Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers 18:33 - Oct 4 with 11317 viewsHuw57

Has gone.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Brendan Rodgers on 08:51 - Oct 5 with 2142 viewswaynekerr55

Brendan Rodgers on 08:48 - Oct 5 by Landore_Jack

Analysis by chief football writer Phil McNulty

At the heart of Rodgers' demise at Liverpool was a failed, flawed recruitment policy that saw nearly £292m spent since his arrival in the summer of 2012 - but most of the world-class talent he possessed walk out of the door.

Analysis and Phil McNulty

The guys a cretin. Massive suck hole for Dalglish and his cronies

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Brendan Rodgers on 09:05 - Oct 5 with 2121 viewsraynor94

Brendan Rodgers on 08:51 - Oct 5 by waynekerr55

Analysis and Phil McNulty

The guys a cretin. Massive suck hole for Dalglish and his cronies

Well he's spot on with his assessment, 292 million!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Brendan Rodgers on 09:21 - Oct 5 with 2104 viewsJackSomething

Brendan Rodgers on 09:05 - Oct 5 by raynor94

Interesting bit in that piece that Rodgers stated categorically that Balotelli would not be be joining days before he signed. I can't imagine it's enjoyable to be put in that kind of situation. The fact he's barely used £29m Firmino this season suggests he wasn't someone he wanted either.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Brendan Rodgers on 11:21 - Oct 5 with 2042 viewswaynekerr55

Brendan Rodgers on 09:05 - Oct 5 by raynor94

That's not his net spend though, is it?

Brendan Rodgers on 11:26 - Oct 5 with 2033 viewsDarran

Brendan Rodgers on 11:21 - Oct 5 by waynekerr55

That's not his net spend though, is it?

It's £106million over three years Wayne.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brendan Rodgers on 11:32 - Oct 5 with 2025 viewswaynekerr55

Brendan Rodgers on 11:26 - Oct 5 by Darran

It's £106million over three years Wayne.

Precisely.

Cock suckers like McNulty drive me wild. Yes men who provide no insight and cosy up to the established order. Did he write "Kenny Dalglish's teams played good football too"? That's what he always used to when critiquing Brendan.

He's embarrassing. "Phil Neville - please be my mate."

Brendan Rodgers on 11:54 - Oct 5 with 1992 viewsDewi1jack

Brenda got us up, though he had a good system/ trained squad in place from previous managers, so can't take the credit on his own.
But he is the man who got enough out of some pretty average players, to do it.
Even with certain players publicly saying we weren't good enough to stay up, he motivated the players enough for us to stay up as well.
He ensured we got compo for him and others moving on.
That helped the club financially
Thanks Brenda
Just add another page to your dossier on how long it takes to pack up and move.
I for one, wish you good luck for the future, until you're on the opposition to us that is. Then you'll get grief as all others do.
But that's just football.
Can't understand the animosity of some towards the bloke. He always struck me as decent when talking to him.
His soundbites/ press conferences on the other hand, have always got on my tits.

So on decency, I'd take Brenda over the Tapas waiter anyday.
But we went back with Yorath after he walked away for a bigger club (didn't go well at either!!!) and I believe that we should only move forward.
So. A no from me on Brenda coming back here.
But, good luck to him for the future all the same.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Brendan Rodgers on 13:04 - Oct 5 with 1958 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Brendan Rodgers on 19:26 - Oct 4 by Oldjack

he'd not cope with our tiny budget

But he did. Didn't you notice?

