Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff 22:04 - Feb 10 with 17269 viewsJackFish

No wins since November, booed off at home (again) after managing one shot on target. Six points above the relegation zone. They couldn't possibly go down again, could they?
Cardiff on 14:12 - Feb 11 with 2013 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff on 14:08 - Feb 11 by ScoobyDoo

Not often I agree with you but yeah I think he is out of his depth. Don't think the senior players respect him and I don't think he is strong enough to get us out of this mess, relegation is more of a possibility than anything else.

Went to Sheffield last Saturday and it was one of the worst games i'd seen, the pitch was terrible but it was the same for both sides.

Nah, don't you have home games with Charlton and Blackpool? That should do the trick with a 6 point start. The games with Millwall and Leeds could be a bit tasty though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff on 14:16 - Feb 11 with 2006 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 14:12 - Feb 11 by monmouth

Nah, don't you have home games with Charlton and Blackpool? That should do the trick with a 6 point start. The games with Millwall and Leeds could be a bit tasty though.

At present I wouldn't back this team against anybody. If we get sucked into a relegation fight we will go down, the Manager does not inspire me as he clearly doesn't inspire the team.
Cardiff on 14:18 - Feb 11 with 2003 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff on 14:08 - Feb 11 by ScoobyDoo

Not often I agree with you but yeah I think he is out of his depth. Don't think the senior players respect him and I don't think he is strong enough to get us out of this mess, relegation is more of a possibility than anything else.

Went to Sheffield last Saturday and it was one of the worst games i'd seen, the pitch was terrible but it was the same for both sides.

Eh... at the end of the day though Scoobs, Slade is the manager.

Players can like or dislike it all they like but if they want to put the blame for poor individual performances down to not liking Slade then that's a pathetic excuse.

So far we've imo improved defensively at the full back spots. O'Keefe has impressed me with regards to getting stuck in. Revell and Doyle are clear upgrades over Macheda - and whilst some are going on about Le Fondre scoring last night as if that shows Slade to be clueless, the goal was an open goal from outside the area after the keeper had come haring out.

McAleny looks lightweight but quality.

Where we're lacking is firmly in the centre of midfield. Whitts is in poor form but at least is capable of doing something. Gunnarsson has been woeful.

We've obviously got Pilkington to come back along with Mason but I'd prefer to see Adeyemi in midfield for Gunnarsson.

Adeyemi box to box like Mutch did, O'Keefe defending, Whitts back to doing what he wants.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cardiff on 14:20 - Feb 11 with 1997 viewsDewi1jack

Cardiff on 00:18 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Not impossible ;)

If we had a chance of top six, tonight was a must win. Never in any ral trouble, Jones and Gunarsson missed two clear headers. 4-2-3-1 has improved things at the back imo we're just mising something going forward as a result.

" imo we're just mising something going forward as a result."

yes,yes you are...

half tidy players to start with.
A manager capable of thinking above L1/ L2 standard.
Oh, and fans that'll turn up and encourage the team, now you've all got what you want.
Don't think you're going to get much for Marshall when he's playing in L1.
The rest of your team's worth 2 bob ha'penny, so you can rest assured the Great, Munificent Uncle Vinny can't asset strip much more
S'pose we could have him as back up to Fab. He's not too bad a keeper and younger than Gerry

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Cardiff on 14:23 - Feb 11 with 1986 viewsblueytheblue

This site needs a wagging finger disapprovingly smiley.

As bad as we were at times last night, when we got Doyle on for the second half and looked to get more crosses into the box, we looked dangerous.

Jones clear header wide. Gunnarsson free header over the bar.

Cardiff on 14:30 - Feb 11 with 1974 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff on 14:23 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

As bad as we were at times last night, when we got Doyle on for the second half and looked to get more crosses into the box, we looked dangerous.

I'd like to see the Tan reaction if you lose to the milkyman. I think wiggum will be a bit fired up that day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff on 14:31 - Feb 11 with 1973 viewsBadgeman

Cardiff on 14:23 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Fair play, you must be the only optimist left on this entire site.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Cardiff on 14:32 - Feb 11 with 1965 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 14:18 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Eh... at the end of the day though Scoobs, Slade is the manager.

Players can like or dislike it all they like but if they want to put the blame for poor individual performances down to not liking Slade then that's a pathetic excuse.

So far we've imo improved defensively at the full back spots. O'Keefe has impressed me with regards to getting stuck in. Revell and Doyle are clear upgrades over Macheda - and whilst some are going on about Le Fondre scoring last night as if that shows Slade to be clueless, the goal was an open goal from outside the area after the keeper had come haring out.

McAleny looks lightweight but quality.

Where we're lacking is firmly in the centre of midfield. Whitts is in poor form but at least is capable of doing something. Gunnarsson has been woeful.

