Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal 08:39 - Nov 3 with 8232 viewsthenorthbankbog

As well as banners and other protests being planned. I think another way to protest is hit them where it hurts in the pocket. If no one renews until February by then the new owners motives will be clear regarding the investment we keep hearing about.
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 10:51 - Nov 3 with 2023 viewsMurph75

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 10:49 - Nov 3 by jack247

I thought the idea was to wait until late in the window and then renew, not leave them go on general release. I will renew regardless of division anyway

What's the point in waiting? I don't feel that will achieve anything.
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 10:58 - Nov 3 with 2009 viewsjack247

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 10:51 - Nov 3 by Murph75

I don't know. It's clearly what the OP was suggesting though
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 11:10 - Nov 3 with 1990 viewsthenorthbankbog

It's about forcing the investment that we keep hearing about. We need new players or championship it will be. I know a few who are waiting to see what happens as they feel that they'll be putting money in the yanks pocket rather than the club. If there's no investment then we'll know that they're here to fleece the club and supporters for every penny. We've been here before but back then we had proper supporters with backbone. We need to let them know it's our club and all they are are custodians.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 11:11]
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 11:14 - Nov 3 with 1979 viewsfather_jack

know of loads that havent renewed last year and the year before, boys that have been going years. i think the 'waiting list' is bullshit tbh.

try and move seats you want to, club are totally unhelpful. truth is they dont give a fvck about the mugs paying to watch the 'product' anymore.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 11:37 - Nov 3 with 1948 viewscostalotta

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 09:21 - Nov 3 by SoberBaker

Wouldn't be surprised to see them reduce the cut-off time to Jan 31st

Let them do that. It won't make any difference to the fans!
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 11:58 - Nov 3 with 1925 viewswaynekerr55

As an exile, I don't have a ST.

However until that Pinocchio nosed c*nt, Mr Creosote and the rest of those Judas c*nts are gone I am not putting another penny directly into the club.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 12:03 - Nov 3 with 1920 viewsHighjack

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 10:51 - Nov 3 by Murph75

Exactly, the longer you wait the more the price goes up so we'd be handing over more cash willingly.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 12:16 - Nov 3 with 1884 viewsMurph75

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 11:58 - Nov 3 by waynekerr55

As an exile, I don't have a ST.

However until that Pinocchio nosed c*nt, Mr Creosote and the rest of those Judas c*nts are gone I am not putting another penny directly into the club.

Unfortunately there are thousands who will happily do it though.
Login to get fewer ads

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 12:18 - Nov 3 with 1882 viewsMurph75

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 11:14 - Nov 3 by father_jack

know of loads that havent renewed last year and the year before, boys that have been going years. i think the 'waiting list' is bullshit tbh.

try and move seats you want to, club are totally unhelpful. truth is they dont give a fvck about the mugs paying to watch the 'product' anymore.

The inability to move seats is because the current workforce tasked with this are totally inept.
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 12:26 - Nov 3 with 1868 viewsJohnw102

I sypathise with the sentiment, but as an OAP I will renew early to get the cheapest price I can, the saving will pay for at least one extra away trip.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 12:35 - Nov 3 with 1844 viewsLoyal

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 09:47 - Nov 3 by Darran

Well I'll be renewing mine anyway.

Nobody is saying not to, but leaving it till the last minute will send a message 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 13:19 - Nov 3 with 1768 viewsPrivate_Partz

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 10:49 - Nov 3 by jack247

I thought the idea was to wait until late in the window and then renew, not leave them go on general release. I will renew regardless of division anyway

Indeed. The point is to keep them guessing. If there is a massive drop in season ticket sales during the window it might just keep them focused on the job in hand. If we can see a genuine effort to strengthen the squad then I am sure the vast majority will renew. If there is a further sell out and asset stripping then many will not renew regardless.
The object of the exercise is to keep them on their toes and try and pressurise them to do the right thing in the window. Not abandon the club as some seem to think.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 13:58 - Nov 3 with 1712 viewsMattG

Maybe slightly OT but, after apologising to the Trust for not inviting HC to the meeting on ticket prices, have the Owners actually provided any information to the Trust on the outcome of those discussions or are the Trust as much in the dark as the rest of us?
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 19:33 - Nov 3 with 1585 views3swan

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 13:58 - Nov 3 by MattG

Maybe slightly OT but, after apologising to the Trust for not inviting HC to the meeting on ticket prices, have the Owners actually provided any information to the Trust on the outcome of those discussions or are the Trust as much in the dark as the rest of us?

