Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dev Squad 15:48 - Sep 2 with 7851 viewsderbyhoop

Away to Hull tomorrow 2pm.
Is it worth giving Kolli and/or Bennie a run out? The Downside would mean leaving out 1 or 2 of Talla, Morgan, Murphy, Sutton, Acharacle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneÒ€ℒs lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev Squad on 10:30 - Sep 3 with 5358 viewsaston_hoop

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a 'first team' behind closed doors fixture sometime this week or the weekend, I think MC has done this before in the breaks. Just to get some more playing time together, would imagine both would feature (assuming Bennie isn't off playing for the Aussie kids against the likes of Kiribati and Micronesia or whoever and Kolli isn't with the Algerian youth teams).

Hope there is a stream today, Hull have come good with that before.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dev Squad on 12:04 - Sep 3 with 5191 viewsaston_hoop

Yeah Kolli is in Algeria

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/september/03/international-rs/

Dev Squad on 12:17 - Sep 3 with 5138 viewscpgerber

If rumours are true that Kolli is refusing to sign a new contract and wants to move on (or feature in the 1st team), I think his appearances at any level will be very limited from now on.

That was what was speculated on another thread.

What is protocol in such a case? Surely if and employee is not meeting expectations in his job, he can be reprimanded and eventually fired? As always the wonderful world of football probably has different rules, but I would think that if a player refuses to train or play, a club can refuse to pay or eventually fire him?
Dev Squad on 12:38 - Sep 3 with 5029 viewsdmm

Dev Squad on 10:30 - Sep 3 by aston_hoop

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a 'first team' behind closed doors fixture sometime this week or the weekend, I think MC has done this before in the breaks. Just to get some more playing time together, would imagine both would feature (assuming Bennie isn't off playing for the Aussie kids against the likes of Kiribati and Micronesia or whoever and Kolli isn't with the Algerian youth teams).

Hope there is a stream today, Hull have come good with that before.

I'd like to watch the game too but have yet to see a Hull stream posted. Do let us know if you find one.
Dev Squad on 12:58 - Sep 3 with 4950 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dev Squad on 12:17 - Sep 3 by cpgerber

If rumours are true that Kolli is refusing to sign a new contract and wants to move on (or feature in the 1st team), I think his appearances at any level will be very limited from now on.

What is protocol in such a case? Surely if and employee is not meeting expectations in his job, he can be reprimanded and eventually fired? As always the wonderful world of football probably has different rules, but I would think that if a player refuses to train or play, a club can refuse to pay or eventually fire him?

From what I've seen on the Twittersphere and the rumours, Kolli is not going to play for the first team again. Nourry has made him unavailable for selection for the first team due to the contract situations, etc.

Who knows what to believe..
Dev Squad on 12:59 - Sep 3 with 4950 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dev Squad on 12:17 - Sep 3 by cpgerber

I don't think he is doing any other refusing beyond his contract and that could be as a result of the clubs offer being below what he feels he should be getting. As ever, it might just be a story dreamt up and has caught the wind. I spoke to him before the first home game and he seemed to be full of ambition to become a 1st team regular. Maybe he lied, but on the couple of occasions I have chatted to him he doesn't come across as one of those who are completely full of themselves.

The grass is always greener.

Dev Squad on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 4819 viewsaston_hoop

Dev Squad on 12:38 - Sep 3 by dmm

I'd like to watch the game too but have yet to see a Hull stream posted. Do let us know if you find one.

Team news but still no stream unfortunately. Wonder if the trialist was the mystery keeper we saw in the training pics

Dev Squad on 13:38 - Sep 3 with 4787 viewsconnell10

Dev Squad on 12:58 - Sep 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

From what I've seen on the Twittersphere and the rumours, Kolli is not going to play for the first team again. Nourry has made him unavailable for selection for the first team due to the contract situations, etc.

Blimey what is with Rangers and contracts?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Dev Squad on 17:20 - Sep 3 with 4256 viewsderbyhoop

Lost 3-1.
Ridwan Hussein red carded for decking a Hull player.
Strachan with a late consolation.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneÒ€ℒs lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev Squad on 17:56 - Sep 3 with 4147 viewsJuzzie

Dev Squad on 13:38 - Sep 3 by connell10

or.... what is it with players and impossible demands?
Dev Squad on 18:15 - Sep 3 with 4086 viewsconnell10

Dev Squad on 17:56 - Sep 3 by Juzzie

or.... what is it with players and impossible demands?

Yes that's what I ment ,a combination of both .it's ridiculous.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dev Squad on 18:30 - Sep 3 with 4005 viewsstevec

Second teamers on first teamers wages was probably the order of the day for the last ten years.

I imagine the new regime has weighed things up and it’s coming as a bit of a shock to those who think they should be in the team on big money without actually producing the goods.

It’s almost like the businessmen have decided to run it like, erm, a business.
Dev Squad on 15:03 - Sep 5 with 3256 viewsaston_hoop

There we go, 0-0 with Brentford

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/september/05/report-brentford-away/

Dev Squad on 15:16 - Sep 5 with 3216 viewsNorthernr

Dev Squad on 13:38 - Sep 3 by connell10

I think it's a pretty welcome development TBH. Commit here so that we can see some return or investment, otherwise don't expect us to continue your development on behalf of somebody else.

