Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique 08:11 - Jul 26 with 42374 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bienvenue mes amis!

Will be glued to the screen for the next few weeks, watching anything and everything. The Olympics are my favourite sporting event ever since I got hooked on the 1972 games.

Arrived in Paris yesterday. Amazing to see so many French people smiling, being polite, and offering service without the Gallic shrug of indifference!

I know Derby is up next week, anyone else visiting? If so, lets reserve tables at the Georges V and push on from there.

Allez les Brits!!

Edit: weather not looking good for the OC tonight.
[Post edited 26 Jul 8:20]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:52 - Aug 1 with 1350 viewsHayesender

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:49 - Aug 1 by StJude82

I am boycotting the whole lot after the devil worshipping opening ceremony and now the trans-fascism in the ring. Utterly sickening.

Not forgetting the Dutch convicted child rapist

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:58 - Aug 1 with 1316 viewsMrSheen

Disturbing to watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/articles/cw0yvln9z00o
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:01 - Aug 1 with 1293 viewsNed_Kennedys

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 07:17 - Aug 1 by Gus_iom

The IBA statement about the two males identifying as women in the Olympic boxing competition is pretty damning. When banned by the IBA, one didn't appeal while the second quickly dropped their appeal.
The Olympic organisation condoning men hitting women is a disgrace.
This issue can be as black and white, or as grey, as you want to make it. If you produce male gametes, you are a male.

The people running the Olympics binned off the IBA and appointed their own people whose criteria for deciding who can compete in women’s boxing seems to be ‘well it says they are women on their passports’.
Just watched the ‘fight’: the extra power from the Algerian’s punches would’ve resulted in a serious beating for the Italian girl if she’d fought for the whole three rounds.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:03 - Aug 1 with 1277 viewsJamesB1979

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:58 - Aug 1 by MrSheen

Disturbing to watch.

Unbelievable. Spending 4 years to prepare and make all the sacrifices and then you fight a man in a woman’s event.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:05 - Aug 1 with 1269 viewsMrSheen

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:01 - Aug 1 by Ned_Kennedys

The people running the Olympics binned off the IBA and appointed their own people whose criteria for deciding who can compete in women’s boxing seems to be ‘well it says they are women on their passports’.
Just watched the ‘fight’: the extra power from the Algerian’s punches would’ve resulted in a serious beating for the Italian girl if she’d fought for the whole three rounds.

I’m not sure how badly hurt she was but she was clearly terrified while also ashamed to quit. An insane predicament to be forced into. Shame on the IOC and the Algerian “fans”.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:10 - Aug 1 with 1241 viewsHayesender

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:58 - Aug 1 by MrSheen

Disturbing to watch.

Please someone come out and try to defend this

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:22 - Aug 1 with 1204 viewsMrSheen

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:10 - Aug 1 by Hayesender

Please someone come out and try to defend this

Haven’t heard it, but Steve Bunce fine with it apparently.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:26 - Aug 1 with 1186 viewsChrisNW6

Every female boxer needs to refuse to fight across all weight divisions. How have the Olympic committee let it go this far. Going to possibly overshadow the whole event.
Login to get fewer ads

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:42 - Aug 1 with 1136 viewsRanger_Things

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:49 - Aug 1 by StJude82

I am boycotting the whole lot after the devil worshipping opening ceremony and now the trans-fascism in the ring. Utterly sickening.

Devil worshipping? How on earth did I miss that, sounds awesome!

The boxing thing sounds disturbing but I’m having trouble finding out the details online. This RTE article is pretty informative but still leaves me with more questions than answers.
https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2024/0731/1462837-explained-the-gender-controv
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:53 - Aug 1 with 1111 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:05 - Aug 1 by MrSheen

I’m not sure how badly hurt she was but she was clearly terrified while also ashamed to quit. An insane predicament to be forced into. Shame on the IOC and the Algerian “fans”.

My location will not let me watch that highlight but it lets the interview play and its so crushing for her and her family and the IOC should be ashamed.
She looked terrified saying it was the first time in her career she felt fear yet her first thoughts were for her family and Country.
4 years of blood sweat and tears to get here yet she had to throw in the towel herself to protect her body for the future is disgusting and not sports or the spirit of the Olympics
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:53 - Aug 1 with 1111 viewsChrisNW6

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:42 - Aug 1 by Ranger_Things

The boxing thing sounds disturbing but I’m having trouble finding out the details online. This RTE article is pretty informative but still leaves me with more questions than answers.
https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2024/0731/1462837-explained-the-gender-controv

Thanks for sharing the RTE article. You are correct, too early to make any firm judgement based on available info, some clarity in official testing is needed.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:04 - Aug 1 with 1046 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The burlesque show of an OC aside, had a great week here and everything has worked really well.

