Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … 08:00 - Aug 26 with 3357 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62852/

It’s here, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 08:29 - Aug 26 with 2295 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely the truth
It doesn’t feel any better this morning

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:10 - Aug 26 with 2183 viewsDr_Winston

Won't disagree with most of this, but quite surprised at the criticism of Franco. Was comfortably our best player from kick off to substitution. Strong in the tackle and the press and used the ball better than any of our other starting midfielders.

Taking him off was absolutely a factor in their dominance in the last period of the game.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:15 - Aug 26 with 2168 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:10 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Won't disagree with most of this, but quite surprised at the criticism of Franco. Was comfortably our best player from kick off to substitution. Strong in the tackle and the press and used the ball better than any of our other starting midfielders.

Taking him off was absolutely a factor in their dominance in the last period of the game.

100%. IMO the substitutions Fulton for Franco and Abdulai for Eom cost us the win.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:20 - Aug 26 with 2132 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:15 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

100%. IMO the substitutions Fulton for Franco and Abdulai for Eom cost us the win.

Yep.

And that's not a diss on Fulton, a player I've always liked and defended from some frankly ludicrous scapegoating in the past. You just don't take off your best performing player, especially one who is basically holding the tide back single handed at that point in the game.

Weird subs and playing people out of position when he has natural options available to him (Abdullai, arguably Eom) is another Martinesque trait that Williams has to shed. He wasn't helped yesterday though by Cooper's lack of quality when it matters and BadGrimes showing up instead of the Preston version.
[Post edited 26 Aug 9:22]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:32 - Aug 26 with 2090 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Williams substitutions cost us the game, I'm beginning to doubt Williams ability when it really matters.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:57 - Aug 26 with 2018 viewssj_jack

1. Subs did impact us, but i think it was the balance of the subs.

Williams changed right side, while i’d say Ronald an Tymon we’re exposed due to intesity in 1st 60 mind.

No substitute for Pace, and cardiffs changes had that in abundance.
Our subs took any pace we had, out of the game & made us really vunerable.

2. Our pressing dropped off last 30 mins & cardiff pushed much higher up pitch.

I think 5 more minutes and we could have conceeded again, they had all the momentum.

Point gained, but lessons to take.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:19 - Aug 26 with 1902 viewsRichardO

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:20 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Yep.

And that's not a diss on Fulton, a player I've always liked and defended from some frankly ludicrous scapegoating in the past. You just don't take off your best performing player, especially one who is basically holding the tide back single handed at that point in the game.

Weird subs and playing people out of position when he has natural options available to him (Abdullai, arguably Eom) is another Martinesque trait that Williams has to shed. He wasn't helped yesterday though by Cooper's lack of quality when it matters and BadGrimes showing up instead of the Preston version.
[Post edited 26 Aug 9:22]

It wasn't Coopers wildly shooting from the edge of the box or wrong options taken by wingers, when Cooper went off we had a full back who had no cover and was not marking the player who had become their best outlet, we have seen the same capitulation when Paterson and Ntcham ended up top together leaving no cover for defenders and no supply to themselves, you need your work horses funnily enough Cooper was on the end of moves that went through him against PNE right until the very end of the game which we won 3-0, if anything you complained about the scapegoating of Fulton who has to be about the same quality if not worse.This capitulation is down to the coaches not the players who more than held their own in the first half. All about opinions Cooper didn't know whether to push on with the press with Cullen that was successful in the first half because we didn't support him from the middle of the park again in the second I think you know who I'm scapegoating.
If the middle pushing up the the fullback need to drop off to ensure defensive stability that didn't happen which is down to coaching.
[Post edited 26 Aug 10:30]
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:23 - Aug 26 with 1878 viewsmax936

Another excellent read and agree 100%, Bulut is an idiot and proved it again.

Williams mention's our chances, yet he seemed to bottle it in the 2nd half with his substitutions.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:29 - Aug 26 with 1850 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:19 - Aug 26 by RichardO

It wasn't Coopers wildly shooting from the edge of the box or wrong options taken by wingers, when Cooper went off we had a full back who had no cover and was not marking the player who had become their best outlet, we have seen the same capitulation when Paterson and Ntcham ended up top together leaving no cover for defenders and no supply to themselves, you need your work horses funnily enough Cooper was on the end of moves that went through him against PNE right until the very end of the game which we won 3-0, if anything you complained about the scapegoating of Fulton who has to be about the same quality if not worse.This capitulation is down to the coaches not the players who more than held their own in the first half. All about opinions Cooper didn't know whether to push on with the press with Cullen that was successful in the first half because we didn't support him from the middle of the park again in the second I think you know who I'm scapegoating.
If the middle pushing up the the fullback need to drop off to ensure defensive stability that didn't happen which is down to coaching.

