Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? 18:45 - Aug 26 with 29154 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/58366/jim-bentley-set-to-be

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:46 - Aug 27 with 2714 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:59 - Aug 27 by oddjob007

3 managers to turn us down would suggest exactly that!

They haven't though. Radio Bolton haven't quite told the full story.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:48 - Aug 27 with 2685 viewsfitzochris

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:46 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

They haven't though. Radio Bolton haven't quite told the full story.

Absolutely correct.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:49 - Aug 27 with 2671 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:42 - Aug 27 by fourfourtwo

Is that it?

Wow, that was disappointing.

I’m not here to be a “WUM” (your words). I’m a proper fan, with proper concerns but you’ve taken a dislike to me.

As I’ve said. I want to chat this through. I’m sick of pathetic little swipes on the internet. Message me & we’ll talk.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 17:43]

Have you a quote where I called you a WUM? I may have been switching in between threatening kids and posting on here so I’ve genuinely forgotten. You’ve said you know who I am in the past as we have mutual friends so just come and have a chat when you see me next.

I met a hornets fan off here the other week so I’m not averse to having a pint with anyone.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:51 - Aug 27 with 2656 viewsBucketBstard

Oh No , Sorry , extremely poor choice. And after watching that tripe today . He will need to work miracles . NGR has left us with the worst set of players I have ever seen.
Doubr Bentley can do anything with this lot.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:53 - Aug 27 with 2646 viewsfourfourtwo

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:49 - Aug 27 by kel

Have you a quote where I called you a WUM? I may have been switching in between threatening kids and posting on here so I’ve genuinely forgotten. You’ve said you know who I am in the past as we have mutual friends so just come and have a chat when you see me next.

I met a hornets fan off here the other week so I’m not averse to having a pint with anyone.

Thought as much.

I have no intentions of posting on this forum. Don’t reference me.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:53 - Aug 27 with 2621 views442Dale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:51 - Aug 27 by BucketBstard

Oh No , Sorry , extremely poor choice. And after watching that tripe today . He will need to work miracles . NGR has left us with the worst set of players I have ever seen.

Is it possible to address the previous posts which challenged whether this was our worst set of players? Posts which provided evidence.

Repeating the same thing doesn’t make it so.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:56 - Aug 27 with 2593 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:53 - Aug 27 by fourfourtwo

Thought as much.

I have no intentions of posting on this forum. Don’t reference me.

Are you all there? You insulted me on one post, wanted to meet me on your next because of “swiping” (which you did) and now you’re telling me I’m a naughty boy again.

Go for a walk or summat. Clear your head.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:00]
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:04 - Aug 27 with 2553 viewsfourfourtwo

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:56 - Aug 27 by kel

Are you all there? You insulted me on one post, wanted to meet me on your next because of “swiping” (which you did) and now you’re telling me I’m a naughty boy again.

You have literally just brought me into this post inferring I had a vendetta against Stockdale?

Are you ill? I’m absolute fine. I just have absolutely no time for people like you giving it big licks. Its embarrassing.

Your whole public disagreement with RAFC Fan Page was an absolute embarrassment & a stain on the club.

I don’t understand why you enjoy arguing with other teams fans on Twitter so much it’s downright strange.

Regarding Stockdale, there was no vendetta. He was just absolutely awful at his job and I wasn’t afraid to admit it. If only more had done the same eh?
Login to get fewer ads

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:05 - Aug 27 with 2546 viewsfourfourtwo

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:56 - Aug 27 by kel

I’m all there yes.

I’m fairly certain you would slaughter other fans of mocking somebody’s mental health with such comments.

When the shoe fits eh?
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:07 - Aug 27 with 2516 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:51 - Aug 27 by BucketBstard

Who would you appoint?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:12 - Aug 27 with 2454 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:04 - Aug 27 by fourfourtwo

You have literally just brought me into this post inferring I had a vendetta against Stockdale?

Are you ill? I’m absolute fine. I just have absolutely no time for people like you giving it big licks. Its embarrassing.

Your whole public disagreement with RAFC Fan Page was an absolute embarrassment & a stain on the club.

I don’t understand why you enjoy arguing with other teams fans on Twitter so much it’s downright strange.

Regarding Stockdale, there was no vendetta. He was just absolutely awful at his job and I wasn’t afraid to admit it. If only more had done the same eh?

“I have no intentions of posting on this forum”. Yet here you are, just minutes later.

