Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you say this was racist? 18:00 - Oct 6 with 43332 viewsJackoBoostardo

Not too sure about it being racist myself. People can't call Jews, Jews now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29263340

No worse calling us all 'sheepshaggers' surely?!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Would you say this was racist? on 10:19 - Nov 27 with 2070 viewsBloodyhills

Would you say this was racist? on 18:43 - Oct 6 by JackoBoostardo

Wow.... so may self-righteous people here tonight! Sensitive dabs.

Going back to the question, and the point in question - what here is different to what we see against US as a club?!

So get off your high horses - it's a valid question! We've seen signs calling us "Sheepshaggers" and "welsh c*nts".

And no, this thread isn't condoning anything - it's to get a debate going! Too many people seem lively enough to jump in to think the worst all the time of people.

Source of the photo? Dailymail.

You asked the question and people are answering.

Out of curiosity do you think it's racist?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would you say this was racist? on 10:21 - Nov 27 with 2065 viewsBloodyhills

Would you say this was racist? on 18:44 - Oct 6 by Jackfath

I have not seen a sign saying anything you've mentioned. Ever.

Now you mention it Jackfath, i've never seen a sign as mentioned either. Might have heard a few chants though.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 10:22]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would you say this was racist? on 10:32 - Nov 27 with 2058 viewsBloodyhills

Would you say this was racist? on 19:17 - Oct 6 by JackoBoostardo

And anti-Islamic banner ISN'T racist you tool!

ISLAM isn't a race!

Just typifies the qualify of conversation you can have here really.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 19:20]

And calling people tools is part of an adult discussion?

Would you say this was racist? on 10:46 - Nov 27 with 2050 viewsDafyddHuw

I can't believe most people on this thread think that Jews are a race. It's a relion. By your logic, Scientologists are a race. Are you serious?

And Lisa. Out of all you Jewish friends/acquaintances, how many are married outside the faith? I bet the answer is very very close to zero. Don't you find that incredibly offensive and "racist"?

"Yes, you can marry my daughter, but not before you convert to Judaism. Im not having my family narry outside the Jewish faith".
How about that for naked "racism"? I think it's called "keeping the blood-line pure". Which, irony of ironies, is what a certain person in '30s Germany was advocating with Aryans.

I have no more or less feelings about Jews htan I do about Protestants, Catholics, Muslims, Hindus, etc. They're all tainted. None of them can claim to hold any moral high ground (except maybe Buddism, but that's not a religion (and certainly not a race)).
Would you say this was racist? on 12:23 - Nov 27 with 2011 viewsElward

Would you say this was racist? on 10:46 - Nov 27 by DafyddHuw

I can't believe most people on this thread think that Jews are a race. It's a relion. By your logic, Scientologists are a race. Are you serious?

And Lisa. Out of all you Jewish friends/acquaintances, how many are married outside the faith? I bet the answer is very very close to zero. Don't you find that incredibly offensive and "racist"?

"Yes, you can marry my daughter, but not before you convert to Judaism. Im not having my family narry outside the Jewish faith".
How about that for naked "racism"? I think it's called "keeping the blood-line pure". Which, irony of ironies, is what a certain person in '30s Germany was advocating with Aryans.

I have no more or less feelings about Jews htan I do about Protestants, Catholics, Muslims, Hindus, etc. They're all tainted. None of them can claim to hold any moral high ground (except maybe Buddism, but that's not a religion (and certainly not a race)).

Agreed. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus etc. Are religions, not a race. You could have African Jews, Swedish Jews even Eskimo Jews.
Would you say this was racist? on 12:31 - Nov 27 with 2003 viewsperchrockjack

Jewish people tend to have a sense of humour

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Would you say this was racist? on 13:04 - Nov 27 with 1987 viewswaynekerr55

Would you say this was racist? on 12:31 - Nov 27 by perchrockjack

Jewish people tend to have a sense of humour

Humour schmumour

Oy Vey!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Would you say this was racist? on 13:20 - Nov 27 with 1978 viewsLeonisGod

Would you say this was racist? on 12:23 - Nov 27 by Elward

Agreed. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus etc. Are religions, not a race. You could have African Jews, Swedish Jews even Eskimo Jews.

Dull fact of the day: there are more Jews living in America than in Israel (which explains a lot).

Agreed on the race question. Jews aren't considered as a separate race in any official classifications in this country. They're an ethnic group, borne out of religion. But I suppose you can have non- practicing Jews the same as you can non-practicing Christians.

Another useless fact: Aberystwyth hosts a major orthodox Jewish get together each year. I assume it's Wales' largest
Login to get fewer ads

Would you say this was racist? on 13:41 - Nov 27 with 1970 viewsajackslad

Would you say this was racist? on 13:20 - Nov 27 by LeonisGod

Dull fact of the day: there are more Jews living in America than in Israel (which explains a lot).

Agreed on the race question. Jews aren't considered as a separate race in any official classifications in this country. They're an ethnic group, borne out of religion. But I suppose you can have non- practicing Jews the same as you can non-practicing Christians.

Another useless fact: Aberystwyth hosts a major orthodox Jewish get together each year. I assume it's Wales' largest

The university in Aber stopped renting rooms to the Jews on their get-together because they insisted on lighting candles in the rooms. The uni said it was a safety issue, the Jews said they had to light candles as it was part of their religious rituals.

