Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff 22:04 - Feb 10 with 17268 viewsJackFish

No wins since November, booed off at home (again) after managing one shot on target. Six points above the relegation zone. They couldn't possibly go down again, could they?
Cardiff on 18:34 - Feb 11 with 1933 viewsTom1912

Going for a League 1 manager without experience at a higher level was always going to be a gamble especially given the situation Cardiff were in at the time.

I've just had a look at his record at Cardiff, and it's above relegation form if you take 50 points to be the target but when you factor in the "new manager" boom they experienced when he first came in you have to say they're in trouble of freefalling at the moment.

Still, I think they'll just scrape it, given they already have 36 points but I can't see him staying there past the end of this season.
Cardiff on 19:12 - Feb 11 with 1887 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff on 18:21 - Feb 11 by icecoldjack

Wow, delusional AND head in the sand !...

So Slade must be a bad manager then? Not like he was League 1 manager of the season twice or anything, I do believe?

Or Orient were within a penalty kick of promotion last season under Slade with a squad that had not a penny spent?

In terms of right now, the squad needed dismantling and rebuilding on a pittance. FFP. If that was the role envisaged for Slade, to stabilise and rebuild for little money, then that's not the worst choice in the world.

We've "fans" who want Redknapp in. Yeah, that would work financially...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cardiff on 19:23 - Feb 11 with 1855 viewsicecoldjack

Cardiff on 19:12 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

So Slade must be a bad manager then? Not like he was League 1 manager of the season twice or anything, I do believe?

Or Orient were within a penalty kick of promotion last season under Slade with a squad that had not a penny spent?

In terms of right now, the squad needed dismantling and rebuilding on a pittance. FFP. If that was the role envisaged for Slade, to stabilise and rebuild for little money, then that's not the worst choice in the world.

Slade a bad manager? nah, he's amazing mun!

How do you know the role envisaged for slade then? didn't know you were there in talks with vinny .

Do you realise how incredible your words were "Orient were within a penalty kick of promotion" "league 1 manager twice"

So your suggesting Russell was the man you all wanted? nah, of course not, typical cardiff trait to try and always think you have the best manager,club,team,stadiu,players etc,etc

Yeah the mighty Russell sure is a catch aint he....league 1 manager of Orient who was on the verge of being sacked until cardiff came along!

Delusional indeed.
Cardiff on 19:29 - Feb 11 with 1840 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff on 19:23 - Feb 11 by icecoldjack

Slade a bad manager? nah, he's amazing mun!

How do you know the role envisaged for slade then? didn't know you were there in talks with vinny .

Do you realise how incredible your words were "Orient were within a penalty kick of promotion" "league 1 manager twice"

So your suggesting Russell was the man you all wanted? nah, of course not, typical cardiff trait to try and always think you have the best manager,club,team,stadiu,players etc,etc

Yeah the mighty Russell sure is a catch aint he....league 1 manager of Orient who was on the verge of being sacked until cardiff came along!

Delusional indeed.

Did I say I lnew the role envisged for Slade No, that's why I prefaced the comment with the word "If".

Incredible words? Nope, facts.

Typical Cardiff trait? Seriously? Have you seen who half our fans want? Warnock, Redknapp et al.

Do I think he's the greatest manager ever? No. Do I think he's the worst ever? No. Do I think right now we need a manager to provide a period of stability whilst we regroup under FFP and stop the spend-spend-spend cycle? Yes. Do I think Slade could do that at this point in time? Yes.

Delusional indeed, as you put it.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cardiff on 19:44 - Feb 11 with 1823 viewsTom1912

Surely a better choice would have been someone who could have gone straight in, motivated the players, got them playing effective football, and given you a chance of challenging for promotion?

If that hadn't worked out, and you then needed to dismantle and rebuild in the summer, then it would have been the time for someone like Slade.
Cardiff on 19:48 - Feb 11 with 1796 viewsicecoldjack

Cardiff on 19:29 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Did I say I lnew the role envisged for Slade No, that's why I prefaced the comment with the word "If".

Incredible words? Nope, facts.

Typical Cardiff trait? Seriously? Have you seen who half our fans want? Warnock, Redknapp et al.

Do I think he's the greatest manager ever? No. Do I think he's the worst ever? No. Do I think right now we need a manager to provide a period of stability whilst we regroup under FFP and stop the spend-spend-spend cycle? Yes. Do I think Slade could do that at this point in time? Yes.

Delusional indeed, as you put it.

Stop the spend spend spend cycle?...

Bit late for that arnt you? the time for showing concern on the spending front was about 4 yrs plus ago fella. Fact is cardiff fans neither had the guts or the desire to fight for the club.