It's a big budget that he can't cope with.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Brendan Rodgers on 13:09 - Oct 5 with 1955 viewsDewi1jack

Brendan Rodgers on 13:04 - Oct 5 by Joe_bradshaw

OJ is definitely consistent.
He's never let any hard facts get in the way of his opinion

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Brendan Rodgers on 13:38 - Oct 5 with 1911 viewsWhiterockin

Brendan Rodgers on 14:12 - Oct 5 with 1887 viewsNookiejack

Brendan Rodgers on 13:38 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

It will be interesting if Klopp is not given final say on transfers - so doesn't go to Liverpool.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3260298/Jurgen-Klopp-demand-fi

That would leave Ancelloti but would he really want to go to Liverpool with their current squad?
Brendan Rodgers on 14:45 - Oct 5 with 1859 viewsNookiejack

This is quite interesting as well. The sacking could cost Liverpool £10m.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11911780/Brendan-Rodge

Apparently (from the article) he also been involved in a multi-million pound divorce dispute with his estranged wife Susan over a property empire that consists of 102 houses
Brendan Rodgers on 15:36 - Oct 5 with 1820 viewslondonlisa2001

Brendan Rodgers on 21:39 - Oct 4 by WarwickHunt

I'd take Cullis back before the slimeball.

Fair enough.

I can't be bothered holding grudges against them - I wouldn't trust many of them further than I could throw them to be honest (managers, players, whatever).

I simply preferred the football under Martinez (albeit that our defence was ropey!!)

Some of the games under him were the best I ever saw in terms of sheer exhilarating enjoyment.

I understand those that can't forgive him though.

My issue with Rodgers was not the football - what he achieved was brilliant although at points in that 1st season we ended up passing back and forth for the sake or it I thought (QPR away for example), and it seems that those who have a personal experience of him speak highly of him (Darran, Lorraine etc) which is great.

I just really disliked all the ego driven management speak crap he came out with. In the championship and the first few weeks of the PL it didn't really show very much, but there was a point during that PL season where he seemed to just flip, and started to believe all the hype. Some of the comments I found excruciating - the Sunderland away game was beyond belief and I remember one occasion he was on MOTD 2 or similar, and he was unbearably smug and took credit for everything.

As I say - no matter - I wouldn't mind if he ever came back as it doesn't worry me if I like them or not, and actually it may be that this experience will tone down his ego somewhat.

The issue he had as a manager of Liverpool wouldn't matter so much here, as I think he has a genuine talent with younger players, and bringing out the best in 'lesser' players, but he can't manage the 'top' players. I imagine his ego can't stand the competition.
Brendan Rodgers on 16:00 - Oct 5 with 1797 viewsJackSomething

I saw a mail on a football site from a Liverpool fan suggesting they should go for Laudrup. Made me giggle, as did their suggestion that Swansea had 'dealt him a horrible blow'.

Brendan Rodgers on 18:29 - Oct 5 with 1715 viewsLandore_Jack

Interesting.......

Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was reportedly consistently blocked from signing Swansea City centre-back Ashley Williams when he was in charge at Anfield.

According to various reports (via Gareth Vincent of the South Wales Evening Post), Rodgers was eager to sign 31-year-old Williams but was denied his No. 1 target by the Liverpool hierarchy, as he was considered too old, and Mamadou Sakho, 25, was bought instead.

#backtojack

Brendan Rodgers on 18:44 - Oct 5 with 1698 viewsOldjack

Brendan Rodgers on 13:04 - Oct 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Errm he'd not cope with our tiny budget NOW, all that money he had to play with at diverpool spoilt him and can ruin a man's focus ,and it seems it has

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Brendan Rodgers on 19:33 - Oct 5 with 1658 viewsplasjack

Brendan Rodgers on 18:29 - Oct 5 by Landore_Jack

Interesting.......

Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was reportedly consistently blocked from signing Swansea City centre-back Ashley Williams when he was in charge at Anfield.

According to various reports (via Gareth Vincent of the South Wales Evening Post), Rodgers was eager to sign 31-year-old Williams but was denied his No. 1 target by the Liverpool hierarchy, as he was considered too old, and Mamadou Sakho, 25, was bought instead.

