Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bianchini looks like a permanent. 13:19 - Aug 22 with 6190 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trawling the internet suggests this signing is a permanent one. Other sites suggest a loan perhaps with obligation to buy. Swansea do not do these obligation deals much. They can I assumed lead to players being frozen out of it is dependent on appearances.

I assumed Abbey is homesick and looking for a permanent move back to UK.. All speculation.

I am very happy with the recruitment. Back to the ways of 2009.Up and coming players of talent

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 14:07 - Aug 22 with 4439 viewsTimBowen

I hope to gawd Bianchini doesn't get confused by kit colour if he comes on, on Sunday!?

Sorry Lads, but the link (checked twice) doesn't work for some reason?

Could just be me being a 'Technosaurus' though?
[Post edited 22 Aug 14:13]
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 14:36 - Aug 22 with 4293 viewsKeithHaynes

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 14:07 - Aug 22 by TimBowen

I hope to gawd Bianchini doesn't get confused by kit colour if he comes on, on Sunday!?

Sorry Lads, but the link (checked twice) doesn't work for some reason?

Could just be me being a 'Technosaurus' though?
[Post edited 22 Aug 14:13]

Click on the little button bottom right.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 15:06 - Aug 22 with 4155 viewsunion_jack

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 14:36 - Aug 22 by KeithHaynes

Click on the little button bottom right.

Takes me to my YT homepage, not the clip.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 18:57 - Aug 22 with 3873 viewsQJumpingJack

How can you be happy with recruitment? (at this stage).

It is going to take a lot more games before anyone connected to the club can judge.

Can the new signings put in strong performances against the likes of Sheffield United, Leeds and Burnley.

I cannot excited about decent performances against the likes of weaker teams such as Preston, Gillingham and Cardiff City.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:17 - Aug 22 with 3802 viewsmax936

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 18:57 - Aug 22 by QJumpingJack

It is going to take a lot more games before anyone connected to the club can judge.

Can the new signings put in strong performances against the likes of Sheffield United, Leeds and Burnley.

I cannot excited about decent performances against the likes of weaker teams such as Preston, Gillingham and Cardiff City.

I don't care what anyone says we are were we should be given the size of the club and the income we generate, mid table Championship side, with hopefully the odd flirtation with the playoffs will do me, anything better and I'll be delighted, anything less like relegated and I'd be mightily pizzed off.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:41 - Aug 22 with 3711 viewsdantheswansman

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:17 - Aug 22 by max936

I don't care what anyone says we are were we should be given the size of the club and the income we generate, mid table Championship side, with hopefully the odd flirtation with the playoffs will do me, anything better and I'll be delighted, anything less like relegated and I'd be mightily pizzed off.

I agree, perspective is everything, we cannot compete with the big boys but this club sure has had a knack for signing diamonds in the past
I see on Twitter people saying @we havent signed anyone@ yet you look at the players we have got ( Ronald, Franco, Eo ohm, Zan Vipotnik and more) and i begin to think what the hell these people want?
Vipotnik goal the other night was far from easy and he nailed it, a quality cross from ouyr best player Ronald and in it went.
I might be alone in thinking this but i believe we have a real good quality team who just need a tiny bit of time
That Eo ohm guy already has me very excited for what he can do when he settles a bit, make no mistake him and Ronald are going to give Cardiff no end of worries.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:47 - Aug 22 with 3659 viewsReslovenSwan1

What you say is of course true and you are right to be skeptical. However as things stand Watson and Coleman appear to be putting their words into action.

It appears 5 or 6 players have arrived and as can be determine they look quality. They have replace flakey players and injury players. A permanent keeper has been signed as well as a centre forward who features in the Euros

Last summer there's was a new Chairman new manager and new recruitment man. Ronald is hopefully more typical of this recruitment rather than Mykola.

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:49 - Aug 22 with 3628 viewsDr_Winston

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:41 - Aug 22 by dantheswansman

I agree, perspective is everything, we cannot compete with the big boys but this club sure has had a knack for signing diamonds in the past
I see on Twitter people saying @we havent signed anyone@ yet you look at the players we have got ( Ronald, Franco, Eo ohm, Zan Vipotnik and more) and i begin to think what the hell these people want?
Vipotnik goal the other night was far from easy and he nailed it, a quality cross from ouyr best player Ronald and in it went.
I might be alone in thinking this but i believe we have a real good quality team who just need a tiny bit of time
That Eo ohm guy already has me very excited for what he can do when he settles a bit, make no mistake him and Ronald are going to give Cardiff no end of worries.

What you have to understand is that there are a lot of people out there who in reality want the club to fail, even if they don't realise it, because they're much happier whinging than celebrating.

