Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid for Stephen Caulker 12:06 - Jun 24 with 6903 viewsMaggsinho

Bid placed for Caulker according to West London Sport.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-make-offer-for-cardiff-city-defender-stev
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:09 - Jun 24 with 5258 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good. Reliable source, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:13 - Jun 24 with 5231 viewsHAYESBOY

Looks like we will park the bus next season.

Hill, Dunne, Onouha, Ferdinand and Caulker?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:15 - Jun 24 with 5217 viewssimmo

This would be a great singing, absolutely the kind of player we should be getting. I doubt we will though as better options will be available to him, but it's frustrating, if there is a chance of getting him, that we sign Ferdinand before trying for Caulker.

What happens if we get both? He's not going to sign Rio and not play him is he.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:18 - Jun 24 with 5196 viewsbaz_qpr

I suspect we are trying to blend youth and pace with experience
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:21 - Jun 24 with 5159 viewssimmo

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:18 - Jun 24 by baz_qpr

I suspect we are trying to blend youth and pace with experience

That's fine, but like I say he won't sign Rio and not play him, so if we get both, both will start. The pecking order for CB's should be

Caulker (again it's a big IF we get him)
Onouha
Ferdinand
Hill (if he doesnt start coaching straight off)
Dunne
Ehmer

But this is all highly speculative at the moment, let's wait and see....

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:27 - Jun 24 with 5113 viewsDANRANGER

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:15 - Jun 24 by simmo

This would be a great singing, absolutely the kind of player we should be getting. I doubt we will though as better options will be available to him, but it's frustrating, if there is a chance of getting him, that we sign Ferdinand before trying for Caulker.

I expect him to sign at least 2 defenders so if it's 2 centre halves then Nedum becomes cover for right back that we currently lack. Either that or he buys a another right back. We still are unsure on whether Hill is to carry on and if HR believes Ehmer/Donaldson or Harriman are good enough to be back up.

Caulker would be a great signing and the only hope we have is if the relationship he had with Harry was a good one. I'd expect Newcastle, maybe Everton to show interest. Not sure he's good enough for a CL team just yet, however had he been playing for Utd this season would have made the England squad as he's as good as Smalling/Jones.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:48 - Jun 24 with 5013 viewsHayesender

And also Craig Bryson according to that.

They would be two very good signings

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:55 - Jun 24 with 4962 viewsdaveB

I like Onoura but at Premier League level he can be a liability, If we get Caulker then Onoura will only be back up
Login to get fewer ads

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:58 - Jun 24 with 4938 viewsHunterhoop

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:55 - Jun 24 by daveB

I like Onoura but at Premier League level he can be a liability, If we get Caulker then Onoura will only be back up

He played centre back once for us in the Prem (along side Anton!), Dave!

Defensively as a RB he was very good (think Chelsea away, Spurs at home, City at home - all clean sheets).

He played CB for Man City for a whole season and they finished 6th (with Dunne, ironically). He played CB for Sunderland when they finished something like 13th.

Absolutely no evidence to say he'll be a "liability" at CB in the Prem. You turn out to be right, but it's pure conjecture with lots of evidence to the contrary.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:00 - Jun 24 with 4921 viewsHunterhoop

Completely agree.

Caulker would be a phenomenal signing. But i'd want him playing with Onouha! That would be awesome.

We don't need Rio if we sign Caulker and if we've already got Rio, why are we going after Caulker. We're loaded with CBs. As much as I like Caulker, if we've made the decision to sign Rio, that should be that at CB. Don't go down the Rob Green/Julio Cesar route simply because we can! "We've learnt our lessons" (TF). Really??!
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:03 - Jun 24 with 4901 viewsdaveB

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 12:58 - Jun 24 by Hunterhoop

Defensively as a RB he was very good (think Chelsea away, Spurs at home, City at home - all clean sheets).

He played CB for Man City for a whole season and they finished 6th (with Dunne, ironically). He played CB for Sunderland when they finished something like 13th.

Absolutely no evidence to say he'll be a "liability" at CB in the Prem. You turn out to be right, but it's pure conjecture with lots of evidence to the contrary.

it's not a court of law mate, It's only my opinion so not sure I need evidence.

Maybe I'm wrong but sure he was centre half alongside Hill for the last few months of our last season in the prem once Samba gave it up and played a few times under Hughes as well.

I do think he makes too many mistakes that are punished in the prem. I hope he cuts those out but with his injury record as well we'd be mad to rely on him as our main defender.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:04 - Jun 24 with 4894 viewsDANRANGER

I'd also add that we are a team once again and he is a big part so I'd expect a far better approach this time around that will give our players a greater chance of success. He is definitely good enough and a vital part of the team who should get better. Technically not the best but defensively very good so "liability" is extremely harsh.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:04 - Jun 24 with 4887 viewssimmo

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:03 - Jun 24 by daveB

Maybe I'm wrong but sure he was centre half alongside Hill for the last few months of our last season in the prem once Samba gave it up and played a few times under Hughes as well.

