Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... 11:07 - Jun 19 with 800 viewstheloneranger

RIP ...

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 11:56 - Jun 19 with 768 viewsWhiterockin

One of my favourite bands of all time, an absolute travesty how it all ended. I regularly watch them on YouTube with a bottle of wine, heartbreaking.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 12:04 - Jun 19 with 753 viewscontroversial_jack

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 11:56 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

One of my favourite bands of all time, an absolute travesty how it all ended. I regularly watch them on YouTube with a bottle of wine, heartbreaking.

They were great. I didn't realise how successful they were though.
BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:40 - Jun 19 with 705 viewsKeithHaynes

Badfinger were an excellent progressive band who I think have always been in the higher echelons of Welsh music, despite numerous changes. They also have a a member who joined the 27 group when Pete Ham committed suicide some time in the seventies if I recall correctly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:43 - Jun 19 with 696 viewsonehunglow

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:40 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

Badfinger were an excellent progressive band who I think have always been in the higher echelons of Welsh music, despite numerous changes. They also have a a member who joined the 27 group when Pete Ham committed suicide some time in the seventies if I recall correctly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

And what a club that is Keith
Jim Morrison made me seethe at his self destruction and selfishness
It’s often the case with talented people

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:46 - Jun 19 with 695 viewsKeithHaynes

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:43 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

And what a club that is Keith
Jim Morrison made me seethe at his self destruction and selfishness
It’s often the case with talented people

Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin, there’s more, loads more.,

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 17:23 - Jun 19 with 639 viewstheloneranger

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:46 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin, there’s more, loads more.,

You've also got ....

Amy Winehouse

Richey Edwards

Brian Jones

Pete de Freitas

Gary Thain

Dave Alexander

Ron Kiernan

Les Harvey

Alan Wison - and sadly many more!!

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 17:28 - Jun 19 with 637 viewstheloneranger

One hell of a read ...

https://nation.cymru/culture/badfingers-pete-ham-at-75-the-most-tragic-story-in-

Peter lived around the corner from me -

"You could take the boy out of Swansea, but you couldn't take Swansea out of the boy!!

Taken far too early. 😥

RIP "Piggy"

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 18:22 - Jun 19 with 617 viewstheloneranger

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 11:56 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

Have you read this book??

Login to get fewer ads

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 18:47 - Jun 19 with 586 viewsKeithHaynes

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 17:23 - Jun 19 by theloneranger

You've also got ....

Amy Winehouse

Richey Edwards

Brian Jones

Pete de Freitas

Gary Thain

Dave Alexander

Ron Kiernan

Les Harvey

Alan Wison - and sadly many more!!

Forgot about the echo and the bunnymen drummer.

Always thought he committed suicide, but died in a motorbike accident.

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 18:51 - Jun 19 with 585 viewsonehunglow

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 18:47 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

Forgot about the echo and the bunnymen drummer.

Always thought he committed suicide, but died in a motorbike accident.

Great band

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 22:32 - Jun 21 with 441 viewsWingstandwood

To the rear of (closed many years back) Top Gear Music on London’s Denmark Street in the 1970’s was the outbuilding that became Badfinger’s rehearsal studio, which latter become the Sex Pistols rehearsal studio, demo-recording location and living quarters.

I had a conversation with the former owner of Top Gear Music, and he said that Pete Ham’s brother John used to make regular trips to Denmark Street even after Pete's passing. I guess it's a location popular for many fans of both Badfinger and Sex Pistols to go on some form of pilgrimage to retrace their musical hero's steps also.

I guess for John however it was some form of emotional release and sentimental-cathartic healing part of the grieving process for him, because I guess it was the very location where is brother was at his most happiest, most successful and untouched from the sociopathic world of rip-off mangement and music industry executives.

Argus!

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 23:47 - Jun 21 with 406 viewsRobbie

Great list of artists who left us far too early .

Karen Carpenter , health wise or other issues surronding her loss of life , what a voice .

Badfinger were a bit before my time .

Man at the Patti Pavillion , Deke Leonard included , vinyl 33 album in the plastic sleeve
cover them days , loved annoying the parents playing Bananas very loud .

Many years later after a break up , my ex threw all my vinyl classics in a skip for the tip .

