Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit 14:31 - May 27 with 30385 viewsrongould

C R A P.
New kit on 21:40 - May 27 with 2919 viewsBrightonhoop

New kit on 18:24 - May 27 by simmo

If you peel our badge off there's is underneath....quality all the way.
New kit on 21:50 - May 27 with 2907 viewsderbyhoop

My first reaction - bloody awful.
I certainly can't imagine buying the home kit.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New kit on 21:58 - May 27 with 2879 viewsNortholt_Rs

New kit on 17:06 - May 27 by timcocking

I think the difference of opinion which you don't seem to grasp, is that i'd prefer us to be wearing a QPR kit in the conference, rather than see us playing in the premier league in a kit which is not QPR. Why not change the name for a year as well?

I can understand your point of view that it's only a kit, but to me it's much more important than practically anything else. The fact we won a playoff final has bugger all to do with it.

I think i'm entitled to think that, whether others find it's ridiculous or not.

Granted, Tony has said only for one year. But sweet Jesus. I would have genuinely preferred to stay down and keep this year's perfect kit.

Takes ages to design. That's hilarious.

This has to be a wind-up, surely?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New kit on 22:03 - May 27 with 2870 viewsPunteR

I'm gonna buy one. Fak it. Who knows,we could be lifting another trophy in this kit. I'm f***ed off with all the negativity on this board just 3 days after winning at Wembley. Bunch of spoilt brats, sounding like my kids. Its a f*****g blue n white t-shirt... With a f*****g QPR badge on it..!!
Nike are paying us!
Lets get rid of some debt.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New kit on 22:07 - May 27 with 2860 viewsWesty75

New kit on 22:03 - May 27 by PunteR

I'm gonna buy one. Fak it. Who knows,we could be lifting another trophy in this kit. I'm f***ed off with all the negativity on this board just 3 days after winning at Wembley. Bunch of spoilt brats, sounding like my kids. Its a f*****g blue n white t-shirt... With a f*****g QPR badge on it..!!
Nike are paying us!
Lets get rid of some debt.

Amen to that.
New kit on 22:22 - May 27 with 2832 viewsDoughnut

I can live with the 1st and third...just...but the red and black stripe one is tossss!
New kit on 23:05 - May 27 with 2815 viewsBluce_Ree

New kit on 20:59 - May 27 by UPPERLOFTNZ

A disgrace - TF and the Board must surely be aware that as far as the fan are concerned all we want is sensible width hoops, a decent quality shirt and the dennis the memnace away kit - apart from that feel free to be creative... I've already emailed the club but I urge EVERYONE to email the club and make a noise about this!

Or alternatively I might just have some perspective and not complain about things that don't matter.
[Post edited 27 May 2014 23:05]

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

New kit on 23:15 - May 27 with 2790 viewsHunterhoop

It's crap, we all know it's a crap kit, but it's not important.

We've just won at Wembley, with 10 min, with a 90th minute winner.

We've just got back to the Premier League the year Fulham, Norwich and Cardiff got relegated.

We've just secured the club's future financially for a few more years, when 3 days ago we were £250m in the red.

I think we can all put up with a naff kit for one year. As has been said, "perspective" people.
Login to get fewer ads

New kit on 23:15 - May 27 with 2789 viewsrsonist

This year's Flamengo kit is nice...
New kit on 23:19 - May 27 with 2782 viewskensalriser

Not the ideal kit but really, not that bothered. No problem with the red and black stripes, either. Again, not great but better than the awful Coventry City and Luton Town kits we've had in recent years.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New kit on 00:07 - May 28 with 2743 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fernandes has explained that we don't have a say in regards to the first year. Ok so the hoops don't go all the way round and the hoops are too thin but that will change next season. We are in debt and the money that Nike are paying is much needed revenue to clear some of the debt and minimise any FFP punishment.
New kit on 08:05 - May 28 with 2679 viewsLancashirehoop

My initial reaction was they were all aweful off the peg Sunday league shirts as worn by Greenock Morton amongst others. However when my son came in from work and I showed him the launch video he said 'wow - the white kit, I'm getting one'

Now in the cold light of day and with the perspective of what's happened over the weekend I'm (luke) warming to them.

It's ironic that having paid exorbitant sums for mediocre product over the last 3 years or so, we are now being paid an exorbitant sum to wear a mediocre product but for only one year.

And in some form of inverted snobbery we could always put a sticker on the back with 'my other shirts are hooped' on it.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

New kit on 09:00 - May 28 with 2638 viewsdoogi55

this an awful kit the worse i have seen since the tangerine kit dump it now
New kit on 09:00 - May 28 with 2637 viewsSuffolk

I haven't been so p*ssed off with the club since the sacking of Warnock. Blue and White stripes my arse. Hoops are our identity and should not be for sale. I will not buy any of the shirts and my family and I will be boycotting Nike until our regular Hoops are returned.
New kit on 09:02 - May 28 with 2634 viewssimmo

New kit on 09:00 - May 28 by Suffolk

I haven't been so p*ssed off with the club since the sacking of Warnock. Blue and White stripes my arse. Hoops are our identity and should not be for sale. I will not buy any of the shirts and my family and I will be boycotting Nike until our regular Hoops are returned.

