Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 110702 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 13:55 - Aug 27 with 4211 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 13:22 - Aug 27 by Lblock

ParkRoyalR left the chat

Arguably key to keeping us up in the run-in last season & season prior,

I've said for a while a lot of what Cifuentes does makes me very nervous.

A sale for less than £3m would be another example, especially watching Frey last season, been away so hoping ill be pleasantly surprised watching him live on Friday.
Dykes sold apparently on 13:56 - Aug 27 with 4218 viewsellersliehoop

Dykes sold apparently on 11:24 - Aug 27 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, and goes back to what we were saying in the other thread, Clive. Suspect he won't be the last leaving this week. Whatever anyone says about departures, Sky money etc, we likely need to recoup some outlay.

Dixon Bonner will be the next cab off the rank
Dykes sold apparently on 14:01 - Aug 27 with 4064 viewsellersliehoop

Dykes sold apparently on 13:55 - Aug 27 by ParkRoyalR

Arguably key to keeping us up in the run-in last season & season prior,

I've said for a while a lot of what Cifuentes does makes me very nervous.

A sale for less than £3m would be another example, especially watching Frey last season, been away so hoping ill be pleasantly surprised watching him live on Friday.

Doubt Cifuentes had much say in it.

If he's on decent money and we need him off the payroll then the decision takes care of itself
Dykes sold apparently on 14:07 - Aug 27 with 3895 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 14:01 - Aug 27 by ellersliehoop

Doubt Cifuentes had much say in it.

If he's on decent money and we need him off the payroll then the decision takes care of itself

Cifuentes didn't start him in key must win games in last seasons run-in (Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham iirr) and the team completely mal-functioned and we were well beaten without Dykes being the focal point of our attack.

Cifuentes cannot rate Dykes if he started Frey & Armstrong in the lone striker role last season, as both were woeful.

Interesting few days ahead.
Dykes sold apparently on 14:27 - Aug 27 with 3587 viewsTK1

Dykes sold apparently on 14:07 - Aug 27 by ParkRoyalR

Cifuentes didn't start him in key must win games in last seasons run-in (Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham iirr) and the team completely mal-functioned and we were well beaten without Dykes being the focal point of our attack.

Cifuentes cannot rate Dykes if he started Frey & Armstrong in the lone striker role last season, as both were woeful.

He scored six goals in 41 league appearances last season (30+ starts), and one of those was a penalty. He didn't score once between January and April. One assist all season.

In the season before, he didn't score at all between November and April. Eight goals in total.

In 21/22, he only scored two goals between October and May - and they were in the same game. Eight goals in total.

In the last two seasons we've escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth and Lyndon Dykes has contributed 14 goals from across 80 games, with around three assists.

I don't think Cifuentes is a particularly radical thinker in deciding this is not the guy that will change that sequence for him, aged 29, nor for trying different players up top. The team were malfunctioning just as badly with him in the team.
Dykes sold apparently on 14:28 - Aug 27 with 3558 viewsBklynRanger

Look it's one thing for us to not get quite what we hoped for in terms of a transfer fee for Dykes. It's quite another to talk him up in terms of his ability and impact over the last season or more.

Yes he has had some good moments, and he did quite well in that linking '10' role I thought - but there was a reason why the manager resorted to that experiment, and that reason includes the words 'cow's arse' and 'banjo'.

I really think he needs to move on for his and our sake.
Dykes sold apparently on 14:31 - Aug 27 with 3486 viewsStreathamRanger

Dykes sold apparently on 14:27 - Aug 27 by TK1

He scored six goals in 41 league appearances last season (30+ starts), and one of those was a penalty. He didn't score once between January and April. One assist all season.

In the season before, he didn't score at all between November and April. Eight goals in total.

In 21/22, he only scored two goals between October and May - and they were in the same game. Eight goals in total.

In the last two seasons we've escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth and Lyndon Dykes has contributed 14 goals from across 80 games, with around three assists.

I don't think Cifuentes is a particularly radical thinker in deciding this is not the guy that will change that sequence for him, aged 29, nor for trying different players up top. The team were malfunctioning just as badly with him in the team.

Agree with this. It's always good to ask yourself how would the rangers fans react to signing a 29 year old with these stats. I'm pretty sure we'd be very underwhelmed. Strikers with a 1 in 6 goal return over the last two seasons can't be that hard to find so I'm pleased we're getting any money for him to be honest.

One thing he does do very well is defend corners in our box. Wins a lot of headers. Frey can probably do similar but I doubt that's part of Celar's game.
Dykes sold apparently on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 3340 viewsOakR

I think this is good business for all parties.

Birmingham have a decent L1 striker for 1M that might help them get back up, we have some money for a striker who didn't score much at all for us and he will get to play more at a decent club.

Good luck Lyndon.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 14:41 - Aug 27 with 3287 viewsjoe90

Is Dykes better than Sylla? The stats suggest perhaps not and here's a little reminder:

Let's be honest, Dykes isn't as bad as people are making out, and he isn't as good as some may believe. His standard is pretty much in keeping with most of our strikers of recent times. I don't think he deserves the criticism he get's and we shouldn't forget we haven't had a good striker since Austin MK1 - the sooner we forget Austin MK2 the better.
[Post edited 27 Aug 14:55]
Dykes sold apparently on 14:50 - Aug 27 with 3126 viewsStreathamRanger

Dykes sold apparently on 14:41 - Aug 27 by joe90

Is Dykes better than Sylla? The stats suggest perhaps not and here's a little reminder:

Let's be honest, Dykes isn't as bad as people are making out, and he isn't as good as some may believe. His standard is pretty much in keeping with most of our strikers of recent times. I don't think he deserves the criticism he get's and we shouldn't forget we haven't had a good striker since Austin MK1 - the sooner we forget Austin MK2 the better.