That said, if the comment from the family member "he's been told the Japanese is better than him" is right then you're playing a loan player ahead of one you do own, which is counter productive.

Nourry seems pretty switched on with these things to me so far. Let's see how it plays out.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dev Squad on 16:32 - Sep 5 with 2984 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dev Squad on 15:16 - Sep 5 by Northernr

I think it's a pretty welcome development TBH. Commit here so that we can see some return or investment, otherwise don't expect us to continue your development on behalf of somebody else.

That said, if the comment from the family member "he's been told the Japanese is better than him" is right then you're playing a loan player ahead of one you do own, which is counter productive.

Nourry seems pretty switched on with these things to me so far. Let's see how it plays out.

I saw that apparently Kolli also refused to go out on loan, something he desperately needs. After the WBA game my son and I both agreed that Kolli looked physically way off it and needs a season away.
Let's face it Saito is better, and now would be the perfect time for Kolli to sign a new deal and get a season in L1 or 2 and then come back and earn that 1st team place next season. Loans are part of the development-Eze, Chair, Dieng etc.

He is being badly advised and good on the club for basically telling him to jog on.
Dev Squad on 16:54 - Sep 5 with 2903 viewssimmo

Another reason it would be helpful to know if we at least have an option on our side to make Saito permenent, so as not to create this kind of conjecture around priritising a loan player. I'm still not 100% Dembele is def ours, which would be painful based on how he's started

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Dev Squad on 17:10 - Sep 5 with 2791 viewsdmm

Dev Squad on 16:54 - Sep 5 by simmo

Another reason it would be helpful to know if we at least have an option on our side to make Saito permenent, so as not to create this kind of conjecture around priritising a loan player. I'm still not 100% Dembele is def ours, which would be painful based on how he's started

I share your concerns about Saito and Dembele. The offy's comments on their deals were not definite. And, with Nourry keeping schtum about such matters, we're unlikely to be told precisely what the deals are with these two.
Dev Squad on 17:14 - Sep 5 with 2760 viewsnix

Dev Squad on 16:32 - Sep 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I saw that apparently Kolli also refused to go out on loan, something he desperately needs. After the WBA game my son and I both agreed that Kolli looked physically way off it and needs a season away.
Let's face it Saito is better, and now would be the perfect time for Kolli to sign a new deal and get a season in L1 or 2 and then come back and earn that 1st team place next season. Loans are part of the development-Eze, Chair, Dieng etc.

He is being badly advised and good on the club for basically telling him to jog on.

I agree. Even Harry Kane went out on loan before playing for Spurs. I don't see why Kolli thinks he's too good for that.

It's a pity because I thought he was going to be one of the few decent prospects for the club who was actually going to see it through with us for a couple of years before going onto possibly better things.

The thing is that it's always a gamble playing young players as they are prone to howlers as well as good play, and it's easier to take that gamble if they're committed to the club and therefore we will ultimately benefit from them getting that experience with us.

I'd rather Nourry played hardball. I think in the long term it's better that we're seen as a businesslike club.
Dev Squad on 17:38 - Sep 5 with 2653 viewsRangersw12

If that's the case why are we still playing Paal and Dunne who are both in their final year ?

Seems a similar situation when we wouldn't play Manning but continued to play Bright
Dev Squad on 18:35 - Sep 5 with 2522 viewsQPROslo

Dev Squad on 17:38 - Sep 5 by Rangersw12

If that's the case why are we still playing Paal and Dunne who are both in their final year ?

Seems a similar situation when we wouldn't play Manning but continued to play Bright

Maybe they are not in the last year of their contracts now. Something may have been done without it being made public.
Dev Squad on 18:39 - Sep 5 with 2493 viewsnix

Dev Squad on 17:38 - Sep 5 by Rangersw12

Because they're both experienced professionals who play in positions where we're not particularly blessed (particularly Paal). Kolli needs the experience, isn't particularly effective defensively and plays in a position where we have a lot of options.

Also you can't compare them to Manning and Bright. From my memory they both practically downed tools from the beginning of the season. Paal and Dunne are both putting the effort in.
Dev Squad on 19:26 - Sep 5 with 2378 viewsQPR_Hibs

Isn't it strange that for years we have been complaining about our prospects being stolen from the academy by the PL teams (e.g. Sterling to Liverpool, Gunter to Spurs) and then we get all excited about Kolli NOT being poached and signing a pro contract with us. Only for 18 months down the line to find out he (allegedly) won't extend his contract and therefore we won't play him.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dev Squad on 19:30 - Sep 5 with 2344 viewsAndybrat

Dev Squad on 12:58 - Sep 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

But I thought he signed a new contract last season?
Dev Squad on 19:35 - Sep 5 with 2324 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dev Squad on 19:30 - Sep 5 by Andybrat

But I thought he signed a new contract last season?

He signed his first pro contract last year (Jan 2023.) I have not seen anything signed since.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/rayan-kolli-signs-pro-deal-090123/

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dev Squad on 19:37 - Sep 5 with 2304 viewsAndybrat

Dev Squad on 19:35 - Sep 5 by QPR_Hibs

He signed his first pro contract last year (Jan 2023.) I have not seen anything signed since.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/rayan-kolli-signs-pro-deal-090123/

Thanks for that and yes until summer 25
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024