Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Losing the playing identity hurts more than the threat of relegation 09:29 - Nov 8 with 10035 viewsZut_Alors

Not sure about anyone else, but I think this needs to be made loud and clear to those in charge. The Premier League journey was always likely to end at some point, but to do so playing such dreadful football is just depressing. We have become just another club.

I expected us to go straight back down when we first came into the league. Despite losing 4-0 to Man City on the opening day, we were still playing good stuff and I enjoyed that game in the same way I enjoyed the promotion season before it. The premier league is not intrinsic to our enjoyment of the game and I valued the playing identity and style over the league we are in.

With that in mind, I would give BB more time to see if he has plans to put some sort of cohesive tactical plan in place — because I can't see anything resembling a style at the moment. If there's no improvement, we need to make a decision because surely it's better to get back the style before all remnants of it are removed.
Losing the playing identity hurts more than the threat of relegation on 12:29 - Nov 10 with 996 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Losing the playing identity hurts more than the threat of relegation on 11:59 - Nov 10 by KGriz16

i can't believe how desperate some posters are on here to want managers like Allardyce and Curbishly. We're forever moving more and more away from the football that got us to where we are today. I would happily go back down a league if it meant getting back the football us Jack's crave.

Not getting Joe back or Brendan here during the Summer spoke volumes to me. It's by any means neccesary now to stay in the PL for some fans as well as the board etc. We're slowly getting in line with other premier league clubs chopping and changing managers every three months, board members lining pockets with money, asset stripping, etc. It's really sad to see. The more and more I come onto this forum, the more I find myself getting angrier at what's going on around this football club. And for what? The sake of another season in the Premier League when tickets for big four games disappear to local arsenal fans, and tickets like Crystal Palace don't sell and another season of being fine with just surviving. There's always going to be a glass ceiling for clubs like the Swans in the Premier League, but for the sake of losing everything we have worked for the past 10+ years, the clubs identity, playing style etc I will happily go back down and start again. The club's a mess and it's depressing.

This isn't my local team anymore. Swansea City AFC feels more and more foreign by the week.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 12:07]

Yes playing style is so much more important than the welfare of the Club, the Acadmy and the City.
Let's go back to no matches shown on TV, no TV money and gates of 6000 fans.
Only the REAL fans would then go and watch the hoofball played by most of the visiting teams.
Losing the playing identity hurts more than the threat of relegation on 13:29 - Nov 10 with 969 viewsjack247

Losing the playing identity hurts more than the threat of relegation on 11:59 - Nov 10 by KGriz16

i can't believe how desperate some posters are on here to want managers like Allardyce and Curbishly. We're forever moving more and more away from the football that got us to where we are today. I would happily go back down a league if it meant getting back the football us Jack's crave.

Not getting Joe back or Brendan here during the Summer spoke volumes to me. It's by any means neccesary now to stay in the PL for some fans as well as the board etc. We're slowly getting in line with other premier league clubs chopping and changing managers every three months, board members lining pockets with money, asset stripping, etc. It's really sad to see. The more and more I come onto this forum, the more I find myself getting angrier at what's going on around this football club. And for what? The sake of another season in the Premier League when tickets for big four games disappear to local arsenal fans, and tickets like Crystal Palace don't sell and another season of being fine with just surviving. There's always going to be a glass ceiling for clubs like the Swans in the Premier League, but for the sake of losing everything we have worked for the past 10+ years, the clubs identity, playing style etc I will happily go back down and start again. The club's a mess and it's depressing.

This isn't my local team anymore. Swansea City AFC feels more and more foreign by the week.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 12:07]

All valid points. However it would be far better to survive where we are, with the TV money and then work on our style next season. It's any means necessary to survive here now for me, it wasn't in the summer, but I expected us to have Guidolin in charge and to sign a couple of decent players.

Allardyce etc aren't long term options, they are a means to an end that would enable us to have the funds to sign Joe Allen type players.

Being relegated won't suddenly turn us into a Championship Barcelona.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024