Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what has happened to the south Wales derby 08:33 - Nov 4 with 6599 viewsdgt73

I mean the atmosphere was terrible, without doubt the worst I have experienced. The atmosphere was better at our last away game at Southampton than yesterday. I was sat in the main grandstand and to be fair to the Swans fan's they were good, as for the rest of the stadium, PATHETIC. and this is not a cheap shot at cardiff they won yesterday and deservedly too in my eyes. R.I.P the South Wales derby. ...............

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 09:00 - Nov 4 with 4109 viewshammy

I think the home fans and team were crapping themselves in the first half; lots of hoofball to nowhere going on. They gained a lot of confidence at not conceding in the first half and came out fighting, then when the goal went in the home fans suddenly came alive, thinking they could win.

The Swans fans were bouncing from the time they entered the stadium and kept things going until the goal went in.

I think it will be a little different in the reverse fixture in February.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 09:04 - Nov 4 with 4095 viewsJackFish

Other than the Chopra last minute winner game their fans have been generally crap in every recent derby. They were particularly quiet yesterday mind, while our fans were very good IMO until the team started stinking the place up.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 09:08 - Nov 4 with 4078 viewsBrynmill_Jack

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 09:00 - Nov 4 by hammy

I think the home fans and team were crapping themselves in the first half; lots of hoofball to nowhere going on. They gained a lot of confidence at not conceding in the first half and came out fighting, then when the goal went in the home fans suddenly came alive, thinking they could win.

The Swans fans were bouncing from the time they entered the stadium and kept things going until the goal went in.

I think it will be a little different in the reverse fixture in February.

They definitely were sh*tting themselves , that was palpable. They only came to life after their goal and fair play kept it up until it was time to leave.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 09:57 - Nov 4 with 3976 viewsDarran

I agree to an extent with the OP that the atmosphere was terrible but our fans aren't that much better.
I'm not the type of person to tell people what they should be doing but I can never understand why some people go to football matches because it's clearly not for the football.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:02 - Nov 4 with 3948 viewsdgt73

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 09:57 - Nov 4 by Darran

I agree to an extent with the OP that the atmosphere was terrible but our fans aren't that much better.
I'm not the type of person to tell people what they should be doing but I can never understand why some people go to football matches because it's clearly not for the football.

Believe it or not, but people go to football matches for many reasons, and not just because they like watching a football match.

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:05 - Nov 4 with 3929 viewsDarran

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:02 - Nov 4 by dgt73

Believe it or not, but people go to football matches for many reasons, and not just because they like watching a football match.

Yep and that's f*cking weird.

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:09 - Nov 4 with 3917 viewsScoobyDoo

Whatever you think of the South Wales derby there was some positive news yesterday from the South Wale Police where there were no arrests yesterday and that has to be a good move.

The atmosphere was a bit slow to get going in the second half, in fact i thought it rose just before we scored.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:12 - Nov 4 with 3900 viewswr72

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:09 - Nov 4 by ScoobyDoo

Whatever you think of the South Wales derby there was some positive news yesterday from the South Wale Police where there were no arrests yesterday and that has to be a good move.

The atmosphere was a bit slow to get going in the second half, in fact i thought it rose just before we scored.

You won that's why.
Login to get fewer ads

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:14 - Nov 4 with 3894 viewsnumbers123

I agree i thought cardiff fans offered nothing untill they scored. Not seen any live games of thiers since they have been at legoland so not sure if it was nerves or if they are always that quiet. That said When they did score they made hell of a noise with all the ground singing which is something we dont get at the liberty.

Our fans were buzzing and didnt shut up untill the second half. Kept going untill they scored and realised we couldnt get back into it.

People expecting crowd trouble on tv and the media would have been dissapointed as it is imposible to happen with all those coppers about.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:56 - Nov 4 with 3767 viewsScoobyDoo

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:12 - Nov 4 by wr72

You won that's why.

Oh yeah well i cant remember there being any trouble the last time you played there? If i remember correctly you won that one.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 11:01 - Nov 4 with 3753 viewsjacksinceever

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:09 - Nov 4 by ScoobyDoo

No arrests seemed to equate to no atmosphere.
Sad but true
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 11:05 - Nov 4 with 3734 viewsbuilthjack

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:14 - Nov 4 by numbers123

I agree i thought cardiff fans offered nothing untill they scored. Not seen any live games of thiers since they have been at legoland so not sure if it was nerves or if they are always that quiet. That said When they did score they made hell of a noise with all the ground singing which is something we dont get at the liberty.

Our fans were buzzing and didnt shut up untill the second half. Kept going untill they scored and realised we couldnt get back into it.

People expecting crowd trouble on tv and the media would have been dissapointed as it is imposible to happen with all those coppers about.

