Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 51096 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:17 - Jul 9 with 1577 viewsQPR1882

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:15 - Jul 9 by Jamie

1. She was certain it was 'you fcking black cnt'.

I thought so,i was just confused why speedie posted..........

Going round in circles, there were two lip readers one was uncertain and they both agreed there is guess work involved....doubt ?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:21 - Jul 9 with 1572 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:17 - Jul 9 by QPR1882

I thought so,i was just confused why speedie posted..........

Going round in circles, there were two lip readers one was uncertain and they both agreed there is guess work involved....doubt ?

There were two lip readers called today, one gave the evidence on the last page and agreed that lip reading wasn't an exact science, the other was called but they adjourned for the day before she really started giving any evidence. Certainly the second didn't give an opinion on the footage.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:24 - Jul 9 with 1568 viewsEsgaroth

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:15 - Jul 9 by Jamie

1. She was certain it was 'you fcking black cnt'.

Im not deaf and don't have a degree in lip reading but i am in NO doubt he said exactly that.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 22:07 - Jul 9 with 1525 viewsBasingstokeR

Agree with this, everyone who's seen the footage I know who didn't know what he'd said has come up with the same thing. Its one of the most blatant things going, I was really shocked when I saw the video that day as it was so clear.

Have there been any other cases where lip reading has been used or discredited before? Terry's legal team seemed pretty anxious beforehand to try and stop it being used as part of the trial whatsoever?

I also agree with Northern, on the money front.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 22:40 - Jul 9 with 1491 viewsbosh67

A five day trial paid for by the public, maximum fine £2,500 on a case followed up by the police after a complaint from a tv viewer, rather than our player. I am totally against racism but this is a real example, for me, of our PC society imploding. The police should have simply cautioned Terry and the clubs should have got the Ferdinand family and the Terry family together and sorted it out. Would have taken half an hour and cup of tea!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 22:52 - Jul 9 with 1482 viewsJamie

The strangest part is that the implication is that the person who actually reported it to the police works for Ferdinands agent.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:07 - Jul 9 with 1471 viewsWanderR

Terry has already said he did actually say ''f**king black c**t'' but that it was framed as a question as in, ''Did you say I called you a f**king black c**t?'' when the footage that even we've seen shows that not to be true.

The best defence that the Chelsea forums have come up with thus far is ''Well, it's not like he called him a f**king n*gger', is it?'

Guilty all day long.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Current location: OX10

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:13 - Jul 9 with 1457 viewshamptonhillhoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 22:40 - Jul 9 by bosh67

A five day trial paid for by the public, maximum fine £2,500 on a case followed up by the police after a complaint from a tv viewer, rather than our player. I am totally against racism but this is a real example, for me, of our PC society imploding. The police should have simply cautioned Terry and the clubs should have got the Ferdinand family and the Terry family together and sorted it out. Would have taken half an hour and cup of tea!

You can only caution someone if they admit the offence. As terry has denied it the only two options were court or no further action
Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:24 - Jul 9 with 1451 viewsbosh67

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:13 - Jul 9 by hamptonhillhoop

You can only caution someone if they admit the offence. As terry has denied it the only two options were court or no further action

I understand, then no further action and the clubs dealing with it would have been the intelligent thing to do.

Problem is this will cost hundreds of thousands of pounds, perhaps more and the outcome will be a £2500 fine or, more probably, case dismissed because no camera actually picked up what Anton said first. Therefore Terry's lawyers can say he was repeating back something Anton said to him and will ask the prosecution to provide proof that Anton didn't say things included in Terry's response. However stupid that sounds, in law the prosecution won't be able to provide evidence of what Anton said and as such, won't be able to prove that Terry wasn't repeating stuff back at him. The case will be dismissed and there's another £1m plus of tax payer's money tossed up a wall.

Absolute waste of time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:47 - Jul 9 with 1430 viewsGetMeRangers

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I had the great pleasure many years ago working with a research scientist who lip-read owing to deafness from the age of 14. It took almost a whole working day until I actually realised that he was completely deaf. Occasionally, during that first day, he appeared to pause when I asked him a question, though he always answered immediately when I looked up or turned around. Late in the day I started speaking facing away and then turned towards him. At this point he asked if I had realised he was deaf and would i mind always face him when speaking.
We were not just passing the time of day with tittle tattle but talking in depth about the advances in the role of ethylene in the leaf abscission of in vitro culture of Vitis vinifera. I wont bore you with the long chemical names used, but it was staggering that there was never one moment of misunderstanding when he was able to read my lips.
Most of the general pulic agree with what he said... this is only really a case of whether it was intended as a racial insult... IMHO.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:48 - Jul 9 with 1427 viewsalexferguson60

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:47 - Jul 9 by GetMeRangers

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I had the great pleasure many years ago working with a research scientist who lip-read owing to deafness from the age of 14. It took almost a whole working day until I actually realised that he was completely deaf. Occasionally, during that first day, he appeared to pause when I asked him a question, though he always answered immediately when I looked up or turned around. Late in the day I started speaking facing away and then turned towards him. At this point he asked if I had realised he was deaf and would i mind always face him when speaking.
We were not just passing the time of day with tittle tattle but talking in depth about the advances in the role of ethylene in the leaf abscission of in vitro culture of Vitis vinifera. I wont bore you with the long chemical names used, but it was staggering that there was never one moment of misunderstanding when he was able to read my lips.
Most of the general pulic agree with what he said... this is only really a case of whether it was intended as a racial insult... IMHO.

