Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Keir Starmer PM 10:23 - Jul 5 with 1922 viewsjohnlangy

Even though he's just been voted in as PM the thing that has come across to me over recent times is that he isn't a politician. Or at least he isn't like other politicians.

He hasn't promised a great deal. The manifesto is very careful promising not too much. And he's been pilloried for it by other parties who tried their best to get him to commit to going further. Which we all know would have then been used by those same parties to criticize him saying we would end up with more tax rises or spending cuts to pay for the promises which they dragged him into making.

But politicians over promising and under delivering is exactly what we always complain about. It happens all the time. Look at Boris on the steps of number 10 after being elected. He stated as fact that he had a Care plan ready and waiting to be delivered. And here we are five years later and nothing, literally, has happened. It was just another of Boris' big sound bites meaning absolutely zilch.

So, my point is that maybe he's said what he'll do because he knows that he can do it. Which is a good start even if a small one. And during the six months or whatever that the changes promised are carried out they'll develop a plan (a believable one) based on any progress in the economy

The first step is the most important one. Because without that you don't get anywhere.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:03 - Jul 6 with 788 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 09:51 - Jul 6 by Gwyn737

Absolutely. Could be brilliant.

As I said yesterday, it feels like the grown ups have returned.

Just came across this -

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:13 - Jul 6 with 786 viewsDr_Winston

For me, prisons should be about violent offenders, and what I call "nuisance" offenders. Your violent types, murder, rape, arson etc, by all means custodial sentencing is necessary. I would also use prisons as a means of giving society a rest from habitual criminals. You know the type. You see them in the Evening Post with 87 previous similar convictions. Those ones can't really be rehabilitated. They just keep offending and being sent to prison on a regular basis until eventually in most cases an overdose takes care of the problem.

There is another subset of criminals however for whom prison isn't a suitable place. Non Violent offenders. Possession charges, Fraud cases. There has to be a better way of "punishing" (for want of a better word) those who aren't really a threat or nuisance to society.
[Post edited 6 Jul 10:20]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:29 - Jul 6 with 756 viewsWhiterockin

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:13 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

For me, prisons should be about violent offenders, and what I call "nuisance" offenders. Your violent types, murder, rape, arson etc, by all means custodial sentencing is necessary. I would also use prisons as a means of giving society a rest from habitual criminals. You know the type. You see them in the Evening Post with 87 previous similar convictions. Those ones can't really be rehabilitated. They just keep offending and being sent to prison on a regular basis until eventually in most cases an overdose takes care of the problem.

There is another subset of criminals however for whom prison isn't a suitable place. Non Violent offenders. Possession charges, Fraud cases. There has to be a better way of "punishing" (for want of a better word) those who aren't really a threat or nuisance to society.

Do you think the couple who did the runner from restaurants should have been jailed? Just as a matter of interest.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:39 - Jul 6 with 748 viewsonehunglow

Wrong.
Prison is there to protect and keep public safe
That includes those who fall victim to fraud the likes of which wipes people out.
Also includes those who take a ton of metal on to the streets doped or pyssed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 11:03 - Jul 6 with 745 viewsDr_Winston

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:29 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Do you think the couple who did the runner from restaurants should have been jailed? Just as a matter of interest.

They would go on my list as repeat and nuisance offenders so yes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 11:34 - Jul 6 with 736 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:13 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

I agree, the story that gets pushed back is that it's too difficult to administer ' punishment ' away from prison. I am sure if you said to someone you must help on a community project one day a week for a year or go to prison for six months they may well decide to turn up to do the community work?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 12:23 - Jul 6 with 697 viewsGwyn737

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 08:18 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

In the interest of fairness, having rightly criticised the appointment of Lammy, it's only right to say that the appointment of James Timpson as prisons minister could be inspired.
[Post edited 6 Jul 8:31]

Although having a prisons minister who’s day job is cutting keys for any lock is pretty ironic 🤣
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 12:31 - Jul 6 with 681 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 23:55 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

Starmer was the CPS - he was the Director of Public Prosecutions but he had no involvement in the Saville case - it’s on record. The decision to NFA the case was made by a regional prosecutor at a much lower level.

Also worth pointing out Savile was a prolific offender for the best part of 80 years and started before Starmer was born so it’s more of a problem with the CPS and justice system as a whole rather than any individual.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:05 - Jul 6 with 634 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 12:31 - Jul 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Also worth pointing out Savile was a prolific offender for the best part of 80 years and started before Starmer was born so it’s more of a problem with the CPS and justice system as a whole rather than any individual.