I do think he makes too many mistakes that are punished in the prem. I hope he cuts those out but with his injury record as well we'd be mad to rely on him as our main defender.

We'd be mad to replace him with a 35 year old in the last year of his career, IMO.

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:07 - Jun 24 with 4866 viewsJamie

He played RB for Sunderland. Not that I disagree that he should be starting at CB for us next season.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:09 - Jun 24 with 4854 viewsHunterhoop

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:03 - Jun 24 by daveB

Injury record is a fair point. But Samba played most of the games towards the end (was still playing away at Fulham as we all remember) and Mbia filled in too. To be fair, he played away at Reading in that 0-0 farce at CB, I think.

Point was, he's never been given a fair crack at CB in the Prem with us. However, he was at City and Sunderland and did very well.

Agree with him Dunne and Hill, we want someone else. Caulker would be brilliant. But we've just gone and got Rio (who won't help with the injury piece!). We don't need Caulker, Rio, Onouha, Dunne, Hill, Donaldson, Ehmer for CBs, unless we're planning an adventurous 5-3-2 shape, which failed whenever we tried it this season.

This just reeks of not learning our lessons and signing whoever we can, simply because we can and then working out our plan later. IF that's the case, we deserve to go back down.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 13:11]
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:09 - Jun 24 with 4853 viewsBklynRanger

I'd guess he's using Rio, if he has signed, as part of his strategy - a 'come and learn from the best' kind of thing.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:09 - Jun 24 with 4855 viewsdaveB

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:04 - Jun 24 by simmo

We'd be mad to replace him with a 35 year old in the last year of his career, IMO.

I agree but I think Ferdinand is more likely to replace Dunne than Onoura.

I'd have 4 centre halfs, Onoura, Dunne plus if we get them Caulker and Ferdinand giving a decent balance of pace, composure on the ball and experience. We'd also have Donaldson and Hill in case of injuries then move onto other positions.

Debatable who you play out of those 4 as they all offer good and bad things but we'd have decent options. As I say jumping well ahea dof myself I'd play Caulker and Ferdinand if they sign but thats off gut instinct rather than having seen either of them play for a while
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:35 - Jun 24 with 4749 viewsQPunkR

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:09 - Jun 24 by BklynRanger

I'd guess he's using Rio, if he has signed, as part of his strategy - a 'come and learn from the best' kind of thing.

Expensive fúcking plan then! Better to wait 'til they retire and hire 'em as a coach rather than spunking another £65,000 per week up the wall on someone taking up a space in the 25 man squad. A space we'll no doubt need as we collect bloody cruciate ligament injuries like flies collect shit particles.

QPR - "shit but local"

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:47 - Jun 24 with 4712 viewsspiritofshittu

Let's not also forget that Nedum's mother (whom he was very close to) was terminally ill with cancer and died during the course of the 2012/13 season. Very harsh to make any judgements based on that season.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:53 - Jun 24 with 4685 viewsBklynRanger

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:35 - Jun 24 by QPunkR

Expensive fúcking plan then! Better to wait 'til they retire and hire 'em as a coach rather than spunking another £65,000 per week up the wall on someone taking up a space in the 25 man squad. A space we'll no doubt need as we collect bloody cruciate ligament injuries like flies collect shit particles.

He obviously must also rate Rio as a player.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:57 - Jun 24 with 4668 viewsMaggsinho

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:09 - Jun 24 by daveB

I agree but I think Ferdinand is more likely to replace Dunne than Onoura.

I'd have 4 centre halfs, Onoura, Dunne plus if we get them Caulker and Ferdinand giving a decent balance of pace, composure on the ball and experience. We'd also have Donaldson and Hill in case of injuries then move onto other positions.

Debatable who you play out of those 4 as they all offer good and bad things but we'd have decent options. As I say jumping well ahea dof myself I'd play Caulker and Ferdinand if they sign but thats off gut instinct rather than having seen either of them play for a while

I'd agree with this, it looks like the plan has been to sign two centre halves all along, one experienced, eg Hangeland or Rio and one younger, eg Besler, Williams, Caulker etc.

Don't think we'll see too much of Ehmer, Donaldson or Hill to be honest.
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 13:58 - Jun 24 with 4661 viewshoof_hearted

Even Hill isn't sentimental about this - he substituted himself in the last 2 games so he knows he won't have the legs for another PL season. Mind you, Damien Delaney managed...
Bid for Stephen Caulker on 14:04 - Jun 24 with 4631 viewsTheBlob

Maybe add Brede Hangeland to that list.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 14:13 - Jun 24 with 4602 viewspaulparker

could Arry Boy about to employ a 5-3-2 system he tried a few times last year ?
it would make sense, Ned,& Caulker as CB with Rio playing the ball playing defender able to bring the ball out of defence into midfield
it would make sense with yun & simpson playing wing backs , it would ease pressure on rio that's for sure

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bid for Stephen Caulker on 14:19 - Jun 24 with 4582 viewstoboboly

Caulker and Ned at the back would be great imo. I think Ned would be great if he is played at CB in the PL rather than RB.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024