Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Pleased With Draw.. 16:36 - Dec 8 with 11702 viewsdale1968

Lets make sure we fill every seat even if we give them a bigger allocation than normal.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:41 - Dec 8 with 5203 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Cue interference from GM Police.
Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:42 - Dec 8 with 5190 viewsCamdenDale

Assuming GMP will insist on the maximum segregation possible what exactly is Spotland's capacity?
Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:52 - Dec 8 with 5107 viewsSuddenLad

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:42 - Dec 8 by CamdenDale

Assuming GMP will insist on the maximum segregation possible what exactly is Spotland's capacity?

Officially 10,250 but as with the recent Rugby World Cup match which was officially a 'sell-out' the crowd was around the 8,900 mark.

That will have been reduced because it was a night fixture as is always the case, but I should think 9,000 will be the limit for the FA Cup match.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:54 - Dec 8 with 5086 viewsDalenet

I am sure they will restrict the wilbutts lane to 2500 or so....as they have with big away followings in recent past. Yet it holds c3500
Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:54 - Dec 8 with 5075 viewsNerazzurri

The rugby capacity was reduced due to the big screen in the Sandy Lane End and a couple of TV cameras taking up space in Pearl Street and Wilbutts Lane. I reckon we can squeeze just less than 10,000 in there unless GMP decide to get seriously involved.

Forza Nerazzurri

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:55 - Dec 8 with 5052 viewsTVOS1907

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:52 - Dec 8 by SuddenLad

Officially 10,250 but as with the recent Rugby World Cup match which was officially a 'sell-out' the crowd was around the 8,900 mark.

That will have been reduced because it was a night fixture as is always the case, but I should think 9,000 will be the limit for the FA Cup match.

Rumour has it the announced RL crowd was over-stated by about 1,400.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:56 - Dec 8 with 5048 viewsNerazzurri

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:54 - Dec 8 by Dalenet

I am sure they will restrict the wilbutts lane to 2500 or so....as they have with big away followings in recent past. Yet it holds c3500

That has never happened. Huddersfield, Oldham, Sheff Wednesday all brought 3,200 ish with unreserved seating and Sheff Utd brought 3,400 ish with reserved seating. I'm sure Leeds will get the full stand with reserved seating.

Forza Nerazzurri

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:59 - Dec 8 with 4999 viewsTVOS1907

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 16:56 - Dec 8 by Nerazzurri

That has never happened. Huddersfield, Oldham, Sheff Wednesday all brought 3,200 ish with unreserved seating and Sheff Utd brought 3,400 ish with reserved seating. I'm sure Leeds will get the full stand with reserved seating.

We would hope so, but GMP will impose whatever limit they want, especially given Leeds' reputation.

Login to get fewer ads

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 17:20 - Dec 8 with 4864 viewspaulscho

not sure they carry that reputation nowadays ?

livinginadalewonderland

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 17:25 - Dec 8 with 4822 viewsdale1968

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 17:20 - Dec 8 by paulscho

not sure they carry that reputation nowadays ?

Oh sadly they do and are just as bad as ever.
I know that GMP will be out in mega force for this one

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 17:28 - Dec 8 with 4792 viewspaulscho

still actually cant see it ....
little old Rochdale ?

livinginadalewonderland

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 18:33 - Dec 8 with 4622 viewsTalkingSutty

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 17:25 - Dec 8 by dale1968

Oh sadly they do and are just as bad as ever.
I know that GMP will be out in mega force for this one

We recently played them in a pre season friendly when they nearly filled the Willbutts so cant see the capacity of the stand being reduced by nearly a third on police advice. We are talking an allocation of 3000 not 10,000 for gods sake.

If that's the case the club need to kick up a fuss and look for compensation. In our league one games against the Sheffield clubs/ Oldham etc I don't recall the allocation being cut by nearly a thousand.

If GMP reduce Leeds allocation by a third at every ground they visit within the area then fair enough but I bet they don't.
Well Pleased With Draw.. on 19:13 - Dec 8 with 4515 viewsKenBoon

The capacity at Spotland is what the safety people give it. It's not "how many people can we crush into the ground". Therefore there shouldn't be any loss of seats. There's pigging fences seperating all the stands.
Well Pleased With Draw.. on 19:18 - Dec 8 with 4492 views442Dale

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 18:33 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

We recently played them in a pre season friendly when they nearly filled the Willbutts so cant see the capacity of the stand being reduced by nearly a third on police advice. We are talking an allocation of 3000 not 10,000 for gods sake.

