Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few thoughts on last nights game.. 09:05 - Oct 21 with 8723 viewsJordanFoster

Don't normally post threads, but have seen Ramsey getting absolute dogs abuse from all angles on social media so thought I'd throw my two pence in for good measure.
Firstly the reaction to JET being brought off for Fer, I'm not sure what else could have been done? JET was tiring and had hardly set the world alight - he's never been an out and out striker anyway. Fer needed to come on being our most attacking option but you couldn't bring him on for one of the three attacking midfielders as they were looking fairly lively — the two wide players had come the closest to scoring and Luongo’s legs and energy gave Sheff Wednesday something else to think about as he can run in behind. To bring off Sandro or Tozser would have been suicidal bearing in mind Fer's performance and how we conceded the second against Birmingham. If he had come on for one of them and lost the ball or lost his runner and it ended up in Rangers conceding a goal and eventually losing it would have been a poisonous atmosphere.
Had he been left on the bench fans would have been in uproar at the end about how we didn’t gamble. On the face of it, I can see how it looks, but Fer has got the ability at this level to play up front. He’s got a great leap, wins a lot in the air and brings others into play — he’s levels above Polter in that role and it’s not even his proper position. In my opinion there’s been a complete overreaction.

At the other end of the scale, I can’t quite get my head around the clamour for Hill. He did what was asked of him, played Nuhiu at his own game fairly well but did far more wrong than he did right. He should have been sent off when he was caught in possession by Sougou, was caned for pace when caught square by Lucas João and spent most of the second half playing aimless long balls. If Henry had put in that type of performance he would have been lynched.

Just seems Ramsey is getting hammered for anything and everything - perhaps I'm wrong but that's the way I'm seeing it.

On a more positive note, a clean sheet at last whatever way it comes is brilliant bearing in mind the form at the minute. Also Jamie Mackie doing comms was a really great gesture by the club and he seemed to offer honest and intelligent comments. Think the game last night was crying out for Mackie, it needed a tackle or something to try and get the crowd going but unfortunately it just didn't come.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 9:21]
Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 19:34 - Oct 21 with 1461 viewsHollowayRanger

Ramsey is getting hammered for everything

because nearly everything is wrong

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 1427 viewsTGRRRSSS

and as the man in charge bascially it's what he's paid for.
Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 01:06 - Oct 22 with 1313 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Ramsey wont ever win the fans over becuase its never good enough. Nor will the next manager or the next or the next.........
Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 07:45 - Oct 22 with 1270 viewsNW10Hoop

There was nothing to get excited about, but there was also nothing to get too angry about either. Probably more value (in terms of learning about the team) in a 0-0 than frantically chasing down a 0-2 deficit.
Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 1222 viewsPinnerPaul

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 19:34 - Oct 21 by HollowayRanger

SLIGHTLY over dramatic!
Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 11:57 - Oct 22 with 1192 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not really not any more, it seems more and more of his failings are starting to show through - some players who showed promise are regressing now, chickens are coming home to roost.
Red Card all day long for that first half injury to Sheff Wed player.
Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 12:59 - Oct 22 with 1160 viewsR_from_afar

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 13:38 - Oct 21 by jonno

The ball only went loose because the Wednesday player was brought down! Otherwise he was clean through on goal, red card all day long.

I'll agree that that would've been a red card more often than not but the Owls player plays the ball just before he is clattered and you can see a Rangers player coming in from the right to collect it. That may be the reason why it wasn't a red, but it was still very lucky for us.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 1145 viewssimmo

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 12:59 - Oct 22 by R_from_afar

I'll agree that that would've been a red card more often than not but the Owls player plays the ball just before he is clattered and you can see a Rangers player coming in from the right to collect it. That may be the reason why it wasn't a red, but it was still very lucky for us.

RFA

It wasn't a red because (miraculously) the ref didn't think it was even a foul. If he had called it as a foul he would have had to produce the red card. Konchesky was getting nowhere near him before he would have had the chance to shoot.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 13:13 - Oct 22 with 1142 viewsR_from_afar

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 19:34 - Oct 21 by HollowayRanger

"...nearly everything is wrong". Oh come on that is going overboard.

We now have a DOF, the "football man" everyone clamoured for.

We have an experienced CEO from within the world of football.

We have had mixed but not terrible results, have won away from home and have managed some stirring comebacks. OK, we got battered against Fulham...

Promotion, whether it's the plan this week or not, is certainly stll feasible.

We have brought in, and are using, youngier, hungrier players. OK, not all of them are getting in the team but Hall, Luongo and Chery to name but three all played on Tuesday.

Ramsey and Sir Les are trying to plan for the longer term, unlike old lazy bones Redkrapp.

The players actually seem to care.

Hells bells, even the manager/coach does. Compare and contrast with Harold.

The club or Ramsey, if that wasn't spin, has brought in a wily old hand, who cares about the club, to help out (Uncle Neil). I think the fact that the club is willing to bring back someone they sacked and that he is willing to come is actually a positive, a sign of maturity on both parts.

We actually try to win away games.

We have - perhaps temporarily - stopped buying tired old Spurs cast-offs.

So whilst a lot is going wrong, not everything is.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 1131 viewsR_from_afar

Few thoughts on last nights game.. on 13:57 - Oct 21 by adhoc_qpr

So Ramsey is doing a brilliant job, has got all the tactics spot on and the players are united and highly motivated - but the mean crowd are ruining it by being nasty?

Riiiight.....

It's pretty simple, give the crowd something to cheer about and they will, make the same mistakes weekly and produce toothless football and they will grumble/boo.

The Poulter stuff is stupid, but you some people are just idiots.

It's a big leap from me talking about a toxic atmosphere to me having said "Ramsey is doing a brilliant job, has got all the tactics spot on and the players are united and highly motivated" In case you are in any doubt, I don't think he is. A lot of work is needed but perhaps adding the experience of Warnock will be that little extra which turns the iron into steel.

A few people have talked about how younger players are not starting or have been loaned out. It makes me wonder if Ramsey is playing the gnarled old pros like Konchesky and - sigh - Henry because he thinks their experience will make them better able to deal with the flak. There could be a connection there....

RFA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024