Why are players having to wildly shoot from outside the box? How many times has Cooper had the ball in an advanced position and created chances? The pass in behind the fullback. The dinked ball through for the forward to chase. That is what the AM/#10 is there to do, and he can't do it. He doesn't have the quality.

You can fill a team with willing runners if you like, and all it'll get you is relegated.

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:38 - Aug 26 with 1829 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 09:57 - Aug 26 by sj_jack

1. Subs did impact us, but i think it was the balance of the subs.

Williams changed right side, while i’d say Ronald an Tymon we’re exposed due to intesity in 1st 60 mind.

No substitute for Pace, and cardiffs changes had that in abundance.
Our subs took any pace we had, out of the game & made us really vunerable.

2. Our pressing dropped off last 30 mins & cardiff pushed much higher up pitch.

I think 5 more minutes and we could have conceeded again, they had all the momentum.

Point gained, but lessons to take.

We lost the three points by not going for the throat Kiwi style when we had them tied up in knots. We say Grimes slowed it down and that’s true but Darling also played a part going down far too easily to buy cheap free kicks which the ref got wise to early on.

And if I were a Cardiff fan I’d actually be disappointed they didn’t go for the kill after the equaliser. I’d say there woukd have been a better than 70% chance they would have got it sadly. Especially by exploiting the ineffectiveness of Tymon’s defensive abilities.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:02 - Aug 26 with 1774 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:38 - Aug 26 by union_jack

We lost the three points by not going for the throat Kiwi style when we had them tied up in knots. We say Grimes slowed it down and that’s true but Darling also played a part going down far too easily to buy cheap free kicks which the ref got wise to early on.

And if I were a Cardiff fan I’d actually be disappointed they didn’t go for the kill after the equaliser. I’d say there woukd have been a better than 70% chance they would have got it sadly. Especially by exploiting the ineffectiveness of Tymon’s defensive abilities.

The last 30 minutes including added time you can't expect Tymon to add to the attack and then defend the whole of his side by himself. Granted he didn't have the best game but if you leave him isolated by Ronald only tracking back when he felt like and the added pace of their full back you are asking for trouble. Williams should have done something about it.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:02 - Aug 26 with 1774 viewsmax936

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:19 - Aug 26 by RichardO

I keep saying it, because its true centre midfield needs to be better Franco doesn't look to be the answer for me, we need more physicality and height in the middle of the park.

Leon used to make up for that most of the time with his quickness of thought, deed and ability to read games and find a pass, ably assisted by Joey, the game as moved on though so whether they would work as well these days is another question. skill and talent would nearly always pull through though so they would find a way is my guess.

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:03 - Aug 26 with 1766 viewsRichardO

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 10:29 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Why are players having to wildly shoot from outside the box? How many times has Cooper had the ball in an advanced position and created chances? The pass in behind the fullback. The dinked ball through for the forward to chase. That is what the AM/#10 is there to do, and he can't do it. He doesn't have the quality.

You can fill a team with willing runners if you like, and all it'll get you is relegated.

Yes but if you don't have those willing runners you have no movement and ponderous play with very few options with defensive midfielder and backs now unwilling to play the long ball because of that lack of movement, I'm not saying fill the team fill willing runners and yes Cooper is lacking in quality in certain areas of his game but so are many on the pitch. Against PNE we played to our strengths as a team, yesterday in the first half we played well but took wrong choices clever interplay that ended up in Cul De Sacs, shut down, the second half we were disjointed and shapeless that wasn't solely down to Cooper because he wasn't on the pitch after the 68th minutes .
He is not the best player but then again he wasn't the worst he needs to improve parts of his game as do lots of other players. I have seen poor little dinks into the box, poor balls into in channels and over hit balls by other players who are suppose to be better players with their passing and yet we have persisted with them.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:10 - Aug 26 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:03 - Aug 26 by RichardO

Yes but if you don't have those willing runners you have no movement and ponderous play with very few options with defensive midfielder and backs now unwilling to play the long ball because of that lack of movement, I'm not saying fill the team fill willing runners and yes Cooper is lacking in quality in certain areas of his game but so are many on the pitch. Against PNE we played to our strengths as a team, yesterday in the first half we played well but took wrong choices clever interplay that ended up in Cul De Sacs, shut down, the second half we were disjointed and shapeless that wasn't solely down to Cooper because he wasn't on the pitch after the 68th minutes .
He is not the best player but then again he wasn't the worst he needs to improve parts of his game as do lots of other players. I have seen poor little dinks into the box, poor balls into in channels and over hit balls by other players who are suppose to be better players with their passing and yet we have persisted with them.

