Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dev Squad 15:48 - Sep 2 with 7986 viewsderbyhoop

Away to Hull tomorrow 2pm.
Is it worth giving Kolli and/or Bennie a run out? The Downside would mean leaving out 1 or 2 of Talla, Morgan, Murphy, Sutton, Acharacle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev Squad on 12:05 - Sep 6 with 2126 viewsfrancisbowles

Dev Squad on 18:39 - Sep 5 by nix

Because they're both experienced professionals who play in positions where we're not particularly blessed (particularly Paal). Kolli needs the experience, isn't particularly effective defensively and plays in a position where we have a lot of options.

Also you can't compare them to Manning and Bright. From my memory they both practically downed tools from the beginning of the season. Paal and Dunne are both putting the effort in.

To add to that Nix. Kolli, if I remember correctly, lost possession which led to WBA equalising and of course they went onto win on the opening day. An indicator that he is not ready to start games at this level.
Dev Squad on 13:37 - Sep 6 with 1938 viewsnix

Dev Squad on 12:05 - Sep 6 by francisbowles

To add to that Nix. Kolli, if I remember correctly, lost possession which led to WBA equalising and of course they went onto win on the opening day. An indicator that he is not ready to start games at this level.

I'd forgotten that Francis. That's exactly the kind of thing that can be tightened up playing at a lower level but in a professional team.
Dev Squad on 16:40 - Sep 7 with 1556 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dev Squad on 12:05 - Sep 6 by francisbowles

I saw Kevin DeBrunye do that one time.

The grass is always greener.

Dev Squad on 17:49 - Sep 7 with 1405 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dev Squad on 13:37 - Sep 6 by nix

I'd forgotten that Francis. That's exactly the kind of thing that can be tightened up playing at a lower level but in a professional team.

Kolli should be out on loan right now playing week in week out developing his game and showing management why he should be in the first team squad next year.
He’s not shown anywhere near enough to suggest he’s a first team starter yet, despite what it appears him and his advisors think.
He’s just wasted the first half of the season: hopefully he will consider his options carefully over the next few months.
Dev Squad on 19:02 - Sep 7 with 1266 viewsconnell10

Dev Squad on 17:49 - Sep 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Kolli should be out on loan right now playing week in week out developing his game and showing management why he should be in the first team squad next year.
He’s not shown anywhere near enough to suggest he’s a first team starter yet, despite what it appears him and his advisors think.
He’s just wasted the first half of the season: hopefully he will consider his options carefully over the next few months.

Definitely mate , no one is bigger than the club.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dev Squad on 08:04 - Sep 8 with 845 viewscpgerber

IF the rumours are true (wants first team action, refused a loan), its silly stuff from Kolli. He'd be well advised to look at where everyone ended up that were released from the dev squad this past summer. He has a golden opportunity at a championship club willing to invest in and develop him, if only he will let them.

I think in NL we have youth mentors who assist upcoming players in career choices, managing expectations, plotting a career path, etc. Instead of your dad poisoning your head, thinking you're the next Ronaldo off whom he can become rich, just because you tore up some local U13 league.
Dev Squad on 13:24 - Sep 8 with 568 viewsPdog

If not mistaken, Alfie Lloyd went on loan around the same age and got 20 senior games under his belt, 2 yrs older than Kolli but looks as if he's willing to get his head down and work this season, Marti is rewarding him with game time ahead of Kolli whilst still being raw himself.

Depends how you frame it i suppose: 'fu*k yeah I'll go on loan watch me tear up league 1 come back in jan you'll have no choice but to play me'. Or 'nah too good for a loan I'm already better than all these fuc*kers here (bar chair / dembele)'.

Either way the talking should be done on the pitch. Kolli has ability and clearly believes in himself but still a lot to learn positionally. Should that learning curve be in our 1st team or elsewhere? Either way Marti sees him every day and trust he knows best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024