Of course it is.
It’s the job of the police to investigate and offer evidence. The CPS decides whether there’s a reasonable chance of winning. If they prosecuted every possible case it would be a waste of public money.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:31 - Jul 6 with 586 viewscontroversial_jack

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:05 - Jul 6 by JumpingJackFlash

Of course it is.
It’s the job of the police to investigate and offer evidence. The CPS decides whether there’s a reasonable chance of winning. If they prosecuted every possible case it would be a waste of public money.

Spot on, and in the Saville case, there wasn't deemed enough evidence at the time
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:50 - Jul 6 with 569 viewsonehunglow

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:05 - Jul 6 by JumpingJackFlash

Of course it is.

And also “ in the public interest”

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 16:30 - Jul 6 with 547 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:31 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

Spot on, and in the Saville case, there wasn't deemed enough evidence at the time

There was more than enough evidence. He was shoving his hand up some poor girls arse live on top of the pops. They just chose not to act on it.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 16:39 - Jul 6 with 541 viewsraynor94

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:31 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

Well after watching the show with Coogan playing Saville he was doing things in plain site, sadly people and the BBC turned a blind eye, it might have affected the ratings.

He literally got away with murder

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:23 - Jul 6 with 518 viewsmajorraglan

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 15:50 - Jul 6 by onehunglow

And also “ in the public interest”

The public interest aspect only comes in to effect after the evidential test has been passed.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:25 - Jul 6 with 510 viewsmajorraglan

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 16:30 - Jul 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

There was more than enough evidence. He was shoving his hand up some poor girls arse live on top of the pops. They just chose not to act on it.

It’s my understanding that in the 4 cases presented to the CPS, none of the victims were prepared to attend Court which effectively kills the case.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:26 - Jul 6 with 508 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 16:39 - Jul 6 by raynor94

Well after watching the show with Coogan playing Saville he was doing things in plain site, sadly people and the BBC turned a blind eye, it might have affected the ratings.

Literal murder is a bit of a jump although he was supposedly considered to be a suspect in the Yorkshire ripper killings at one point.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:26 - Jul 6 with 506 viewsonehunglow

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 17:23 - Jul 6 by majorraglan

The public interest aspect only comes in to effect after the evidential test has been passed.

Yes I know,thanks

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 22:17 - Jul 6 with 445 viewsmax936

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 16:39 - Jul 6 by raynor94

The personnel running the BBC have been proven to be vermin, morals worse than an alley cat, no wonder Bonking Boris loved them,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 00:37 - Jul 7 with 402 viewsRobbie

As he said his manifesto he has bombed the Rwanda plan for asylum seekers ASAP .
Now wants to review prisoners and unlawfully locked up criminals , early release scheme .

Thank goodness I did note vote for him , amother Human Rights activist putting their case before real public opinion , Mrs. Blair thought the same .

Strong leadership over law and order issues , control of the small boats non existant now .
This now PM will look the other way of justice and law .

Already Rwanda want compensation for this u turn , our money down the pan again .
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 08:37 - Jul 7 with 346 viewsonehunglow

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 00:37 - Jul 7 by Robbie

As he said his manifesto he has bombed the Rwanda plan for asylum seekers ASAP .
Now wants to review prisoners and unlawfully locked up criminals , early release scheme .

Thank goodness I did note vote for him , amother Human Rights activist putting their case before real public opinion , Mrs. Blair thought the same .

Strong leadership over law and order issues , control of the small boats non existant now .

Already Rwanda want compensation for this u turn , our money down the pan again .

And the early released will go straight back to their criminal lives

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 08:58 - Jul 7 with 339 viewsbuilthjack

You know it’s costing a million a day now right?
Nobody has gone yet have they?
They have lost most of them

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sir Keir Starmer PM on 10:29 - Jul 7 with 305 viewscontroversial_jack

Unlawfully locked up. You missed the point there. Take time to think over what you posted and maybe you will get the irony.
Sir Keir Starmer PM on 06:49 - Jul 8 with 182 viewswaynekerr55

The Rwanda plan was a distraction from Patel's bullying swept under the carpet by that (swear word) Johnson. And whilst I agree criminals need dealing with being careful what you wish for RE human rights. Why is it only Russia and Belarus are the only European nations not signed up to the ECHR, the very court ourselves and Winston Churchill founded?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024