Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad 08:22 - Feb 19 with 6915 viewsllangyfelach

Sad to see what this once great forum has become. In all the years I've posted on here I have never known it to be so aggressive, fractious, unpleasant and sad. There isn't a thread on here that doesn't get derailed from the original topic and degenerate into horrendous abuse. Shame really for the people like me, who just like to skim the threads and reply with the odd bit of nonsense. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had an LOL moment on here.

Shame.

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Sad on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 2242 viewsmax936

Sad on 12:37 - Feb 19 by monmouth

Is the Alma one of the pubs on Neath Road? Just in case I'm ever passing like.

No Monny go past Rossi's then turn right go past Shorts auto electricial under railway bridge turn left and follow rd up and around to the right and is a 3rd of the way along on the right, streets called Bennett st.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sad on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 2238 viewsPacemaker

Sad on 11:26 - Feb 19 by father_jack

too many bus 1 superfans on here imo.

Most of the bus 1 superfans left over a year ago people like MTJ, Swansforever, Stan and others because they were abused and prob found the site less than interesting.

The site is poorer for losing them.

I totally agree with Llangy its very aggressive and there are more agendas going on here than I can keep track of, the other sites seem to be similar whenever I read them, full of negativity and bile.

It seems Swans "fans" are eating themselves with negativity.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Sad on 12:45 - Feb 19 with 2230 viewsmonmouth

Sad on 12:42 - Feb 19 by max936

No Monny go past Rossi's then turn right go past Shorts auto electricial under railway bridge turn left and follow rd up and around to the right and is a 3rd of the way along on the right, streets called Bennett st.

Ah right, I sometimes call in the Globe and walk down that way. I've noticed the Station but not the Alma. Good ales?

Sorry off topic...can't be sad thinking about ale.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sad on 12:47 - Feb 19 with 2221 viewsmonmouth

Sad on 12:42 - Feb 19 by Pacemaker

Most of the bus 1 superfans left over a year ago people like MTJ, Swansforever, Stan and others because they were abused and prob found the site less than interesting.

I totally agree with Llangy its very aggressive and there are more agendas going on here than I can keep track of, the other sites seem to be similar whenever I read them, full of negativity and bile.

Oh yeah they were all good value and decent folk. Miss MTJ's ref insights (ie why they might not all be complete f*ckwits).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sad on 12:55 - Feb 19 with 2200 viewsApeShit

Sad on 12:45 - Feb 19 by monmouth

Ah right, I sometimes call in the Globe and walk down that way. I've noticed the Station but not the Alma. Good ales?

Its easy to miss, first time I went there I thought someone was selling cans in their front room!
Sad on 12:56 - Feb 19 with 2197 viewsDr_Winston

The average quality of Swans fans has plummeted since we started rising up the leagues. Some of the stuff I've seen posted in a number of online forums over the last few years (and this season in particular) has been staggeringly dumb. As the biggest site out there for us naturally PS has taken the brunt of that, although I never made a secret to Phil of my belief that a tougher moderating policy was needed.

These days discussing the Swans on the Internet is more of a habit than the pleasure it used to be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sad on 13:12 - Feb 19 with 2169 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sad on 12:42 - Feb 19 by Pacemaker

Absolutely right.

I've been on bus 1 a few times this season and it's full of sensible, committed Swans fans that neither overreact when we win or when we lose and who can discuss the Swans and agree to differ on occasions without unpleasantness.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sad on 13:33 - Feb 19 with 2140 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sad on 12:56 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

The average quality of Swans fans has plummeted since we started rising up the leagues. Some of the stuff I've seen posted in a number of online forums over the last few years (and this season in particular) has been staggeringly dumb. As the biggest site out there for us naturally PS has taken the brunt of that, although I never made a secret to Phil of my belief that a tougher moderating policy was needed.

These days discussing the Swans on the Internet is more of a habit than the pleasure it used to be.

Bring back the mods.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Sad on 13:39 - Feb 19 with 2127 viewsApeShit

Sad on 13:33 - Feb 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Bring back the mods.

Destroy and rebuild!
Sad on 15:55 - Feb 19 with 2035 viewsC_jack

Don't be fooled, there are 'mercenaries' who are doing their best to bring things down.

This board has always gone through peaks and troughs, could just do with a bit of cleansing.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Sad on 16:00 - Feb 19 with 2026 viewsskippyjack

Sad on 10:13 - Feb 19 by builthjack

There are a few who just want to argue all day and half the night. Get a life.

Give me a job

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Sad on 16:04 - Feb 19 with 2017 viewsJackanapes

"These days discussing the Swans on the Internet is more of a habit than the pleasure it used to be. "

is that because the same has to be said about actually watching them?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Sad on 17:17 - Feb 19 with 1967 viewsmax936

Tomas Watkins Cwrw Braf is a good pint, better than your run of the mill pints like Worthy although that's not bad in fairness, John Smiths on the other hand is awful.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sad on 17:22 - Feb 19 with 1958 viewsDr_Winston

Sad on 16:04 - Feb 19 by Jackanapes

"These days discussing the Swans on the Internet is more of a habit than the pleasure it used to be. "

is that because the same has to be said about actually watching them?