You need piano movers, and you need piano players. The job we're asking him to do requires a player. He's a mover. There are roles for him, just not there. He'd probably be a better fit as a substitute winger than Abdulai for example.

His deficiencies don't excuse others of course. We absolutely persist with players who don't deliver on their ability anywhere near often enough. One wears the captain's armband.

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:17 - Aug 26 with 1717 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:10 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

You need piano movers, and you need piano players. The job we're asking him to do requires a player. He's a mover. There are roles for him, just not there. He'd probably be a better fit as a substitute winger than Abdulai for example.

His deficiencies don't excuse others of course. We absolutely persist with players who don't deliver on their ability anywhere near often enough. One wears the captain's armband.

I thought Cardiff had a pretty decent game plan especially in the second half. They froze us out coupled with our poor ability to retain the ball and make it stick up front.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:24 - Aug 26 with 1660 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:17 - Aug 26 by KeithHaynes

I thought Cardiff had a pretty decent game plan especially in the second half. They froze us out coupled with our poor ability to retain the ball and make it stick up front.

Bulut out thought Williams for sure.

You can argue that LW didn't have the options that EB did, but surely Bianchini would have been a better option from the bench than Abdulai? It's not as if he's completely non-match fit. He's gone through pre-season and played in Ligue 2 already.

Definitely a game that Williams needs to learn from.

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:38 - Aug 26 with 1619 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:24 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Bulut out thought Williams for sure.

You can argue that LW didn't have the options that EB did, but surely Bianchini would have been a better option from the bench than Abdulai? It's not as if he's completely non-match fit. He's gone through pre-season and played in Ligue 2 already.

Definitely a game that Williams needs to learn from.

I know what he did didn’t work but bringing Bianchini in would have been very risky as a first game. He’s not trained with the squad much so our linking up would have been even more fragmented. Possibly.

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:43 - Aug 26 with 1602 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:38 - Aug 26 by union_jack

I know what he did didn’t work but bringing Bianchini in would have been very risky as a first game. He’s not trained with the squad much so our linking up would have been even more fragmented. Possibly.

I'm not sure why the new guys were on the bench if there was no intention to use them.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:55 - Aug 26 with 1582 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:02 - Aug 26 by max936

I keep saying it, because its true centre midfield needs to be better Franco doesn't look to be the answer for me, we need more physicality and height in the middle of the park.

Leon used to make up for that most of the time with his quickness of thought, deed and ability to read games and find a pass, ably assisted by Joey, the game as moved on though so whether they would work as well these days is another question. skill and talent would nearly always pull through though so they would find a way is my guess.

We'll struggle to keep hold of Franco, real quality player.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:55 - Aug 26 with 1580 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:43 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

I'm not sure why the new guys were on the bench if there was no intention to use them.

To be part of the match day experience. It’s not as if they’ve taken anyone else of note’s place!

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 12:05 - Aug 26 with 1550 viewsGVJack

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:55 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

Unless we secure promotion the best we can expect is two seasons out of him. He's going to attract interest from the Premier League sooner or later and rightly so.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 12:25 - Aug 26 with 1489 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:55 - Aug 26 by union_jack

To be part of the match day experience. It’s not as if they’ve taken anyone else of note’s place!

Josh Thomas who could have offered us something towards the end yesterday.
Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 12:49 - Aug 26 with 1413 viewsmax936

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 11:55 - Aug 26 by Treforys_Jack

We'll see, needs time to settle he looked knackered and the physicality of the game got a bit to much for him especially noticeable when he went off with a sore arm !

IMO

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 13:14 - Aug 26 with 1355 viewsRhonddaSwans

The 5 for Ronald?
I know he scuffed a few shots and that attempted flick in the area was bloody frustrating .
But the guy did set up the goal + slogged his guts out for us. He deserves at least 6.5 ????

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 13:17 - Aug 26 with 1333 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 : The absolute truth … on 13:14 - Aug 26 by RhonddaSwans

The 5 for Ronald?
I know he scuffed a few shots and that attempted flick in the area was bloody frustrating .
But the guy did set up the goal + slogged his guts out for us. He deserves at least 6.5 ????

I thought he was poor, often taking the wrong decision and failing to track back as the game went on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024