Like 90% of your fans, spending money was perfectly fine until the ar$e fell out of your club, you didnt listen at the time, most of you don't even listen now, you were all happy to suck up and suck off vinny,the riddler,sam and the like in your pursuit of catching the swans.

Now its all about being prudent, now its all about regrouping to deal with FFP , again if your fans really cared they would have fooked off these people years ago and took control, you didnt because you loved spending money on the never never .. feck off mun!

Delusional indeed .
Cardiff on 12:24 - Feb 12 with 1701 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 19:48 - Feb 11 by icecoldjack

Stop the spend spend spend cycle?...

Bit late for that arnt you? the time for showing concern on the spending front was about 4 yrs plus ago fella. Fact is cardiff fans neither had the guts or the desire to fight for the club.

Like 90% of your fans, spending money was perfectly fine until the ar$e fell out of your club, you didnt listen at the time, most of you don't even listen now, you were all happy to suck up and suck off vinny,the riddler,sam and the like in your pursuit of catching the swans.

Now its all about being prudent, now its all about regrouping to deal with FFP , again if your fans really cared they would have fooked off these people years ago and took control, you didnt because you loved spending money on the never never .. feck off mun!

Delusional indeed .

Here we go again Cardiff fans didn't have the 'guts or the desire' to fight for the club!

Unlike our Welsh Walian Warriors that fought and scrapped for their club, which in effect wasn't worth feck all, although it did go on the market for the grand sum of a quid. Mind I am full of admiration of the guys that came to Ninian with begging buckets, that took some guts and good on them.

I know its going over old ground but this jerk has the audacity to call us deluded?
Cardiff on 12:27 - Feb 12 with 1698 viewsScoobyWho

Cardiff on 12:24 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

Here we go again Cardiff fans didn't have the 'guts or the desire' to fight for the club!

Unlike our Welsh Walian Warriors that fought and scrapped for their club, which in effect wasn't worth feck all, although it did go on the market for the grand sum of a quid. Mind I am full of admiration of the guys that came to Ninian with begging buckets, that took some guts and good on them.

I know its going over old ground but this jerk has the audacity to call us deluded?

Fcking hell here he comes again, same old mantra, same old rubbish, you know you are the cause and the effect for where you are now.

Accept it.

Your not fans your imbeciles.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff on 12:34 - Feb 12 with 1683 viewsPonderosa

Cardiff on 12:24 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

You all ARE f*cking deluded, though. You forever expect to be higher than you ever are, you are always better than you really are and its always somebody elses fault when it goes tits up. Best squad in the Championship wasn't it? Well that went well.

If you want to cover old ground we can always go back to Malaysian flags, badge changes and hero Chairmen, bankrolling you to the Champions League. Lets not though, eh?

Bring The Missus

Cardiff on 12:34 - Feb 12 with 1681 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 12:27 - Feb 12 by ScoobyWho

Fcking hell here he comes again, same old mantra, same old rubbish, you know you are the cause and the effect for where you are now.

Accept it.

Your not fans your imbeciles.

I didn't start this, that jerk did bud as you well know but there again with you i'm already doubting myself.

That's rich being called an imbecile from a thug!
Cardiff on 12:40 - Feb 12 with 1671 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 12:34 - Feb 12 by Ponderosa

You all ARE f*cking deluded, though. You forever expect to be higher than you ever are, you are always better than you really are and its always somebody elses fault when it goes tits up. Best squad in the Championship wasn't it? Well that went well.

If you want to cover old ground we can always go back to Malaysian flags, badge changes and hero Chairmen, bankrolling you to the Champions League. Lets not though, eh?

Look bud, point to a post of mine where I have stated those points you've raised, I know you can't so we can't be all deluded can we? Although I do think MOST of you are one eyed, I accept that.

I didn't start this about going over old ground bud, yet again you've overlooked that little ditty. Oh well.
Cardiff on 12:41 - Feb 12 with 1664 viewsLeonisGod

FFP with your parachute payments?! Yes, you've got tighter budgets now, but they are much, much larger than most teams' in that division. So lack of money is no excuse.

I'm surprised at Slade so far. It was always a gamble, but I though one worth taking. In hindsight it's starting to look like another mistake. Still relatively early days, but judging from the reports at the weekend it sounds like a shambles and even worse than us at the moment (and that's saying something!).
Cardiff on 12:48 - Feb 12 with 1643 viewsScoobyWho

Cardiff on 12:34 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

I didn't start this, that jerk did bud as you well know but there again with you i'm already doubting myself.

That's rich being called an imbecile from a thug!

Thats rich ?
But your not ....

