Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL 16:20 - Jun 7 with 5910 viewsmorgantwin

ILL NEVER FOR GET THAT DAY,we drew barnet in cup game and they had just a family type support so we all went there
in dribs and drabs and stood at there end watching t6he game and prepareing ourselves for a day of festivities that included a good drink down the local pub
BUT WHAT WE DIDNT KNOW WAS THAT A TOP MILLWALL FAN LIVED IN BARNET AND HAD BROUGHT ONE HUNDRED SOUTH LONDON NUT CASES
we all saw loads of bricks as we went into the ground,but none of usw thought anything about it
then all of a sudden a cascade of bricks came flying over at us,qpr fans all over the place got there heads spilt open
AND A DEATHENING ROAR OF MMMMMIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLWWWWWAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL
RANG OUT
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE THERE WOULD BE A CEASATION OF BRICKS FOR TEN MINS THEN ANOTHER LOAD WOULD COME FLYING OVER
WE COULDNT WATCH THE GAME BECAUSE WE HAD TO WATCH FOR WHEN THE NEXT BRICKS WOULD BE LAUNCHED
AND THEY HAD THE POLICE CORDON TO PROTECT THEM.
what a nightmare game but these millwall were not bermonsdsey or rotherhythe this was not there top boys
OH WHAT A PLEASURE IT WAS OUTSIDE WHEN 400 QPR THUGS SET ABOUT THEM NEAR THE STATION
OUTNUMBERD 4 TO 1 THEY TOOK A BEATING THAT DAY IT WAS THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY THAT WE RECORDED A VICTORY AGAINST THE4 BULLY BOYS OF SOUTH LONDON
UP AGAINST OUR ELITE FIRM FROM LADBROKE GROVE AND SHEPARDS BUSH THE BULLY BOYS FELL LIKE NINE PINS
AND ITS ONLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS LATER THAT OUT OF THOUSANDS OF GAMES THIS WAS THE STRANGEST GAME IVE EVER BEEN TOO
did any of you go to that game or have you ever been at a game when another firm from another club attacked you
CERTAINLY THIS PROBERLY WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN TODAYS CCTV WORLD OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 16:40 - Jun 7 with 4866 viewseasthertsr

I was there and I saw a copper stretchered out along the touchline, out cold with blood streaming from his head. All because a load of thick, stupid hooligans decided to start a meaningless fight with another group of thick, stupid hooligans. Thank heavens those days are gone, the atmosphere at a lot of matches was poisonous.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 17:18 - Jun 7 with 4790 viewsTacticalR

Yes, I fear political correctness is making football hooliganism into a non-contact sport, resulting in the almost complete elimination of flying masonry from the modern game.

Air hostess clique

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 18:46 - Jun 7 with 4686 viewswelwynranger

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 17:18 - Jun 7 by TacticalR

Yes, I fear political correctness is making football hooliganism into a non-contact sport, resulting in the almost complete elimination of flying masonry from the modern game.

I was there and remember a QPR girl getting punched full in the face causing her nose to explode into a torrent of blood by one of these brave men. Which led to the worst fight I have e ver sen on a terrace. It went on ffor ages . The police were getting hit from both sides. After the match at the station the WALL got a hiding after the most terfifying scenes i have ever witnessed. I will never forget seeing a man with a massive hole in his stomach then someone kicked him in the head. Oh by the way we won 3 nil
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 19:20 - Jun 7 with 4633 viewsN12Hoop

What year was this?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 19:41 - Jun 7 with 4605 viewsGloucs_R

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 19:20 - Jun 7 by N12Hoop

What year was this?

Poll: Are we staying up?

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 22:03 - Jun 7 with 4494 viewsQPR1882

Early 70's ( 73 ? ) cup replay after a draw at HQ ( 0-0 ? ). I remember Barnet hit the bar with a few minutes of the game left nearly knocking us out.

