Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justice for Jeff 22:39 - Aug 30 with 4106 viewsJackfath

Amazing to see the Swans fans joining in with this today. I wonder if they knew why they were clapping?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Justice for Jeff on 10:21 - Aug 31 with 601 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 10:16 - Aug 31 by Catullus

I don't know either. And it's the herd mentality more than sheep. Humans (for the most part) have an inate desire to belong and be accepted.

Either that or to be in charge!!

There is a small minority, prevalent on football forums, who just want to annoy, wind up and/or insult.

I can assure you my friend that I am in no way trying to annoy, wind up or insult.

I agree with other aspects of your post though. No wonder social media is so popular amongst humans in the Western World.

"Please accept me, please see that I am trying to fit in and I'll do what others are doing just so I'm accepted".

I find it all fascinating.

Do you agree with my sentiments?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Justice for Jeff on 10:32 - Aug 31 with 586 viewsMattG

Justice for Jeff on 10:06 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Why wouldn't that be ok?

People seem to be thinking I have some motive for not bringing awareness to the situation Mr Astle's family find themselves in.

My point which nobody is recognising is the obvious "I'm clapping 'cos they are" syndrome and lack of self thought in today's society. It's frightening.

Your opening "Amazing to see Swans fans clapping along with this" post suggested that you felt we shouldn't be. Happy that's not the case.
Justice for Jeff on 10:32 - Aug 31 with 584 viewsPrivate_Partz

I must say I clapped and I had no idea why. I thought it must be for a good cause as everyone is doing it. I tend to trust my fellow JBs.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Justice for Jeff on 10:34 - Aug 31 with 580 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 10:32 - Aug 31 by MattG

Your opening "Amazing to see Swans fans clapping along with this" post suggested that you felt we shouldn't be. Happy that's not the case.

I think you've read it wrong my friend.

Justice for Jeff on 10:39 - Aug 31 with 570 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 10:32 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

I must say I clapped and I had no idea why. I thought it must be for a good cause as everyone is doing it. I tend to trust my fellow JBs.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! ;-)

Trust? Not sure trust comes into clapping in a football stadium? Do you also trust when singing that "England is full of shit"? Interesting.

Having read this board for a very long time, there are only a handful of people on here I would trust. I guess that's the same in the stadium a few people around me are genuine friends, the rest are people who st near me. I don't know them from Adam.

Reasons being there are people on here who would happily assault another jack just because they are unable to fathom another posters' viewpoint.

Justice for Jeff on 12:12 - Aug 31 with 543 viewsScoobyWho

I'm wondering why he needs justice, I realise he died from 'possibly' heading a football for years, but is this a cause really ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Justice for Jeff on 12:15 - Aug 31 with 539 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 12:12 - Aug 31 by ScoobyWho

I'm wondering why he needs justice, I realise he died from 'possibly' heading a football for years, but is this a cause really ?

Good for you. I like someone who is able to question things and make their own mind up. Not just go along with everyone else as because "as they're clapping it must be for a good cause and therefore I'll join in"

Justice for Jeff on 12:18 - Aug 31 with 537 viewsbluenile

Justice for Jeff on 09:09 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

The mutterings of "why are we clapping" and people saying "I'm clapping 'cos they are" led me to deduce that many, a high proportion didn't have a clue.

If I had no evidence I wouldn't have stated it.

That's surely not the point, you're insinuating that none of us knew about the history of what was happening, and why we were clapping.....................It's not always so that people clap for no reason, it's been quite common knowledge that Jeff Astle's family were campaigning about this issue. Please don't tar everyone with the same brush because you weren't aware.....its just looks like such a cheap shot.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Login to get fewer ads

Justice for Jeff on 12:21 - Aug 31 with 531 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 12:18 - Aug 31 by bluenile

That's surely not the point, you're insinuating that none of us knew about the history of what was happening, and why we were clapping.....................It's not always so that people clap for no reason, it's been quite common knowledge that Jeff Astle's family were campaigning about this issue. Please don't tar everyone with the same brush because you weren't aware.....its just looks like such a cheap shot.

Nonsense.

I would wager that well over half of the attendance yesterday would not have a clue who Jeff was from the banner that was unfurled.

Again, the evidence I base this assumption on is pointed out in my response.

