Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chico 18:07 - Apr 24 with 11475 viewsblaine_scfc

Twice the player Fernandez has ever been. Fu*k off Fede you sh*thouse
Chico on 20:50 - Apr 24 with 1911 viewskarnataka

Chico on 18:21 - Apr 24 by Drizzy

We could do far far better than Flores and Hernandez.

I agree but we'd probably do far far better with them as well.
Chico on 20:59 - Apr 24 with 1889 viewsLandore_Jack

Chico was a liability. Enough said.

#backtojack

Chico on 21:00 - Apr 24 with 1876 viewsBloodyhills

Chico on 18:19 - Apr 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Chico was a far better footballer, better positioning, awareness and passing.
he just suffered with Brain F*rts which led to some strange behaviour.

The trouble is that the brain farts cost us.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Chico on 22:48 - Apr 24 with 1806 viewssP7qupUf

Chico on 18:16 - Apr 24 by acejack3065

I'd start Amat next week

Agreed...instead of Williams.
Chico on 23:01 - Apr 24 with 1785 viewsLoyal

Chico on 18:21 - Apr 24 by Private_Partz

Fede has done a job but he is not as good a Chico. It was all part of the dismantling Of Laudrup's team that has caused the problems of today.

It was that dismantling of a side which is the reason for our current plight for sure.
Dismantled by an ungrateful board and a manager with no man management skills.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Chico on 23:15 - Apr 24 with 1769 viewsTheKirkyLife

There is no doubting that Flores performed better on a consistent basis than Fed does now BUT I absolutely despise the filth. He also PERFORMED on a regular basis and no Swansea City player should feel the need to reduce themselves to a laughing stock.

I was chuckling along with Big Sam and so pleased to get rid of him.

Ideally I'd play Amat alongside Ash for the rest of the season and see where we're at. If it's clear Amat is still a third choice then we look elsewhere - maybe to Chester, maybe to Rojo if United want to sell or even McNair on loan, maybe even a punt on Oxford form West Ham.

How about this one though, Matija Nastasić over at Schalke 04 has missed much of this campaign with a big injury and has returned to find his place not nailed down in the starting 11. Cheeky bid?
Chico on 00:52 - Apr 25 with 1749 viewsJBT95

Chico on 20:10 - Apr 24 by blaine_scfc

Superior in every aspect.

I'd say you was the joker if you thought otherwise.

The guy was a mad nut job with no self control. Nobody cared when he left cause he always cost us with silly challenges. Fernandez is a much better player, honestly can't believe what people are saying.
Chico on 03:58 - Apr 25 with 1712 viewsJackFish

Chico on 23:01 - Apr 24 by Loyal

It was that dismantling of a side which is the reason for our current plight for sure.
Dismantled by an ungrateful board and a manager with no man management skills.

What a load of shite. We've all conveniently forgotten that Laudrup's team just about treaded water for a year and had to be reduced by Monk when the messiah could no longer be arsed then? Or that we finished eighth last season?
Login to get fewer ads

Chico on 05:36 - Apr 25 with 1697 viewsjack247

Chico on 03:58 - Apr 25 by JackFish

What a load of shite. We've all conveniently forgotten that Laudrup's team just about treaded water for a year and had to be reduced by Monk when the messiah could no longer be arsed then? Or that we finished eighth last season?

People talk about finishing eighth last season as if it some way exonerates how bad we had been this season up until we sacked him. He was taking us to the championship.

Laudrup came in, had an excellent first season and then it went downhill fast, so did Monk. Both deserved praise initially, both deserved the sack when, if not before, they got it.
Chico on 07:07 - Apr 25 with 1676 viewsAnotherJohn

Chico on 05:36 - Apr 25 by jack247

People talk about finishing eighth last season as if it some way exonerates how bad we had been this season up until we sacked him. He was taking us to the championship.

Laudrup came in, had an excellent first season and then it went downhill fast, so did Monk. Both deserved praise initially, both deserved the sack when, if not before, they got it.

Partly agree. My take is that the drop in form under Laudrup came about after he became disillusioned with his lack of influence over transfers - the recruitment of Emnes and Ngog didn't help. At least Laudrup built a team. Monk gave the disintegrating team a temporary boost, but could not build a new one.
Chico on 07:13 - Apr 25 with 1672 viewsjack247

Chico on 07:07 - Apr 25 by AnotherJohn

Partly agree. My take is that the drop in form under Laudrup came about after he became disillusioned with his lack of influence over transfers - the recruitment of Emnes and Ngog didn't help. At least Laudrup built a team. Monk gave the disintegrating team a temporary boost, but could not build a new one.

I'm not saying they went about it the same way, there are things that Laudrup did better and things Monk did. The end result was the same though, a first season that easily exceeded expectations and we know how both their second seasons went.