We've obviously got Pilkington to come back along with Mason but I'd prefer to see Adeyemi in midfield for Gunnarsson.

Adeyemi box to box like Mutch did, O'Keefe defending, Whitts back to doing what he wants.

Bluey I know Whitts is a confidence player which we know he is lacking at the moment. Him and Gunnar are struggling as we know but Slade is sticking by them, similar to what he did with ALF until he loaned him out. 2 points out of the last 18 mate, there is only one direction we are going, if or when we get sucked in to a relegation scrap do you honestly think there is fight in our midfield?

Up at Sheffield Saturday the pitch was woeful, not suited to Whitts, the ball was more in the air than on the ground, he was only there for his set plays, similar Gunnar for his throws. Games are running out now and I see no sign of improvement, yes i'd like to see Mason back and I agree Pilkington has to come back in but I think we are starting to look over our shoulders now, the pack are closing in.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff on 14:48 - Feb 11 with 1932 viewsorion3016

Cardiff on 14:32 - Feb 11 by ScoobyDoo

Bluey I know Whitts is a confidence player which we know he is lacking at the moment. Him and Gunnar are struggling as we know but Slade is sticking by them, similar to what he did with ALF until he loaned him out. 2 points out of the last 18 mate, there is only one direction we are going, if or when we get sucked in to a relegation scrap do you honestly think there is fight in our midfield?

Up at Sheffield Saturday the pitch was woeful, not suited to Whitts, the ball was more in the air than on the ground, he was only there for his set plays, similar Gunnar for his throws. Games are running out now and I see no sign of improvement, yes i'd like to see Mason back and I agree Pilkington has to come back in but I think we are starting to look over our shoulders now, the pack are closing in.

Reading this having a few beers in brum waiting for another premier league game

Wish you were here

Bliss

Be over there now after

Cardiff on 14:50 - Feb 11 with 1922 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff on 14:32 - Feb 11 by ScoobyDoo

Well, we had a terrible run of games in January, look at the sides we played. It was fairly obvious things were going to be nowhere near perfect given the work needing to be done revamping the squad.

Pack may be closing in but I'd say we're starting to look more solid at the back and we do have the points on the board. In terms of fight, I'd say certainly at the back we do. Central midfield is the weakness though, as I said I'd get Gunnarsson out of there ASAP. O'Keefe is a definite battler, Adeyemi can get forward and get stuck in.

Cardiff on 14:54 - Feb 11 with 1913 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 14:48 - Feb 11 by orion3016

Reading this having a few beers in brum waiting for another premier league game

Wish you were here

Bliss

Well my old mate if you're reading a thread about Cardiff on an away day it says more about you than me . Have a good night.
Cardiff on 14:59 - Feb 11 with 1907 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 14:50 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Well, we had a terrible run of games in January, look at the sides we played. It was fairly obvious things were going to be nowhere near perfect given the work needing to be done revamping the squad.

Pack may be closing in but I'd say we're starting to look more solid at the back and we do have the points on the board. In terms of fight, I'd say certainly at the back we do. Central midfield is the weakness though, as I said I'd get Gunnarsson out of there ASAP. O'Keefe is a definite battler, Adeyemi can get forward and get stuck in.

Hope you're right, Brighton and Millwall win Saturday when we are not playing the pressure will be on big time. Hope we are up to it.
Cardiff on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 1899 viewslondonlisa2001

Cardiff on 14:59 - Feb 11 by ScoobyDoo

Hope you're right, Brighton and Millwall win Saturday when we are not playing the pressure will be on big time. Hope we are up to it.

What's the usual points total for safety in the championship? (the '40' points equivalent).

Surely you'll be OK for that?

Although close on points, there should be enough teams below you to be OK unless they are all playing each other ? How many of them have you still got to play?
Cardiff on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 1899 viewsBadgeman

Cardiff on 14:50 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Personally I don't think you're going down this year as there are quite a few crap teams still below you. However if the corner is to be turned you need to start putting teams like Brighton to the sword at home.

Cardiff on 15:07 - Feb 11 with 1893 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 15:04 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

What's the usual points total for safety in the championship? (the '40' points equivalent).

Surely you'll be OK for that?

Although close on points, there should be enough teams below you to be OK unless they are all playing each other ? How many of them have you still got to play?

Normally it is 50pts in the Championship Lisa, a long way to go yet. Not saying we are not capable of getting them but on present form we are struggling.
Cardiff on 15:11 - Feb 11 with 1882 viewslondonlisa2001

Cardiff on 15:07 - Feb 11 by ScoobyDoo

Normally it is 50pts in the Championship Lisa, a long way to go yet. Not saying we are not capable of getting them but on present form we are struggling.

oh wow - that's a bit higher than I would have thought.