I've had my fair share of bureaucratic bungling; poor and snooty service; travel delays: and IT failings over the last few years, however, despite debilitating heat and humidity, it's worked really well and been thoroughly enjoyably.

So, if you're coming here, hopefully you'll have a similar experience, too.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:08 - Aug 1 with 1035 viewsRanger_Things

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 13:52 - Aug 1 by Hayesender

Not forgetting the Dutch convicted child rapist

The Dutch Olympic committee should all be sacked for including him.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:09 - Aug 1 with 1028 viewsNed_Kennedys

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:22 - Aug 1 by MrSheen

Haven’t heard it, but Steve Bunce fine with it apparently.

I heard it: bloke was all over the place. Slagging off the IBA as run by the Russians, saying the tests that were done and led to the expulsions from last year’s Women Boxing Wotld Championships were in 2022 not 2023 (as if that makes a difference) and incredibly for a so called boxing expert claimed the Italian girl hadn’t been hit properly in the fight.
Embarrassing.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:17 - Aug 1 with 995 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I feel for that Italian girl.

They need to start putting trans athletes like the Algerian into their own events.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:38 - Aug 1 with 939 viewsG_Ottershaw

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:42 - Aug 1 by Ranger_Things

if you have trouble finding the details its probably because they don't want you to question their agendas. as with all articles on the web that are bias and should subsequently be viewed impartially, the link beliw is taken from zerohedge

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/unjust-female-boxer-quits-olympic-match-melt
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:06 - Aug 1 with 850 viewsRanger_Things

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:38 - Aug 1 by G_Ottershaw

if you have trouble finding the details its probably because they don't want you to question their agendas. as with all articles on the web that are bias and should subsequently be viewed impartially, the link beliw is taken from zerohedge

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/unjust-female-boxer-quits-olympic-match-melt

Wow, just wow.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:21 - Aug 1 with 800 viewsWatford_Ranger

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:17 - Aug 1 by Metallica_Hoop

They need to start putting trans athletes like the Algerian into their own events.

I believe she isn’t trans but born with some sort of hormonal imbalance. Competed at the last Olympics (not particularly successfully) and cleared by the Olympic bods but banned from some other tournament with a different regulator. I don’t think trans women should be in female sport especially boxing but it feels wrong to ban someone for being born as they are.
[Post edited 1 Aug 17:11]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:30 - Aug 1 with 782 viewsSnipper

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:21 - Aug 1 by Watford_Ranger

I believe she isn’t trans but born with some sort of hormonal imbalance. Competed at the last Olympics (not particularly successfully) and cleared by the Olympic bods but banned from some other tournament with a different regulator. I don’t think trans women should be in female sport especially boxing but it feels wrong to ban someone for being born as they are.
[Post edited 1 Aug 17:11]

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it’s a fúcking duck.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:35 - Aug 1 with 767 viewsChrisNW6

FFS now the Olympic Fred is going down a rabbit hole. Can we all please let this play out without turning a celebration of all things GB Olympics into another devisive thread.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 16:46 - Aug 1 with 717 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was enjoying the Sailing one until they got becalmed and it was abandoned.

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:09 - Aug 1 with 661 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:17 - Aug 1 by Metallica_Hoop

She isn’t a trans athlete though.

I’m not advocating for her inclusion, just think it’s important that we get the facts straight on this issue otherwise we all just look like angry Frank from Harry Endfield getting furious at imagined scenarios.

[Post edited 1 Aug 17:13]
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:14 - Aug 1 with 619 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:09 - Aug 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

She isn’t a trans athlete though.

I’m not advocating for her inclusion, just think it’s important that we get the facts straight on this issue otherwise we all just look like angry Frank from Harry Endfield getting furious at imagined scenarios.

[Post edited 1 Aug 17:13]

I realised that after, there was some confusion in the reports I read.

Looks like a trans though!

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:15 - Aug 1 with 615 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 15:38 - Aug 1 by G_Ottershaw

This is an article designed to infuriate not inform, and it has succeeded.
Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 17:15 - Aug 1 with 616 viewsMalintabuk

Paris 2024 Olympics Frederique on 14:26 - Aug 1 by ChrisNW6

Every female boxer needs to refuse to fight across all weight divisions. How have the Olympic committee let it go this far. Going to possibly overshadow the whole event.

It will be a total shame that an athlete that as trained, sweated, and pushed for 4 years to compete, to just not do that, compete.
But fully agree if they get in the ring and then just throw the towel in before the match, it will say more about this travesty than anything else.
It will also devalue the medal which imo the OC have already done
Yes there as to be more diversity and more understanding in this life, but unfortunately this is not a fair match and it has to be rethink how we can include these athletes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024