If that's the case the club need to kick up a fuss and look for compensation. In our league one games against the Sheffield clubs/ Oldham etc I don't recall the allocation being cut by nearly a thousand.

If GMP reduce Leeds allocation by a third at every ground they visit within the area then fair enough but I bet they don't.

As can be seen on this report, they had a whole end at Blackburn - around 7000 with only the first three rows unused.

http://supportersnotcustomers.com/2013/12/02/a-day-with-dirty-leeds/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 19:43 - Dec 8 with 4396 viewsdingdangblue

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 19:13 - Dec 8 by KenBoon

The capacity at Spotland is what the safety people give it. It's not "how many people can we crush into the ground". Therefore there shouldn't be any loss of seats. There's pigging fences seperating all the stands.

Agreed! Totally crazy if we can't sell EVERY place in the ground ! 4 separate stands with fences in between - if we can't get 10,000 for this game serious questions need to be asked.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 19:44 - Dec 8 with 4386 viewsKenBoon

And it's a shame we don't have online ticketing yet.
Well Pleased With Draw.. on 19:52 - Dec 8 with 4352 viewsCamdenDale

How many does the Sandy hold? Or rather how many tickets are we allowed to sell for it?
Well Pleased With Draw.. on 20:09 - Dec 8 with 4300 viewsdingdangblue

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 19:52 - Dec 8 by CamdenDale

How many does the Sandy hold? Or rather how many tickets are we allowed to sell for it?

Even better - what is the breakdown for each stand? And will broken seats at the bottom of Pearl St stand be replaced/ fixed so we fill it?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 20:11 - Dec 8 with 4290 viewsTVOS1907

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 20:09 - Dec 8 by dingdangblue

Even better - what is the breakdown for each stand? And will broken seats at the bottom of Pearl St stand be replaced/ fixed so we fill it?

And they'd better replace the 'Reserved' stickers on some seats in the TDS.

They disappeared around the end of October. I blame the rugby fans in 'the biggest crowd ever to set foot in Spotland'.

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:24 - Dec 8 with 4190 viewszxcvbnm

Umm are we going to sell out our allocation. On previous matches I'd say no - estimation of crowd 7000

4000 dale, 3000 leeds

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:30 - Dec 8 with 4174 viewsDorsetDale

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:24 - Dec 8 by zxcvbnm

Umm are we going to sell out our allocation. On previous matches I'd say no - estimation of crowd 7000

4000 dale, 3000 leeds

As mentioned elsewhere, we should easily sell 6000 tickets to home fans IF marketed properly. I believe there'll be some mightily pi$$ed off home support if Leeds are given more than the Willbutts stand and the board should bare this in mind!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:33 - Dec 8 with 4165 viewszxcvbnm

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:30 - Dec 8 by DorsetDale

As mentioned elsewhere, we should easily sell 6000 tickets to home fans IF marketed properly. I believe there'll be some mightily pi$$ed off home support if Leeds are given more than the Willbutts stand and the board should bare this in mind!

That's the question isn't it - considering in recent history we've never come close to 6000 home fans

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:53 - Dec 8 with 4134 views442Dale

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:33 - Dec 8 by zxcvbnm

That's the question isn't it - considering in recent history we've never come close to 6000 home fans

Coventry at home in the cup in 2003 saw over 5,500 home fans turn out to watch a team that was struggling in the league under an unpopular manager.

If the #teamrochdale and feel good factor has any substance, why can we not expect to be looking to capitalise on this and get at least as many in for a game against a club which are much more attractive opposition than Coventry?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 00:13 - Dec 9 with 4004 viewsdingdangblue

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:53 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

Coventry at home in the cup in 2003 saw over 5,500 home fans turn out to watch a team that was struggling in the league under an unpopular manager.

If the #teamrochdale and feel good factor has any substance, why can we not expect to be looking to capitalise on this and get at least as many in for a game against a club which are much more attractive opposition than Coventry?

Agreed - that Coventry game should be the benchmark, we'd lost the previous Tuesday night too in a piss poor performance v Lincoln 0-2. Can't remember if the Cov game was ticket just for Cov fans though and Dale were pay on the day? That would have helped . Either way Leeds at home in the 3rd round is Dale's biggest game at Spotland in my 30 years of supporting.

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 00:47 - Dec 9 with 3977 viewsrochdale1987

Well Pleased With Draw.. on 21:53 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

Everyone knows the marketing manager / dept will expect it to happen by itself, unless it's marketed properly there's no chance of this game being a sell out, not to home fans anyway!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024