Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Thompson 18:01 - Feb 20 with 2433 viewssweetcorn

Anyone else think the lad did well when he came on? Won every header when he came on and looked fairly dangerous, for me, joey has always had the makings of a striker rather than a winger, not confident enough for a winger, but has alot of the attributes to make a good striker, GREAT in the air, fast and hardworking. Would rather see him given a chance in this role, rather than given countless opportunities to play shocking on the wing.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Joey Thompson on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 1818 viewsmacro

straight choice between JT and Symes to replace JLAA tomorrow night
Joey Thompson on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 1811 viewsMHall963

completely agree, I have thought that he should be tried upfront for while now, as he doesnt have the natural dribbling ability to be a winger.
Joey Thompson on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 1811 viewsdalenumber2

Yes I agree with that - in the short time he was on he looked lively and quite dangerous. Hope our new management team can get the best out of him and he can now go from strength to strength.
Joey Thompson on 18:10 - Feb 20 with 1795 viewssandylaner1

initially would have preferred tutte to come on but joey impressed like you say, especially in the air.

and his finish when he was offside showed he's playing with a bit of confidence

but he still can't do anything right in a lot of people's eyes and I don't really see that ever changing ....
Joey Thompson on 18:26 - Feb 20 with 1761 viewsolympicdale

Joey Thompson on 18:10 - Feb 20 by sandylaner1

initially would have preferred tutte to come on but joey impressed like you say, especially in the air.

and his finish when he was offside showed he's playing with a bit of confidence

but he still can't do anything right in a lot of people's eyes and I don't really see that ever changing ....

His finish was quality, its what Adams should have done earlier when he had a similar chance, agree Joey T isnt a winger, he doesnt have the ability to dribble past a man but id like to see him given a chance up front as he's always done a good job in this position.

Life is a game of fate.

Joey Thompson on 19:19 - Feb 20 with 1661 viewsChaffRAFC

I've said for years that the lad is a striker and that he's our best attacking player in the air by miles. He's poor when he's played on the wing but looks a lot better when up front.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joey Thompson on 19:20 - Feb 20 with 1659 viewsSalwaDale

We always seem to debate his best position. He has impressed up top a few times. None more so that the comeback away at Morecambe where he replaced a very poor O'Grady and was very instrumental in the comeback. He did do well on Saturday and I hope he gets the chance to come off the bench again tomorrow night.

TBBT

Joey Thompson on 19:30 - Feb 20 with 1627 viewslurker

Some geezer next to me in the Sandy said that he and BBM should be shot before Joey came on. I didn't hear him complaining when Jonah scored the penalty that he won funnily enough!
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Thompson on 19:34 - Feb 20 with 1616 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 19:20 - Feb 20 by SalwaDale

We always seem to debate his best position. He has impressed up top a few times. None more so that the comeback away at Morecambe where he replaced a very poor O'Grady and was very instrumental in the comeback. He did do well on Saturday and I hope he gets the chance to come off the bench again tomorrow night.

A very ill O'Grady. And with a few fans wondering if he'd be worth keeping.

Thompson did ok on Saturday, but he's playing for his future now. His contract is up in the summer and at the moment he'd struggle to get another.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joey Thompson on 20:03 - Feb 20 with 1556 viewsDaleFan7

He won a couple of headers, nothing to really shout about tbh. With Symes back in the picture I would fully expect and hope Thompson was back out of it.
Joey Thompson on 20:11 - Feb 20 with 1540 viewssweetcorn

Joey Thompson on 20:03 - Feb 20 by DaleFan7

He won a couple of headers, nothing to really shout about tbh. With Symes back in the picture I would fully expect and hope Thompson was back out of it.

maybe you could join him? i reckon you sit in the main stand on match days, you moaning c*ck. he tried hard and won headers, he fully deserves to at least be on the bench again tomorrow night, why should symes walk straight into the team, he's hardly been pulling up tree's at bournemouth has he.

Joey Thompson on 20:33 - Feb 20 with 1502 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 20:11 - Feb 20 by sweetcorn

maybe you could join him? i reckon you sit in the main stand on match days, you moaning c*ck. he tried hard and won headers, he fully deserves to at least be on the bench again tomorrow night, why should symes walk straight into the team, he's hardly been pulling up tree's at bournemouth has he.

Symes was playing regularly at Bournemouth before they brought in Tubbs. They collected 16 points in his last 8 games. Most of their fans seemed pretty impressed with the was he was playing.

There's little doubt he'll start tomorrow, if fit.

Joey Thompson on 20:49 - Feb 20 with 1470 viewsSalwaDale

Joey Thompson on 20:33 - Feb 20 by 442Dale

Symes was playing regularly at Bournemouth before they brought in Tubbs. They collected 16 points in his last 8 games. Most of their fans seemed pretty impressed with the was he was playing.

Quite right too. I know O'Grady was ill that night and it was more a comment on the fact that JT can do it but he now needs to do it a little more regularly, whatever position that is.

TBBT

Joey Thompson on 20:50 - Feb 20 with 1464 viewsTalkingSutty

I dont think JT has the work ethic or physical stength to play up front. I just cant imagine him out muscling a couple of decent centre halves. In fact i reckon one good hard challenge would put him in his place for the rest of the game, he isnt tough enough.