Spooky isn't it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sad on 19:39 - Feb 19 with 1881 viewsTreforys_Jack

Most of the time, I will be respectful and try to use humour, sarcasm or irony not necessarily in that order. I got a fair bit of abuse last night for my Sixpense - Bobjack tag team comment. I just to don't get how someone can get so wound up over a message board , i really don't. As someone alluded to earlier, social media, facebook etc have all contributed to this. I worry about future generations who will be incapable of debate and accepting other points of view. Problem with the internet is there are no or very rarely any consequences. Not aimed at sixpense in particular as I usually enjoy his well constructed posts.
Sad on 01:18 - Feb 20 with 1744 viewsBobJack

I am willing to bet that more Posters have left this site due to you and Darr, than me and Spratty / sixpenses.

That does not include Darran banning them.

Just you and Darrs continuous trolling and bullying and racism.

The 3 posters who have been banned and returned, were they by chance in a disagreement with you and Darr or were they your best buddies?

Jackfath, you have to be the biggest WUM ever. Just a shame you try to get posters banned, when they disagree with you.

Dont claim the abuse excuse, None worse than Darr, and Spratty never does. Chalk and cheese.

You and Darr both been banned from other Swans sites. You 2 leave here, which will never happen, but what a great site it would become.

Look forward to all your fans have a go at me, what a bad site this has become, if only we banned those 2 or 3, it is so funny to read, the last 24 hours have been hilarious, best ever, people backing Darr and criticising those against racism, homophobia and someone who wanted people to die of cancer while pretending to care for someone who..... oh the irony.

Carry on though........... best 24 hours for a long time. Embarrassed for so many.

e
[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 1:21]

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Sad on 01:31 - Feb 20 with 1736 viewsBobJack

Sad on 12:41 - Feb 19 by Aquinas

There has always been arguments on here, what's different about the board at the moment is that there are cliques forming and they just abuse posters indiscriminately.

I have never been a massive fan of Jackfath but he's basically being hounded at the moment, Darran is getting his fair share of abuse as well.

Also, if you're not constantly on this board you have no idea who any of the posters are because the abusers seem to have 2/3 usernames each.

The Margaret Thatcher thread as an example, may have been a little bit heated, but people were getting heated over political views and their interpretation of history. Now when a thread gets heated it is all about personal abuse and point scoring.

I used to read this board and either learn something new or have a laugh. Now I just count the posts it takes on each thread before it gets derailed. I rarely make it past the first page.

I agree, Jackfath admitted having more than 1 username.

There is no need to have more than one, at any one time.

If banned, I can understand having to use another one.

I have never known anyone on this forum to be banned if they agree and back 99% of what Darran says.

The only posters I know to have been banned or left due to racism or homophobic remarks are the ones who crossed paths with Darran.

Lets see who kisses which posters ass. Best 24 hours ever.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Sad on 05:40 - Feb 20 with 1702 viewsItchySphincter

Sad on 10:55 - Feb 19 by sixpenses

Hi Uxbridge was it a post by you on the other site that said you had not seen anyone banned from here except for being abusive.

You also (if it was you) correctly pointed out that others had not been banned whilst being equally abusive

If so can you please tell me when I was abusive

I had my Spratty account deleted without warning and for breaking no rules when I was reporting Darran's ongoing vile abuse, just as Phil in his sticky thread had asked us to report abuse.

p.s. wasn't Parlay also banned despite not being abusive
and Darran used to regularly ban people if they said something he did not agree with
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 11:18]

You posted many untrue and slanderous things about me in the past. Just as well I don't care.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sad on 07:48 - Feb 20 with 1675 viewsllangyfelach

I rest my f*cking case
[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 7:52]

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Sad on 08:25 - Feb 20 with 1646 viewsDDCH

It's always been the same Doc as long as I can remember. Huge arguments, lots of statements of how one side is better than the other. Lots of people join in and state one side is full of educationally sub normal types and they all have issues. One side eventually gives in and the former despised posters get assimilated into PS and the cycle starts again.

I just try and enjoy the best bits and ignore the bad

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Sad on 18:16 - Feb 20 with 1551 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Saw this advertised on the way home and immediately thought of Planet Swans...just need to photoshop a few avatars on to the heads of those people and change the venue to here.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Sad on 19:02 - Feb 20 with 1511 viewsBanosswan

Sad on 18:16 - Feb 20 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Saw this advertised on the way home and immediately thought of Planet Swans...just need to photoshop a few avatars on to the heads of those people and change the venue to here.

Blaze could do it if he hadn't been hounded out.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Sad on 19:21 - Feb 20 with 1471 viewstwotimejack

My comment was pulled why?

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Sad on 19:27 - Feb 20 with 1464 viewsUxbridge

I wouldn't. People like me go in there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sad on 19:29 - Feb 20 with 1457 viewsUxbridge

Sad on 10:55 - Feb 19 by sixpenses

Hi Uxbridge was it a post by you on the other site that said you had not seen anyone banned from here except for being abusive.

You also (if it was you) correctly pointed out that others had not been banned whilst being equally abusive

If so can you please tell me when I was abusive

I had my Spratty account deleted without warning and for breaking no rules when I was reporting Darran's ongoing vile abuse, just as Phil in his sticky thread had asked us to report abuse.

p.s. wasn't Parlay also banned despite not being abusive
and Darran used to regularly ban people if they said something he did not agree with
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 11:18]

How on earth am I supposed to know why you were banned. I really don't pay that sort of attention.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024