Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madsen 00:14 - Aug 31 with 6922 viewsnumptydumpty

He has been OK so far and another one like Varane that is acclimatising but great for him to be available and in an advanced position for Frey's pass and composure to slot home with two defenders closing in.

Brought in as a goal scoring midfielder and nice to see so many different goalscorers so far this season.
[Post edited 31 Aug 0:15]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Madsen on 09:55 - Aug 31 with 1886 viewsmart_Goblin

Madsen on 08:25 - Aug 31 by Ned_Kennedys

He was hardly poor: thought he took time to get up to speed but got better and better as the game progressed and how many times recently have we had a midfielder in the penalty area to score a goal like he did?
He’s playing his first few games in a new country at a completely new level and like Varane is already showing he is learning and improving.

You’ve concentrated on my first 5 words and ignored the other 200
Madsen on 09:59 - Aug 31 with 1845 viewsmart_Goblin

Madsen on 08:44 - Aug 31 by GaryBannister86

"thought he had a poor game" "Jordan Mutch vibes" "only one who had a poor game"

Harsh, imo

Seems to be a common trait then to read what you want to read in a post and ignore the rest of it .

It’s also my opinion . It’s not a dig at him. I think he looks a real asset .

When will some people realise that others may have differing opinions …and that’s ok?

I said fully that we must be patient with all of them
[Post edited 31 Aug 9:59]
Madsen on 10:03 - Aug 31 with 1776 viewsNed_Kennedys

Madsen on 09:55 - Aug 31 by mart_Goblin

You’ve concentrated on my first 5 words and ignored the other 200

I concentrated on your first 8 words and disagreed with them and posted accordingly.
Madsen on 10:10 - Aug 31 with 1728 viewsGaryBannister86

Madsen on 09:59 - Aug 31 by mart_Goblin

Seems to be a common trait then to read what you want to read in a post and ignore the rest of it .

It’s also my opinion . It’s not a dig at him. I think he looks a real asset .

When will some people realise that others may have differing opinions …and that’s ok?

I said fully that we must be patient with all of them
[Post edited 31 Aug 9:59]

I think you are being oversensitive. My (opinion) is that his goal is worthy of merit and therefore the criticism is harsh. That's it.

And also a little bit of can't we just enjoy a terrific week?
[Post edited 31 Aug 10:10]
Madsen on 10:24 - Aug 31 with 1610 viewsnumptydumpty

Madsen on 00:34 - Aug 31 by ozexile

Take this anyway you want but I get very strong Jordan Mutch vibes from Madsen.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2:20]

Comment from one of our more intelligent forum posters !!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Madsen on 10:35 - Aug 31 with 1549 viewsBurnleyhoop

Madsen on 08:28 - Aug 31 by SherryHoop

He was really lightweight in the first half.

There is a possibility that he is a bit unique and that takes time to adjust. I'm glad he's here and that he scored. Yet to see a performance that shows me what he can do.

Obviously what Marti is looking for so happy to go with that.

Madsen is the polar opposite to Field. Not remotely combative or aggressive, but has a sublime touch and capable of playing smart defensive splitting passes. Probably shocked with what’s going on around him, with the game played at 100 miles an hour and everyone kicking lumps out of each other. Must wonder what the hell he has let himself in for.

Wwaaall to come in September. Bet he can’t wait 😬😆
Madsen on 10:39 - Aug 31 with 1504 viewsMaggsinho

I dunno, but I wonder if having spent a week at the club and having only played two games it might be too early to judge him.
Madsen on 10:49 - Aug 31 with 1449 viewsCateLeBonR

I’m looking forward to seeing what Chairs workrate and experience will bring to this team. Should benefit players like Madsen in theory.
Login to get fewer ads

Madsen on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 1414 viewsCiderwithRsie

Apart from the Jordon Mutch comment - which is pretty hard to engage with either way, it's just a hunch - I'm not seeing any bitching or over-criticism here.