Went to the night game at Barnet but sat in the stand ( the one to the left as the QPR fans were facing ) so missed all the fighting, What i do recall is the st johns guys leading a steady stream of fans down the touchline, most with cut heads.

Remember being told to look sad like you just lost by my old man as we walked back to the car after the game.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2014 22:33]
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 22:25 - Jun 7 with 4458 viewsElHoop

I was at that game - this was the first time that i ever saw QPR although I wasn't a supporter then. A relative was a Barnet fan and he took me along and it was a shite but very crowded ground and I couldn't see anything much at all. Was about 12 or 13 at the time I think. I couldn't even see the fighting. There seemed to be bottles breaking at times but no idea who was doing what and it didn't seem particularly scary as it was kicking off down one end of the ground - the left I think - I was standing somewhere in front of the main stand. Have still got the programme somewhere.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 23:52 - Jun 7 with 4393 viewsHooparoo

The title made me laugh when I logged on. Underhill is my surname. Will have to visit Barnet some day for a photo opportunity.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 00:19 - Jun 8 with 4368 viewssmegma

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 23:52 - Jun 7 by Hooparoo

The title made me laugh when I logged on. Underhill is my surname. Will have to visit Barnet some day for a photo opportunity.

Have you changed your name to HIVE by deed poll?
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:57 - Jun 8 with 4203 viewsDiscodroid

i was there morgan, in those halcyon days i was known as the 'iron duke of chingford'.

i had just returned from a stay in a private hospital for genital warts , most unbecoming for a man who chooses to ply his trade within the sphere and parameters of adult public erotica.

needless to say it was kept from the broadsheets and the gutter press..

the cause of this rather unsavourey affair began when i had the great misfortune to be taken drunk in the wigmore club and my intended target had to be restrained by 4 labourers from my farm estate, such did it buck and jolt.

i slid in and felt a tight nirvirna . hither too unknown to the iron duke of chingford.
"YIELD I SAY , YIELD!!!!" i commanded..." I AM THE IRON DUKE OF CHINGFORD!!" "YIELD" i roared , my face becoming a black hole of torment.

i violently spilled my lordly seed and withdrew....to the sound of wild cheering and much merriment...flaggons of ale being clanked together in celebration.

"i will pay one hundred guineas to the master for this fine young , beautiful boy" i bellowed , much laughter ensued ..i removed the blindfold ...it was the beast!! , that wonderous stoical beast that had been marinated with the juices of the chingford duke!.

i believe bob booker went on to score the winner in the 78th minute.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2014 10:59]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 11:32 - Jun 8 with 4159 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I am glad those days are long gone people that go to games for punch ups throw things and abuse innocent people are just complete idiots just watch and enjoy the game ffs
[Post edited 8 Jun 2014 11:32]
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 11:53 - Jun 8 with 4122 viewsmorgantwin

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 11:32 - Jun 8 by carrotcrunch_R

I am glad those days are long gone people that go to games for punch ups throw things and abuse innocent people are just complete idiots just watch and enjoy the game ffs
[Post edited 8 Jun 2014 11:32]

well certainly im not trying to bring back the days of bloody battles breaking out all over the place,violence is almost over now theres too many reasons for this to ever be resumes
but it a strange one because
we were all so happy and we all were looking to a lovely day out and we couldnt believe the outbreak of violence
but the millwall thought we were brentford,and just for once in theRe lifes the south london bully boys
WISHED THEY HAD NOT STARTED ON LITTLE QPR

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 12:04 - Jun 8 with 4108 viewsElHoop

Not questioning the accuracy of this Millwall angle, but wasn't the game at Barnet an evening game, so woul it have been a 'day out' given it's proximity? There were also tales of Barnet trying to take the loft in the first game so maybe that was part of the trouble.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:13 - Jun 9 with 3815 viewsmorgantwin

