Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green in the Mail 03:00 - Mar 12 with 18215 viewstimcocking

"Rob Green no longer appears to exist. He is not named when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink lists his roster of goalkeepers at Queens Park Rangers during media interviews, not involved when the first-team squad trains, nowhere to be seen on matchdays.

He remains a paid employee at Loftus Road, and comfortably the best goalkeeper at the club."

Which is why we all love the daily mail...

(ps I was more having a pop at the sh!t quality of the mail than Rob Green, who's been done over by the ffp. He's been ok for us mostly, I've no problem with him per se)
[Post edited 12 Mar 2016 15:51]
Rob Green in the Mail on 12:17 - Mar 12 with 2846 viewsisawqpratwcity

We should have made it clear to Green in the last window that if he found terms suitable with any other club, we would pay out the balance of the rest of his contract, less whatever he gets from the other club.

It could have saved us maybe 20k+ a week for six months. Half a million quid is not to be sniffed at.

He knows he's not going to be on 50k pw at his next club, and not playing the rest of this season won't be making him any more attractive to anyone. We're all idiots.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:22 - Mar 12 with 2834 viewsDejR_vu

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:33 - Mar 12 by QPR_Jim

If I was him I would terminate my contract here and go somewhere like palace where it looks like they could do with a keeper for the rest of the season. Probably be less money but he's only got a couple of months left so won't cost him much in the grand scheme of things and it will probably get him a better contract / club in the summer as well.

Your talking about someone leaving with say 5.5m in their pocket instead of 6m and then maybe earning 0.25m at another club for the remainder of the season. I'd basically say the money he'd be down isn't worth 6 months of no football given his age. If he plays and does well he'll earn a better contract than if he has sat on the bench for 6 months as well so I suppose it comes down to whether he thinks he would do well at another club.

'If he plays and does well he'll earn a better contract than if he has sat on the bench for 6 months'

Or he could be utter gash, as he has been for us this season, in which case he'll be lucky getting a contract cleaning boots.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:24 - Mar 12 with 2832 viewsPommyhoop

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:41 - Mar 12 by QPRDave

Sorry but I don't see why Greeno deserves criticism.
Good servant for this club. This is the 1st time we've heard a peep out of him, he doesn't cause trouble, same as when Julio crapsar was parachuted in front him.
If Bobby Z was our main Wembley hero, Greeno was right there next to him as a main reason we won.

I think that the fact that ''we never heard a peep out of him, he doesn't cause trouble, same as when Julio crapsar was parachuted in front him. '' , is a negative sign of his character than a positive one. Surely we'd prefer someone who'd kick up a right stink because he'd been signed to be number 1 and play regularly.A bit off passion and professional pride rather than slinking back in the shadows and quietly trousering the obscene amount of dosh we threw at him.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:34 - Mar 12 with 2807 viewsNorthLondonR

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:24 - Mar 12 by Pommyhoop

I think that the fact that ''we never heard a peep out of him, he doesn't cause trouble, same as when Julio crapsar was parachuted in front him. '' , is a negative sign of his character than a positive one. Surely we'd prefer someone who'd kick up a right stink because he'd been signed to be number 1 and play regularly.A bit off passion and professional pride rather than slinking back in the shadows and quietly trousering the obscene amount of dosh we threw at him.

i was certainly in the "burn him at the stake like the heretic he is" camp until clapping my eyes on that awe-inspiring, demure shot of him in that fur-clad hoody...

Truly paints a persona of vunerability and struggle and someone who evokes a desperate sense of needing to establish a sense of cartharsis......

If we could maybe encourage Nike to create of fur-clad snood or some such then perhaps he has demonstrated his worthiness of being offered a further 6 year contract...

I would like to see the next Mail article centered around the "Misunderstanding of Armand" with him being pictured moody-like in a silk kaftan...
Rob Green in the Mail on 12:39 - Mar 12 with 2802 views18StoneOfHoop

Oi Greeno!

Put your money where your mouth is or you aren't saying nothing - talk is cheap!

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:06 - Mar 12 with 2761 viewsJamie

Hilarious article.

Even better having insisted its nothing to do with money, then umming and ahhing about why he and his agent won't drop the clause in his contract so he can be included again.

What a cnt.
Rob Green in the Mail on 13:15 - Mar 12 with 2753 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It wasn't long ago Green was presented in the Guardian as the intellectual footballer who wanted a board room role after retirement .

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/14/rob-green-qpr-chief-executive-in

Both articles obviously a self serving PR stunt. Shame.
Rob Green in the Mail on 13:40 - Mar 12 with 2703 viewsPunteR

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:15 - Mar 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

It wasn't long ago Green was presented in the Guardian as the intellectual footballer who wanted a board room role after retirement .

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/14/rob-green-qpr-chief-executive-in

Both articles obviously a self serving PR stunt. Shame.

He's not doing anything different that any other professional footballer would do.
The club gave him the contract. He's not stupid.
He also gave his best when he played, but just wasn't good enough for some on here. Some of the criticism is justified when you take his wages into account.
The fact he's linked with premier league clubs sort of tells its own story.
I don't really like the flak he gets,as I think,on the whole, he's been an ok keeper for us and did his part in our promotion under Redknapp.
We've now got a player who's" better without the ball than with it",and is now being lined up as a fans favourite. I don't get it. Oh yeah.. He's on low wages.

