Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarkson Suspended 16:54 - Mar 10 with 39912 viewsEsgaroth

BBC have just announced that Jezza has been suspended after a fracas with a BBC producer.

If they cancel Top Gear they can whistle for the TV licence, its the only thing worth watching on the BBC
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 16:55]

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Clarkson Suspended on 10:15 - Mar 11 with 2623 viewsjohncharles

Clarkson Suspended on 10:03 - Mar 11 by TheBlob

So you prefer conversing with yourself?
Gives new resonance to the old saying that misery loves its own company.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 10:04]

Says the old curmudgeon

Strong and stable my arse.

Clarkson Suspended on 10:20 - Mar 11 with 2610 viewsPhildo

My kids love it and are gutted its not on Sunday night. I used to like it but its all gone downhill and they look ancient now and are clearly running out of ideas.

Clarkson was caught playing away a while ago wasnt he and was turfed out by his missus. Has had the look of a man with a bit of a death wish about him for a while.

Very tedious that the thread goes in to lefties v righties territory again. What more is there to say about all that? FWIW I think discourse on here has gone downhill over the past year. I dont find Discodroids posts funny and have used the ignore facility. I note that he sometimes responds to criticsm by calling people teenage wnkers. For the record i am a 44 year old right of centre male. If my teenage boy wants to post on here I hope he does though without someone accusing him of making tissues stiff. We were the future once and all that. There are fantastic threads here though and posters although i note that a fair few seem to have gone silent. Clives work is off the scale and hats off to him for all he does.

Maybe we are all bad tempered because of the reason we are all here - ie Rangers -being a bit depressing overall. Maybe it is just middle age.....
Clarkson Suspended on 10:26 - Mar 11 with 2586 viewsTheBlob

The biggest personal beef with TG was the way,by example, it encouraged loutish behaviour on the roads.I got fed up with the attitude that it's okay to go tearing around the countryside and public highways propelling all manner of innocent mammals into the hedgerows and culverts.I got fed up with the saturday night spectacle of souped up Nissans driven by pinhead juveniles barely able to see over the steering wheel and blinded by all that Clearasil doing doughnuts.
So I came out to the country where pinhead juveniles who can barely see over the steering wheel and are blinded by sheepshit do doughnuts.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Clarkson Suspended on 10:31 - Mar 11 with 2567 viewsDiscodroids

Clarkson Suspended on 10:20 - Mar 11 by Phildo

My kids love it and are gutted its not on Sunday night. I used to like it but its all gone downhill and they look ancient now and are clearly running out of ideas.

Clarkson was caught playing away a while ago wasnt he and was turfed out by his missus. Has had the look of a man with a bit of a death wish about him for a while.

Very tedious that the thread goes in to lefties v righties territory again. What more is there to say about all that? FWIW I think discourse on here has gone downhill over the past year. I dont find Discodroids posts funny and have used the ignore facility. I note that he sometimes responds to criticsm by calling people teenage wnkers. For the record i am a 44 year old right of centre male. If my teenage boy wants to post on here I hope he does though without someone accusing him of making tissues stiff. We were the future once and all that. There are fantastic threads here though and posters although i note that a fair few seem to have gone silent. Clives work is off the scale and hats off to him for all he does.

Maybe we are all bad tempered because of the reason we are all here - ie Rangers -being a bit depressing overall. Maybe it is just middle age.....

wtf have i got to do with clarkson ????, i just stand up for myself mate.

loads of people disagree with me on here and we get along just fine..i consider bri mcarthy a friend and have met essex taxi driver and paul parker who i also consider friends.

me and fdc, bobby hazell, aged r and bazza dont agree on politics and they give as good as they get and we get on fine.

i only respond to snide, weasel, louse posts that start on me first.

get your acts right before you lump me in as some sort of clarkson apologist.

christ you ertha kitts flap more than dianne abotts spiced ham at a public school opening.

and guess what ..i never , never post down arrows, like you do mate.only up ones.

if people dont like what i post who gives a fk!..what are you all.. some sort of witch finder general of the information superhighway ??

im off work this afternoon and going to the royal brompton hospital to take some boys and girls with cystic fbrosis out for 5 a side football , like ive been doing since 2003.

after listening to this shit on here spending time with these brave resolute children will be like putting my face in a fountain of evian and fresh flowers .

just a pack of little turds that jump on the bandwagon like a lefty gang rape. if only they could' get it up' without a picture of nigel farage at hand.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 10:51]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Clarkson Suspended on 10:41 - Mar 11 with 2518 viewsstevec

Good for you disco. I do not understand what the PC brigade get out of life by being constantly offended.

It's one persons opinion that just happens to be different to yours. So what? If we all had to toe the PC line and agree with each other the world would be a fckin boring place.
Clarkson Suspended on 10:47 - Mar 11 with 2488 viewsDiscodroids

Clarkson Suspended on 10:41 - Mar 11 by stevec

Good for you disco. I do not understand what the PC brigade get out of life by being constantly offended.