If they had nothing to moan about these people would be lost. Sometimes they even make stuff up so they can do it. You'll no doubt recognise the type on here from time to time.

We've had an OK window so far. Get these two deals done and we're maybe a striker away from a good one. Plenty of other clubs looking to do the same business for the same players at the same price.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:56 - Aug 22 with 3561 viewsraynor94

I'm more than happy with the recruitment so far, Eom Franco and Zan, add in the 2 who look like they are arriving.

How can you be unhappy, you seem to be a tad negative.

We can't compete with the big boys, but it's nice to see us cutting our cloth accordingly and living within our means.

Continuation in the Championship and maybe reach the play offs is success in my book

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 20:01 - Aug 22 with 3530 viewsWhiterockin

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:17 - Aug 22 by max936

This is what I dreamed of most of my Swans supporting life. 7 seasons in the Premier League hasn't changed that. But I would like to see a little progress season on season.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 20:43 - Aug 22 with 3368 viewsQJumpingJack

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 19:56 - Aug 22 by raynor94

I'm more than happy with the recruitment so far, Eom Franco and Zan, add in the 2 who look like they are arriving.

How can you be unhappy, you seem to be a tad negative.

We can't compete with the big boys, but it's nice to see us cutting our cloth accordingly and living within our means.

Continuation in the Championship and maybe reach the play offs is success in my book

I never said I was unhappy. I said we cannot judge.

I am unhappy in the way the club has drifted downwards over the last couple of seasons - if managers had been backed at the right time then we may now be more "competitive".
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 20:59 - Aug 22 with 3315 viewsraynor94

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 20:43 - Aug 22 by QJumpingJack

I am unhappy in the way the club has drifted downwards over the last couple of seasons - if managers had been backed at the right time then we may now be more "competitive".

That would entail gambling with money we don't have, I do agree we could have gone up under Cooper if we had signed a tidy striker instead of being lumbered with the 2 Americans

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:06 - Aug 22 with 3273 viewsQJumpingJack

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 20:59 - Aug 22 by raynor94

That would entail gambling with money we don't have, I do agree we could have gone up under Cooper if we had signed a tidy striker instead of being lumbered with the 2 Americans

the appointment of Bob Bradley is when the rot set in. We never recovered.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:11 - Aug 22 with 3228 viewsFireboy2

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:06 - Aug 22 by QJumpingJack

This ^

The yanks thought they could appoint one of their countrymen and he would succeed,

How wrong they were and they have never learnt.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:15 - Aug 22 with 3202 viewssons_of_omri

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 20:43 - Aug 22 by QJumpingJack

The clubs real mistakes were in the last three seasons of our PL stint - issuing overblown contracts to players thinking we wouldn’t get relegated. The outlay on Bony (second time) and Andre Ayew totally screwed us. We drifted so far from our previously good ethos and it crippled any chances of a swift return to the PL.

Now at least we are going back to that good ethos - I think we have far more exciting players now than since we were relegated so I’m optimistic for the first time since potter.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:26 - Aug 22 with 3066 viewsraynor94

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:06 - Aug 22 by QJumpingJack

We should have stayed up under Carvahal, we were flying and then he decided to park the bus, and the rest is history

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:30 - Aug 22 with 3008 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 20:59 - Aug 22 by raynor94

Cooper MN ade a horrendous mistake. The club perhaps Mr Scott told him to take Gyorkeres on loan with a option to buy. Instead of using what he had Cooper saw better elsewhere.

It is hindsight ok f course.

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:32 - Aug 22 with 2996 viewsGVJack

We have been drifting downwards for the past 7-8 seasons no doubt, but I'm optimistic the club have finally got their act in order and the rot will stop. I can genuinely see us pushing for a playoff spot next year. We may fall short, but I think we will improve pretty significantly on last season.

Whilst it would have been great to go back up under cooper we were no way ready to go back to the premier League. We'd have come straight back down with parachute payments and the same vicious circle would have occurred with signings not good enough for the long haul.

I think the club have hit the well needed re-set button and transfer policy seems to have vastly improved. They've not retained players no longer good or reliable enough, and we're signing players with pretty good potential on long term contracts potentially giving them the opportunity to showcase their ability and secure a more lucrative contract at a bigger club.

But why I think this will work is, let's say God forbid, we get an offer in for Franco for 15m next summer after an excellent season with us - that will be one player sale to support balancing the books and have a good income to re-invest back in the squad next year.

Lose one class player, retain the other three and Sign another 3 using the same scouting methodology which will hopefully bring success. I think the 4 signings made so far this season are going to be mustard and be the springboard for our revival.

We're moving on up back in the right direction!
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:45 - Aug 22 with 2916 viewsQJumpingJack

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:30 - Aug 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper MN ade a horrendous mistake. The club perhaps Mr Scott told him to take Gyorkeres on loan with a option to buy. Instead of using what he had Cooper saw better elsewhere.