Very good question
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 19:38 - Nov 3 with 1574 views3swan

ST's on sale in December then

As well as supporting The Wallich, the club will make a donation of Swans scarves to Age Cymru to ensure their Swansea-based participants are able to fight the chill this Christmas. For every ten season tickets renewed during the first week of December, the Swans will donate a scarf to the charity to be added to the hampers they deliver during the winter.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swans-help-to-keep-the-homeless-
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 19:40 - Nov 3 with 1559 viewsMattG

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 19:38 - Nov 3 by 3swan

As well as supporting The Wallich, the club will make a donation of Swans scarves to Age Cymru to ensure their Swansea-based participants are able to fight the chill this Christmas. For every ten season tickets renewed during the first week of December, the Swans will donate a scarf to the charity to be added to the hampers they deliver during the winter.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swans-help-to-keep-the-homeless-

One scarf for every 10 STs?

That's one scarf that probably costs the club less than a quid for every £4½k spent on STs.

Big effing wow.
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 19:40 - Nov 3 with 1555 viewsMurph75

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 19:38 - Nov 3 by 3swan

I wonder what they've done with the ADIDAS stuff from last season. Can't they give them that?
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:06 - Nov 3 with 1512 viewsLoyal

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 19:40 - Nov 3 by Murph75

I wonder what they've done with the ADIDAS stuff from last season. Can't they give them that?

Let them eat jellybeans.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:14 - Nov 3 with 1500 viewsJackfath

Aren't the monies raised through ticket season sales a relative drop in the ocean compared to the vast TV deals available therefore making this "protest" a bit pointless? Like others have said I will be renewing regardless. I also appreciate the small saving when renewing early. I wouldn't want to give the club more money just because I was making a protest but always going to renew anyway - seems a bit backward?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:19 - Nov 3 with 1488 viewsmarchamjack

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:06 - Nov 3 by Loyal

Let them eat jellybeans.

Me and Mrs MJ are exile ST holders, so every year renewal is some issue at least. We always um and ah and then pay up anyway.

Have to say this year though, since the whole Yankee takeover has kicked in, the club feels less like ours than ever before. That's nothing to do with performances on the pitch (we've been sht before over the years and we will be again, currently certainly are).

Our commitment (time/travel/money/giving up other things to attend) though is definitely lessened, at the moment. And that is down to the current disconnect between club and us fans. I blame the former owners and the current owners for this, each playing their part.

But genuinely hate how this has made us feel about 'our' club. Less connected is the best way I can put it. Therefore, more likely than I can ever remember to just jack in (excuse the pun) our ST's. The fact we're even in this mindset I hate both parties who are to blame, with an absolute fckn passion.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 20:20]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:24 - Nov 3 with 1465 viewsjack247

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:14 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

Aren't the monies raised through ticket season sales a relative drop in the ocean compared to the vast TV deals available therefore making this "protest" a bit pointless? Like others have said I will be renewing regardless. I also appreciate the small saving when renewing early. I wouldn't want to give the club more money just because I was making a protest but always going to renew anyway - seems a bit backward?

Yes, financially your £450-£500 is pretty much irrelevant to them, particularly as someone else will buy it if you don't renew. It's certainly not going to have the impact boycotting games did on Petty. I think it's just a way of showing dissatisfaction. For the sake of £20-£30 I'm happy to do it though.
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:24 - Nov 3 with 1464 viewslifelong

I always renew my season ticket at the last minute, will do the same for next season.
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 21:48 - Nov 3 with 1396 viewsLoyal

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 20:14 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

Depends on the message and how it is reported.

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 21:49 - Nov 3 with 1393 viewsNewhousemustscore

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 09:19 - Nov 3 by BigPhilG

They'll be asking to renew next month again as usual. I think it's a good idea to hang on until February, it will send a message and the yanks will have no idea who's going to renew and who's not

I'm buying 3 season tickets & each ticket will go up £10 each month I don't renew. So if I renew in February (rather than December, as I normally do) what message will I be sending out, other than the new owners will get an extra £60 out of me & it'll cost me an extra £60 to send this message out?
Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 22:04 - Nov 3 with 1365 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Boycott Season Tickets Renewal on 09:47 - Nov 3 by Darran

Well I'll be renewing mine anyway.

Aye, there's some autographs down in the Championship you haven't got yet..................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024