It's one persons opinion that just happens to be different to yours. So what? If we all had to toe the PC line and agree with each other the world would be a fckin boring place.

ta steve..just the usual bollocks mate, ive even had a disgusting thread started about me which they all jumPed on, theN it blew up in the OP'S Face.when i got over 20 pms in support.

sick to the fkn high teeth by self appointed moral code wolf packs .

i left posting on here for a week or so then i get half a dozen pm's asking me to come back and post , even a thread asking where i was that ran for two pages when i was on holiday a few weeks ago.

get tae fu ck with it all.

Clarkson Suspended on 10:48 - Mar 11 with 2483 viewsDiscodroids

in case you having trouble finding wood with the mrs / girlriend/concubine/muse/meat rack tonight, LFW.

we learned how to sneer in the east end after being sneered at for decades by the ruling classes .

no one quite sneers like a lefty, you can tell by the way the lips curl upward like cliff richard singing 'devil woman' when white van man puts up a st georges flag up.

[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 11:04]

Clarkson Suspended on 10:52 - Mar 11 with 2471 viewsKonk

I do not understand what the Offensive brigade get out of life by being constantly offensive. I also don't understand how we've got to the stage where some self-pitying, middle-class, white, English males have somehow managed to imagine themselves as some sort of put-upon group with the odds stacked against them, when in fact, pretty much everything is tilted in their favour.

It's entirely possible to enjoy life without being a sneering cu nt like Clarkson and Co.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Clarkson Suspended on 10:55 - Mar 11 with 2458 viewsLadbrokeGrover

I preferred Top Gear when Quentin Willson and Tiff were presenting< Both at the top of their game and utterly engaging.....

Clarkson Suspended on 10:56 - Mar 11 with 2450 viewsCiderwithRsie

Clarkson Suspended on 10:52 - Mar 11 by Konk

I do not understand what the Offensive brigade get out of life by being constantly offensive. I also don't understand how we've got to the stage where some self-pitying, middle-class, white, English males have somehow managed to imagine themselves as some sort of put-upon group with the odds stacked against them, when in fact, pretty much everything is tilted in their favour.

It's entirely possible to enjoy life without being a sneering cu nt like Clarkson and Co.

Nicely put Konk.

FWIW I've never understand why anyone gets worked up about Top Gear or Clarkson either for or against.

I don't think much of either the bloke or the programme, but other people do, so I just watch something else instead. It's not that difficult.
Clarkson Suspended on 11:02 - Mar 11 with 2426 views1BobbyHazell

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Well they seem to do a pretty decent job of it on here.

Life can be hard for anyone, but if you really want to divide society/the world into groups and decide who has it tough and who is at the top of the tree, then an English middle class male should really be focusing on the extremely fortunate positives of his position.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 11:03]
Clarkson Suspended on 11:05 - Mar 11 with 2411 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not a petrolhead so rarely watch it. Its now more of an entertainment than a programme about cars and I've never found Clarkson's boorishness entertaining.

He's got away with a great deal over the years because Top Gear us BBC2's most popular program and is sold around the world. This time he appears to have overstepped the mark and the BBC do not have any real choice.

Perhaps some different presenters can refresh the brand without losing the audience.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Clarkson Suspended on 11:07 - Mar 11 with 2402 viewsKonk

Really? You genuinely believe that? A bit of perspective helps. If you’re born in the UK, you’re a lucky bas tard compared to most people in the world. If you happen to be white, male and middle-class then the chances are you’ve almost automatically done better than most of the rest of the population when it comes to education, health, income, career, housing etc. The fact that some people think a healthy society would have a more equitable representation of people from different backgrounds (ethnic or gender) in positions of power and influence, and that it’s frowned upon to comment on your female colleagues’ tits, call people “Spazzies” or talk about “slopes” is hardly the end of the fu cking world is it?

Clarkson Suspended on 11:11 - Mar 11 with 2380 viewsKonk

Yeah, white, male, middle-class views are completely ignored in Britain. If it wasn’t for white, middle-class males packing parliament, boardrooms, the media, the upper echelons of the civil service, the judiciary, the military and the clergy, who would hear their tales of woe?

Clarkson Suspended on 11:16 - Mar 11 with 2378 viewsTheBlob

self-pitying, middle-class, white, English males....
but enough about Craven Cottage.

Clarkson Suspended on 11:16 - Mar 11 with 2373 views1BobbyHazell

Despite the best efforts of certain sections of the media attempting to tell you otherwise, the middle class male is comfortably the most dominant influence in our society. Just take a look at who holds all the real positions of power in politics, law, business, banking, entertainment, sport, policing etc etc etc, it's a f**king lockdown. So be it, but to then complain that he is an under represented voice is just f**king ludicrous.

They keep you wound up with stories of Muslim lesbian immigrants getting mansions for free, but that is just a sideshow circus, aimed at getting you to focus any dissatisfaction you have at other groups instead of us all joining together in a glorious revolution of love and overthrowing the.....
Clarkson Suspended on 11:17 - Mar 11 with 2371 viewsQPRski

I will just keep to the topic of TG and JC.

I like the show although I have been generally watching the back editions. However this current series is being shown live. Here I admit that the show has aged and is rather stale.