He had a decent 10 minutes on Saturday but thats not enough, its about time he started to command a starting place, nobody can say he hasnt had the chances over he last few years. Not knocking the lad just saying it how i see it, a decent cameo every now and again isnt good enough.
Joey Thompson on 20:51 - Feb 20 with 1454 viewsBrierls

I've always thought JT was better suited to being a centre forward. He's very good in the air, has excellent workrate, and a good turn pace. He's also bulked up in the last 12 months or so.

I thought his hat-trick at Aldershot would have seen the change, but that didn't happen for whatever reason.

I like JT, but he was poor last season and hasn't featured much this season. He must be running out of chances.
Joey Thompson on 20:51 - Feb 20 with 1449 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 20:50 - Feb 20 by TalkingSutty

I dont think JT has the work ethic or physical stength to play up front. I just cant imagine him out muscling a couple of decent centre halves. In fact i reckon one good hard challenge would put him in his place for the rest of the game, he isnt tough enough.

He had a decent 10 minutes on Saturday but thats not enough, its about time he started to command a starting place, nobody can say he hasnt had the chances over he last few years. Not knocking the lad just saying it how i see it, a decent cameo every now and again isnt good enough.

Agree.

He hasn't moved forwards as a player since that hat-trick at Aldershot three years ago.

Joey Thompson on 23:32 - Feb 20 with 1379 viewsDaleFan7

I don't sit in the main stand and Symes should walk in because he is 10x the player Thompson will ever be. He should give us more of a goal threat and hopefully will be here full term during the summer! Most people have agreed with me after i posted this so why haven't you replied to all their's calling them moaning cocks?

I posted my opinion on what I have observed on Saturday and the last 3-4 seasons, if you can't deal with someone having a different opinion to you, why are you using a forum!?
Joey Thompson on 00:55 - Feb 21 with 1340 viewssweetcorn

Joey Thompson on 23:32 - Feb 20 by DaleFan7

I don't sit in the main stand and Symes should walk in because he is 10x the player Thompson will ever be. He should give us more of a goal threat and hopefully will be here full term during the summer! Most people have agreed with me after i posted this so why haven't you replied to all their's calling them moaning cocks?

I posted my opinion on what I have observed on Saturday and the last 3-4 seasons, if you can't deal with someone having a different opinion to you, why are you using a forum!?

because amazingly nobody said that they want thompson gone, since it was a clean slate when coleman came and thompson has been impressive since why shouldnt he be given a chance, he's our player and if he can do the job, then i'd pick him ahead of a loanee symes anytime.

Out of interest how many games have you seen symes play in the last 2 years to know he's 10x the player?

Joey Thompson on 01:18 - Feb 21 with 1328 viewssweetcorn

Joey Thompson on 20:33 - Feb 20 by 442Dale

but he was being played on the wing, a position he isnt comfortable in and was something you could pick up from his first dale interview, when he said "i've come here to get games and games as a striker", so i'd hardly call being played out of position because you're about the only option as pulling up tree's.

Joey Thompson on 01:45 - Feb 21 with 1324 viewsmizfit

442dale u seem to judge your opinions on symes based on bournemouth fans judgement rather than judging him for yourself. if you have seen him play many games for them then fair enough but to say he should be automatically in for thompson is harsh on joey t as everyone hopes to impress new gaffer so give him a chance

coleman maybe the man to get best from him
Joey Thompson on 03:46 - Feb 21 with 1315 viewsfrenzied

not good enough for me at this level,one good game in five ,languid approach ,has some potential but we cant afford to carry anyone
Joey Thompson on 07:23 - Feb 21 with 1279 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 01:45 - Feb 21 by mizfit

442dale u seem to judge your opinions on symes based on bournemouth fans judgement rather than judging him for yourself. if you have seen him play many games for them then fair enough but to say he should be automatically in for thompson is harsh on joey t as everyone hopes to impress new gaffer so give him a chance

coleman maybe the man to get best from him

I'm basing my opinions on how well Symes has done whenever I've seen him. The Bournemouth fans perspective was purely the last few games (when he's played off the front man,Thomas, and in wide areas on occasion, yet still done well by all accounts.)

He should play instead of Thompson based on what's been said; Thompson hasn't done enough recently to deserve a regular place. It's up to him whether that changes.

Joey Thompson on 08:21 - Feb 21 with 1238 viewsSandy_Lane

Joey Thompson on 03:46 - Feb 21 by frenzied

not good enough for me at this level,one good game in five ,languid approach ,has some potential but we cant afford to carry anyone

I know what you mean by languid approach, but I'm not sure that's fair. He sometimes looks that way as he tries to jockey players rather than sticking the boot in, but he works too hard to describe his whole approach as languid.

9 times out of 10 when the player that loses the ball = JT, the player that wins the ball back = JT. I'm not sure how many of anybody's players you could say that for.
Joey Thompson on 10:15 - Feb 21 with 1169 viewsslapandt

JT is a very gifted player, and we'd be mad to let him go. All these Thompson bashers must be old school fans, wanting to see a giant of a man smashing people out of the way, and going off the pitch every game with a bandage around his head.

If you stop berating him, and actually watch his performance, he's a good player, and helps our cause whenever he comes on. I.e Walsall away this season, people behind me were shouting and raging at him for backing out of a challenge, when infact he sheilded a player off the ball and won us a corner.
Joey Thompson on 10:28 - Feb 21 with 1154 viewsjav14

It was nice to JT getting applause for change rather that usual slating. Took his disallowed goal really well and look up for it. Definitely better in the middle than on the wings.

It would be nice to Tutte playing just behind the front 2 if he gets a chance. Like to see what damage he could do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024