the middle
Aside from that has been average to poor at best

Seaman was rubbish at kicking when he joined us
The start of his second season he had improved his kicking and distribution massively
You could see he had been working on his game

I think Green has been bloated like so many of the overpaid tossers we have carried over the past 5 seasons

Glad he is leaving and I'll be surprised if anyone decent picks him up
Rob Green in the Mail on 15:30 - Mar 15 with 2314 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:29 - Mar 15 by superhoopdownunder

Exactly I never saw Green work on his weaknesses - his kicking and distribution has been terrible the whole way through
He probably had a good 18 months in the middle
Aside from that has been average to poor at best

Seaman was rubbish at kicking when he joined us
The start of his second season he had improved his kicking and distribution massively
You could see he had been working on his game

I think Green has been bloated like so many of the overpaid tossers we have carried over the past 5 seasons

Glad he is leaving and I'll be surprised if anyone decent picks him up

You'll be even more surprised when he turns up at your front door. At night.

Tonight.

Rob Green in the Mail on 16:08 - Mar 15 with 2287 views18StoneOfHoop

Rob Green in the Mail on 15:30 - Mar 15 by Bluce_Ree

You'll be even more surprised when he turns up at your front door. At night.

Tonight.

Bluce,every morning when you wake up you do thank the Lord he gave you Robert and kiss one of His Royal Kingnesses 70 posters on your wall?

[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 16:15]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Rob Green in the Mail on 16:24 - Mar 15 with 2259 viewsBluce_Ree

18SoH, I give respect actively due to his royal Kingness for the performances he bestowed upon us. He broke all club records for most consecutive clean sheets, most saves, most points won, most MOTM performances, most playoff finals single-handedly won, most penalties saved, most female fans impregnated, most unbelievers beaten in front of their woman.

Rob Green in the Mail on 17:27 - Mar 15 with 2213 viewsDorse

Rob Green in the Mail on 16:24 - Mar 15 by Bluce_Ree

18SoH, I give respect actively due to his royal Kingness for the performances he bestowed upon us. He broke all club records for most consecutive clean sheets, most saves, most points won, most MOTM performances, most playoff finals single-handedly won, most penalties saved, most female fans impregnated, most unbelievers beaten in front of their woman.

Don't forget hardest stare.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rob Green in the Mail on 17:40 - Mar 15 with 2193 viewsQPRDave

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:01 - Mar 15 by paulparker

He did it with a broken bone in his hand or broken finger or something Paul.
Just being awkward now but didn't Ned give the ball away which ended with O'Neil being sent off?
Rob Green in the Mail on 17:49 - Mar 15 with 2177 viewsPommyhoop

The Rob Green Blunder Quiz.

Name the opponents and briefly describe the blunder..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rob Green in the Mail on 18:04 - Mar 15 with 2156 viewsQPRDave

Foul wba
Rob Green in the Mail on 18:16 - Mar 15 with 2144 viewsPommyhoop

Rob Green in the Mail on 18:04 - Mar 15 by QPRDave

Foul wba

Correct as in it should of been a foul.But it should never of gone that far. It should of been
Green's ball all day long.Instead of claiming it or punching it he backed off and weakly flapped at it dragging it into the goal..
Weak ,weak goalkeeping.

Rob Green in the Mail on 18:25 - Mar 15 with 2124 views18StoneOfHoop

Rob Green in the Mail on 18:16 - Mar 15 by Pommyhoop

Correct as in it should of been a foul.But it should never of gone that far. It should of been
Green's ball all day long.Instead of claiming it or punching it he backed off and weakly flapped at it dragging it into the goal..
Weak ,weak goalkeeping.

Sorry Pommyhoop,poor poor grammar.

Juzzie don't seem to be here and someone's got to keep up our standards and act the linguistic pedant.

"..should HAVE been a foul."
"..should never HAVE gone that far."
"..should HAVE been Green's ball.."

The most common repeated grammatical error on these boards.
The correct application of the language of Shakespeare is more sacred than coating or lauding bleeding Rob Green.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 18:28]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Rob Green in the Mail on 18:35 - Mar 15 with 2108 viewsPommyhoop

Rob Green in the Mail on 18:25 - Mar 15 by 18StoneOfHoop

Sorry Pommyhoop,poor poor grammar.

Juzzie don't seem to be here and someone's got to keep up our standards and act the linguistic pedant.

"..should HAVE been a foul."
"..should never HAVE gone that far."
"..should HAVE been Green's ball.."

The most common repeated grammatical error on these boards.
The correct application of the language of Shakespeare is more sacred than coating or lauding bleeding Rob Green.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 18:28]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024