Northern Soul DJ on Seabreeze AM https://radioseabreeze.nl/

Would you say this was racist? on 15:05 - Nov 27 with 1939 viewsblueytheblue

Jewis are a race. Comparing them to Scientologists on that level is pretty silly.

Can't speak for Lisa but Jews, gasp, do marry non-Jews. I should know, my wife is Jewish. I'm not. Our children are Jewish due to Jewishness occuring down the female side.

But hey, comparing your ignorant view of Jews to '30s Germany is telling I guess.

The number of ulta-orthodox Jews who have the view you prescribe to all Jews would be a low number of the totality of Jews in Britain but why ignore that salient fact when you can generalise.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Would you say this was racist? on 15:15 - Nov 27 with 1923 viewslondonlisa2001

It's both a religion and a race.

It is perfectly possible to be Jewish by race but not by religion and vice versa.

And with regard to my Jewish friends / acquaintances - well to be honest, I originally trained as an accountant in a huge London practice, so know loads!

But I have two close friends who are Jewish - one female, is married to a non Jewish man and one male who is an orthodox Jew and is married to another man (who is non Jewish) although he was married to a Jewish woman many years ago before he changed his ways

Historically by the way, Jewish people have cared far more if they have sons who marry non Jewish girls than daughters who marry non Jewish boys - that is because Judaism passes down the mother's line, not the father's line.
Would you say this was racist? on 15:19 - Nov 27 with 1912 viewsdgt73

Would you say this was racist? on 15:15 - Nov 27 by londonlisa2001

It's both a religion and a race.

It is perfectly possible to be Jewish by race but not by religion and vice versa.

And with regard to my Jewish friends / acquaintances - well to be honest, I originally trained as an accountant in a huge London practice, so know loads!

But I have two close friends who are Jewish - one female, is married to a non Jewish man and one male who is an orthodox Jew and is married to another man (who is non Jewish) although he was married to a Jewish woman many years ago before he changed his ways

Historically by the way, Jewish people have cared far more if they have sons who marry non Jewish girls than daughters who marry non Jewish boys - that is because Judaism passes down the mother's line, not the father's line.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Would you say this was racist? on 15:19 - Nov 27 with 1912 viewslondonlisa2001

Would you say this was racist? on 15:05 - Nov 27 by blueytheblue

Jewis are a race. Comparing them to Scientologists on that level is pretty silly.

Can't speak for Lisa but Jews, gasp, do marry non-Jews. I should know, my wife is Jewish. I'm not. Our children are Jewish due to Jewishness occuring down the female side.

But hey, comparing your ignorant view of Jews to '30s Germany is telling I guess.

The number of ulta-orthodox Jews who have the view you prescribe to all Jews would be a low number of the totality of Jews in Britain but why ignore that salient fact when you can generalise.

sorry - didn't see this before I answered so a bit of repetition in my response.

Actually your point on only ultra orthodox Jews wanting people to convert - it should be noted of course that rather uniquely, Jews do not proselytise so 'making people convert' is not part of what they do.
Would you say this was racist? on 15:26 - Nov 27 with 1907 viewslondonlisa2001

Would you say this was racist? on 15:19 - Nov 27 by dgt73

stalking me again.

How sweet.
Would you say this was racist? on 15:28 - Nov 27 with 1902 viewsdgt73

Would you say this was racist? on 15:26 - Nov 27 by londonlisa2001

stalking me again.

How sweet.

Just waiting for you to start making things up......again.

Would you say this was racist? on 15:34 - Nov 27 with 1896 viewsperchrockjack

Lisa makes good point s here.

I agree with that.

For me, Jewish people still suffer intolerance and Israelis are ritually slaughtered on the high altar of hypocrisy ..

They sure aint sending out minions to wipe out people on an ad hoc basis.

Would you say this was racist? on 15:36 - Nov 27 with 1892 viewsdgt73

Would you say this was racist? on 15:34 - Nov 27 by perchrockjack

Lisa makes good point s here.

I agree with that.

For me, Jewish people still suffer intolerance and Israelis are ritually slaughtered on the high altar of hypocrisy ..

They sure aint sending out minions to wipe out people on an ad hoc basis.

They don't have too - the yanks do that for them.

Would you say this was racist? on 15:39 - Nov 27 with 1889 viewsperchrockjack

disagree dgt but I hope we live long enough to carry out debating

Would you say this was racist? on 15:51 - Nov 27 with 1873 viewsdgt73

Would you say this was racist? on 15:39 - Nov 27 by perchrockjack

disagree dgt but I hope we live long enough to carry out debating

What's to disagree about - are you saying the Americans don't ?

Would you say this was racist? on 15:53 - Nov 27 with 1870 viewsperchrockjack

I might be and if you re gonna to be nasty to me then I ll knob off right away

Would you say this was racist? on 15:54 - Nov 27 with 1869 viewsdgt73

Would you say this was racist? on 15:53 - Nov 27 by perchrockjack

I might be and if you re gonna to be nasty to me then I ll knob off right away

It's ok to admit you're wrong.

Would you say this was racist? on 15:55 - Nov 27 with 1869 viewsblueytheblue

Would you say this was racist? on 15:19 - Nov 27 by londonlisa2001

sorry - didn't see this before I answered so a bit of repetition in my response.

Actually your point on only ultra orthodox Jews wanting people to convert - it should be noted of course that rather uniquely, Jews do not proselytise so 'making people convert' is not part of what they do.

Indeed - in my desire to rant at the ignorance shown I also forgot to mention that converting is made incredibly difficult to discourage people from doing so lightly.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024