Cardiff on 12:56 - Feb 12 with 1637 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 12:48 - Feb 12 by ScoobyWho

Thats rich ?
But your not ....

Not a thug either.
Cardiff on 12:58 - Feb 12 with 1632 viewsScoobyWho

Cardiff on 12:56 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

Not a thug either.

Aw, I know there there scooby pal, your hurting, we can see that.
Don't worry Tan the man will make it better.
He loves your club.
And your manager is a suoer chap.

Cardiff on 13:00 - Feb 12 with 1623 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 12:58 - Feb 12 by ScoobyWho

Aw, I know there there scooby pal, your hurting, we can see that.
Don't worry Tan the man will make it better.
He loves your club.
And your manager is a suoer chap.

Souer chap? New on me that one but hey ho i'll go with it.
Cardiff on 13:01 - Feb 12 with 1613 viewslondonlisa2001

Cardiff on 12:56 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

Not a thug either.

Ignore the vitriol.

Listen, I want Cardiff to lose as much as any swans fan, but for some fans it's the defining joy. A bit like all the Welsh rugby fans who don't give a stuff about anything other than beating England.

If in a few weeks' time, our club is sold, our fans will realise that they can't do anything much about it, certainly can't stop it happening (although hopefully the Trust will be able to preserve its status into perpetuity). The difference with Petty was that the sums involved were small enough that something could be done. Now, with millions and millions involved, nothing can be done since there is no chance if supporters being able to raise the money to do anything.
Cardiff on 13:02 - Feb 12 with 1612 viewsScoobyWho

Cardiff on 13:00 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

Souer chap? New on me that one but hey ho i'll go with it.

A cross between super and sewer .....
You knew that.

Cardiff on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 1600 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 13:01 - Feb 12 by londonlisa2001

Ignore the vitriol.

Listen, I want Cardiff to lose as much as any swans fan, but for some fans it's the defining joy. A bit like all the Welsh rugby fans who don't give a stuff about anything other than beating England.

If in a few weeks' time, our club is sold, our fans will realise that they can't do anything much about it, certainly can't stop it happening (although hopefully the Trust will be able to preserve its status into perpetuity). The difference with Petty was that the sums involved were small enough that something could be done. Now, with millions and millions involved, nothing can be done since there is no chance if supporters being able to raise the money to do anything.

Why does it take a woman to bring sense to proceedings ? Thanks Lisa for bringing a bit of rationale to this debate, please don't think I am being patronising as I am not, but some people are so rapped up in this rivalry lark that they lose all perspective.

Don't worry about the vitriol though Lis, I enjoy the put downs.
Cardiff on 13:10 - Feb 12 with 1596 viewsLeonisGod

Cardiff on 13:01 - Feb 12 by londonlisa2001

Ignore the vitriol.

I want them to be in the PL. The lead up and atmosphere around the Derby games are electric. Football is about emotions for me, and they don't get more intense than at a derby game. My wedding day may have been close, but tbh I remember more about the derbies
Cardiff on 13:11 - Feb 12 with 1592 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 13:02 - Feb 12 by ScoobyWho

A cross between super and sewer .....
You knew that.

Ah sewer, I would have thought you are more accustomed to that bud.
Cardiff on 13:12 - Feb 12 with 1589 viewsScoobyWho

Cardiff on 13:11 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

Ah sewer, I would have thought you are more accustomed to that bud.

So nasty, and so uncalled for.

Cardiff on 13:13 - Feb 12 with 1588 viewslondonlisa2001

Cardiff on 13:09 - Feb 12 by ScoobyDoo

Why does it take a woman to bring sense to proceedings ? Thanks Lisa for bringing a bit of rationale to this debate, please don't think I am being patronising as I am not, but some people are so rapped up in this rivalry lark that they lose all perspective.

Don't worry about the vitriol though Lis, I enjoy the put downs.

no problem!

It is so stupid though - getting together £20k or even £100k is one thing, getting together £100m (or in your case whatever that figure would be) is just like saying - well your fans should just fly to the moon and would do if they cared enough.
Cardiff on 13:14 - Feb 12 with 1580 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 13:10 - Feb 12 by LeonisGod

I want them to be in the PL. The lead up and atmosphere around the Derby games are electric. Football is about emotions for me, and they don't get more intense than at a derby game. My wedding day may have been close, but tbh I remember more about the derbies

I agree the derby games are electric whichever league your in. Its a pity about the bubbles though but at present day safest option.
Cardiff on 13:16 - Feb 12 with 1576 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 13:12 - Feb 12 by ScoobyWho

So nasty, and so uncalled for.

That's unlike you bud?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024