Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Michael Caine Moment 01:13 - Sep 4 with 9787 viewsBoston

The earth used in the banking terraces at Craven Cottage came from the excavation of Shepherds Bush Station.

Not a lot of people know that.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Another Michael Caine Moment on 15:47 - Sep 5 with 1546 viewsBoston

I'll remember that as I ciao it down.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 1546 viewsW4Hoop

Another Michael Caine Moment on 15:24 - Sep 4 by DWQPR

The word cûnt derives from the celery pickers of West Brompton in the early 19th century.

[Post edited 5 Sep 15:54]
Another Michael Caine Moment (n/t) on 15:55 - Sep 5 with 1499 viewsDannyPaddox

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:49 - Sep 5 by W4Hoop

[Post edited 5 Sep 15:54]

Truly a c*nty spackman.
Another Michael Caine Moment on 15:56 - Sep 5 with 1494 viewsPaddyhoops

Michael Caine is by far madness’s best song . Michael agreed to do the voice over as his daughter was a big fan .
Thinking back maybe “ Sweetest girl “ was their best tune.
Another Michael Caine Moment on 16:41 - Sep 5 with 1422 viewsDannyPaddox

Another Michael Caine Moment on 15:56 - Sep 5 by Paddyhoops

Michael Caine is by far madness’s best song . Michael agreed to do the voice over as his daughter was a big fan .

Paddy - I’m a big fan of the Michael Caine tune but for all these years didn’t realise it was Caine’s real voice - thought someone in the band had mimicked it. So that’s a proper Michael Caine Micheal Caine.

Have to say tho I love Madness their version of ‘Sweetest Girl’ is for me musical murder. Especially as the original Scritti number is one of my favourite tunes. And something I only discovered a few years ago - Robert Wyatt is on piano.

Best version the dubbier one given away free on an NME mix tape.
Another Michael Caine Moment on 17:50 - Sep 5 with 1303 viewsGaryT

Another Michael Caine Moment on 17:57 - Sep 4 by Juzzie

In terms of years, we are closer to the Tyrannosaurus Rex than the T-Rex was to a Stegosaurus.

(makes the mind boggle to think how long dinosaurs roamed this planet).

There have been five mass extinction events in the last 541 million years and the largest (sorry dinosaurs, it's not all about you) happened around 250 million years ago when 90% of all life on Earth was wiped out.

This 'Great Dying' cleared the way for the evolution of the dinosaurs...now it's about you.
Another Michael Caine Moment on 19:35 - Sep 5 with 1191 viewsPaddyhoops

Another Michael Caine Moment on 16:41 - Sep 5 by DannyPaddox

Paddy - I’m a big fan of the Michael Caine tune but for all these years didn’t realise it was Caine’s real voice - thought someone in the band had mimicked it. So that’s a proper Michael Caine Micheal Caine.

Have to say tho I love Madness their version of ‘Sweetest Girl’ is for me musical murder. Especially as the original Scritti number is one of my favourite tunes. And something I only discovered a few years ago - Robert Wyatt is on piano.

Have to say I’m a fan of both Danny . Karen Wheeler of Soul to soul was a backing singer on the madness cover .
Another Michael Caine Moment on 23:02 - Sep 5 with 1013 viewsPeterHucker

Another Michael Caine Moment on 15:56 - Sep 5 by Paddyhoops

as great as it is, I'm not sure I agree that Michael Caine is Madness' best song.
I would agree that the album it comes from (Keep Moving) is their best album though.
Login to get fewer ads

Another Michael Caine Moment on 23:08 - Sep 5 with 995 viewsBoston

Another Michael Caine Moment on 16:41 - Sep 5 by DannyPaddox

ooh look, Esox is on the cover.

Another Michael Caine Moment on 23:13 - Sep 5 with 987 viewslightwaterhoop

Another Michael Caine Moment on 15:02 - Sep 4 by 222gers

3 saddest words in the English language - It's Too Late.

Carole King knew that.
Another Michael Caine Moment on 08:20 - Sep 6 with 838 viewsA40Bosh

Another Michael Caine Moment on 10:49 - Sep 4 by Mick_S

Northala fields in Northolt is built on the smashed up old Wembley Stadium. Lots of people in Northolt know that.

And the stone that built the first Wembley stadium was quarried from what is now the Rickmansworth Aquadrome and brought to Wembley on the Grand Union Canal.

Not a lot of people know that!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Another Michael Caine Moment on 20:01 - Sep 7 with 599 viewsizlingtonhoop

Another Michael Caine Moment on 23:02 - Sep 5 by PeterHucker

as great as it is, I'm not sure I agree that Michael Caine is Madness' best song.
I would agree that the album it comes from (Keep Moving) is their best album though.

Great Album. Which also harbours, apart from the excellent michael Caine, their best soft song - one better day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024