Have got to say that apart from the east , the atmosphere at the liberty has been subdued for a long time. Besides hymns and arias nobody joins in. And so many leave early it's ridiculous. Just my opinion, am sure that the team need more passionate support. Away games are different.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 12:34 - Nov 4 with 3550 viewsnumbers123

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 11:05 - Nov 4 by builthjack

Have got to say that apart from the east , the atmosphere at the liberty has been subdued for a long time. Besides hymns and arias nobody joins in. And so many leave early it's ridiculous. Just my opinion, am sure that the team need more passionate support. Away games are different.

yea i agree we in the east get no help from the rest of the ground. When they were winning (and only when they were winning mind) the whole stadium was singing which wouldnt happen down the liberty.

But we have a section that always sings but cardiff dont seem to have that, they were terrible until they scored.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 12:48 - Nov 4 with 3502 viewsC_jack

Novelty is over really, that first derby in the LC after 10 years was bonkers because there was a lot of built up tension. Many fans have been to a game in the last few years and we know we'll play them again in a few months.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 12:52 - Nov 4 with 3482 viewspencoedjack

I was expecting a cauldron of noise (from them) and a full blooded performance from us .

I was disappointed with both.

Footnote why do family club of the year sing so much about pedophilia, with the exception of 1 nil to the capital the only song I could hear from the Basseys.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 13:10 - Nov 4 with 3414 viewsAriseSirScott

Love these threads. So predictable when a side loses. The home fans were shite, our fans were great.

About as predictable as me turning up here today really. :-)
[Post edited 4 Nov 2013 13:10]
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 13:24 - Nov 4 with 3358 viewsChief

The home support was totally humiliated by the away support all 1st half, that was clear to anyone. We were noisy, witty and passionate, while they were content to occasionally interrupt their sitting down to make horse gestures - sick fukerss

After they scored, the they started to make a noise and the goal knocked us for 6 for a bit, but by the end were back on full voice

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 13:48 - Nov 4 with 3303 viewsKrisP

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 10:05 - Nov 4 by Darran

Yep and that's f*cking weird.

If it was ONLY about watching a game, why wouldn't everyone just watch on TV? Supporting the team, good atmosphere etc must play a big part in people wanting to go to away games. So not at all weird.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 14:02 - Nov 4 with 3266 viewsDarran

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 13:48 - Nov 4 by KrisP

If it was ONLY about watching a game, why wouldn't everyone just watch on TV? Supporting the team, good atmosphere etc must play a big part in people wanting to go to away games. So not at all weird.

Yeah it is it's very weird,standing with your back to the game for 90 minutes to abuse opposition fans or spending most of the game on the concourse to drink beer is beyond weird it's f*cking hideous,f*cking stay home and let someone that wants to watch us have the ticket.
F*cking morons.

And as for 40+ year old hooligans with scarfs over their faces what f*cking mess that is.

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 15:39 - Nov 4 with 3142 viewsmonmouth

Quite a few around me come to the liberty to play on their phones for 90 mins. Baffling.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 15:58 - Nov 4 with 3091 viewspierre91

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 14:02 - Nov 4 by Darran

Yeah it is it's very weird,standing with your back to the game for 90 minutes to abuse opposition fans or spending most of the game on the concourse to drink beer is beyond weird it's f*cking hideous,f*cking stay home and let someone that wants to watch us have the ticket.
F*cking morons.

And as for 40+ year old hooligans with scarfs over their faces what f*cking mess that is.

...agree totally D, watching a pot-bellied Cardiff "rascal" of 40 odd years of age with no shirt on vent spleen at an equally bizarre "Swan" with a scarf round his face reminded me of the last time I went to the Zoo (Bristol in 1962 since you ask) when an eminently sensible Elephant broke off a branch and chucked it at the kids abusing him. They promptly burst into tears. Laughed like a drain.
what has happened to the south Wales derby on 16:14 - Nov 4 with 3066 viewsdgt73

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 14:02 - Nov 4 by Darran

F*cking morons.

You obviously haven't been abroad then to watch football, some foreign teams have fans who's sole role is to encourage the support to join in with the singing and chanting and actually watch hardly any of the game. The only thing that pi*ses me off with the swans support is people who want a good atmosphere at games but will not join in themselves, are you one of these. ?

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 16:15 - Nov 4 with 3063 viewsDarran

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 16:14 - Nov 4 by dgt73

You obviously haven't been abroad then to watch football, some foreign teams have fans who's sole role is to encourage the support to join in with the singing and chanting and actually watch hardly any of the game. The only thing that pi*ses me off with the swans support is people who want a good atmosphere at games but will not join in themselves, are you one of these. ?

What a f*cking moron you really are.

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 16:16 - Nov 4 with 3060 viewspierre91

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 16:14 - Nov 4 by dgt73

No.
what has happened to the south Wales derby (n/t) on 16:16 - Nov 4 with 3056 viewsdgt73

what has happened to the south Wales derby on 16:15 - Nov 4 by Darran

What a f*cking moron you really are.

That's not very nice is it ffs
[Post edited 4 Nov 2013 16:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024