He may have become disillusioned and he may have had every right to, he still lost the dressing room though.
Chico on 07:36 - Apr 25 with 1655 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup historically always suffered from second season syndrome as a manager. Whilst the battles between him, Tutumlu, the board and certain cliques within the squad certainly didn't help, he had a lot to do with his own downfall.

As for Monk, Pulising our way to eighth place impressed some, but the damage he was doing to the squad and the style of play that had served us so well for nearly a decade was obvious. The way things worked out this season was no surprise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chico on 07:47 - Apr 25 with 1643 viewssunshinehead

Chico was not a liability and in fact was a very efficient footballer for us, rarely putting a foot wrong unless dragged out of position by a wandering Ben Davies.

Fernandez hasn't covered himself in glory lately but it's mildly amusing to see him getting the blame when Captain Fantastic may as well have been wearing blue yesterday. Rangel will be a club legend but he is not first 11 quality anymore and Neil 'rabbit in the headlights' Taylor offers the grand total of f*ck all this season.

Major surgery required, Fernandez is just one of many symptoms.
Chico on 07:53 - Apr 25 with 1635 viewsmonmouth

Chico on 07:36 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup historically always suffered from second season syndrome as a manager. Whilst the battles between him, Tutumlu, the board and certain cliques within the squad certainly didn't help, he had a lot to do with his own downfall.

As for Monk, Pulising our way to eighth place impressed some, but the damage he was doing to the squad and the style of play that had served us so well for nearly a decade was obvious. The way things worked out this season was no surprise.

The damage has a way to go before working itself out too I reckon, if it ever does. We've lost the ability to pass and move; we have lazy or worse uncommitted players scattered over the pitch; a lot of tension and disruption at the head; no manager as such; half a dozen players going downhill faster than eddie the eagle; our identity has gone with no real togetherness or spirit from boardroom through players to fans.

We benefitted massively from a virtuous circle for over 10 years; we are now caught in a vicious one. I'm hungover and fed up after yesterday and worse I have to work today, but I can see some dark days ahead unless we get lucky.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chico on 07:57 - Apr 25 with 1627 viewsDr_Winston

Chico on 07:53 - Apr 25 by monmouth

The damage has a way to go before working itself out too I reckon, if it ever does. We've lost the ability to pass and move; we have lazy or worse uncommitted players scattered over the pitch; a lot of tension and disruption at the head; no manager as such; half a dozen players going downhill faster than eddie the eagle; our identity has gone with no real togetherness or spirit from boardroom through players to fans.

We benefitted massively from a virtuous circle for over 10 years; we are now caught in a vicious one. I'm hungover and fed up after yesterday and worse I have to work today, but I can see some dark days ahead unless we get lucky.

For good or evil, we need this takeover shit sorted quickly. We need a good long look at what coaching staff we have left. We need a manager in place (lets face it, it was never going to be Guidolin) to start work on building the team he wants with the players he wants.

No more half measures bullshit. No more signing players by committee. No more settling for anything but the best available option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chico on 08:20 - Apr 25 with 1613 viewsDr_Winston

Chico on 21:00 - Apr 24 by Bloodyhills

The trouble is that the brain farts cost us.

Not as many as Fernandez has. And not as many as people claim in general to be honest.

The backlash to Flores was always based more on the play acting and his run in with Monk than on any deficiencies in his ability as a defender.

Chico on 10:59 - Apr 25 with 1568 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chico on 19:47 - Apr 24 by jack247

It suffered because he was positionally weak and prone to lapses of concentration. Getting caught out of position because you have gone forward is one thing. Getting caught because you haven't watched your runner or you are simply standing in the wrong position isn't. He wasn't without his strengths, but he had glaring flaws as well. It's why he plays in the desert instead of somewhere decent.

Although man for man I'd say he is better than Fed, in this team he would be an utter disaster.

It was a strange opening post anyway, surely we should be looking at better than either of them?

Tend to agree. Like I said Chico was part of a team. One that had an exptionally good midfield and a talisman player that could keep a whole defence busy in trying to stop him score.
Chico would be a disaster in this side. Not so with a creative midfield in front if him. He has deficiencies, like any other player, but he brought so much more to the team in an attacking sense.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Chico on 11:49 - Apr 25 with 1531 viewsjack247

Chico on 10:59 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

Tend to agree. Like I said Chico was part of a team. One that had an exptionally good midfield and a talisman player that could keep a whole defence busy in trying to stop him score.
Chico would be a disaster in this side. Not so with a creative midfield in front if him. He has deficiencies, like any other player, but he brought so much more to the team in an attacking sense.

Can't argue with that. In a team that was based on retaining possession and dragging the opposition out of position, a centre back who could step into midfield at the right time was a real advantage. It gave opponents an extra man to think about and allowed our midfielders to move a little further forward or wider.

In our current team, I think he would be a big liability. No doubt he would get more tackles and headers in than Fede, I just think he would leave Ash way too exposed.