A point a game though and you'll be fine. Surely you'll get that - a couple of wins and you'll be laughing.

The bigger issue I would think is what happens in the summer. You can't afford to be away from the premier league too long with the cost base (although this is obviously getting cut a lot). Difficult to see at the moment whether Slade is the right man to be able to build a side capable of promotion. Particularly with the teams likely to come down again.
Cardiff on 15:16 - Feb 11 with 1871 viewsBadgeman

Cardiff on 15:11 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

A point a game though and you'll be fine. Surely you'll get that - a couple of wins and you'll be laughing.

The bigger issue I would think is what happens in the summer. You can't afford to be away from the premier league too long with the cost base (although this is obviously getting cut a lot). Difficult to see at the moment whether Slade is the right man to be able to build a side capable of promotion. Particularly with the teams likely to come down again.

Leicester were relegated to League 1 in 2007/8 on 52 points so its a bit harder to nail down in the championship.

They will worm their way out of trouble though. They pretty much always do.

Cardiff on 15:20 - Feb 11 with 1859 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff on 15:11 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

Well if i'm honest Lis I wouldn't want Slade there in the summer to build a squad really, I can't take to him, was prepared to give him a chance but i'm losing patience.

We have Millwall, Charlton and Blackpool at home and Leeds away, all below us but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter where they are if those games become six pointers, they become more like cup games. As for the Premiership, that already seems light years ago, we need to consolidate this season first.
Cardiff on 17:54 - Feb 11 with 1744 viewsicecoldjack

Cardiff on 10:49 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Do you think the emergency services at the ground rely upon Ali to tell them over the tannoy around the 80 minute mark?

Or do you think they've instant access to the correct figures?

No chance of knowing the attendence at the 80th minute mark mate, most of you have fooked off by then ...

My point is that the Attendance given should be who walked through the gate that night, people who were there reckon its alot lower then suggested.

Not that i really care mind you..
Cardiff on 17:58 - Feb 11 with 1734 viewsDr_Winston

Unless either Wigan or Blackpool have an amazing turnaround in form then there's only one relegation spot left. You'd expect them to have too much to drop into that, but it's possible.

Next season will be the fun one. If they do get rid of Slade most reputable managers wouldn't go near the place. Unless they get lucky a bad start could see them dropping down again like quite a few clubs relegated from the PL have managed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff on 17:59 - Feb 11 with 1732 viewsOldjack

The sun shines on the righteous ,The Scum are far from that ,so with a bit of luck and a fair wind ,down they'll bloody go ,and i loves it !!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cardiff on 18:03 - Feb 11 with 1726 viewsjackonicko

Cardiff on 17:59 - Feb 11 by Oldjack

The sun shines on the righteous ,The Scum are far from that ,so with a bit of luck and a fair wind ,down they'll bloody go ,and i loves it !!

To be fair to Cardiff, their ongoing boycott until they return to blue is impressive.

Oh.
Cardiff on 18:11 - Feb 11 with 1701 viewsOldjack

Cardiff on 18:03 - Feb 11 by jackonicko

To be fair to Cardiff, their ongoing boycott until they return to blue is impressive.

Oh.

that lucky red is no more, Tan the man has cursed them along with no more more money ,Comedy central gets better and better by each passing month

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cardiff on 18:17 - Feb 11 with 1689 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff on 15:20 - Feb 11 by ScoobyDoo

Well if i'm honest Lis I wouldn't want Slade there in the summer to build a squad really, I can't take to him, was prepared to give him a chance but i'm losing patience.

We have Millwall, Charlton and Blackpool at home and Leeds away, all below us but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter where they are if those games become six pointers, they become more like cup games. As for the Premiership, that already seems light years ago, we need to consolidate this season first.

Scoops, Slade's record shows an impressive way of getting squads assembled with zero money to overperform if anything.

I don't for one second see him as somebody long term to do a quality job but if we're looking for someone to revamp a squad whilst adhering to FFP then I can't see many other names in the frame.

How many signings in Jan have been poor ones? I'd say none so far but people are so swayed with wanting sexier, bigger names they are damned already.

Cardiff on 18:21 - Feb 11 with 1683 viewsicecoldjack

Cardiff on 18:17 - Feb 11 by blueytheblue

Scoops, Slade's record shows an impressive way of getting squads assembled with zero money to overperform if anything.

I don't for one second see him as somebody long term to do a quality job but if we're looking for someone to revamp a squad whilst adhering to FFP then I can't see many other names in the frame.

How many signings in Jan have been poor ones? I'd say none so far but people are so swayed with wanting sexier, bigger names they are damned already.

Wow, delusional AND head in the sand !...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024