Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Mcdonald 14:22 - Jun 23 with 15008 viewsbaz_qpr

According to a tweet on the official Glentoran twitter account he has died this morning. Dreadful news if true, trying to find further confirmation
Alan Mcdonald on 23:17 - Jun 23 with 1397 viewsHoopstar

R.I.P to an all time hero of mine. As many have said he epitomised the QPR I fell in love with.

We have a classic bit of film in my family where we'd recorded my younger brother's local youth cup final in which he'd been voted man of the match playing centre back. The camera goes into a close up on him and congratulates him on his success and his 12 year old self says to the camera "Just call me Alan f*king Mcdonald."

A man that will be sorely missed, a legend that will continue to be discussed for many a long year.
Alan Mcdonald on 23:24 - Jun 23 with 1378 viewsessextaxiboy

RIP Macca ..... One of us .
Alan Mcdonald on 23:25 - Jun 23 with 1376 viewsTW_R

It's on there now.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2820292,00.html

This really is incredibly sad news. Macca was and will always be a legend at Loftus Rd.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this dreadful time.

RIP Alan
Alan Mcdonald on 23:29 - Jun 23 with 1358 viewsessextaxiboy

Its on there now .
TF has tweeted his condolences although he never knew Macca .
Alan Mcdonald on 23:45 - Jun 23 with 1302 viewsNorthernr

An absolute bloody hero, and 48 is no kind of age. Absolutely gutting. He epitomised what QPR was about in the 1980s and 1990s - little club punching above its weight giving the big boys a bloody nose. In amongst those great QPR teams was always McDonald literally giving people a bloody nose. Hard as nails, and a great player.
Alan Mcdonald on 23:51 - Jun 23 with 1279 viewsstowmarketrange

Really sad to hear the news about Macca.As others have so rightly said,What a QPR legend.
I feel for his family the most though because to lose someone so young must be terrible for them.RIP.
Alan Mcdonald on 23:57 - Jun 23 with 1269 viewsfinney

I got the phone call from Steve Russell and it took a while to sink in and to be honest i am still not thinking this is real but it is.
The man is and always will be a legend and so loved by us all.
He never let his club or country down proud to have seen him wear them shirts blessed is the word i would use.
RIP Alan gone to soon we will never forget you.
Alan Mcdonald on 00:04 - Jun 24 with 1259 viewsstowmarketrange

Alan Mcdonald on 23:57 - Jun 23 by finney

I got the phone call from Steve Russell and it took a while to sink in and to be honest i am still not thinking this is real but it is.
The man is and always will be a legend and so loved by us all.
He never let his club or country down proud to have seen him wear them shirts blessed is the word i would use.
RIP Alan gone to soon we will never forget you.

I guess the funeral will be in Belfast.Is it worth trying to organise some QPR fans travel?
I think a lot of us would like to pay our respects properly.Obviously we have to respect the families wishes,but it would be nice if something could be arranged.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Mcdonald on 00:16 - Jun 24 with 1237 viewsPeterHucker

Alan Mcdonald on 00:04 - Jun 24 by stowmarketrange

I guess the funeral will be in Belfast.Is it worth trying to organise some QPR fans travel?
I think a lot of us would like to pay our respects properly.Obviously we have to respect the families wishes,but it would be nice if something could be arranged.

if nothing else it would be good to club together and send flowers from the fans on this site.
Alan Mcdonald on 00:16 - Jun 24 with 1237 viewsfinney

Alan Mcdonald on 00:04 - Jun 24 by stowmarketrange

Back home the funerals are done very fast there may not be the time to do that.
I think the club can make the swansea game a day for Alan and his family and we can pay our respects as form all sides of the ground.

The club could also do tee shirts of his picture name and number for us all to wear.
Alan Mcdonald on 00:36 - Jun 24 with 1215 viewsballbag

Been away from the internet all day and have just come back to this awful news. Gutted.

RIP Macca. A proper QPR legend.
Alan Mcdonald on 00:40 - Jun 24 with 1210 viewswestolian

RIP Macca

MH always said he was his toughest opponent !!

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Alan Mcdonald on 01:23 - Jun 24 with 1180 viewssilky

I can't say anymore than what's already been said but I grew up watching that early 90's team play and Alan was a magnificent player.

I hope the board do something as a mark of respect, I'm sure all us fans talking about it will be enough for the club to do something in honour of him.

Rest in peace.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Alan Mcdonald on 06:13 - Jun 24 with 1130 viewsade_qpr

RIP to some one who gave so much enjoyment to so many.

A pillar of pride to this club.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Alan Mcdonald on 07:55 - Jun 24 with 1106 viewsflynnbo

Couldn't believe it when I heard the sad news and still can't, to be honest. Chatted to him when he and Waddock were in charge of team affairs at the end of season sponsors' "do", and came across as a genuinely nice guy although he did have to nip out for a fag during one conversation!. I'll be amazed if we see such loyalty in the future. F@ck John Terry, this man was a true capatin, leader and legend. Thoughts are with his family. RIP Macca.
Alan Mcdonald on 08:34 - Jun 24 with 1075 viewsCharlie1

48?! Forty frigging eight....

My first hero and a true legend.

Gobsmacked. Thoughts with family & friends.

RIP Macca.

2:59 baby!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024