Wrote this piece about the whole incident...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1252803-chelseas-john-terry-the-mouth-the-der
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:49 - Jul 9 with 1426 viewsdavman

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:24 - Jul 9 by bosh67

I understand, then no further action and the clubs dealing with it would have been the intelligent thing to do.

Problem is this will cost hundreds of thousands of pounds, perhaps more and the outcome will be a £2500 fine or, more probably, case dismissed because no camera actually picked up what Anton said first. Therefore Terry's lawyers can say he was repeating back something Anton said to him and will ask the prosecution to provide proof that Anton didn't say things included in Terry's response. However stupid that sounds, in law the prosecution won't be able to provide evidence of what Anton said and as such, won't be able to prove that Terry wasn't repeating stuff back at him. The case will be dismissed and there's another £1m plus of tax payer's money tossed up a wall.

Absolute waste of time.

Spot on, Bosh. Waste of time. 5 days? REALLY? With all the poloce presence and court time, it'd take around 2 minutes to clock that up...

So, Ferdinand said something nasty about Terry's alleged extra-marital affair - poor JT reacts in the only way someone like him can - by throwing an insult back. Unfortunately for him, its not illegal to taunt someone about their love life, but it IS illegal to throw the word 'black' into an 'legitimate' insult.

I still find it amusing that the only word the press can report is the only contentious one ('black')...

Can't help but think this is all a conspiracy - it got put back at Chelsea's request after all (would any of us had that reprieve?). I would not be surprised if, even if the evidence is as damning as it appears, he'll get off. The Russian scumbag is a very powerful man after all...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 00:00 - Jul 10 with 1418 viewsdaveB

in an ideal world terry would have been man enough to admit what he said, say sorry and take his fine and ban from the FA, he'd have lost the England captancy but he lost that anyway so wouldn't have made much difference. The fact he denied it all and continues to is why the police had to follow through, it is a waste of public money and a waste of time but this is where we are now and i just hope Terry is found guilty, calling someone a black c*nt and saying it was sarcasim is riddiculous
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 00:10 - Jul 10 with 1411 viewsGetMeRangers

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:48 - Jul 9 by alexferguson60

Wrote this piece about the whole incident...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1252803-chelseas-john-terry-the-mouth-the-der

Great article... and greta quote from the Scum father to his son
“What an atmosphere”, we heard a Chelsea fan say to his teenage son on the way out. “I’m not taking you there again.”
LOL... good!
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 03:19 - Jul 10 with 1382 viewsDylanP

Well, my guess is that Terry will be found guilty and receive the maximum fine. Plus he will be required to pay the other sides costs.I don't know what costs will be for a five day trial, but they will probably be in the range of 100-200K -- Peanuts for Terry, of course.

On the one hand it is a waste, I suppose. Common sense would have it all sorted out like gentlemen, like has already been said.

On the other hand, if I am right and he is found guilty, it'd be a good marker for our society. It'd say, it doesn't mater who you are, how rich you are, how popular you are, even the captain of the England football team can't get away with using racist insults. We all live together in the same community and the more integrated the community, the better it works. Racism pulls society apart, puts up walls and makes everyone's lives worse. It'd be amazing if this incident made Terry a role model for young people -- a role model of how NOT to behave in a modern community.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 03:47 - Jul 10 with 1375 viewsisawqpratwcity

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 23:47 - Jul 9 by GetMeRangers

You couldn't bore me talking about the role of ethylene in leaf abscission of Vitis vinifera.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:06 - Jul 10 with 1313 viewsE17hoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:24 - Jul 9 by Esgaroth

Im not deaf and don't have a degree in lip reading but i am in NO doubt he said exactly that.

It's REALLY easy to misread lips...

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:21 - Jul 10 with 1909 viewsBasingstokeR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:06 - Jul 10 by E17hoop

It's REALLY easy to misread lips...

Strangely I watched that video thinking that you could mistake things and saw that you can see the words they're putting into the peoples mouths weren't what they were saying through just looking at the lips, and I'm not an expert.

Aren't lip readers moot in this case anyway - as Terry is saying he did say the words, just in another context to what everyone thinks?

