Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL 16:20 - Jun 7 with 6184 viewsmorgantwin

ILL NEVER FOR GET THAT DAY,we drew barnet in cup game and they had just a family type support so we all went there
in dribs and drabs and stood at there end watching t6he game and prepareing ourselves for a day of festivities that included a good drink down the local pub
BUT WHAT WE DIDNT KNOW WAS THAT A TOP MILLWALL FAN LIVED IN BARNET AND HAD BROUGHT ONE HUNDRED SOUTH LONDON NUT CASES
we all saw loads of bricks as we went into the ground,but none of usw thought anything about it
then all of a sudden a cascade of bricks came flying over at us,qpr fans all over the place got there heads spilt open
AND A DEATHENING ROAR OF MMMMMIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLWWWWWAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL
RANG OUT
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE THERE WOULD BE A CEASATION OF BRICKS FOR TEN MINS THEN ANOTHER LOAD WOULD COME FLYING OVER
WE COULDNT WATCH THE GAME BECAUSE WE HAD TO WATCH FOR WHEN THE NEXT BRICKS WOULD BE LAUNCHED
AND THEY HAD THE POLICE CORDON TO PROTECT THEM.
what a nightmare game but these millwall were not bermonsdsey or rotherhythe this was not there top boys
OH WHAT A PLEASURE IT WAS OUTSIDE WHEN 400 QPR THUGS SET ABOUT THEM NEAR THE STATION
OUTNUMBERD 4 TO 1 THEY TOOK A BEATING THAT DAY IT WAS THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY THAT WE RECORDED A VICTORY AGAINST THE4 BULLY BOYS OF SOUTH LONDON
UP AGAINST OUR ELITE FIRM FROM LADBROKE GROVE AND SHEPARDS BUSH THE BULLY BOYS FELL LIKE NINE PINS
AND ITS ONLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS LATER THAT OUT OF THOUSANDS OF GAMES THIS WAS THE STRANGEST GAME IVE EVER BEEN TOO
did any of you go to that game or have you ever been at a game when another firm from another club attacked you
CERTAINLY THIS PROBERLY WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN TODAYS CCTV WORLD OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:29 - Jun 9 with 1036 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I understand that, El.

I only caught the tail end of it, thankfully. Was only five when we moved to Ireland in '75. We moved back in '85 so I saw plenty around that time but missed a lot in the intervening years. The whole thing was a disgrace, though. Made me sick.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:35 - Jun 9 with 1027 viewsElHoop

Probably the same scenario existed in Northern Ireland in a different way Brian. 'Did you see that ruck down the Wotsitdodoyne Road last night' or whatever. It wasn't so much different. It was just a way of life if you followed football and I was nuts about the game back then. But we did - we talked about the rucks that you saw at games or on TV and almost glorified it a little bit, and we were just normal guys who never got into rucks at all. You can imagine what the bad guys were like. It seems slightly shameful, given how it ended up at Heysel and Hillsborough, but it's how it was i'm afraid.
THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 13:19 - Jun 9 with 960 viewsmorgantwin

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 10:35 - Jun 9 by ElHoop

Probably the same scenario existed in Northern Ireland in a different way Brian. 'Did you see that ruck down the Wotsitdodoyne Road last night' or whatever. It wasn't so much different. It was just a way of life if you followed football and I was nuts about the game back then. But we did - we talked about the rucks that you saw at games or on TV and almost glorified it a little bit, and we were just normal guys who never got into rucks at all. You can imagine what the bad guys were like. It seems slightly shameful, given how it ended up at Heysel and Hillsborough, but it's how it was i'm afraid.

the northern ireland thing is not as bad as the hatred that we northolt have for chelsea
if we were badley behaved our parents who were all ex paratroopers made us wear a chelsea shirt
in hayes upthe road it was full of chelsea and in harra they had loads of chelsea but these were our traditional enemies
so most of the big families in northolt were half qpr and half west ham i dont know how so many northolt people became west ham
its just to do with this hatred of chelsea

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 13:32 - Jun 9 with 935 viewsmorgantwin

THE STRANGE SKIRMISH OF UNDERHILL on 13:19 - Jun 9 by morgantwin

the northern ireland thing is not as bad as the hatred that we northolt have for chelsea
if we were badley behaved our parents who were all ex paratroopers made us wear a chelsea shirt
in hayes upthe road it was full of chelsea and in harra they had loads of chelsea but these were our traditional enemies
so most of the big families in northolt were half qpr and half west ham i dont know how so many northolt people became west ham
its just to do with this hatred of chelsea

and a special thread to brian macarthy should read,
all kinds of violence it dosnt mastter what it is even smaking your favourite pussy cat is
not nice in 50 years time i believe that we will all exist in a time of peace love and harmony
and on the football terraces i think another 7 years will finish most of it
only west ham v millwall and cardiff v swansea and bristol city v bristol rovers will still exist
qpr v chelsea will just dwindle away as qpr become a very great footballing side with many wembley finals and many cups in our cabinet
without harry redknapp chelsea are finished they wont win nothing,and we will win stuff all the time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024