Got over it , not bitter in any way .
BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 06:38 - Jun 22 with 363 viewsjackal

I think Jimi Hendrix too
BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 10:00 - Jun 22 with 314 viewscontroversial_jack

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 23:47 - Jun 21 by Robbie

Great list of artists who left us far too early .

Karen Carpenter , health wise or other issues surronding her loss of life , what a voice .

Badfinger were a bit before my time .

Man at the Patti Pavillion , Deke Leonard included , vinyl 33 album in the plastic sleeve
cover them days , loved annoying the parents playing Bananas very loud .

Many years later after a break up , my ex threw all my vinyl classics in a skip for the tip .

Got over it , not bitter in any way .

I still have the vinyl of that
BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 12:18 - Jun 22 with 289 viewsKeithHaynes

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 22:32 - Jun 21 by Wingstandwood

To the rear of (closed many years back) Top Gear Music on London’s Denmark Street in the 1970’s was the outbuilding that became Badfinger’s rehearsal studio, which latter become the Sex Pistols rehearsal studio, demo-recording location and living quarters.

I had a conversation with the former owner of Top Gear Music, and he said that Pete Ham’s brother John used to make regular trips to Denmark Street even after Pete's passing. I guess it's a location popular for many fans of both Badfinger and Sex Pistols to go on some form of pilgrimage to retrace their musical hero's steps also.

I guess for John however it was some form of emotional release and sentimental-cathartic healing part of the grieving process for him, because I guess it was the very location where is brother was at his most happiest, most successful and untouched from the sociopathic world of rip-off mangement and music industry executives.

Great post.

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:02 - Jun 22 with 272 viewsWingstandwood

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 12:18 - Jun 22 by KeithHaynes

Great post.

Thanks! I used to go into John Ham’s music shop as a teenager and in my early twenties and see the (and not copies) 'proffesional' instruments that my hero's on TOTP played. His shop tended to be the only one with that type of stock.

I can vividly remember seeing a Les Paul Deluxe played by Thin Lizzy and The Who....A white Fender Precision Bass with black scratch plate that Sid Vicious played, a silver face Fender Twin 100w amp that Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols used, a Rickenbacker 330 that Paul Weller played and a Rickenbacker 4001 bass that Glen Matlock of the Sex Pistols, Lemmy from Motorhead and Bruce Foxton of The Jam played.

This was all extremely ‘high-end’ gear that could not be scratched, scuffed or damaged, BUT despite that John Ham would let me and other kids wander and browse through his shop, unlike ‘Duck Son And Pinker’ where we were asked to leave despite causing no trouble or threat of damage to its vastly ‘inferior’ gear.

John Ham was an absolute diamond!

Argus!

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:37 - Jun 22 with 258 viewsonehunglow

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:02 - Jun 22 by Wingstandwood

Thanks! I used to go into John Ham’s music shop as a teenager and in my early twenties and see the (and not copies) 'proffesional' instruments that my hero's on TOTP played. His shop tended to be the only one with that type of stock.

I can vividly remember seeing a Les Paul Deluxe played by Thin Lizzy and The Who....A white Fender Precision Bass with black scratch plate that Sid Vicious played, a silver face Fender Twin 100w amp that Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols used, a Rickenbacker 330 that Paul Weller played and a Rickenbacker 4001 bass that Glen Matlock of the Sex Pistols, Lemmy from Motorhead and Bruce Foxton of The Jam played.

This was all extremely ‘high-end’ gear that could not be scratched, scuffed or damaged, BUT despite that John Ham would let me and other kids wander and browse through his shop, unlike ‘Duck Son And Pinker’ where we were asked to leave despite causing no trouble or threat of damage to its vastly ‘inferior’ gear.

John Ham was an absolute diamond!

We bought two piano ps from DSP.
Loved the Arcade

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:48 - Jun 22 with 243 viewsWingstandwood

BADFINGER - They Sold A Million ... on 13:37 - Jun 22 by onehunglow

We bought two piano ps from DSP.
Loved the Arcade

At the time (late 1970's) of being asked to leave Duck Son And Pinker I thought that the rather abrupt and unfriendly guy doing the orders was a right b@stard.

All these years later I pause and reflect and think that a lot of stock must have been damaged or dropped or stolen by over zealous and excited young hands. Hence why I have warm memories of John Ham's kindness to let teenagers like myself stand in awe at stuff that was impossible to purchase, or to save up for out of pocket money.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024