Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarkson Suspended 16:54 - Mar 10 with 39913 viewsEsgaroth

BBC have just announced that Jezza has been suspended after a fracas with a BBC producer.

If they cancel Top Gear they can whistle for the TV licence, its the only thing worth watching on the BBC
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 16:55]

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Clarkson Suspended on 11:53 - Mar 11 with 2665 viewsDiscodroids

Clarkson Suspended on 11:51 - Mar 11 by Pommyhoop

There you go again with the
'' oh so very clever pop culture references''

hope he likes my you tube comment on rising damp ..

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Clarkson Suspended on 11:54 - Mar 11 with 2667 viewsFDC

Clarkson Suspended on 10:52 - Mar 11 by Konk

I do not understand what the Offensive brigade get out of life by being constantly offensive. I also don't understand how we've got to the stage where some self-pitying, middle-class, white, English males have somehow managed to imagine themselves as some sort of put-upon group with the odds stacked against them, when in fact, pretty much everything is tilted in their favour.

It's entirely possible to enjoy life without being a sneering cu nt like Clarkson and Co.

Clarkson's made a career out of playing to conservative male persecution fantasies.
Clarkson Suspended on 11:54 - Mar 11 with 2667 viewsbob566

thank god ghadi or john lennon aren't around to read this thread.

Top Gear is ok. Of course it's contrived. Just watch the episode in albania. Do you really think James May and the camera crew in tow are relly trying to outrun the albanian ROZZERS and get away!

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this whole hitting a producer thing is contrived too for some reason or another.

The people who knock it are the same people who have a pop at one direction for ruining music. Fair play to them i say. Multimillionaires and haven't even hit their mid twenties yet loads of people put them down. Theres an audience for them too.

Point i'm trying to say is that for every band, tv program, book, piece of art its all subjective.

Time to chill.

Clarkson Suspended on 11:57 - Mar 11 with 2658 viewsMaggsinho

Apparently punched the producer because there was no catering laid on at the end of the day's filming.

Hard to equate that to being the victim of a left wing, liberal bias against middle class white chaps.
Clarkson Suspended on 11:58 - Mar 11 with 2654 views1BobbyHazell

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Ok, I'm starting to get confused now!

Like I said if you feel under represented, unheard, unfairly treated etc JUST because of being white, male and middle class you're not trying hard enough to look at the positives in the hand birth has dealt you.

I put JUST in capitals above because of course anyone from anywhere can find life tough, painful, stressful, too much etc etc. We're all sentient beings suffering in the restrictions of this vibrationally dense planet. But saying life is tougher just because of being an english middle class male would suggest that you might benefit from growing a pair and manning up a little.

Anyway, love, starting with the self is definitely the key.
Clarkson Suspended on 12:04 - Mar 11 with 2623 viewsDiscodroids

Clarkson Suspended on 11:58 - Mar 11 by 1BobbyHazell

Ok, I'm starting to get confused now!

Like I said if you feel under represented, unheard, unfairly treated etc JUST because of being white, male and middle class you're not trying hard enough to look at the positives in the hand birth has dealt you.

I put JUST in capitals above because of course anyone from anywhere can find life tough, painful, stressful, too much etc etc. We're all sentient beings suffering in the restrictions of this vibrationally dense planet. But saying life is tougher just because of being an english middle class male would suggest that you might benefit from growing a pair and manning up a little.

Anyway, love, starting with the self is definitely the key.

i thought' love' was the key??

Clarkson Suspended on 12:05 - Mar 11 with 2621 views1BobbyHazell

Clarkson Suspended on 12:04 - Mar 11 by Discodroids

i thought' love' was the key??

Tough love when needed brother, tough love when needed. x

I must admit there was the deliberately , admittedly well hidden, ironic nuance in my 'manning up' bit around using the type of language often used by those I was discussing.

ie the whole 'bloody pissy knickered liberals always complaining' type language used by people who often themselves seem to be in a state of semi permanent complaint whilst clearly struggling with uncomfortable underwear.

I still think it's all about love though and this...