It is hindsight ok f course.

I don't know how long you have supported the Swans but we and every club in the country have players who go elsewhere and do much better.

For example - Dean Saunders.

We also had a player called John Solako in the late 80s from Palace - who was brilliant for us on loan but our chairman at the time Doug Sharpe refused to pay the £100,000 asking price from Ron Noades.

It may be wise to drop the Gyokeres example as only a handful of people know the decision process on signing him on loan and his return to Brighton. I would not rely on WalesOnline as your source.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 23:24 - Aug 22 with 2624 viewssons_of_omri

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:45 - Aug 22 by QJumpingJack

I don't know how long you have supported the Swans but we and every club in the country have players who go elsewhere and do much better.

For example - Dean Saunders.

We also had a player called John Solako in the late 80s from Palace - who was brilliant for us on loan but our chairman at the time Doug Sharpe refused to pay the £100,000 asking price from Ron Noades.

It may be wise to drop the Gyokeres example as only a handful of people know the decision process on signing him on loan and his return to Brighton. I would not rely on WalesOnline as your source.

Salako was different gravy wasn’t he. Penny wise, pound foolish
[Post edited 22 Aug 23:25]
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 06:43 - Aug 23 with 2349 viewsDr_Winston

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 21:26 - Aug 22 by raynor94

We should have stayed up under Carvahal, we were flying and then he decided to park the bus, and the rest is history

Again with this...

It's quite simple. Work out the points per game we achieved before Fer got injured, and after when we had to rely on Ki. I have.

Carvalhal lost his most influential player and had to replace him with a shithouse who had already decided to leave. We lost basically every midfield battle after that. Add in Jordan Ayew getting himself sent off and he was screwed.

Carvalhal made some mistakes, but every time I see someone blame him entirely for our relegation my head spins. He's not even remotely as culpable as Paul Clement was in any case.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 12:10 - Aug 23 with 1924 viewsjack247

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 06:43 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Again with this...

It's quite simple. Work out the points per game we achieved before Fer got injured, and after when we had to rely on Ki. I have.

Carvalhal lost his most influential player and had to replace him with a shithouse who had already decided to leave. We lost basically every midfield battle after that. Add in Jordan Ayew getting himself sent off and he was screwed.

Carvalhal made some mistakes, but every time I see someone blame him entirely for our relegation my head spins. He's not even remotely as culpable as Paul Clement was in any case.

Still amazes me we haven’t had a Fer/Pratley type box to box midfielder since relegation
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 12:22 - Aug 23 with 1854 viewsDr_Winston

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 12:10 - Aug 23 by jack247

Still amazes me we haven’t had a Fer/Pratley type box to box midfielder since relegation

We did have one in Ntcham but for reasons known only to himself RM mostly stuck him wide, or on the bench. The last dozen or so games of the 22/23 season when he finally did play him through the middle showed us all what we'd been missing.

That's mostly been the problem IMO. Potter, Cooper and Martin never really seemed to want that kind of player in the team, preferring players to pass the ball rather than carry it up the pitch. Ditto Duff to a point, although he did get more urgency out of Grimes.

I've made no secret of wanting more out of Williams but the fact that we're bringing in players with flair and pace is a big mark in his favour. Maybe Franco can be the guy in the middle.

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 12:36 - Aug 23 with 1786 viewsWhiterockin

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 12:22 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

We did have one in Ntcham but for reasons known only to himself RM mostly stuck him wide, or on the bench. The last dozen or so games of the 22/23 season when he finally did play him through the middle showed us all what we'd been missing.

That's mostly been the problem IMO. Potter, Cooper and Martin never really seemed to want that kind of player in the team, preferring players to pass the ball rather than carry it up the pitch. Ditto Duff to a point, although he did get more urgency out of Grimes.

I've made no secret of wanting more out of Williams but the fact that we're bringing in players with flair and pace is a big mark in his favour. Maybe Franco can be the guy in the middle.

I would like to see Grimes DM and both Franco and Eom AMs. Hopefully it will be the way forward when we have a player to replace Eom out wide
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 13:32 - Aug 23 with 1617 viewsRichardO

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 12:36 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

I would like to see Grimes DM and both Franco and Eom AMs. Hopefully it will be the way forward when we have a player to replace Eom out wide

All about opinions but I want to see two players around Grimes who are quick, alert and can read the defensive part of the game, to me Grimes lack of pace in a defensive role gets exposed by better teams and he needs support to keep us defensively strong. If Grimes sits deep too often with Tymon and Key pushing on it also leaves us exposed.
[Post edited 23 Aug 13:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024