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 12:04 - Jun 8 by ElHoop

Not questioning the accuracy of this Millwall angle, but wasn't the game at Barnet an evening game, so woul it have been a 'day out' given it's proximity? There were also tales of Barnet trying to take the loft in the first game so maybe that was part of the trouble.

how the outbreak involved millwall was because one of there top boys lived in barnet so he thought it would be a good craic to getn the south london bully boys involved but they badley under estimiated the zerro brained areas that qpr fans were recruited from

oveer the last 40- years qpr fans have been given the title of the fifth toughest club in london

but they can be very incosistant the millwall that invaded barnet that day onl;y expected to see 100 qpr but were shocked to find them selves out numberd 4 to 1 outside and with out the police protection they got inside the ground they got seriously turned over

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:28 - Jun 9 with 3796 viewsElHoop

OK maybe a few Millwall turned up but what happened at the Loftus Road game? I can't imagine that there weren't a few Spurs involved there somewhere.

Wealdstone brought a lot to Loftus Road for their cup game and I sat with the Wealdstone fans that day. It's weird when you support both teams. But Barnet, I've never liked the club at all and that night at Underhill was the start of it.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:38 - Jun 9 with 3777 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I find this chat about thuggery boring beyond belief. It glorifies violence, and seeing as football violence led to the deaths of hundreds of human beings I find it repugnant.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:39 - Jun 9 with 3767 viewssimmo

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:38 - Jun 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I find this chat about thuggery boring beyond belief. It glorifies violence, and seeing as football violence led to the deaths of hundreds of human beings I find it repugnant.

Agreed, utter bollocks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:43 - Jun 9 with 3745 viewsmorgantwin

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:28 - Jun 9 by ElHoop

OK maybe a few Millwall turned up but what happened at the Loftus Road game? I can't imagine that there weren't a few Spurs involved there somewhere.

Wealdstone brought a lot to Loftus Road for their cup game and I sat with the Wealdstone fans that day. It's weird when you support both teams. But Barnet, I've never liked the club at all and that night at Underhill was the start of it.

well wealdstone is a simular story to barnet they both had reputations as being trouble areas and so they could put a mob together and surprise league teams
its a bit ,like northolt backing up yeading when they played brentford,any area can be a big trouble area
when barnet came to loftus roasd i was at that game and they brought about 50 who were not attacked on the basis that qpr felt sorry for them,
and no they didnt do too much in the way of making a stand,but we off course didnt know about this legendary millwall fan who was going to be organising a terrifying welcome commite at under hill
OR ELSE MAKE NO MISTAKE THOSE BARNET WOULD HAVE GOT A VERY FROSTY RECEPTION

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:56 - Jun 9 with 3721 viewsElHoop

Wealdstone were never in the same league as Barnet when it came to nutters. Barnet would normally bring a couple of hundred to Wealdstone and about 50 of them would be nutters. Wealdstone didn't have any except fort he really big games when there was an element of rentamob, but nothing like Barnet. Wealdstone's reputation for thuggery is mostly down to sheer numbers and noise.

Wimbledon used to have a huge mob following them around in non-league, mostly well behaved but very noisy.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:02 - Jun 9 with 3707 viewsmorgantwin

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 09:56 - Jun 9 by ElHoop

Wealdstone were never in the same league as Barnet when it came to nutters. Barnet would normally bring a couple of hundred to Wealdstone and about 50 of them would be nutters. Wealdstone didn't have any except fort he really big games when there was an element of rentamob, but nothing like Barnet. Wealdstone's reputation for thuggery is mostly down to sheer numbers and noise.

