Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Keir Starmer PM 10:23 - Jul 5 with 1760 viewsjohnlangy

Even though he's just been voted in as PM the thing that has come across to me over recent times is that he isn't a politician. Or at least he isn't like other politicians.

He hasn't promised a great deal. The manifesto is very careful promising not too much. And he's been pilloried for it by other parties who tried their best to get him to commit to going further. Which we all know would have then been used by those same parties to criticize him saying we would end up with more tax rises or spending cuts to pay for the promises which they dragged him into making.

But politicians over promising and under delivering is exactly what we always complain about. It happens all the time. Look at Boris on the steps of number 10 after being elected. He stated as fact that he had a Care plan ready and waiting to be delivered. And here we are five years later and nothing, literally, has happened. It was just another of Boris' big sound bites meaning absolutely zilch.

So, my point is that maybe he's said what he'll do because he knows that he can do it. Which is a good start even if a small one. And during the six months or whatever that the changes promised are carried out they'll develop a plan (a believable one) based on any progress in the economy

The first step is the most important one. Because without that you don't get anywhere.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:38 - Jul 5 with 979 viewscontroversial_jack

He's got the mandate now so who knows.He's kept a tight ship and done the right things. nothing extravagant or fake. I think we will see a different Starmer now that he has the mandate
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:20 - Jul 5 with 927 viewsmajorraglan

I was listening to Radio 4 this morning and they several guests on the show who talked about how well he’d done restructuring and improving a fractured and disjointed CPS after his appointment as the DPP. They gave the impression of him being a nuts and bolts kind of guy who understood how things work and the need to go in to detail to get things done.

You mention manifesto and other commitments, only a small number of the 2019 manifesto commitments were met. There was a commitment to reduced immigration, but clearly that hasn’t happened and I suspect is the driver behind Respect’s surge in popularity. Rees Mogg specifically mentioned immigration in this mornings interview.

I’m sick of bull@@@@@@‘s to be honest, I’d rather have someone of substance who gets things done and sorted than a slick liar who promises the earth and delivers nothing. If Starmer turns out to be someone who gets things done I’ll be happy.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:25 - Jul 5 with 920 viewsonehunglow

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:20 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

I was listening to Radio 4 this morning and they several guests on the show who talked about how well he’d done restructuring and improving a fractured and disjointed CPS after his appointment as the DPP. They gave the impression of him being a nuts and bolts kind of guy who understood how things work and the need to go in to detail to get things done.

You mention manifesto and other commitments, only a small number of the 2019 manifesto commitments were met. There was a commitment to reduced immigration, but clearly that hasn’t happened and I suspect is the driver behind Respect’s surge in popularity. Rees Mogg specifically mentioned immigration in this mornings interview.

I’m sick of bull@@@@@@‘s to be honest, I’d rather have someone of substance who gets things done and sorted than a slick liar who promises the earth and delivers nothing. If Starmer turns out to be someone who gets things done I’ll be happy.

Slick liars = Barristers
He seemed not to feel inclined to see Savile charged but went after Harvey Proctor with a vengeance
Thatcher,Blair = barristers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:32 - Jul 5 with 907 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:25 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

Slick liars = Barristers
He seemed not to feel inclined to see Savile charged but went after Harvey Proctor with a vengeance

Explain to me why Starmer is responsible for not prosecuting Saville.

Bearing in mind Saville was never arrested, no prosecutions were brought by the complainants.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:36 - Jul 5 with 902 viewsonehunglow

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:32 - Jul 5 by Gwyn737

Explain to me why Starmer is responsible for not prosecuting Saville.

Bearing in mind Saville was never arrested, no prosecutions were brought by the complainants.

It’ll leave it to more articulate folk

https://www.counselmagazine.co.uk/articles/dpp-apologises-savile

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:36 - Jul 5 with 902 viewsDr_Winston

To quote Napoleon, "Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake". Starmer has played a perfect game.

Quietly got on with not looking like a complete idiot for the most part whilst the Tories imploded before him. It remains to be seen whether or not he's up to the job. Giving a racist halfwit like Lammy one of the Great Offices of State isn't a great start, but if that's his biggest mistake then he's off to a reasonable start.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:42 - Jul 5 with 887 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:36 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

It’ll leave it to more articulate folk

https://www.counselmagazine.co.uk/articles/dpp-apologises-savile

Which part of that article states Starner holds any accountability?

Sadly, much was missed in not stopping this monster, but to blame Starmer is ludicrous. He apologised and of course he should have as the DPP.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:56 - Jul 5 with 876 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:36 - Jul 5 by Dr_Winston

To quote Napoleon, "Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake". Starmer has played a perfect game.

Quietly got on with not looking like a complete idiot for the most part whilst the Tories imploded before him. It remains to be seen whether or not he's up to the job. Giving a racist halfwit like Lammy one of the Great Offices of State isn't a great start, but if that's his biggest mistake then he's off to a reasonable start.

Lammy feels like a mis-step to me too. Probably just there to keep the left of the party quiet.

From a personal point of view I’m delighted to see Bridget Phillipson as Education Secretary, the first person on Free School Meals as a child to hold the role.
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 18:13 - Jul 5 with 841 viewsmajorraglan

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:25 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

Slick liars = Barristers

Saville was nothing to do with Starmer, Boris accused him but had to retract the claim and one of Boris’s top aide’s quit in protest at his accusations.
[Post edited 5 Jul 18:13]
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 19:19 - Jul 5 with 798 viewsFlashberryjack

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:56 - Jul 5 by Gwyn737

Lammy feels like a mis-step to me too. Probably just there to keep the left of the party quiet.