Edit: That wasn't meant to be a reply to you Baz, just putting my opinion out there.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2016 13:45]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:44 - Mar 12 with 2679 viewsQPRDave

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:40 - Mar 12 by PunteR

He's not doing anything different that any other professional footballer would do.
He also gave his best when he played, but just wasn't good enough for some on here. Some of the criticism is justified when you take his wages into account.
I don't really like the flak he gets,as I think,on the whole, he's been an ok keeper for us and did his part in our promotion under Redknapp.
We've now got a player who's" better without the ball than with it",and is now being lined up as a fans favourite. I don't get it. Oh yeah.. He's on low wages.

Edit: That wasn't meant to be a reply to you Baz, just putting my opinion out there.

Good post Punt......agree totally
Rob Green in the Mail on 13:46 - Mar 12 with 2686 viewskensalriser

Again, I'm concerned at the number of scapegoats on their way out of the club.

A lack of scapegoats next season could be an even bigger problem than the lack of strikers or effective full backs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:06 - Mar 12 with 2650 viewsTacticalR

@NorthLondonR 'until clapping my eyes on that awe-inspiring, demure shot of him in that fur-clad hoody'

I must admit there is a 'political prisoner' vibe to the article. I think we are going to have sent in the paras to get him out. No Man Left Behind.

Air hostess clique

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:14 - Mar 12 with 2637 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:40 - Mar 12 by PunteR

I'm a big critic of his, but never doubted his commitment or his conduct during the Cesar saga.

You are right though he played his part in the all important promotion matches.

I don't think a article in the mail was necessary, seeing as he has 3 months left at the club. But as you say, he's a modern footballer .
Rob Green in the Mail on 14:17 - Mar 12 with 2634 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:46 - Mar 12 by kensalriser

A lack of scapegoats next season could be an even bigger problem than the lack of strikers or effective full backs.

Is Tommy Williams still playing? Could get him cheap I reckon.
Rob Green in the Mail on 14:21 - Mar 12 with 2629 viewsTacticalR

Rob Green in the Mail on 13:46 - Mar 12 by kensalriser

I believe our scouts are being asked to look out for new scapegoats in the lower leagues.

Air hostess clique

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:27 - Mar 12 with 2618 viewskensalriser

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:21 - Mar 12 by TacticalR

I believe our scouts are being asked to look out for new scapegoats in the lower leagues.

I'm not sure that's the way to go. Going on recent history, a good scapegoat should be earning considerably more than the club average.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rob Green in the Mail on 14:37 - Mar 12 with 2567 viewsJAPRANGERS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3488326/Rob-Green-opens-QPR-ex

Poor little greenie
Rob Green in the Mail on 14:40 - Mar 12 with 2562 viewsQPR_Jim

Rob Green in the Mail on 12:22 - Mar 12 by DejR_vu

'If he plays and does well he'll earn a better contract than if he has sat on the bench for 6 months'

Or he could be utter gash, as he has been for us this season, in which case he'll be lucky getting a contract cleaning boots.

Well exactly, but if he's not going to back himself to do well I don't see why we should be expected to back him. Got nothing against Green but his refusal to leave in Jan seems to suggest he doesn't think he's any good either.
Rob Green in the Mail on 15:46 - Mar 12 with 2530 viewstimcocking

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:22 - Mar 12 by LowerloftLad

when your as Rich as he is and he says it's all about playing football then why not just terminate the contract and be picked up on a free ?

That's what I thought; tear up the contract and play for less. If he was picked.

Also, there was absolutely no mention of the ffp stuff, which means we can't keep him even if we wanted to! That still seems a totally unfair system to me.
Rob Green in the Mail on 15:51 - Mar 12 with 2526 viewsvegasranger

Well having read the article he doesn't seem to have been treated very well. If he warned the club last summer that he didn't want this situation happening but they asked him to stay to help get promotion, I don't see what he has done wrong. Same with January, looks like the club played a very big part in this mess.
Rob Green in the Mail on 16:10 - Mar 12 with 2503 viewsQPR_Jim

Rob Green in the Mail on 15:51 - Mar 12 by vegasranger

Well having read the article he doesn't seem to have been treated very well. If he warned the club last summer that he didn't want this situation happening but they asked him to stay to help get promotion, I don't see what he has done wrong. Same with January, looks like the club played a very big part in this mess.

But being in the situation which he was in Jan why didn't he leave? It's OK him saying that we blocked a move in Jan but we were supposed to be happy to let him go on a free transfer so it would only make sense that we would block a move if it was a loan in which we'd still be paying part of his wages.

If this situation wasn't to his liking he could have terminated his contract and negotiated directly with whoever he wanted but as I've said before he either didn't want to miss out on a bit of money. Given that he's a multi-millionaire giving up 20-30k a week to do what he says he wants to do (play) wouldn't be a hardship.

