Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justice for Jeff 22:39 - Aug 30 with 4105 viewsJackfath

Amazing to see the Swans fans joining in with this today. I wonder if they knew why they were clapping?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Justice for Jeff on 23:13 - Aug 30 with 910 viewsChief

Justice for Jeff on 23:12 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

Because I am not a sheep and prefer to make my own mind up and do some research.

Sorry if that offends.

you obviously aren't offended. but there we are.

enjoy your tedious boring, disrespectful existence

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Justice for Jeff on 23:15 - Aug 30 with 909 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 23:13 - Aug 30 by Chief

you obviously aren't offended. but there we are.

enjoy your tedious boring, disrespectful existence

You carry on being disrespectful towards me. I have explained my reasoning. You are unable to accept it and resort to abuse.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Justice for Jeff on 23:23 - Aug 30 with 888 viewsChief

Justice for Jeff on 23:15 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

You carry on being disrespectful towards me. I have explained my reasoning. You are unable to accept it and resort to abuse.

yeah, on balance you deserve it.

Justice for Jeff on 23:25 - Aug 30 with 878 viewsjackharris

Everyone around us knew it was due to Jeff Astle and his problem with dementia!

To be honest what did they expect after heading a stupidly hard ball in their careers.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 23:30]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Justice for Jeff on 23:25 - Aug 30 with 878 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 23:23 - Aug 30 by Chief

yeah, on balance you deserve it.

I find it difficult to comprehend why any intelligent adult would clap something they know nothing about just because other people are. "They are doing it, so I better join in".

No wonder people are unable to think for themselves and have to be told what to do continually in life.

Society is broken.

Justice for Jeff on 23:26 - Aug 30 with 878 viewsdickythorpe

Surely as unfortunate Jeffs demise was, isn't it like Muhammed Ali trying to kick up a fuss he got punched a few times?

Occupational hazard nothing more.
Justice for Jeff on 23:33 - Aug 30 with 863 viewsHighjack

Justice for Jeff on 23:26 - Aug 30 by dickythorpe

Surely as unfortunate Jeffs demise was, isn't it like Muhammed Ali trying to kick up a fuss he got punched a few times?

Occupational hazard nothing more.

I would tend to agree, and there are plenty of players from that era who would have headed the ball just as much who haven't suffered in later life, suggesting that this was just a tragic rarity rather than a certain link.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Justice for Jeff on 23:43 - Aug 30 with 849 viewsChief

Justice for Jeff on 23:25 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

I find it difficult to comprehend why any intelligent adult would clap something they know nothing about just because other people are. "They are doing it, so I better join in".

No wonder people are unable to think for themselves and have to be told what to do continually in life.

Society is broken.

if I was surrounded by people who looked ku klux klan members, don't get me wrong, I wouldnt join in if an applause broke out.

in a football ground where not just the hardcore, but women and kids were clapping all together and at a specific point in time, surely its a good bet that its in aid of a good cause is it not?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 23:44]

Login to get fewer ads

Justice for Jeff on 23:47 - Aug 30 with 840 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 23:43 - Aug 30 by Chief

if I was surrounded by people who looked ku klux klan members, don't get me wrong, I wouldnt join in if an applause broke out.

in a football ground where not just the hardcore, but women and kids were clapping all together and at a specific point in time, surely its a good bet that its in aid of a good cause is it not?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 23:44]

I am not disputing that its a good cause. I am questioning people clapping just because others are. Like mindless vessels unable to think or act for themselves without questioning anything.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I am the one who is odd. I am unable to help the way I feel. As I said earlier (and you responded disrespectfully) sorry if you find that offensive.

Justice for Jeff on 23:49 - Aug 30 with 835 viewsChief

Justice for Jeff on 23:47 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

I am not disputing that its a good cause. I am questioning people clapping just because others are. Like mindless vessels unable to think or act for themselves without questioning anything.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I am the one who is odd. I am unable to help the way I feel. As I said earlier (and you responded disrespectfully) sorry if you find that offensive.

if its a good cause, why wouldn't you just join in?

Justice for Jeff on 23:50 - Aug 30 with 831 viewsperchrockjack

Think it was his infamous miss at Mexico World Cup 70.most here were not then tadpoles

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Justice for Jeff on 23:54 - Aug 30 with 824 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 23:49 - Aug 30 by Chief

if its a good cause, why wouldn't you just join in?

Because I saw a banner for Justice For Jeff. I realised it was for Jeff Astle. I did not know ( and neither did the happy clappers around me) why they were clapping for justice for him.

At the time I did not know what It was about and therefore decided not to join in as I am not someone who just claps because others are doing so and therefore think I should join in.