Justice for Jeff on 12:24 - Aug 31 with 529 viewsScoobyWho

Justice for Jeff on 12:18 - Aug 31 by bluenile

Thing is they are campaigning for an issue that no longer exists.
Astles family need to let go.

Any old school footballer who headed balls pre 1986 needs to get their bonces tested etc, thereafter the balls were different, and today have no consequence as such. It goes without saying that if you continually plough your head in to anything fairly solid eventually something will give.

As I say what are they campaigning for ? The issue no longer exists.

Pointless.

Justice for Jeff on 12:36 - Aug 31 with 507 viewsbluenile

Justice for Jeff on 12:24 - Aug 31 by ScoobyWho

Thing is they are campaigning for an issue that no longer exists.
Astles family need to let go.

Any old school footballer who headed balls pre 1986 needs to get their bonces tested etc, thereafter the balls were different, and today have no consequence as such. It goes without saying that if you continually plough your head in to anything fairly solid eventually something will give.

As I say what are they campaigning for ? The issue no longer exists.

Pointless.

'Pointless' is a rather strong word to aim at a family who feel they have a genuine case, whether it's true or not.................it could have been said that the campaigners in the Hillsborough case could have been told the same......thank god they persevered eh? And then there's JF who manages to make an assumption of the proportion of the crowd who were unaware of the issue yesterday merely by noting a few people around him. The other point is that sometimes we can criticise people's viewpoint for no other good reason than we simply 'can'. Maybe there's a way to disagree without going down the "I'm always right" route.............it's very easy to belittle people, but harder to not do so, even when it's an easy option.......

Justice for Jeff on 12:42 - Aug 31 with 502 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 12:36 - Aug 31 by bluenile

'Pointless' is a rather strong word to aim at a family who feel they have a genuine case, whether it's true or not.................it could have been said that the campaigners in the Hillsborough case could have been told the same......thank god they persevered eh? And then there's JF who manages to make an assumption of the proportion of the crowd who were unaware of the issue yesterday merely by noting a few people around him. The other point is that sometimes we can criticise people's viewpoint for no other good reason than we simply 'can'. Maybe there's a way to disagree without going down the "I'm always right" route.............it's very easy to belittle people, but harder to not do so, even when it's an easy option.......

Do you honestly think a majority of people in the stadium would know of Jeff Astle's issues just be the unfurling of a banner entitle "Justice for Jeff"?

Justice for Jeff on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 491 viewsScoobyWho

Justice for Jeff on 12:36 - Aug 31 by bluenile

Well, its easy to believe the story lines pushed out by the media regards Hillsboro, but that is indeed an entirely different topic. And one which is easy to jump on because its justice for this and justice for that.

I actually stated the campaign is now pointless, not that it was a pointless campaign.

So no belittling was done, just a lack of understanding.

Justice for Jeff on 12:52 - Aug 31 with 488 viewsbluenile

Justice for Jeff on 12:42 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Do you honestly think a majority of people in the stadium would know of Jeff Astle's issues just be the unfurling of a banner entitle "Justice for Jeff"?

No.................but they would have done if they followed the numerous articles of late....................

Justice for Jeff on 12:53 - Aug 31 with 482 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 12:52 - Aug 31 by bluenile

No.................but they would have done if they followed the numerous articles of late....................

Do you think the majority of Swans fans at yesterdays game follow articles relating to Jeff Astle?

Justice for Jeff on 13:04 - Aug 31 with 473 viewsbluenile

Justice for Jeff on 12:53 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

Do you think the majority of Swans fans at yesterdays game follow articles relating to Jeff Astle?

Put like that....... "the majority of Swans fans"....... then according to you we must all be a bunch of unintelligent, illiterate people who are unable to comprehend the written word.......you're view of most of your fellow fans obviously differs to mine. I find the people who sit around me, barring one or two exceptions to be literate, friendly and relatively well-read individuals with whom I can engage in decent conversation. I know you like to appear as superior to most on here, but in this instance I believe you are showing complete ignorance of others. There's no need for it all the time. I personally find that when you make a statement, or a comment, it's hard to know if you're being direct or sarcastic, and I don't consider myself illiterate. That's me speaking mind, I have no wish to speak for any other poster on this forum. Anyway, if I don't reply much today after this, it's merely because I will very shortly be on the road, and off to Swindon , and not because I don't wish to engage in such conversation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024