Anyway as Green says to the DM reporter who's probably paying him for an interview, it's not about the money!.... He must be missing his appearance bonus, having to resort to talking to journalists to make some extra money, bless him.
Rob Green in the Mail on 16:27 - Mar 12 with 2493 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rob Green in the Mail on 16:10 - Mar 12 by QPR_Jim

But being in the situation which he was in Jan why didn't he leave? It's OK him saying that we blocked a move in Jan but we were supposed to be happy to let him go on a free transfer so it would only make sense that we would block a move if it was a loan in which we'd still be paying part of his wages.

If this situation wasn't to his liking he could have terminated his contract and negotiated directly with whoever he wanted but as I've said before he either didn't want to miss out on a bit of money. Given that he's a multi-millionaire giving up 20-30k a week to do what he says he wants to do (play) wouldn't be a hardship.

Anyway as Green says to the DM reporter who's probably paying him for an interview, it's not about the money!.... He must be missing his appearance bonus, having to resort to talking to journalists to make some extra money, bless him.

You're criticising him for not missing out "on a bit of money" ("20-30k a week")?

What planet do you live on? Every week is subsidising one of his kids for a year at Uni. It's not his fault we gave him the fcking contract. We should have tried harder to get rid last January.

Rob Green in the Mail on 17:33 - Mar 12 with 2447 viewsCHUBBS

Rob Green in the Mail on 16:27 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

You're criticising him for not missing out "on a bit of money" ("20-30k a week")?

What planet do you live on? Every week is subsidising one of his kids for a year at Uni. It's not his fault we gave him the fcking contract. We should have tried harder to get rid last January.

Well he should not pretend he's some sort of paragon of virtue who only wants to play the game,he clearly mentions the money doesn't mean as much as playing.
Rip up the contract and go then if thats the case,it isn't though is it.
This club is on its knees financially and all you want to do is stick up for the greedy rich c@nts who are sitting pretty.
Rob Green in the Mail on 18:18 - Mar 12 with 2399 viewsBluce_Ree

It seems that to be popular around here you have to be perfect for your whole career (or score one important goal against Wembley, no points for setting up the goal or keeping a clean sheet though), leave at just the right time before you lose form, donate 90% of your wages to the QPR LSA and score a hat trick of own goals whenever you go on to play QPR. If you dare mention liking your old team then f**k you, the fans will be on you like you're their birds listing ex-boyfriends by order of cock size (note: you can get away with it if you dye your hair blue, even if you're average as f*ck on the field).

You have to want to play for the club for free or at least minimum wage and if your agent dares put any clauses in your contract you should tear it up because Les and Tony know what is best for you.

For sure, shut the f**k up Loft For Words.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Rob Green in the Mail on 23:45 - Mar 12 with 2275 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rob Green in the Mail on 17:33 - Mar 12 by CHUBBS

Well he should not pretend he's some sort of paragon of virtue who only wants to play the game,he clearly mentions the money doesn't mean as much as playing.
Rip up the contract and go then if thats the case,it isn't though is it.
This club is on its knees financially and all you want to do is stick up for the greedy rich c@nts who are sitting pretty.

Then call that out for the self-serving bullshit that it is.

But do not expect a bloke to give up a contracted half a million quid or more, just because the club has decided they now want to go in a different direction.

This club is NOT "on its knees financially" and I am sticking up for a bloke who signed a contract with the club. You'd want some-one to stick up for you if your boss turned round and said 'I know we agreed this, but I've changed my mind so fck off'.

Just about everybody is both rich AND poor compared to different people; that's no basis for deciding what is right. A deal's a deal. The club should have been more inventive in trying to shift him last January.

Rob Green in the Mail on 00:19 - Mar 13 with 2238 viewsQPR_Jim

Rob Green in the Mail on 23:45 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

Then call that out for the self-serving bullshit that it is.

But do not expect a bloke to give up a contracted half a million quid or more, just because the club has decided they now want to go in a different direction.

This club is NOT "on its knees financially" and I am sticking up for a bloke who signed a contract with the club. You'd want some-one to stick up for you if your boss turned round and said 'I know we agreed this, but I've changed my mind so fck off'.

Just about everybody is both rich AND poor compared to different people; that's no basis for deciding what is right. A deal's a deal. The club should have been more inventive in trying to shift him last January.

I don't expect him to give up half a million quid just because the club change there mind, if he wants to sit out his contract because he wants the money then that's fine by me on two conditions:
1. He doesn't go o the papers and moan about not playing.
2. He doesn't claim it's not about the money.

If he really wanted to play football he could have foregone the half a million and sign somewhere else and earn maybe a quarter of a million instead in Jan. But he didn't so evidently he doesn't want to play that bad. Therefore he can STFU and stop talking to journalists about how unfairly he's been treated.

Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect for Green, he's certainly behaved like a professional in his time with the club and I don't begrudge him earning his money to sit on the bench, as you say it's not his fault we offered him his contract. I just can't abide this rubbish that he couldn't get a move in Jan, we were offering him on a free so I'm sure we would have let him terminate his contract and negotiate as a free agent if he had asked to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024