No one will find that video annoying at all. Definitely not.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 12:13]
Clarkson Suspended on 12:08 - Mar 11 with 2609 viewsTheBlob

Clarkson Suspended on 11:57 - Mar 11 by Maggsinho

Apparently punched the producer because there was no catering laid on at the end of the day's filming.

Hard to equate that to being the victim of a left wing, liberal bias against middle class white chaps.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Clarkson Suspended on 12:16 - Mar 11 with 2567 viewsDiscodroids

while were at it gents, i quite dislike masterchefs gregg wallace...can we arrange a wet detail of LFW'ers to take him round the back of the school end shithouse and have the smug baldy fuc kbag shot?

thanks.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 12:25]

Clarkson Suspended on 12:18 - Mar 11 with 2562 viewsPommyhoop

Middle class and working class?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Clarkson Suspended on 12:20 - Mar 11 with 2554 viewsKonk

Clive — statistics show that in the UK, as a group, white, middle-class males tend to live longer, healthier lives, earn more money, gain more/higher qualifications, live in more prosperous locations in better quality housing etc than other demographics. Is that even disputable? Drive round the prosperous parts of the country and tell me what most of the people look like. I think that being born into that group means that you have more opportunities and access to the benefits that automatically follow (unless you’re an absolute fu ck-up). You don’t. Fine. If you’ve got stats showing anything to the contrary i.e. women earn more than men on average, there are a disproportionate number of Black women from working class backgrounds in FTSE boardrooms etc then that would be interesting.

“Spazzies” - We were discussing this infatuation with put-upon. Omnipresent media presences like Jeremy Clarkson constantly whinging about not being able to say anything without being attacked by the “PC brigade” — In Clarkson’s case, that’s included laughing at Gordon Brown for being partially blind, and remarking that a car ''was a bit wrong — that smiling front end — it looked like a simpleton — should have been called the 430 Speciale Needs''. In Jeremy’s mind, there’s clearly nothing wrong with taking the pi ss out of people with disabilities. It’s all megalolz. Which was pretty much my worldview in the days of Joey Deacon on Blue Peter…when I was about eight. That’s why I mentioned it in relation to “PC”.

I have no problem at all with “white guilt” — I’m very happy in my (white) skin. I just acknowledge that statistically, I’m likely to have had more life-opportunities than a lot of people from other backgrounds, purely because I was born a white male in the UK. And if you think that white, middle-class British views aren’t represented in the public domain, then try picking up a copy of the Mail, Times, Telegraph etc. I think you’d find them comforting. As for my background — working class upbringing in low income household, left school at 16 etc, but now probably lower-middle-class, depending on how you measure these things. And if I hadn't been born in London and able to get a job in the City with fu ck-all qualifications, I doubt I'd have had such a fortunate life either. No idea what I'd be doing if I'd grown-up in Barrow instead. So, that's an extra dollop of luck right there.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 12:26]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Clarkson Suspended on 12:23 - Mar 11 with 2539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Clarkson Suspended on 10:52 - Mar 11 by Konk

I do not understand what the Offensive brigade get out of life by being constantly offensive. I also don't understand how we've got to the stage where some self-pitying, middle-class, white, English males have somehow managed to imagine themselves as some sort of put-upon group with the odds stacked against them, when in fact, pretty much everything is tilted in their favour.

It's entirely possible to enjoy life without being a sneering cu nt like Clarkson and Co.

The persecution complex isn't the sole preserve of the persecuted.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clarkson Suspended on 12:27 - Mar 11 with 2519 views1BobbyHazell

Clarkson Suspended on 12:16 - Mar 11 by Discodroids

while were at it gents, i quite dislike masterchefs gregg wallace...can we arrange a wet detail of LFW'ers to take him round the back of the school end shithouse and have the smug baldy fuc kbag shot?

thanks.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 12:25]

Politically neutral figures that all of LFW can bond together in hatred for. Like it.

Or more of this
Clarkson Suspended on 12:30 - Mar 11 with 2705 viewsR_from_afar

His behaviour is wholly unacceptable and no matter how entertaining people find him (and I am not in that camp), there is no excuse for it.