You don't need lip readers to see there isn't any word that he says between "you" and "f**king black C", unless John Terry is a talented mid sentence interspersing ventriloquist.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:27 - Jul 10 with 1900 viewsnadera78

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 00:00 - Jul 10 by daveB

in an ideal world terry would have been man enough to admit what he said, say sorry and take his fine and ban from the FA, he'd have lost the England captancy but he lost that anyway so wouldn't have made much difference. The fact he denied it all and continues to is why the police had to follow through, it is a waste of public money and a waste of time but this is where we are now and i just hope Terry is found guilty, calling someone a black c*nt and saying it was sarcasim is riddiculous

Exactly right. Monday mornign Terry comes out and says, live to a camera, "I'm really sorry, but I was taking an awful amount of stick from the fans, we'd had two players sent off, we were losing the game, Anton was winding me up about something I regret doing and I just lost control. Terribly sorry, etc, etc"

He'd have been punished by his club (shamed into doing it) and by the FA, dropped by England, lost some sponsors, vilified by the press, and given stick by opposing fans. And, pigheaded as he is, he wouldn't have given two hoot about any of it. But then it all would have died down, just like every other incident he's been involved in, and every other footballer has been involved in. And he'd have found new sponsors, the press would have become bored by it, and life would have moved on.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:37 - Jul 10 with 1845 viewsJamie

Just gone through game footage. No footage of Ferdinand and Cole speaking at end or Terry speaking to Cole. Conversations crucial to case

Lawyers agree conversations happened. But no agreement on content of conversations.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:49 - Jul 10 with 1827 viewssexton

Reminds me of the (apocryphal?) Stan Bowles story. Something like:

Stan to Ref: 'What would you do if I said you were a c**t?'

Ref: 'I'd have to send you off'

Stan: 'What if I said I thought you were a c**t?'

Ref: 'Well if you only think it that's OK'

Stan: 'Well I think you're a c**t'

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:08 - Jul 10 with 1793 viewsJamie

Terry going through his statement in the dock with a pencil as tape of his FA interview is played in court

Terry says he made his statement immediately because 'i'm not having' being called a racist

Terry says he's been called lot if things but 'I'm not having anyone let alone anton think that about me because that's not my character'

Terry says Ferdinand accused him of calling him a BC straight after accusing him of ``shagging Bridge's missus''

Terry to FA official: Never in my career has anyone accused me of that. Not only was I hurt by it but I was taken aback

Keith Cousins, Terry's rep, intervenes to say Terry used the words 'black c**t' 'rhetorically'

Terry: Fans abuse my my family, my parents my brother as a footballer you have to get used to it

During the game Terry said to Cole,: `He's accused me of being a racist and calling him a black c**t'

Terry got showered 'pretty sharpish'' after match so he could go and chat with Ferdinand. 'Was you accusing me of calling you a black c**t'

Separate incident in the tunnel at QPR. Terry said: `I was getting a bit of stick from one of their players about my mum.'

Terry was in rush to speak to Ferdinand because `I was so angered by what he was accusing me of'

Terry to FA's Kennedy:
I'm not here to make stuff up to try and make things look better

Q. How sure you heard what he said?
T: I was sure hence why I wanted to speak to him after
Misheard?
No. I've got nothing to hide in this
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:11 - Jul 10 with 1782 viewsBasingstokeR

Has anyone asked John Terry when he first saw the video yet? and if they are putting so much into Ashley Cole being involved is why are the papers saying he's not going to be called in?

If they could call their Text messages at the time into play somehow via the mobile operators - bet those would be very revealing here. Those messasges still exist on a server somewhere.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:13 - Jul 10 with 1772 viewsBasingstokeR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:08 - Jul 10 by Jamie

Terry going through his statement in the dock with a pencil as tape of his FA interview is played in court

Terry says he made his statement immediately because 'i'm not having' being called a racist

Terry says he's been called lot if things but 'I'm not having anyone let alone anton think that about me because that's not my character'

Terry says Ferdinand accused him of calling him a BC straight after accusing him of ``shagging Bridge's missus''

Terry to FA official: Never in my career has anyone accused me of that. Not only was I hurt by it but I was taken aback

Keith Cousins, Terry's rep, intervenes to say Terry used the words 'black c**t' 'rhetorically'

Terry: Fans abuse my my family, my parents my brother as a footballer you have to get used to it

During the game Terry said to Cole,: `He's accused me of being a racist and calling him a black c**t'

Terry got showered 'pretty sharpish'' after match so he could go and chat with Ferdinand. 'Was you accusing me of calling you a black c**t'

Separate incident in the tunnel at QPR. Terry said: `I was getting a bit of stick from one of their players about my mum.'

Terry was in rush to speak to Ferdinand because `I was so angered by what he was accusing me of'

Terry to FA's Kennedy:
I'm not here to make stuff up to try and make things look better

Q. How sure you heard what he said?
T: I was sure hence why I wanted to speak to him after
Misheard?
No. I've got nothing to hide in this

Well that bit is quite blatantly a lie! What about the Ledley King incident - does John Terry just cleanse his memory of all the misdemeanours he gets away with?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:20 - Jul 10 with 1757 viewsElHoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 10:49 - Jul 10 by sexton

Reminds me of the (apocryphal?) Stan Bowles story. Something like:

Stan to Ref: 'What would you do if I said you were a c**t?'

Ref: 'I'd have to send you off'

Stan: 'What if I said I thought you were a c**t?'

Ref: 'Well if you only think it that's OK'

Stan: 'Well I think you're a c**t'

Also reminds me of this!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024