Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 51097 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:00 - Jul 9 with 1866 viewsJamie

Doesn't sound like this one is going the distance.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:03 - Jul 9 with 1848 viewsJamie

"Lawyer on Ferd going to CFC room: You went in there after what you'd one on the pitch, about an allegation you made that was unfounded.

Ferdinand: I wouldn’t take kindly to being racially abused …there would've been a fight

Lawyer: I'm going to suggest your not telling the court the truth.
Ferdinand: Yes I am"
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:04 - Jul 9 with 1840 viewsNorthernr

Fck me, this defence lawyer is earning thousands to just stand there going "you're fibbing".
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:08 - Jul 9 with 1825 viewssimmo

Unsurprising that the lawyer is finding this easy. I like Anton but anybody that has seen an interview from him on player can testify that he was nowhere near the front of the queue when it came to handing the intelligence out.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:08 - Jul 9 with 1824 viewsdaveB

hang on he hadn't accused Terry of anything when he went in the dressing room, Terrys case has more holes n it than my underpants
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:12 - Jul 9 with 1801 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:08 - Jul 9 by daveB

hang on he hadn't accused Terry of anything when he went in the dressing room, Terrys case has more holes n it than my underpants

They are saying Ferdinand accused Terry of a racist remark off camera. Hence their claimed 'did you think....' and their claim that Ferdinand wasn't 100% honest in his statement in the aftermath.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:21 - Jul 9 with 1757 viewsdaveB

how are they able to accuse Ferdinand of saying this with no evidence to back it up
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:23 - Jul 9 with 1746 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:21 - Jul 9 by daveB

how are they able to accuse Ferdinand of saying this with no evidence to back it up

Because by saying it they create doubt, and by creating doubt they get their client off.
Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:23 - Jul 9 with 1744 viewsBasingstokeR

Yep, surely if that happened - Cashley etc would be being called to validate Terry's claim. Can they call him or Obi Mikel in in the successive days, or have they completely counted that out?

It didn't happen

Don't let this "k-head" lawyer upset you Anton! :)
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:25 - Jul 9 with 1731 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:21 - Jul 9 by daveB

Presumably due to the fact that Ferdinand leaving things out of his statement adds the element of doubt as to why he would do that and fits in nicely with their theory of what Terry did.

Defence's job to plant theories and doubts.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:26 - Jul 9 with 1724 viewsdaveB

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:23 - Jul 9 by Northernr

Because by saying it they create doubt, and by creating doubt they get their client off.

so if i was up on a murder charge I could get my lawyer to say actually he killed himself with no evidence to back it up and get away with it.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:31 - Jul 9 with 1696 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:26 - Jul 9 by daveB

so if i was up on a murder charge I could get my lawyer to say actually he killed himself with no evidence to back it up and get away with it.

Well that's overly simplistic, but essentially yes. I've covered murder trials where they've cast aspersions about somebody else who could have carried out the killings.

"So there was a period, between 2pm and 2.10pm, when the victim was completely alone and could have had an altercation with another man other than my client?"

"So the fire escape is always unlocked and absolutely anybody could have come in there, not just my client?"

etc

Never explored it in any depth, presented much evidence, just shown that it could potentially have possibly been the case. Doubt sewn.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:44 - Jul 9 with 1648 views18StoneOfHoop

Stand tall Anton as Jason Roberts helpfully tweeted earlier. (Mind you standing is the easy part,it's the thinking and talking once you've got up on your feet that poor old Nice But Dim Anton struggles with.) Watch from 1min 10sec as he salutes R Block: I now call for The Crown,His Highness Prince Buster: BTW thanks Jamie for the court summaries & instant theories & explanations..and that HTID tip to follow BBC Sports Correspondent @danroan live as-it-happens-in-court twitter feed is pretty helpful too. Fookin 'ell this is a long old frantic nerveshredding R's day..just over an hour till press conference ....<W*rk? what you talking bout,Willis?>

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:47 - Jul 9 with 1634 viewsJamie

It does seem that the defence have plenty of scope to plants doubts going by what has actually been disclosed in statements and the footage provided.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:53 - Jul 9 with 1607 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:47 - Jul 9 by Jamie

It does seem that the defence have plenty of scope to plants doubts going by what has actually been disclosed in statements and the footage provided.

