Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman fails to agree terms 17:26 - Jan 19 with 12493 views2bluehoops

Sky sports
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:07 - Jan 19 with 1891 views442Dale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 17:35 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

He'd better have been asking for an astronomical amount in wages/bonuses, or the board will have made a major blunder here.

If any of it is true, of course.

Or it's all part of the game. Who knows, maybe it'll lead to a better offer now the story's public.

These stories are getting out somehow, and there will be a reason for it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:09 - Jan 19 with 1867 viewsD_Alien

I don't see this as being the end of the line with Coleman at all. He's hardly likely to just say, OK I'll come on the terms you're offering me & my assistant, is he? Not that type of character - and I wouldn't want a Dale manager to be a pushover!

Since the whole thing is now out in the open (and what a farce the denials were!) I fully expect the board to be back to him with something closer to what he's looking for, which I suspect is security of tenure

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:11 - Jan 19 with 1851 viewselectricblue

Coleman fails to agree terms on 17:42 - Jan 19 by SuddenLad

I'm guessing, but probably our Board wanted him to have Beech as his assistant, but he wouldn't agree.

It won't be salary, or length of contract. It will be the 'conditions attached' details.

I would assume that Beech would go back to his original role with the youth.
CD should have known that whoever comes in would want his own man to come.allong to, its nieve to think otherwise..

Come on Dunphy if Coleman is yer man go get him..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:13 - Jan 19 with 1834 viewsD_Alien

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:11 - Jan 19 by electricblue

CD should have known that whoever comes in would want his own man to come.allong to, its nieve to think otherwise..

Just as it's naive for people to assume CD hasn't thought the whole thing through again...

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:15 - Jan 19 with 1824 viewsColDale

we had it years ago before Buckley was appointed, when Brian Little announced he was in talks to become Dale boss no doubt as a way of putting pressure on the club to match his demands.
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:15 - Jan 19 with 1816 views442Dale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:11 - Jan 19 by electricblue

The problem is that Beech has been talking as though he intends this to be his job long term. It may be hard for him to return to coaching the youth team.

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:17 - Jan 19 with 1801 views1907

How could this situation have been handled any worse? Every thing to do with the club at present is a joke. Nobody has a clue what is going on, the clubs interaction with the fans is at an all time low. Its not that bloody difficult to make a statement telling us what the hell is going on now is it? Why do we have to find out EVERYTHING off sky sports understands? For Christ's sake man I really am at an all time low currently with this club.
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 1789 viewssandylaner1

i think we'll still get him after another round of negotiations

if the club was anyone other then accy i'd be less confident

come on dale
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:19 - Jan 19 with 1784 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Accrington Stanley's pension plan must be really good no offence to our alder posters

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:19 - Jan 19 with 1780 viewsD_Alien

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:17 - Jan 19 by 1907

How could this situation have been handled any worse? Every thing to do with the club at present is a joke. Nobody has a clue what is going on, the clubs interaction with the fans is at an all time low. Its not that bloody difficult to make a statement telling us what the hell is going on now is it? Why do we have to find out EVERYTHING off sky sports understands? For Christ's sake man I really am at an all time low currently with this club.

Don't be silly

When negotiations are ongoing, the last thing the club will want is for them to be conducted in public, and the last thing the Dale needs is for its fans to start flouncing!

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:24 - Jan 19 with 1736 viewsColDale

Coleman has just done an interview with radio lancs that was recorded earlier today. it was very non committal and had that been our manager, I wouldn't have been filled with confidence that he was staying. Dont get me wrong, not saying that he all but announced he was leaving, but there was certainly no "I'm staying at Accy and that's that"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:26 - Jan 19 with 1717 viewssandylaner1

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:24 - Jan 19 by ColDale

Coleman has just done an interview with radio lancs that was recorded earlier today. it was very non committal and had that been our manager, I wouldn't have been filled with confidence that he was staying. Dont get me wrong, not saying that he all but announced he was leaving, but there was certainly no "I'm staying at Accy and that's that"

excellent

after all they are called 'negotiations'

these things take time...
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 1704 viewsClivert

When Coleman's name was touted during the summer I was totally against him being appointed but I'm actually disappointed that we seem to have missed out on him now as he's the ideal candidate with regards to current situation and problems.