It was a mixed performance, I don't think anyone could say it was perfect - pretty much everyone is saying that there's good reasons to concentrate more on the positives.
Madsen on 10:57 - Aug 31 with 1395 viewsCiderwithRsie

Think maybe some of us in the happy-clapper wing are a little oversensitive after some pretty weird written off of some of the new signings in the first few games.

Don't think that's happening in this thread.
Madsen on 11:06 - Aug 31 with 1365 viewsPhilmyRs

Madsen on 10:57 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

Think maybe some of us in the happy-clapper wing are a little oversensitive after some pretty weird written off of some of the new signings in the first few games.

Don't think that's happening in this thread.

Agree with this.

Looking at his performance in isolation, it was poor. Taking into account everything else (new to league, step up in level, only 2nd game, experience etc), he needs to be cut a lot of slack. I don’t think people are being that harsh with him.
Madsen on 11:17 - Aug 31 with 1323 viewsBostonR

Two games in with a new foreign midfielder recruit, who arrived late into the box to equalise. Also, played the final ball to Paal in the final third, for that wonderful ball to Frey!

What sort of black magic has this Madsen chap bought to our shores?

He’s clearly a very good technician and will need time but for God’s sake give him a fecking break.
Madsen on 11:30 - Aug 31 with 1231 viewsbaz_qpr

I think I said on another match thread that was probably the most physical and direct team he would have come against in his career, and his positioning and anticipation was all over the place. That's the eyeball test, interestingly on the analytics sites that rate players he had the second highest score after Frey 8.2 or something like that, because for all of those issues he scored and had a key contribution in the goal and other chances created.

He will need to work on the physical side of his game that is for sure, and anticipation will come with game time. Marti could easily have hooked him ahead of Lloyd at half time and there would be no complaints, but another example I think of what a great manager Marti is that he decided to leave him on and move him to the left
Madsen on 11:33 - Aug 31 with 1204 viewsmart_Goblin

Madsen on 10:03 - Aug 31 by Ned_Kennedys

I concentrated on your first 8 words and disagreed with them and posted accordingly.

As I thought
Madsen on 11:35 - Aug 31 with 1173 viewsmart_Goblin

Madsen on 10:10 - Aug 31 by GaryBannister86

I think you are being oversensitive. My (opinion) is that his goal is worthy of merit and therefore the criticism is harsh. That's it.

And also a little bit of can't we just enjoy a terrific week?
[Post edited 31 Aug 10:10]

Ha ha believe it or not it was supposed to be positive.

It wasn’t a dig , it was that he will improve like Varane and Celar are doing and be a real asset.

Not sure why it’s been misconstrued.
Madsen on 11:41 - Aug 31 with 1132 viewspaulparker

Madsen on 10:35 - Aug 31 by Burnleyhoop

Madsen is the polar opposite to Field. Not remotely combative or aggressive, but has a sublime touch and capable of playing smart defensive splitting passes. Probably shocked with what’s going on around him, with the game played at 100 miles an hour and everyone kicking lumps out of each other. Must wonder what the hell he has let himself in for.

Wwaaall to come in September. Bet he can’t wait 😬😆

Got to agree
Madsen is not going to be flying into tackles but what I hope the continues to do is make those runs into the box because a midfielder who can chip in with10-15 goals a season is a rare commodity in the championship

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Madsen on 12:31 - Aug 31 with 927 viewssexton

I'm old enough to remember Don Masson.
Madsen on 12:40 - Aug 31 with 854 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Reminds me a little of a certain Ray Wilkins in that he has that calmness about him when he's on the ball. Never seems rushed.
It's going to take a couple of months to adjust to the pace and physicality, but you can already see he could have a big influence on this team.
Madsen on 12:53 - Aug 31 with 764 viewsfrancisbowles

I get the impression he's a very laid back kind of guy. He's not going to get too excited or too downbeat about anything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024