However, I am sure that the Beeb will make continue to make good money from the show as in Poland I can watch (should I wish) the old programs on a daily basis. It seems to be a major cash machine selling the old series.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 11:18]
Clarkson Suspended on 11:24 - Mar 11 with 2346 viewsstevec

Clarkson Suspended on 10:52 - Mar 11 by Konk

This is where you miss the point Konk. Whilst your views may be somewhat different to some on the board why do you automatically see those views as 'offensive'?

I guess your views are different to mine but I cannot ever imagine my conceiving them as offensive, they're just your views. Do you ever get the non PC brigade telling you to stop venting your views because they're offensive, No. I might disagree with your opinions but I'd defend your right to say them.

There's a saying, scratch a Liberal and you'll find a Fascist underneath. The PC brigade make me think there's something in that.
Clarkson Suspended on 11:32 - Mar 11 with 2781 viewsKonk

Clarkson Suspended on 11:24 - Mar 11 by stevec

This is where you miss the point Konk. Whilst your views may be somewhat different to some on the board why do you automatically see those views as 'offensive'?

I guess your views are different to mine but I cannot ever imagine my conceiving them as offensive, they're just your views. Do you ever get the non PC brigade telling you to stop venting your views because they're offensive, No. I might disagree with your opinions but I'd defend your right to say them.

There's a saying, scratch a Liberal and you'll find a Fascist underneath. The PC brigade make me think there's something in that.

I don’t have a problem with people holding opposing views to me — I don’t, for instance, have a problem with people voting UKIP or wanting an end to all immigration. I can quite happily accept people holding views which I really can’t begin to understand on all sorts of matters. Each to their own. What I don’t like is people getting the hump and feeling sorry for themselves, because “PC” conventions now mean that they’re no longer “allowed” to be thoughtlessly, needlessly offensive to others. I’d have thought that was common courtesy.

Clarkson Suspended on 11:36 - Mar 11 with 2759 views1BobbyHazell

Well it's more that just the elite, it goes all the way down the chain until you run out of middle class men.

Life is all about perception and what you make of it. I know ethnic minority people who feel hard done by/at a disadvantage because of what they look like and I know those who never give it a second thought and just get on with life.

Similarly, it would appear that there are white middle class males who feel life is unfair on them because of who they are and others who appreciate the luck of where they were born and just get on with it.

I think it's more about the individual than the actual situation. I sure if you exchanged those groups like a mass Freaky Friday experiment then those that felt hard done by before would find reason to again.

There are always ways to find peace and contentment if you are not struggling for basic needs.

Love is the key
Clarkson Suspended on 11:44 - Mar 11 with 2732 viewsTheBlob

Somehow I don't think this thread will make it to Friday.

Clarkson Suspended on 11:47 - Mar 11 with 2717 viewsDiscodroids

Clarkson Suspended on 11:36 - Mar 11 by 1BobbyHazell

Well it's more that just the elite, it goes all the way down the chain until you run out of middle class men.

Life is all about perception and what you make of it. I know ethnic minority people who feel hard done by/at a disadvantage because of what they look like and I know those who never give it a second thought and just get on with life.

Similarly, it would appear that there are white middle class males who feel life is unfair on them because of who they are and others who appreciate the luck of where they were born and just get on with it.

I think it's more about the individual than the actual situation. I sure if you exchanged those groups like a mass Freaky Friday experiment then those that felt hard done by before would find reason to again.

There are always ways to find peace and contentment if you are not struggling for basic needs.

Love is the key

'love is the key....'

used to be the banner over the dj booth at 'escape rom samsara' ( goa trance night)at the fridge in brixton back in the nineties .

still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

(i am trying here...)
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 11:49]

Clarkson Suspended on 11:48 - Mar 11 with 2718 viewsKonk

So when people bleat on about the PC brigade/Thought police or whatever, what exactly is it that they think they're being stopped from saying/thinking? Because, to take immigration as an example, I can't watch the news for a single day without it cropping-up in some story or other, the papers are full of it, as are radio phone-ins etc. And yet I'm always reading that we can't discuss immigration because of the PC brigade. Same with benefits.

Clarkson Suspended on 11:50 - Mar 11 with 2700 viewsTheBlob

Clarkson Suspended on 11:48 - Mar 11 by Konk

So when people bleat on about the PC brigade/Thought police or whatever, what exactly is it that they think they're being stopped from saying/thinking? Because, to take immigration as an example, I can't watch the news for a single day without it cropping-up in some story or other, the papers are full of it, as are radio phone-ins etc. And yet I'm always reading that we can't discuss immigration because of the PC brigade. Same with benefits.

Except that is always a one sided "discussion".

Clarkson Suspended on 11:51 - Mar 11 with 2696 viewsPommyhoop

Clarkson Suspended on 11:47 - Mar 11 by Discodroids

'love is the key....'

used to be the banner over the dj booth at 'escape rom samsara' ( goa trance night)at the fridge in brixton back in the nineties .

still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

(i am trying here...)
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 11:49]

There you go again with the
'' oh so very clever pop culture references''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024