Not saying that Fede is the answer. People have talked about him being too timid and not winning enough challenges. It's hard to disagree. We need to improve there in the summer.
Chico on 12:54 - Apr 25 with 1481 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chico on 11:49 - Apr 25 by jack247

Can't argue with that. In a team that was based on retaining possession and dragging the opposition out of position, a centre back who could step into midfield at the right time was a real advantage. It gave opponents an extra man to think about and allowed our midfielders to move a little further forward or wider.

In our current team, I think he would be a big liability. No doubt he would get more tackles and headers in than Fede, I just think he would leave Ash way too exposed.

Not saying that Fede is the answer. People have talked about him being too timid and not winning enough challenges. It's hard to disagree. We need to improve there in the summer.

Well we have a choice. Do we sacrifice possession and sit back to hit it the oppo on the break? Or do we stick to our way of playing which would mean investment in midfield and forwards? If we are doing the firmer the. We need big strong, mobile, physical defenders right across the back four. Only Ash fits that category and he is coming to the end if his career.
Personally I hope we stick to our possession game and bring in the quality to achieve that so we can have Chico type defenders who can bolster the midfield and attack when required.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Chico on 13:00 - Apr 25 with 1471 viewsshandyjack

Chico on 05:36 - Apr 25 by jack247

is the correct answer

Poll: Expectation for the season

Chico on 13:15 - Apr 25 with 1453 viewsjack247

Chico on 12:54 - Apr 25 by Private_Partz

Well we have a choice. Do we sacrifice possession and sit back to hit it the oppo on the break? Or do we stick to our way of playing which would mean investment in midfield and forwards? If we are doing the firmer the. We need big strong, mobile, physical defenders right across the back four. Only Ash fits that category and he is coming to the end if his career.
Personally I hope we stick to our possession game and bring in the quality to achieve that so we can have Chico type defenders who can bolster the midfield and attack when required.

I doubt you would find a single fan not wanting us to play we did under Laudrup while Chico was at his best.

Problem is, how many first team players do we have suited to playing that way now? I'd say Ash, Rangel, Ki, Leon, Routledge, Paloschi and Siggy. Of those, Ash isn't the only one who is getting on a bit. It would take a massive squad overhaul.

Joe Allen and Bony may be blasts from the past, but they would be a step in that direction. We would still need quite a few new faces and they would need to bed in. The only real positive is that you don't need superstars to play like that. A good manager can coach the simple pass and move style game into a receptive player.
Chico on 13:19 - Apr 25 with 1449 viewsjasper_T

Chico on 23:15 - Apr 24 by TheKirkyLife

There is no doubting that Flores performed better on a consistent basis than Fed does now BUT I absolutely despise the filth. He also PERFORMED on a regular basis and no Swansea City player should feel the need to reduce themselves to a laughing stock.

I was chuckling along with Big Sam and so pleased to get rid of him.

Ideally I'd play Amat alongside Ash for the rest of the season and see where we're at. If it's clear Amat is still a third choice then we look elsewhere - maybe to Chester, maybe to Rojo if United want to sell or even McNair on loan, maybe even a punt on Oxford form West Ham.

How about this one though, Matija Nastasić over at Schalke 04 has missed much of this campaign with a big injury and has returned to find his place not nailed down in the starting 11. Cheeky bid?

Chester, Rojo and Mchair, good lord, the United fans are back out in force today.
Chico on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 1398 viewsgiantstoneater

Chico on 19:56 - Apr 24 by Flashberryjack

Williams has his bad games just like any other player, but remains one of the most consistently good defenders in the premiere league.

He has been an absolute stalwart in our Premier campaigns and before has hardly missed a game but looks like he could do with a rest I fear if we don't manage his game time now he will return from the Euros totally burnt out. Ash is a machine but even they need servicing! The problem we have is dare we not play him we are not as safe as some make out look at Sunderlands goal difference and Norwich, we are conceding far too many for us to relax just yet.
Chico on 14:49 - Apr 25 with 1379 viewsjack247

Chico on 14:27 - Apr 25 by giantstoneater

He has been an absolute stalwart in our Premier campaigns and before has hardly missed a game but looks like he could do with a rest I fear if we don't manage his game time now he will return from the Euros totally burnt out. Ash is a machine but even they need servicing! The problem we have is dare we not play him we are not as safe as some make out look at Sunderlands goal difference and Norwich, we are conceding far too many for us to relax just yet.

The Euros are a bit of a concern, as amazing as they obviously are for Welsh football. It would be a disaster if Ash and Siggy for example suffered from burn out a few months into the season. It affects everyone I suppose
Chico on 17:04 - Apr 25 with 1339 viewsTheKirkyLife

Chico on 13:19 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Chester, Rojo and Mchair, good lord, the United fans are back out in force today.

United they may be but would you complain if any of them were to end up here? :P

As someone who reckons we got two liabilities in Bartley/Fernandez and a perfect 3rd choice in Amat I wouldn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024