“A stain on the club” Oooh, I do hope managers allegedly turning us down wasn’t my fault

I like arguing, I’d have imagined even someone as simple as you would have realised that by now. Keep following my tweets though it’s “cute” as you would say. If they make you cry, then all the better.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:13 - Aug 27 with 2443 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:05 - Aug 27 by fourfourtwo

I’m all there yes.

I’m fairly certain you would slaughter other fans of mocking somebody’s mental health with such comments.

When the shoe fits eh?

I think the saying is “when the cap fits” but don’t let me patronise you, pumpkin.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:14]
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 2426 viewsfourfourtwo

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:12 - Aug 27 by kel

“I have no intentions of posting on this forum”. Yet here you are, just minutes later.

“A stain on the club” Oooh, I do hope managers allegedly turning us down wasn’t my fault

I like arguing, I’d have imagined even someone as simple as you would have realised that by now. Keep following my tweets though it’s “cute” as you would say. If they make you cry, then all the better.

Just think about how old you are and re-read that post.

You are a pathetic excuse of a man, I actually feel sorry for you.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:17 - Aug 27 with 2404 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:16 - Aug 27 by fourfourtwo

Just think about how old you are and re-read that post.

You are a pathetic excuse of a man, I actually feel sorry for you.

Thanks, sugar. Remember to let us know when you’re not going to post again so I can get my stopwatch out.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:25 - Aug 27 with 2355 viewsJames1980

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:07 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Who would you appoint?

The chap at Kidderminster would be my shout. Not sure why

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:42 - Aug 27 with 2099 viewsShun

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:48 - Aug 27 by fitzochris

Absolutely correct.

As I said on the other thread, why don’t you tell the full story? It’s easy to take swipes at people on Twitter for believing rumours when you have a lot more knowledge than the average fan. If you’d rather wait until after a new manager is appointed, that’s fine.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:06 - Aug 27 with 1995 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:42 - Aug 27 by Shun

As I said on the other thread, why don’t you tell the full story? It’s easy to take swipes at people on Twitter for believing rumours when you have a lot more knowledge than the average fan. If you’d rather wait until after a new manager is appointed, that’s fine.

I think Fitz has earned enough respect through the years for it to be apparent why he can't or won't "tell the full story".

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:15 - Aug 27 with 1925 viewsSuddenLad

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:06 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

I think Fitz has earned enough respect through the years for it to be apparent why he can't or won't "tell the full story".

It seems from what's being said today, that no-one has turned the job down, because in order to do so, they would have to have been offered it in the first place.

To say people have 'turned down' the job, would therefore be wrong.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:22 - Aug 27 with 1889 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:15 - Aug 27 by SuddenLad

It seems from what's being said today, that no-one has turned the job down, because in order to do so, they would have to have been offered it in the first place.

To say people have 'turned down' the job, would therefore be wrong.

Correct, which has been alluded to a few times already.

Shame on Radio Bolton for saying otherwise.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:25 - Aug 27 with 1875 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:06 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

He certainly has, but to a certain extent i agree with Shun

Adding something along the lines of "Unable to give the full picture, but..." rather than coming across to those who aren't au fait with these things as ITK-ism

That's not a criticism, just a suggestion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:31 - Aug 27 with 1847 viewsFrog

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:05 - Aug 27 by fourfourtwo

I’m all there yes.

When the shoe fits eh?

Just block him, the board is better that way.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 20:32]
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:32 - Aug 27 with 1838 viewsShun

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:25 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

He certainly has, but to a certain extent i agree with Shun

Adding something along the lines of "Unable to give the full picture, but..." rather than coming across to those who aren't au fait with these things as ITK-ism

That's not a criticism, just a suggestion

Absolutely. And I didn’t mean my post to come across as a criticism to Chris who, as TVOS says, has the respect of every Dale fan.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:36 - Aug 27 with 1806 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:31 - Aug 27 by Frog

Just block him, the board is better that way.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 20:32]

Awww, upset because I called you out for slagging off the club?

Bless.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:43 - Aug 27 with 1768 viewsfitzochris

Sorry. Didn’t mean to be patronising, I was just agreeing with the pointing out that Radio Bolton are presenting as fact something that is not.

As SuddenLad says, you have to be offered the job to turn it down. As has also been said, I can’t really comment any more than that as, whoever does get the job, it would be unfair on them and it would do nobody any good to rake over the also rans.

It’s fair to say our stock has fallen in the past four years, but all this about people not touching us with a bargepole simply isn’t true.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:49 - Aug 27 with 1701 viewsJames1980

The chairman said we had had 100 applicants. Why would we ignore those first? (Rhetorical)

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024