I've never been a fan but something which really set me against him in the past was when it emerged that he had misrepresented the performance of an electric vehicle for comic effect. The BBC nearly got sued by the manufacturer.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Clarkson Suspended on 12:32 - Mar 11 with 2288 viewssimmo

I can't believe people give tha much of a shit. Top Gear has been w@nk for ages and Clarkson is a bit of a bell end.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clarkson Suspended on 12:33 - Mar 11 with 2279 viewsTheBlob

Clarkson Suspended on 12:23 - Mar 11 by BrianMcCarthy

The persecution complex isn't the sole preserve of the persecuted.

You'll know the full weight of the word "persecution" if we get relegated.

Clarkson Suspended on 12:34 - Mar 11 with 2269 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Clarkson Suspended on 12:33 - Mar 11 by TheBlob

You'll know the full weight of the word "persecution" if we get relegated.

Ah, but we still won't be as 'persecuted' as poor Chelsea or put-upon Man United!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clarkson Suspended on 12:35 - Mar 11 with 2269 viewsKonk

Yeah, Clive; it's not just the Guardian and the BBC - the Mail, Sun, Telegraph, Times, Express, SKY News etc have been falling over themselves to label anyone questioning immigration levels as a racist for years.

Clarkson Suspended on 12:40 - Mar 11 with 2250 viewsPommyhoop

Clarkson Suspended on 12:32 - Mar 11 by simmo

I can't believe people give tha much of a shit. Top Gear has been w@nk for ages and Clarkson is a bit of a bell end.

I've never 'got it'' mate. Mind you Ive never been a petrol head and always looked on cars as being a slightly more personal version of the bus. Driving for me is a necessary evil. Apart from on the beach .That's fun...
I think I've only seen about half an episode of TG .The one where Jamiroquai did his speed test thingy round the track. He was a tidy little driver.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Clarkson Suspended on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 2243 viewsTheBlob

Clarkson Suspended on 12:34 - Mar 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, but we still won't be as 'persecuted' as poor Chelsea or put-upon Man United!

Yes you can attract an awful lot of persecution for £150m.

Clarkson Suspended on 12:45 - Mar 11 with 2242 viewsSonofNorfolt

Clarkson Suspended on 20:41 - Mar 10 by dolcelatte

Met him on numerous occasions. Far from it actually but hey its the rule on here that if you are popular with the general public be it comedian, TV presenter, musician then you are automatically a w♤nker. Sad but true.

He's still an unfunny smug vvanker.
Clarkson Suspended on 12:46 - Mar 11 with 2236 viewsMrSheen

Clarkson Suspended on 11:54 - Mar 11 by FDC

Clarkson's made a career out of playing to conservative male persecution fantasies.

I thought he had made a career out of making TV programmes enjoyed by people all over the world. Not by me though, cars bore me shyteless, up there with gardening, decorating and celebrities, but each to their own.
Clarkson Suspended on 12:52 - Mar 11 with 2219 viewsR_from_afar

Clarkson Suspended on 19:32 - Mar 10 by TheBlob

Sue Perkins knows a lot about cars.

Nice one LOL

I'd still be more likely to watch Top Gear if she were presenting it...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Clarkson Suspended on 12:58 - Mar 11 with 2136 viewsTheBlob

Clarkson Suspended on 12:52 - Mar 11 by R_from_afar

Nice one LOL

I'd still be more likely to watch Top Gear if she were presenting it...

RFA

They named a diesel engine after her.

Clarkson Suspended on 13:02 - Mar 11 with 2120 viewsKonk

Okay, I give up. Britain isn't really dominated by white, middle-class males. There may be a lot of second-generation Indian Doctors, Accountants, Opticians etc, but are they running the country? Which of our institutions aren't dominated by white males? Go for a drive round the prosperous parts of the home counties and tell me which demographic is represented disproportionately. Anyhow, I doubt you'll win me over to your viewpoint, and I've no chance with you, so I'm going to crack on with the work I've been neglecting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024