Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 110841 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 19:00 - Aug 28 with 3396 viewsdannyblue

Dykes sold apparently on 17:33 - Aug 28 by HAYESBOY

You cant play with just 2 senior strikers over the course of a season. We must have someone lined up.

You can if you play only one up top. If you've got three it's hard to give them all minutes.

IMO you want 22 players and some youngsters knocking on the door, filling in gaps. The way we play, that means 8 defenders, 4 midfielders, 6 attackers, and 2 strikers. Which we've got, now.
Dykes sold apparently on 19:20 - Aug 28 with 3166 viewsHAYESBOY

Dykes sold apparently on 19:00 - Aug 28 by dannyblue

You can if you play only one up top. If you've got three it's hard to give them all minutes.

IMO you want 22 players and some youngsters knocking on the door, filling in gaps. The way we play, that means 8 defenders, 4 midfielders, 6 attackers, and 2 strikers. Which we've got, now.

In a perfect world maybe, if you get no injuries and no loss of form.

IMO you need 3 strikers inside of a squad of 25.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dykes sold apparently on 19:22 - Aug 28 with 3126 viewsNed_Kennedys

We definitely need another striker.
Amazed anyone thinks we should risk having just 2 strikers for the season, especially as there does not appear to be any young strikers knocking on the door of the first team squad.
If Celar or Frey pick up a long term injury next week we have just one forward until January: the club would be crazy to risk that and I’m sure Cifuentes does not want to risk it either.
Dykes sold apparently on 19:23 - Aug 28 with 3121 viewsRsinWales

Mixed feelings about this.

The goals he scored in Scotland I recall to be more like the one he got against the Blades - running into the box for cutbacks.

We never really seemed to set up to play to this strength. But, he otherwise seemed a bit limited in how he could adapt. I did sometimes wonder how he would do if Illy and Willock were more prone to passing quickly. They often seemed to ignore him.

However, that is all moot. Good luck to him in the Midlands. The club could have told us more about his engagement with fans and the community - I had no idea he had that positive side to him.
Dykes sold apparently on 19:45 - Aug 28 with 3005 viewsQPROslo

I think we will miss him. In attack, midfield and for defensive set pieces at the back. We'll never know but I think he'd have scored more with Dembele and Saito to feed him than Willock and Chair. The current 2 look more direct. Good luck to Lyndon.
Dykes sold apparently on 20:06 - Aug 28 with 2809 viewsdavman

Dykes sold apparently on 12:52 - Aug 28 by Ned_Kennedys

No not EVERYONE thought that.
Didn’t score enough goals like pretty much all the strikers we’ve had over the last decade: seemed to get more abuse off the keyboard warriors for it though than most of the others.

Ned, not trying to get to an argument to extend the 12 pages, but which of the following do you disagree with?

1. He missed A LOT of chances.
2. He did not score nearly enough.
3. He always put in a really good shift.
4. He always showed the right attitude.
5. By all accounts an ambassador for the club off the pitch.
6. Great when he had no time to think.
7. Poor when given time to think.
8. Overall not a great in a QPR shirt.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes sold apparently on 20:20 - Aug 28 with 2682 viewsMyke

Dykes sold apparently on 19:22 - Aug 28 by Ned_Kennedys

We definitely need another striker.
Amazed anyone thinks we should risk having just 2 strikers for the season, especially as there does not appear to be any young strikers knocking on the door of the first team squad.
If Celar or Frey pick up a long term injury next week we have just one forward until January: the club would be crazy to risk that and I’m sure Cifuentes does not want to risk it either.

No we don't . We are (at best) a mid-table 2nd tier club. We cannot justify having 3 strikers when we only use 1 up front. We have more pressing concerns in defence, where both our regular full-backs are out of contract next summer. We cannot afford to let players run down their contracts and leave for free.
Dykes sold apparently on 20:31 - Aug 28 with 2570 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I hope Dykes does well. The fact the club highlighted his community work says a lot about the type of man he is.

Putting aside what people thought of his footballing ability, I hope everyone can appreciate the effort he put in on and off the pitch. A real credit to our club.

Pretty sure he'll get a warm reception by the fans in the stadium should he return.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 20:42 - Aug 28 with 2443 viewsStreathamRanger

I was trying to remember the moment when I finally gave up hope of Dykes being any good. Then someone conveniently posted it on Twitter. One of the most astonishing misses you'll ever see. Harder to miss than score.

[Post edited 28 Aug 20:43]
Dykes sold apparently on 20:43 - Aug 28 with 2432 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dykes sold apparently on 18:56 - Aug 28 by Tonto

Not especially happy with the fee... think he was worth more than that.

But the glass half full version is if he hadn't signed that new Contact last year we would have got £1M less.

How much was he sold for for? The club aren't saying.

The grass is always greener.

Dykes sold apparently on 20:53 - Aug 28 with 2325 viewsLogman

Sad to see him go. I personally rated him more than others on here. Always thought he worked hard and now and again had good no. 9 instincts. Not 100% convinced that either of our current strikers will be any more prolific although Frey is putting himself about well up there so far.
Dykes sold apparently on 21:19 - Aug 28 with 2101 viewsLowerloftLad

Dykes and Sinclair goal record combined last season was nothing short of embarrassing on a professional level.