Wimbledon used to have a huge mob following them around in non-league, mostly well behaved but very noisy.

yes but wealdstone had the mcanns a family of 13 brothers who could pull a huge firm them and the sweeneys would guarantee the wealdstone would stand against anybody

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:04 - Jun 9 with 3703 viewsElHoop

Yeah nobody cared much about it back then either, that's why it happened. I used to go to QPR home games and end up surrounded by Scummers or West Ham or Spurs or whatever and it was bloody scary at times. A lot more difficult than it was to be a Chelsea supporter. The club did nothing. You salt of the earth types give yourselves a pwoper good pat on the back and congratulate yuorselves on being such fine fellows, amongst the threads about horror movies and whatever else. Nobody is glorifying violence but the odd thread that recognises that these things actually happened isn't doing anyone any harm.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:07 - Jun 9 with 3694 viewsElHoop

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:02 - Jun 9 by morgantwin

yes but wealdstone had the mcanns a family of 13 brothers who could pull a huge firm them and the sweeneys would guarantee the wealdstone would stand against anybody

Maybe they could, I've no way of knowing that, but that was never what Wealdstone was about and they certainly didn't go to many games or they behaved themselves if they existed as Stones fans. Barnet was the only game when you knew that they'd come down and cause bother. They were nasty. Enfield were more like Wealdstone.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:12 - Jun 9 with 3682 viewsBrianMcCarthy

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:04 - Jun 9 by ElHoop

Yeah nobody cared much about it back then either, that's why it happened. I used to go to QPR home games and end up surrounded by Scummers or West Ham or Spurs or whatever and it was bloody scary at times. A lot more difficult than it was to be a Chelsea supporter. The club did nothing. You salt of the earth types give yourselves a pwoper good pat on the back and congratulate yuorselves on being such fine fellows, amongst the threads about horror movies and whatever else. Nobody is glorifying violence but the odd thread that recognises that these things actually happened isn't doing anyone any harm.

"Nobody is glorifying violence"

Sorry, El, I would agree but this is from the OP

"OH WHAT A PLEASURE IT WAS OUTSIDE WHEN 400 QPR THUGS SET ABOUT THEM NEAR THE STATION
OUTNUMBERD 4 TO 1 THEY TOOK A BEATING THAT DAY"

If using the word "pleasure" isn't glorifying violence, the nothing is.

I thought the History of the Loft thread was a howl, because of the pi$$-taking involved, but this thread is about violence and nothing else. And the chain of violence led to deaths. I'm not being moody about it, but it's worth pointing out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:16 - Jun 9 with 3677 viewsmorgantwin

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:07 - Jun 9 by ElHoop

Maybe they could, I've no way of knowing that, but that was never what Wealdstone was about and they certainly didn't go to many games or they behaved themselves if they existed as Stones fans. Barnet was the only game when you knew that they'd come down and cause bother. They were nasty. Enfield were more like Wealdstone.

WELL YOU GET AREAS THAT HAVE POCKETS OF TROUBLE,AND THESE AREAS SOMETIMES ASSOCIATE THEMSELVES WITH FOOTBALL TEAMS

I HAVE SO MANY TIMES GONE TO ALDERSHOT BUT SO FAR I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANTYTHING OPF THERE FAMOUS A BRIGADE THEY CERTAINLY HAVENT TURNED UP FOR ANY OF THE QPR FRIENDLIES

but next season i expect thee to be no trouble at all at loftus road

only the4 chelsea game looks potentially expolosive everything else looks like
LOVE PEACE AND HARMONY

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:19 - Jun 9 with 3672 viewsElHoop

Brian, having had to put up with that era, which was the one in which I went to the bulk of my QPR away games, I can tell you that you had to have your eyes and ears open. I'm certainly no fighter at all but my size at least offers a certain amount of visual deterrent so I managed to avoid ever getting involved in anything remotely serious. It was possible to do that but you had to be aware of everything that might be happening around you. So it was 'interesting' more from a sense of survival but we all used to talk about the aggro that was going on wherever it happened and it was a totally different culture back then. Kids these days who go to away games or big home games don't know how lucky they are - they can be fairly oblivious to that stuff most of the time.

As for Morgantwins, well he gets excited about this stuff doesn't he? There were times when if I'd seen 400 QPR giving some Chelsea fascist skinheads a battering then I'd have been more than happy, believe me.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2014 10:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024