Jesus.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New kit on 09:21 - May 28 with 2617 viewsconnell10

New kit on 09:02 - May 28 by simmo

Jesus.

why the "jesus" comment mate? its a shite product which i wont be buying either! total tat!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New kit on 09:35 - May 28 with 2595 viewsDiscodroid

i think its a great shirt.. the best one for years

got a bit of jean paul gualtier matelot look about about it.

team it up with a generously cut pair of g star indigo jeans, some red or dead hong kong welts...and peaky blinder's haircut, your makeover as a terrace dandy is assured.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

New kit on 09:43 - May 28 with 2588 viewsGloucs_R

So, now the knee jerk reactions have calmed (including myself) in summary:

Financially a great deal for the club
Normal service resumed next season
We are back in the Premier League
We won with 10 men

Home kit - does have hoops but only on the lower back. Hoops are too thin. Was worn last year by lower league teams in europe. We all hate the white number square on the back. The front doesnt look too bad compared to lotto's Prem shirts.

Away kit - back to the away kit of the late 60's and early 70's.

3rd kit - very unlikely to be worn when we have a predominantly white kit for home. Reflects the 67 kit.

And just a reminder of some of the kits we have had over the past few years....never stopped us supporting the team.....

and finally...

I am more interested in who is playing IN the kits next season now.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 9:46]

Poll: Are we staying up?

New kit on 09:48 - May 28 with 2573 viewsSuffolk

New kit on 09:02 - May 28 by simmo

Jesus.

Only on Sunday. The rest of the week I am just a regular bloke,
New kit on 09:49 - May 28 with 2571 viewsLoft1979

New kit on 16:13 - May 27 by flynnbo

Probably in minority here. Dislike the home kit but the white has 1967 memories and the red and black striped one was one of our kits in 1969.

+1
New kit on 09:53 - May 28 with 2555 viewsDiscodroid

New kit on 09:43 - May 28 by Gloucs_R

So, now the knee jerk reactions have calmed (including myself) in summary:

Financially a great deal for the club
Normal service resumed next season
We are back in the Premier League
We won with 10 men

Home kit - does have hoops but only on the lower back. Hoops are too thin. Was worn last year by lower league teams in europe. We all hate the white number square on the back. The front doesnt look too bad compared to lotto's Prem shirts.

Away kit - back to the away kit of the late 60's and early 70's.

3rd kit - very unlikely to be worn when we have a predominantly white kit for home. Reflects the 67 kit.

And just a reminder of some of the kits we have had over the past few years....never stopped us supporting the team.....

and finally...

I am more interested in who is playing IN the kits next season now.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 9:46]

cor!, wasnt akos a nice looking fella!!.

i can see it now....a nice black rollneck, tight slacks , crashing thru my window and machine gunning his telephone number in my bedroom wall , perhaps bearing milk tray.

phwooarr!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Nike designs - inspiration from AC Milan and Real Madrid?? on 10:27 - May 28 with 3152 viewscoolranger

New kit on 00:07 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

Fernandes has explained that we don't have a say in regards to the first year. Ok so the hoops don't go all the way round and the hoops are too thin but that will change next season. We are in debt and the money that Nike are paying is much needed revenue to clear some of the debt and minimise any FFP punishment.

"Fernandes has explained that we don't have a say in regards to the first year" - OP

That's amazing. Who is the client in this deal? Surely as a manufacturer you want to make sure you come up with 3 designs that most Rangers fans will like or even love. But no, we have this continual meddling.

There seem to me two golden rules for most Rangers' fans 1) the classic blue and white hoops to be maintained ie: 3/4 blue hoops, not 8 and 2) the Denis the Menace black / red kit remains a favourite.

So we get...

1. Home kit has too many hoops and looks like Reading in my opinion
2. 2nd kit inspired by AC Milan? (why suddenly stripes?)
3. 3rd kit inspired by Real Madrid? (throw back to the 1967 heritage)

I guess we'll grow to accept them in time, for a year at least. It'll be interesting to see the club replica shirt sales.
New kit on 10:47 - May 28 with 3138 viewsQPunkR

What I still don't understand, despite the venom from both sides on this, is WHY this is part of the contract? What's in it for Nike that they can't just slap 3 or 4 blue hoops all the way round a white shirt, along with a sponsor and badge? Why force clubs (as apparently it's not just us) to pick from their pub team range for a year?

QPR - "shit but local"

New kit on 10:49 - May 28 with 3125 viewsCHUBBS

Horrible kit but its not the end of the world and whats more important is who we buy to fit into it.
I just can't let this cloud the feeling i have after Saturdays performance.
Roll on next season.
New kit on 11:11 - May 28 with 3094 viewseastside_r

Blimey

I hope this thread doesn’t get referenced on other teams’ boards or we will be getting hammered as DQPR (drama queens.)

I don’t mind the thin hoops. My preference would be for slightly fewer but more than on this season’s kit.

Am I not the only one who thought it looked a bit shit when tucked in (Benayoun?)

Also the bottom hoops on the new kit do go although way round, so not quite a Reading job.

I don’t like the big white panel but this has featured on home shirts before in living memory.

There were several ‘old’ shirts at Wembley on Saturday (last time the wearers’ went? — ban etc.) and for example the 1999/2000 home shirt (Ericcson) had white side panels i.e. hoops not going all the way round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024