The fact we have managed 4mill with add ons and sell on fees is nothing short of a miracle in my eyes and the bored need alot of appreciation for the Job they are currently doing.
[Post edited 28 Aug 21:20]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Dykes sold apparently on 21:22 - Aug 28 with 2060 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 20:42 - Aug 28 by StreathamRanger

I was trying to remember the moment when I finally gave up hope of Dykes being any good. Then someone conveniently posted it on Twitter. One of the most astonishing misses you'll ever see. Harder to miss than score.

[Post edited 28 Aug 20:43]

Tried to place it with the side of his foot and pushed it wide, I've seen the likes of Ronaldo miss similar, not to mention Austin the other season, Hughill was knocking those over the Upper Loft for fun when we had Eze creating. Dykes missed chances were always magnified in a team that created so few chances.
Dykes sold apparently on 21:29 - Aug 28 with 1989 viewsstowmarketrange

Dykes sold apparently on 20:43 - Aug 28 by Esox_Lucius

Sky were saying it was undisclosed,but their info box on the bottom of the screen said £1.5m.
Dykes sold apparently on 21:35 - Aug 28 with 1952 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 21:19 - Aug 28 by LowerloftLad

Dykes and Sinclair goal record combined last season was nothing short of embarrassing on a professional level.

The fact we have managed 4mill with add ons and sell on fees is nothing short of a miracle in my eyes and the bored need alot of appreciation for the Job they are currently doing.
[Post edited 28 Aug 21:20]

Agree, but maybe three quarters into the season, think Chair had 2 goals for the season, despite so much possession around the area.

Without Willock, with Chair tied to the left byeline, with no midfielders attacking the box or who could pick a pass, with no one able to deliver a corner or set piece it was amazing we scored the goals we did.
Dykes sold apparently on 21:48 - Aug 28 with 1831 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Dykes sold apparently on 20:43 - Aug 28 by Esox_Lucius

I’ve seen it said that we just paid up Dykes’ remaining contract to get his wages off the books and that the £1m was paid directly to Dykes as a signing on fee. Not sure about the signing on fee bit but I can see us paying up his contract to get him off the books. If true, Dykes has made a fortune out of this move and the club haven’t made a penny!
[Post edited 28 Aug 21:58]
Dykes sold apparently on 22:00 - Aug 28 with 1688 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 21:48 - Aug 28 by Beckenhamhoop

I’ve seen it said that we just paid up Dykes’ remaining contract to get his wages off the books and that the £1m was paid directly to Dykes as a signing on fee. Not sure about the signing on fee bit but I can see us paying up his contract to get him off the books. If true, Dykes has made a fortune out of this move and the club haven’t made a penny!

Come on, read your post through and do some basic maths, Why would we not keep him if this was the case, sorry this is nonsense.
Dykes sold apparently on 22:02 - Aug 28 with 1679 viewsRanger_Things

I liked his attitude and wish him well but he was a bit rubbish.
Dykes sold apparently on 22:06 - Aug 28 with 1628 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Dykes sold apparently on 22:00 - Aug 28 by ParkRoyalR

Come on, read your post through and do some basic maths, Why would we not keep him if this was the case, sorry this is nonsense.

Because the club wanted to get its, allegedly, highest earner (who wasn’t performing well enough) off the wage bill? If true I’m sure someone’s done the math.
Dykes sold apparently on 22:12 - Aug 28 with 1552 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dykes sold apparently on 22:06 - Aug 28 by Beckenhamhoop

Because the club wanted to get its, allegedly, highest earner (who wasn’t performing well enough) off the wage bill? If true I’m sure someone’s done the math.

So the club would get the highest earner off the books by paying all of his wages on his new 4 year contract in one hit?? Does that seem likely or sensible?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes sold apparently on 22:14 - Aug 28 with 1529 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dykes sold apparently on 20:06 - Aug 28 by davman

Ned, not trying to get to an argument to extend the 12 pages, but which of the following do you disagree with?

1. He missed A LOT of chances.
2. He did not score nearly enough.
3. He always put in a really good shift.
4. He always showed the right attitude.
5. By all accounts an ambassador for the club off the pitch.
6. Great when he had no time to think.
7. Poor when given time to think.
8. Overall not a great in a QPR shirt.

You forgot to repeat what you originally posted:

“could not hit a cow's rear with a banjo”

Scored 37 goals for us and has 9 international goals: deserves more respect than that and your claim that EVERYONE agrees with your opinion on him is misguided.
Dykes sold apparently on 22:19 - Aug 28 with 1466 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 22:06 - Aug 28 by Beckenhamhoop

It's not just the math, it's the English too.

Read that last post back.

I want to save paying someone's wages by paying them in full?
Dykes sold apparently on 22:25 - Aug 28 with 1373 viewsChrisNW6

Dykes sold apparently on 21:48 - Aug 28 by Beckenhamhoop

This must be wrong
Dykes sold apparently on 22:26 - Aug 28 with 1358 viewsslmrstid

If we signed a guy who scored 37 goals in 165 games as a striker (one ever 4.45 games on average) in 4 years at his prior club we'd all be saying, to a tee, "WTF?" and "this is a risk".

So really we can't be sad at losing a striker with that record.
Dykes sold apparently on 22:27 - Aug 28 with 1350 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Dykes sold apparently on 22:19 - Aug 28 by ParkRoyalR

It's not just the math, it's the English too.

Read that last post back.

I want to save paying someone's wages by paying them in full?

I’m not saying I know the details of this. I am merely passing on what I read. It is possible that the club have paid off some and not all of Dykes’ contract, which would save them money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024