There was another instance of this where there was a minutes applause for someone or something last season and I didn't join in then either.

Again, I prefer to think for myself and act on my judgments on whether to do something, not because others are doing so.

Justice for Jeff on 23:55 - Aug 30 with 821 viewsHighjack

Besic

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Justice for Jeff on 00:13 - Aug 31 with 805 viewsMorganator100

Claire Astle ‏@astle1968 · 6h
Amazing to see @SwansOfficial #swans fans applauding with #wba fans on 9 minutes. From all my family - Thank you so much X #justiceforjeff

This from his daughter on twitter.

Also a link to the campaign issue:-

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2014-08-16/west-bromwich-albion-to-dedicate-home

Jeff's widow, Laraine, and her daughters Dawn and Claire, are campaigning to get more awareness of the issue, after Jeff died aged 59 from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, a brain condition normally linked to boxing.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 0:15]
Justice for Jeff on 00:15 - Aug 31 with 801 viewsHighjack

Justice for Jeff on 00:13 - Aug 31 by Morganator100

Claire Astle ‏@astle1968 · 6h
Amazing to see @SwansOfficial #swans fans applauding with #wba fans on 9 minutes. From all my family - Thank you so much X #justiceforjeff

This from his daughter on twitter.

Also a link to the campaign issue:-

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2014-08-16/west-bromwich-albion-to-dedicate-home

Jeff's widow, Laraine, and her daughters Dawn and Claire, are campaigning to get more awareness of the issue, after Jeff died aged 59 from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, a brain condition normally linked to boxing.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 0:15]

Any pics of her?

Justice for Jeff on 00:16 - Aug 31 with 782 viewsMorganator100

Justice for Jeff on 00:15 - Aug 31 by Highjack

Any pics of her?

wife or daughter?
Justice for Jeff on 00:27 - Aug 31 with 772 viewsbluenile

Justice for Jeff on 22:55 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

I understand that fully. However when people don't know what they're "respecting", don't you think it's kind of stupid to clap?

JF why are you assuming none of us knew what it was about? Some of us can read and write these days.......................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Justice for Jeff on 01:23 - Aug 31 with 745 viewsBanosswan

Justice for Jeff on 23:10 - Aug 30 by Jackfath

They didnt know he had a serious affliction and still dont.

There may be a reason for that....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Justice for Jeff on 09:09 - Aug 31 with 663 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 00:27 - Aug 31 by bluenile

JF why are you assuming none of us knew what it was about? Some of us can read and write these days.......................

The mutterings of "why are we clapping" and people saying "I'm clapping 'cos they are" led me to deduce that many, a high proportion didn't have a clue.

If I had no evidence I wouldn't have stated it.

Justice for Jeff on 09:15 - Aug 31 with 655 viewsClinton

I'd have thought most supporters know about the campaign for Jeff.
Good player, one club man as far as I remember. I'm pleased his family appreciated our support.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Justice for Jeff on 09:19 - Aug 31 with 653 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 09:15 - Aug 31 by Clinton

I'd have thought most supporters know about the campaign for Jeff.
Good player, one club man as far as I remember. I'm pleased his family appreciated our support.

So am I.

Justice for Jeff on 10:01 - Aug 31 with 620 viewsMattG

Justice for Jeff on 09:09 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

The mutterings of "why are we clapping" and people saying "I'm clapping 'cos they are" led me to deduce that many, a high proportion didn't have a clue.

If I had no evidence I wouldn't have stated it.

I knew why and joined in.

The guy in the seat next to me asked why so I told him and he joined in.

Hope that's OK.
Justice for Jeff on 10:06 - Aug 31 with 615 viewsJackfath

Justice for Jeff on 10:01 - Aug 31 by MattG

I knew why and joined in.

The guy in the seat next to me asked why so I told him and he joined in.

Hope that's OK.

Why wouldn't that be ok?

People seem to be thinking I have some motive for not bringing awareness to the situation Mr Astle's family find themselves in.

My point which nobody is recognising is the obvious "I'm clapping 'cos they are" syndrome and lack of self thought in today's society. It's frightening.

Justice for Jeff on 10:16 - Aug 31 with 607 viewsCatullus

I don't know either. And it's the herd mentality more than sheep. Humans (for the most part) have an inate desire to belong and be accepted.

Either that or to be in charge!!

There is a small minority, prevalent on football forums, who just want to annoy, wind up and/or insult.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Justice for Jeff on 10:20 - Aug 31 with 598 viewsperchrockjack

W e re all like Bisho Frisses really. Always wanting to look good , to please and be loved.

Everybody need somebody to love

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024