I hope CD goes back with a better offer.

As for Beech I'm afraid last Saturday saw him out of the running in my opinion as the performance was worse than anything else we've seen this season and this coming when Beech was still auditioning for the manager's job.

As for Mike Newell, I wouldn't actually mind him.
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:28 - Jan 19 with 1691 viewselectricblue

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:19 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Don't be silly

When negotiations are ongoing, the last thing the club will want is for them to be conducted in public, and the last thing the Dale needs is for its fans to start flouncing!

After calming down..
I fully expect coleman to be officially installed monday morning...
He will sign tomoz watch the team on saturday usual practice..

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:30 - Jan 19 with 1676 viewspedrodale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:19 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Don't be silly

Excactly
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 1629 viewsseasidedale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 17:50 - Jan 19 by Scunnydale

Fair point. But please god not Mike Newell.

Anyone but him. Anyone at all.

Carlton Palmer?
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:36 - Jan 19 with 1595 viewsolympicdale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:26 - Jan 19 by sandylaner1

excellent

after all they are called 'negotiations'

these things take time...

I sincerely hope we go back to him with another offer,if he wanted too long a contract we need to comprimise with maybe an 18th month deal.

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:39 - Jan 19 with 1573 viewsColDale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:36 - Jan 19 by olympicdale

I sincerely hope we go back to him with another offer,if he wanted too long a contract we need to comprimise with maybe an 18th month deal.

Coleman has 3 and a half years left on his deal at Accy. Obv we'll be offering more money but he's quite entitled to be asking (I assume) for us to match that.
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 1552 viewsD_Alien

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:36 - Jan 19 by olympicdale

What is he on at Accy? Five years, or even longer?

I suspect we've offered either two and a half, or perhaps three and a half years

He'll be looking for more

If we can stretch to four and a half years (with clauses) we'll get our man

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 1551 views442Dale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:27 - Jan 19 by Clivert

When Coleman's name was touted during the summer I was totally against him being appointed but I'm actually disappointed that we seem to have missed out on him now as he's the ideal candidate with regards to current situation and problems.

I hope CD goes back with a better offer.

As for Beech I'm afraid last Saturday saw him out of the running in my opinion as the performance was worse than anything else we've seen this season and this coming when Beech was still auditioning for the manager's job.

As for Mike Newell, I wouldn't actually mind him.

Newell had a bit of a reputation off the field at Hartlepool.

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 1554 viewsScunnydale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:39 - Jan 19 by ColDale

Coleman has 3 and a half years left on his deal at Accy. Obv we'll be offering more money but he's quite entitled to be asking (I assume) for us to match that.

How long a contract did we give Eyre? Was that three years?

If so, I'd feel fine with offering Coleman three years too.
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 1546 viewselectricblue

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:33 - Jan 19 by seasidedale

Carlton Palmer?

If that becomes true then im giving up supporting dale and retire from attending football matches full stop..

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:43 - Jan 19 with 1528 viewsDaleFan7

He probably we would be lower than Accrington next year with similar gates. Hardly worth leaving a job where you are loved for.
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:46 - Jan 19 with 1507 viewsLondondale

Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:43 - Jan 19 by DaleFan7

He probably we would be lower than Accrington next year with similar gates. Hardly worth leaving a job where you are loved for.

I think he probably sees that we have a better stadium, larger potential fanbase and, in reality, generally better potential than Accy (no disrespect intended - it's hardly like we have many clubs that can be labelled as being 'smaller' than ours).
Coleman fails to agree terms on 18:52 - Jan 19 with 1476 viewsrafc1984

Good news weve had talks, now its about negotiations. One thing is for sure, he is the man and CD is going to get him.
Offer him 3yrs because even if we went down, we would be competing at the right end of the table next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024