From a personal point of view I’m delighted to see Bridget Phillipson as Education Secretary, the first person on Free School Meals as a child to hold the role.

Lammy is a huge mistake, but I don't think he'll last that long before he shoots himself in the foot with that foul gob of his, then Starmer will quietly usher him out the back door to obscurity, which is exactly where he belongs.

On the other hand, Rachel Reeves being appointed Chancellor of the Exchequer is an excellent choice, although, she was pretty much nailed on for the job anyway.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 19:21 - Jul 5 with 792 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:42 - Jul 5 by Gwyn737

Which part of that article states Starner holds any accountability?

Sadly, much was missed in not stopping this monster, but to blame Starmer is ludicrous. He apologised and of course he should have as the DPP.

Johnson (who else?) perpetrated this lie and stuck with I for a while.

In the end he had to make a humble apology.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 19:45 - Jul 5 with 764 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 19:19 - Jul 5 by Flashberryjack

Lammy is a huge mistake, but I don't think he'll last that long before he shoots himself in the foot with that foul gob of his, then Starmer will quietly usher him out the back door to obscurity, which is exactly where he belongs.

On the other hand, Rachel Reeves being appointed Chancellor of the Exchequer is an excellent choice, although, she was pretty much nailed on for the job anyway.

I guess that's the plan, allow him to foul up and then you can deal with him for good, leave him out now and he will be a problem chipping away at you.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 19:56 - Jul 5 with 740 viewsraynor94

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:56 - Jul 5 by Gwyn737

Yes very impressed with Phillipson.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:11 - Jul 5 with 719 viewsKeithHaynes

If he can keep that brightness in his every day actions (to quote Luke) Separate himself from this grey man image and manage the main issues (certain ones he won’t) But he has a fair chance. People are already reporting he has lied, but then I expect that, they all do.

We will never see a return to what was Labour, these are more conservative IMO which in turn makes me wonder how they can be any different to what we’ve had for years. Starmer has one hell of a job on his hands, he could be the difference between what has just gone and what there is now.

Because atm there is little difference between them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:15 - Jul 5 with 706 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 19:56 - Jul 5 by raynor94

Yes very impressed with Phillipson.

With the exception of Lammy it’s been great watching the new cabinet bring announced.

It feels like the grown ups are in charge again.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:19 - Jul 5 with 698 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 18:13 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

Saville was nothing to do with Starmer, Boris accused him but had to retract the claim and one of Boris’s top aide’s quit in protest at his accusations.

Starmer was with the CPS at the time and said there wasn't enough evidence to go after Saville, ir at least that's what I have been told by someone I couldnt possibly name!
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:28 - Jul 5 with 692 viewsonehunglow

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:19 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

Starmer was with the CPS at the time and said there wasn't enough evidence to go after Saville, ir at least that's what I have been told by someone I couldnt possibly name!

There is a raft of damning evidence of incompetence on his watch as head of CPS
Public have no idea .
Unfit for purpose
[Post edited 5 Jul 20:28]

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:43 - Jul 5 with 669 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:28 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

Public have no idea .
Unfit for purpose

What is the raft? The Daily Mail keep mentioning this without any examples.

Lots of politicians didn't like him at all because he went for them over the expenses scandal big time.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:53 - Jul 5 with 644 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:28 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

Public have no idea .
Unfit for purpose

Such as?
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 21:13 - Jul 5 with 632 viewsbuilthjack

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 18:13 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

Perch has mentioned that 100 times. Sir Kier might just come looking for him in the courthouse if he keeps saying it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 23:55 - Jul 5 with 562 viewsmajorraglan

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:19 - Jul 5 by SullutaCreturned

Starmer was the CPS - he was the Director of Public Prosecutions but he had no involvement in the Saville case - it’s on record. The decision to NFA the case was made by a regional prosecutor at a much lower level.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 00:18 - Jul 6 with 538 viewsmax936

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 20:11 - Jul 5 by KeithHaynes

If he can keep that brightness in his every day actions (to quote Luke) Separate himself from this grey man image and manage the main issues (certain ones he won’t) But he has a fair chance. People are already reporting he has lied, but then I expect that, they all do.

We will never see a return to what was Labour, these are more conservative IMO which in turn makes me wonder how they can be any different to what we’ve had for years. Starmer has one hell of a job on his hands, he could be the difference between what has just gone and what there is now.

Because atm there is little difference between them.

Spot on, Blair started that change in Labour without doubt, a clear centrist as is Starmer in my opinion, little will change either, except this new parliament will be more open and honest. I hope.

Starmer has to step up to the plate now, can he do it, I'm not sure and have my doubt's, the public's distrust for all that went on with the disastrous tory government has given him this opportunity and he needs to grab it with both hands.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 08:18 - Jul 6 with 463 viewsDr_Winston

In the interest of fairness, having rightly criticised the appointment of Lammy, it's only right to say that the appointment of James Timpson as prisons minister could be inspired.
[Post edited 6 Jul 8:31]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 08:22 - Jul 6 with 459 viewsFireboy2

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 23:55 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

Starmer was the CPS - he was the Director of Public Prosecutions but he had no involvement in the Saville case - it’s on record. The decision to NFA the case was made by a regional prosecutor at a much lower level.

That's the truth but some people will never believe it.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 414 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 08:18 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

In the interest of fairness, having rightly criticised the appointment of Lammy, it's only right to say that the appointment of James Timpson as prisons minister could be inspired.
[Post edited 6 Jul 8:31]

Absolutely. Could be brilliant.

As I said yesterday, it feels like the grown ups have returned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024