To be honest, two footballers that thick should be fish in a barrel for even a moderately good barrister.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:18 - Jul 9 with 1549 viewsdaveB

plant as many doubts as you want but the footage is clear, at no stage does Terry say "Do you think I called you", guilty and will be a farce if he gets off.

I wonder if the fella who racially abused Ashley Young on Twitter will get off if he says it was sarcastic banter
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:24 - Jul 9 with 1529 viewsBasingstokeR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:18 - Jul 9 by daveB

plant as many doubts as you want but the footage is clear, at no stage does Terry say "Do you think I called you", guilty and will be a farce if he gets off.

I wonder if the fella who racially abused Ashley Young on Twitter will get off if he says it was sarcastic banter

and the fact Ashley Young antagonised him into it with a series of dives and then lacklusture performances in the Euros.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:38 - Jul 9 with 1510 viewsBklynRanger

I've never understood how Terry say he was denying saying it. Didn't he say "Anton you black c**t"? I don't have time to check but that's how I remember it and there's no way to reconfigure that into "I didn't call you a black c**t", as far as I can tell.

Also not clear at all from what the Standard is saying as to when exactly AF got shown the youtube clip by his girlfriend. Was that before going in to see Terry? Seems unlikely - so did Anton have no idea that had been said and was just dealing with the shagging stuff etc? Only for Terry and Cole to try to cover up the racial part of it?

Only thing clear to me so far is that Cole is a moronic little lapdog - so no revelations at all...
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:47 - Jul 9 with 1795 viewsJamie

Ferdinand: you're putting words in my mouth sir.
That's in response to lawyer accusing him of changing his story

Lawyer: Did you try and get Mr Terry charged through 3rd parties?
Ferdinand: No I never
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:48 - Jul 9 with 1785 viewsnadera78

If you ever needed confirmation that Ashley Cole is John Terry's 'house boy' then you only have to see how Cole reacted to Ferdinand mocking Terry - "You can't speak to him like that".
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:53 - Jul 9 with 1755 viewsJamie

Conversation moves to the role of a Mr Rigby from Ferdinand's agents New Era Group

Lawyer: Did you ever authorize Mr Rigby to actually contact the police in order to get Mr Terry charged? Ferdinand: no

Lawyer: Is Rigby also a PR agent for your brother? Ferdinand: My brother's a part of the agency so yes

Ferdinand asked if PR agent Rigby changed his mind about making statement to police Ferdinand: I changed my mind nobody can change my mind

Ferdinand getting annoyed at question about whether he pays for Rigby's services. `Is what I pay and what I do relevant to this?'
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:57 - Jul 9 with 1729 viewsJamie

Terry's lawyer quibbling about words Ferdinand used this morning compared to the ones he's using this afternoon

Lawyer: You added an extra element Mr Ferdinand designed to deliberatly provoke Mr Terry when all your other attempts failed

AF: NO

Defence cross examination finished for now. Prosecutor now going through why Ferdinand was originally reluctnant to go to police
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 14:57 - Jul 9 with 1728 viewsQPR1882

HAS TERRY BEEN FOUND INNOCENT YET ?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:00 - Jul 9 with 1718 viewsBasingstokeR

Sounds like a wobbly Defence to me.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:01 - Jul 9 with 1712 viewsJamie

Prosecutor: At the time Mr Terry was England captain. Did you have any reason to make up a false allegation against him? Ferdinand: no

Ferdinand's time on the witness stand over. lasted about 2 hours. he's been told not to Tweet about the trial
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024