Thanks for sharing that. Watching it, it is clear that Sylla's movement in the box was much better than Dykes. See how he scored several goals by attacking the near post. You don't see Dykes doing that very often. Sylla a more instinctive striker. I'm sure he missed a load of sitters too but I'd have him over Dykes for sure.
Dykes sold apparently on 14:52 - Aug 27 with 3059 views1MoreBrightonR

Dykes sold apparently on 14:27 - Aug 27 by TK1

Absolutely spot on. His stats, at best, say he's a lower end championship striker who is far from prolific. He's not going to suddenly come good with us. One lively finish last week doesn't change that... He's always had the ability for the odd great finish, it's just few and very far between.
Dykes sold apparently on 14:54 - Aug 27 with 2995 viewsdaveB

Last season he tended to rotate the forwards, plenty of games where Dykes was woeful as well.

it's not really about rating him or not, I think Marti would keep him if he could but but he's not first choice anymore so if they get an offer they have to take it. He won't be the only one to go this week as we've spent a lot this window
Dykes sold apparently on 15:01 - Aug 27 with 2853 viewsPhilmyRs

Dykes sold apparently on 14:41 - Aug 27 by joe90

Don't remember much of that but have to say some decent goals in there in terms of movement and finishing. Not how I remember his time with us though.
Dykes sold apparently on 15:04 - Aug 27 with 2759 viewsdachiltern

For someone who can trap a ball further than he kick it, time to move on?

However, can I say thank you for the entertainment he has provided …. just in this thread alone.
Dykes sold apparently on 15:07 - Aug 27 with 2712 viewskensalriser

Dykes sold apparently on 11:59 - Aug 27 by stowmarketrange

Wasn’t he the best on earth?

He was also supposed to be taking us to the Premier League but that wasn't true either.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes sold apparently on 15:12 - Aug 27 with 2639 viewsconnell10

Now I'm reading 1.5 million, he is increasing in worth by the minute

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes sold apparently on 15:18 - Aug 27 with 2526 viewsCroydonCaptJack

He recently scored his first away league goal for an astonishing amount of games.
Can anyone recall how many as it was a shocking stat.

I think this is a decent deal for both clubs and I am guessing we may be getting a loan striker in to cover or another unknown potential gem perhaps.

LD seems like a good bloke and tries hard but it is unlikely we will miss his goals.
Dykes sold apparently on 15:21 - Aug 27 with 2446 viewsLoyalitat

Pretty damning on the club that after over 4 years at the club, we can't breakeven on our £2 million outlay for Dykes. A striker who was first-choice for nearly all of his time at the club.

At about the same time we signed Dykes, Coventry signed Gyokeres for less than £1 million and Hamer for £1 million. Those two have yielded circa £35 million for Coventry, with a further profit percentage when Gyokeres is eventually sold by Sporting Lisbon.

If Dykes is sold, I wish him well. We gave Dykes over 4 years to prove his worth, so it's only right that we don't condemn Celar and Frey as being useless already.
[Post edited 27 Aug 15:25]
Dykes sold apparently on 15:26 - Aug 27 with 2390 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dykes sold apparently on 13:03 - Aug 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Sky Sports now saying £1.5m+

Still seems low for an International striker, but if that's all we can get for a player who may not fit our preferred style of play then I suppose we take it, get his wages off the books and move on.

How much did we pay for the Slovakian plunderer?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dykes sold apparently on 15:32 - Aug 27 with 2270 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Good deal for us, £1m -£1.5m for a 29 year old forward. Would we be happy buying a player for that much with his scoring record?
Highly doubtful. I imagine there would be a melt down on here!

Good luck to him. And it shouldn't be forgotten he never hid, unlike some of those that downed tools over the past 2 years.
God, no wonder he isn't keen on Birmingham, bet he thought he'd seen the last of Sanderson, Roberts and Laird.
Dykes sold apparently on 15:32 - Aug 27 with 2259 viewsNorthernr

Dykes sold apparently on 15:18 - Aug 27 by CroydonCaptJack

He recently scored his first away league goal for an astonishing amount of games.
Can anyone recall how many as it was a shocking stat.

I think this is a decent deal for both clubs and I am guessing we may be getting a loan striker in to cover or another unknown potential gem perhaps.

LD seems like a good bloke and tries hard but it is unlikely we will miss his goals.

The equaliser at Bramall Lane was his first goal away from home in more than a year, and that one was also part of a comeback from two goals down to draw 2-2 - at The Hawthorns against West Brom over Easter 2023. There were 24 away appearances between those two goals, and his last away goal before that was another 32 games back at Fulham away in October 2021.
Dykes sold apparently on 15:32 - Aug 27 with 2252 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dykes sold apparently on 15:26 - Aug 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Slovenian
Dykes sold apparently on 15:35 - Aug 27 with 2174 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dykes sold apparently on 15:12 - Aug 27 by connell10

Now I'm reading 1.5 million, he is increasing in worth by the minute

If we can hang on until 10pm Friday, he'll dwarf the Eze deal.

Add-ons 'en all!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dykes sold apparently on 15:43 - Aug 27 with 2023 viewsNed_Kennedys

So the consensus for some on here now is that the club should offload our highest earners instead of selling players to pay for the incoming players and meet FFP?
Would expect Cooke, Field, Colback, JCS are on same if not more than Dykes.
Dykes sold apparently on 15:52 - Aug 27 with 1869 viewsCamberleyR

Dykes sold apparently on 15:26 - Aug 27 by PlanetHonneywood

It was mooted to be approximately £1.5m or €1.5m.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024