How long has Ashley got in his career for us, he will be hard to replace in a few years time.
Brendan Rodgers on 02:24 - Oct 6 with 1538 viewsWanderer

it's all about timing in football, just missed out on the Newport job!
Brendan Rodgers on 06:51 - Oct 6 with 1500 viewsRancid

When he was here I think we all hung on to his every last word.Whether it be praising the city, the fans or the club in general and we all purred.It was only when he left that some turned on him and hearing the same soundbites he used here said at another club we found irritating and he became a joke especially when Liverpool struggled.I liked the man and still think he's up there with Tosh as our best ever.We knew he'd go eventually as he said he would and the clause he insisted on being put in place was a great gesture no matter how cynical we can be.I hoped he'd succeed at Liverpool at first and was proud a club of their stature came in for him unlike Wigan for example but once he left his wife had his teeth done and generally thought his shit was Cadbury's I lost all respect for him and found him annoying to the point where I could barely watch him in an interview.The Sunderland gig or a move to Spain will be his next move I think.Maybe the Sunderland gig is too soon though but I can see him heading for LaLiga.
Brendan Rodgers on 06:51 - Oct 6 with 1500 viewsDr_Winston

He'll end up somewhere like Villa or Newcastle and probably do quite well with reduced expectations.

Whilst for me his self confidence/ego led him to take on a job the size of Liverpool far too early in his managerial career, I don't doubt that a lot of the blame for their piss poor transfer market activity is falling on him unfairly.

Don't think he's done himself too many favours with the relentless stream of bullshit pouring out of his mouth either, but then I've never been a fan of managers like that anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan Rodgers on 07:50 - Oct 6 with 1467 viewsLandore_Jack

What about that gentleman's agreement he broke after signing Joe Allen? An agreement which prevented Brendan signing any Swans player for 12 months.

#backtojack

Brendan Rodgers on 08:04 - Oct 6 with 1454 viewsWarwickHunt

Brendan Rodgers on 07:50 - Oct 6 by Landore_Jack

What about that gentleman's agreement he broke after signing Joe Allen? An agreement which prevented Brendan signing any Swans player for 12 months.

At double the market value he was welcome to take the whole squad.
Brendan Rodgers on 08:52 - Oct 6 with 1420 viewsJackSomething

Brendan Rodgers on 06:51 - Oct 6 by Rancid

When he was here I think we all hung on to his every last word.Whether it be praising the city, the fans or the club in general and we all purred.It was only when he left that some turned on him and hearing the same soundbites he used here said at another club we found irritating and he became a joke especially when Liverpool struggled.I liked the man and still think he's up there with Tosh as our best ever.We knew he'd go eventually as he said he would and the clause he insisted on being put in place was a great gesture no matter how cynical we can be.I hoped he'd succeed at Liverpool at first and was proud a club of their stature came in for him unlike Wigan for example but once he left his wife had his teeth done and generally thought his shit was Cadbury's I lost all respect for him and found him annoying to the point where I could barely watch him in an interview.The Sunderland gig or a move to Spain will be his next move I think.Maybe the Sunderland gig is too soon though but I can see him heading for LaLiga.

I tend to agree with what you're saying and I do tend to see the best in our managers, but I do remember feeling very uncomfortable after his comments following the Sunderland away game. Really made me cringe and found myself noticing his self-promotion more and more after that.

Brendan Rodgers on 08:54 - Oct 6 with 1417 viewsJackSomething

Brendan Rodgers on 07:50 - Oct 6 by Landore_Jack

I agree with Warwick. Gentleman's agreement or not, I'm sure Huw was willing to forget all about that when Liverpool offered £15m. No-one can claim that we weren't the winners from that deal.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 8:54]

Brendan Rodgers on 14:42 - Oct 6 with 1340 viewsswan_si

Brendan Rodgers on 08:54 - Oct 6 by JackSomething

I agree with Warwick. Gentleman's agreement or not, I'm sure Huw was willing to forget all about that when Liverpool offered £15m. No-one can claim that we weren't the winners from that deal.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 8:54]

I thought the "gentleman's agreement" came after he signed Joe, but he did spoil our chances of signing Gylfi, trying to sign him for Liverpool, eventually losing out to Spurs.
but, in the words of Brendan, individually, and as a team, moving forward, we got our man in the end.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024