Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bianchini looks like a permanent. 13:19 - Aug 22 with 6308 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trawling the internet suggests this signing is a permanent one. Other sites suggest a loan perhaps with obligation to buy. Swansea do not do these obligation deals much. They can I assumed lead to players being frozen out of it is dependent on appearances.

I assumed Abbey is homesick and looking for a permanent move back to UK.. All speculation.

I am very happy with the recruitment. Back to the ways of 2009.Up and coming players of talent

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 15:32 - Aug 23 with 1568 viewsjack247

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 12:22 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

We did have one in Ntcham but for reasons known only to himself RM mostly stuck him wide, or on the bench. The last dozen or so games of the 22/23 season when he finally did play him through the middle showed us all what we'd been missing.

That's mostly been the problem IMO. Potter, Cooper and Martin never really seemed to want that kind of player in the team, preferring players to pass the ball rather than carry it up the pitch. Ditto Duff to a point, although he did get more urgency out of Grimes.

I've made no secret of wanting more out of Williams but the fact that we're bringing in players with flair and pace is a big mark in his favour. Maybe Franco can be the guy in the middle.

Ntcham was better than either of them in their final third, but a liability in ours. I mean someone who can pick it up in our final third and drive through to the opponents box. With cover behind him, Ntcham could certainly break a defensive line, which is something we also lacked last season.

Completely agree with the last paragraph. Although the squad is thin and only two players arrived in time for Preston, the players we have signed do look quality.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 17:50 - Aug 23 with 1327 viewsDr_Winston

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 15:32 - Aug 23 by jack247

Ntcham was better than either of them in their final third, but a liability in ours. I mean someone who can pick it up in our final third and drive through to the opponents box. With cover behind him, Ntcham could certainly break a defensive line, which is something we also lacked last season.

Completely agree with the last paragraph. Although the squad is thin and only two players arrived in time for Preston, the players we have signed do look quality.

He didn't need to be capable in our final third. You nailed it with the rest of that paragraph. His job was to come and get it from players who were. De Guzman was probably the finest exponent of the role that we've had in a long time and did very little defending. He knew to drop back just deep enough to make himself available for Leon, and then his focus was forwards.

Having our creative options get bogged down in in our own defensive third is exactly the problem when Grimes and Fulton start dropping so deep. This is a modern tactical problem I think.
[Post edited 24 Aug 8:47]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 18:38 - Aug 23 with 1189 viewsRichardO

Glad to see these incomings today, nothing wrong with competition for places and options.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 23:06 - Aug 23 with 825 viewssons_of_omri

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 18:38 - Aug 23 by RichardO

Glad to see these incomings today, nothing wrong with competition for places and options.

And again young players with points to prove. Both are quick so another good sign for us.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 09:00 - Aug 24 with 608 viewsjack247

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 17:50 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

He didn't need to be capable in our final third. You nailed it with the rest of that paragraph. His job was to come and get it from players who were. De Guzman was probably the finest exponent of the role that we've had in a long time and did very little defending. He knew to drop back just deep enough to make himself available for Leon, and then his focus was forwards.

Having our creative options get bogged down in in our own defensive third is exactly the problem when Grimes and Fulton start dropping so deep. This is a modern tactical problem I think.
[Post edited 24 Aug 8:47]

Yeah I get he didn’t need to do that. He was superb at what he did and was wasted when played out wide. Couldn’t knock him off the ball, superb footwork and he could shoot. Exactly what you need to break a packed defence, particularly when your build up is slow like ours was.

What I mean is a proper box to box player like Pratley or Fer. I don’t know why midfielders have to be attack or defence minded. I love a player who can impact both areas. I know it’s not just our club, I can’t think of many Keane or Gerrard types in the PL either.
Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 474 viewsRichardO

Bianchini looks like a permanent. on 09:00 - Aug 24 by jack247

Yeah I get he didn’t need to do that. He was superb at what he did and was wasted when played out wide. Couldn’t knock him off the ball, superb footwork and he could shoot. Exactly what you need to break a packed defence, particularly when your build up is slow like ours was.

What I mean is a proper box to box player like Pratley or Fer. I don’t know why midfielders have to be attack or defence minded. I love a player who can impact both areas. I know it’s not just our club, I can’t think of many Keane or Gerrard types in the PL either.

The best thing about watching a competent box to box player is when the.team is set up so they didn't need to go from box to box all the time. Their primary position is in the middle of the park from which they can open up play with their movement and vision, while suppressing the opposition with the same movement and vision but an individual player cannot do it alone, team work and the right players in it to accommodate each players skills.
Always like to see football played that reduces the midfield defensive work load so midfielders can concentrate on the attacking element of their game.
Defenders who can attack and win the ball so it goes forward or able to control it negates the need for the midfielder to drop deep.
Good midfielders when seeing our defenders push forward look to see where gaps that are being created, if the team is working properly then they can decide if they need to cover the defensive gaps or whether they can join the attacking move.
I wouldn't call Ntcham a midfielder for me he was an attacker and as such needed supply and movement around him so with his abilities he could create the extra space needed in that area of the pitch to punish the opposition.
Love seeing the box to box player going beyond the forward line as needed but hate when they are sitting on the same line as the forward having gone too early so leaving tightly marked players with no options.
Attackers, defenders or midfielders , full back, centre halves, centre forwards, wingers, false number ten or real number ten what ever that means, eleven players against eleven players, quality stands out in what they do when managed properly.
We needed players into strengthen the squad so a promising one in is welcome let's hope no more go outuntil the team strength can be accessed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024