Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Mcdonald 14:22 - Jun 23 with 15009 viewsbaz_qpr

According to a tweet on the official Glentoran twitter account he has died this morning. Dreadful news if true, trying to find further confirmation
Alan Mcdonald on 18:19 - Jun 23 with 2031 viewsAntti_Heinola

Incredibly sad news. Macca was one of my all-time favourite players. Hard as a a bunch of nails in a plate-mail bag, scorer of rare but important goals, a complete centre half who we struggled for years to replace in any adequate fashion and by all accounts a fantastic team-mate as well. So unfair to pass away at such a young age. As someone said, 'Legend' gets thrown about so much it barely means anything anymore, but Macca very definitely IS a QPR legend. 400-odd appearances holding together a defence for, well over a decade and being at the club for 17 altogether.
Brilliant player, great man.

Bare bones.

Alan Mcdonald on 18:24 - Jun 23 with 2018 viewsaves

Tragic news.

May the undying spirit of Alan McDonald long remain at QPR.

R.I.P Macca.
Alan Mcdonald on 18:25 - Jun 23 with 2011 viewsJuzzie

Absolutely gutted

One of my favourite players. No nonsense, got on with it. His duels with Mark Hughes were awesome.

Players today should emulate his attitude and application.

RIP big man.
Alan Mcdonald on 18:35 - Jun 23 with 1970 viewswittle

macca was mr qpr ,mr reliable 100%,they dont make them like him anymore remember being at his testimonial against the scum rip big man proper rangers legend.
Alan Mcdonald on 18:43 - Jun 23 with 1941 viewsted_hendrix

Many Years ago we drove up to Huddersfield one cold March night for an FA cup replay, both us and Huddersfield were as usual shit, the score was 1-1 in the last minutes of the game and we get a corner, the ground fell almost silent as the ball came over apart from a loud "get out the fcking way" and there was big Macca to slam the ball into the Huddersfield net with his head and win us the game, for a split second he stood there, grinned-clenched his fist at us travelling fans and sent us all home happy.

I've got a 1000 memory's of the bloke, I could go on, I'm just thinking about the bloke, just reminiscing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Alan Mcdonald on 18:45 - Jun 23 with 1931 viewsYorkRanger

Sad sad news. A true QPR legend.
Alan Mcdonald on 18:49 - Jun 23 with 1918 viewsRs_Holy

Unbelievable.... RIP big man.... you gave Rangers fans so much pleasure.

A leader on and off the pitch.... Today we have lost a true legend.... Very, very sad tonight.
Alan Mcdonald on 18:49 - Jun 23 with 1918 viewsactonman

R I P. LEGEND.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Mcdonald on 18:51 - Jun 23 with 1911 viewsTheBlob

For God's sake what kind of age is 48?
Totally numb with shock at the news.

R.I.P Big Feller.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Alan Mcdonald on 19:03 - Jun 23 with 1873 viewsCHUBBS

One of QPRs true legends has passed at no sort of age.Where do you start,absolutely gutted.Was an absolute idol growing up following our great club.
RIP big man aleays remembered.
Alan Mcdonald on 19:15 - Jun 23 with 1838 views00calben

A desperately sad day. Has all been said above.

Thank you Alan McDonald, RIP
Alan Mcdonald on 19:17 - Jun 23 with 1828 viewsfrancisbowles

I didn't realise how good you were until you had moved on.

Thank you 'Big Man'

May you Rest In Peace
Alan Mcdonald on 19:26 - Jun 23 with 1796 viewspeejaybee

Not ONE of the best, but THE best.
The original BIG MAC.
R I P.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Alan Mcdonald on 19:35 - Jun 23 with 1767 viewsHollowayRanger

i think its fair to say 99.9% of us fans who saw him play would have him in their all time QPR team its always been a question of macca and......

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Alan Mcdonald on 19:49 - Jun 23 with 1737 viewsonlyrinmoray

Just went on teletext to read the Gossip page and there was the headline Great player 17 years at Rangers not many like that anymore As so many have said 48 far too young. If that plane needs a name it has one now

RIP
Alan Mcdonald on 19:49 - Jun 23 with 1725 viewsWeAreQPR12

Just about 2 watch the euro's but wanted 2 say RIP big macca. I was just a lad when he played 4 us but he made me want 2 become a centre half that I became. Best captain I can remember us having, sorry gerry francis but what a superb leader and tough character. A great man that will be sadly missed and all the best 2 his family
Alan Mcdonald on 20:04 - Jun 23 with 1703 viewsnadera78

Alan Mcdonald on 19:49 - Jun 23 by WeAreQPR12

Just about 2 watch the euro's but wanted 2 say RIP big macca. I was just a lad when he played 4 us but he made me want 2 become a centre half that I became. Best captain I can remember us having, sorry gerry francis but what a superb leader and tough character. A great man that will be sadly missed and all the best 2 his family

Not ashamed to admit I had a big old cry when I heard this. Like so many have said, where do you start with a man like this?

He was a hero to me when I was a kid, an absolute bloody hero. Didn't mater who we were playing, what the situation was, or what team we had out, if Macca was on the field I knew everything would be okay. He was that kind of player. He never let the club down, never let himself or his teammates down, and always gave absolutely everything he had.

Big Man? No, he was more than that. He was a giant bestriding Loftus Road in that famous Blue and White jersey.

RIP
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Alan Mcdonald on 20:38 - Jun 23 with 1649 viewsBathRanger

Echo a lot of the comments on here - absolutely shocked with this news. A QPR legend. It woud be a fitting gesture by the club if something is done to commemerate him. Not many players these days are such great servants for one club.

RIP
Alan Mcdonald on 20:48 - Jun 23 with 1618 viewsRblock_James

I'm gutted.

Loved him as a kid!

Rangers legend.

RIP

Alan Mcdonald on 20:57 - Jun 23 with 1600 viewsKiwi76

Shocking news to wake up to.
Favorite of mine as was able to see a few seasons of his team when living over there.
Epitomized all the attributes you want as a fan.
Very sad.
RIP
Alan Mcdonald on 21:38 - Jun 23 with 1558 viewsTrom

Truly gutted - legend RIP
Alan Mcdonald on 21:42 - Jun 23 with 1550 viewstribalr

Shame I never saw him play.

17 years 400+ games. Legend status.

RIP
Alan Mcdonald on 22:00 - Jun 23 with 1514 viewsantoknee64

Gutted,he was my hero and the same age.
Cant beleive he had a heart attack as he had the biggest heart ever,so sad.
RIP Macca
Alan Mcdonald on 22:40 - Jun 23 with 1465 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just hope the club does the right thing at the start of the season:
2 minutes silence.
names a plane after him
and a stand.

One of the real R's legends - and there aren't too many.

Loved QPR as any supporter would do.

By comparison, Paladini, Tony Blair, John Terry and others will live to be 134,64,678,484,885,885,903,974,397 years old, cos that's what Koonts do.

Instead of the Jurassic period, we will have the Turwattic period.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Alan Mcdonald on 23:11 - Jun 23 with 1453 viewsqprmick

Sad loss and so young. RIP Macca.

Qprmick

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024