Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? 18:45 - Aug 26 with 29152 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/58366/jim-bentley-set-to-be

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:50 - Aug 27 with 5178 viewsfitzochris

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:42 - Aug 27 by Shun

As I said on the other thread, why don’t you tell the full story? It’s easy to take swipes at people on Twitter for believing rumours when you have a lot more knowledge than the average fan. If you’d rather wait until after a new manager is appointed, that’s fine.

The “swipe” on Twitter was aimed at the hysteria based on rumours. I saw one person saying they would hand their season card back if Hill got the job, for example. It wasn’t ITK-ism, it was a genuine call for calm until an actual appointment was announced.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:14 - Aug 27 with 5037 viewsEllDale

Out of the 100 applicants I suspect that a large percentage quite simply weren’t credible.
Has Bentley actually been offered the job? And accepted it?
I’m confused because most posters on here and on social media are taking it as read and yet I’ve seen nothing official?
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:43 - Aug 27 with 4902 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 18:25 - Aug 27 by James1980

The chap at Kidderminster would be my shout. Not sure why

Jan Molby?

Best ask Troy Hawke about that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:44 - Aug 27 with 4894 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 20:50 - Aug 27 by fitzochris

The “swipe” on Twitter was aimed at the hysteria based on rumours. I saw one person saying they would hand their season card back if Hill got the job, for example. It wasn’t ITK-ism, it was a genuine call for calm until an actual appointment was announced.

That's clearly not ITK-ism

It might well be that Twitter 'exchanges' (which i don't follow) spill over onto here, or perhaps responses might become slightly skewed because of them - which is probably why i stay clear! I don't envy anyone having inside knowledge and then seeing a position misrepresented but being unable to put the record straight

Keep up the good fight

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:24 - Aug 27 with 4758 viewsJames1980

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:43 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Jan Molby?

Best ask Troy Hawke about that.

At the risk of a whooshing Russell Penn.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:42 - Aug 27 with 4686 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 21:44 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

That's clearly not ITK-ism

It might well be that Twitter 'exchanges' (which i don't follow) spill over onto here, or perhaps responses might become slightly skewed because of them - which is probably why i stay clear! I don't envy anyone having inside knowledge and then seeing a position misrepresented but being unable to put the record straight

Keep up the good fight

You'd be ace on Twitter. You'd give kel a run in the "I love arguing" stakes.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:50 - Aug 27 with 4643 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:42 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

You'd be ace on Twitter. You'd give kel a run in the "I love arguing" stakes.

I'll bow to kel's Twitter prowess

I love arguing so bloody much that i'd never be off Twitter if i started! Also dislike the idea of "following" anyone, which is what you have to do, apparently

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 23:00 - Aug 27 with 4583 viewskel

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:50 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

I'll bow to kel's Twitter prowess

I love arguing so bloody much that i'd never be off Twitter if i started! Also dislike the idea of "following" anyone, which is what you have to do, apparently

Not necessarily. Once the fannys block you can create a new account and not follow anyone to still see them crying. You could do the same with a regular account.

An example would be Andy Mazey who spat his dummy with me ages back so I just nosy at his tweets now for the entertainment of when he’s started on the beer. He’s at it again tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 23:07 - Aug 27 with 4552 viewsD_Alien

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 23:00 - Aug 27 by kel

Not necessarily. Once the fannys block you can create a new account and not follow anyone to still see them crying. You could do the same with a regular account.

An example would be Andy Mazey who spat his dummy with me ages back so I just nosy at his tweets now for the entertainment of when he’s started on the beer. He’s at it again tonight.

I'll take your word for it, but not tempted

On a quiet day, and with multiple accounts, i'd end up arguing with myself!

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 23:14 - Aug 27 with 4537 viewsThreeLions

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 23:00 - Aug 27 by kel

Looks like his sacking of Matt Calland has upset more people than he expected. Matt's mates won't let this settle...ever 🤣
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 3620 viewsDorkingDale

Confirmed
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:14 - Aug 29 with 3566 viewsZac_B

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 23:07 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

I'll take your word for it, but not tempted

On a quiet day, and with multiple accounts, i'd end up arguing with myself!

I took myself off Twitter as working from home and sometimes getting a tad bored led me to endless arguing. I now just argue with my dog!
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:40 - Aug 29 with 3474 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 19:02 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

28% win record at Morecambe.
Stockdales win record at Dale was 27%.
Not thrilling reading but hopefully a new face and a new voice will help the players. Here's hoping.

400 games at Morecambe, Stockdale 40 odd so you can't really compare. Broken down I wonder what JB's L2 ratio is. I'm sure TVOS will have the figures.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:01 - Aug 29 with 3398 viewsZac_B

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:40 - Aug 29 by RooleyMoorBlue

400 games at Morecambe, Stockdale 40 odd so you can't really compare. Broken down I wonder what JB's L2 ratio is. I'm sure TVOS will have the figures.

Yes, 28% win ratio BUT a lot of draws in games where Morecambe were probably expected to lose, which is what Dale could do with at the moment .
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:12 - Aug 29 with 3366 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:40 - Aug 29 by RooleyMoorBlue

If you take out the cups, he only managed Morecambe in League Two.

384 games, 110 wins, 109 draws and 165 defeats.

I think we need to take the expectations and position of Morecambe in the footballing pyramid into account, though, as well as the fact those statistics effectively reset after every 46 games.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:14 - Aug 29 with 3360 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 10:14 - Aug 29 by Zac_B

I took myself off Twitter as working from home and sometimes getting a tad bored led me to endless arguing. I now just argue with my dog!

A dog?

I've seen bigger mice!

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 12:18 - Aug 29 with 3209 viewsZac_B

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 11:14 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

A dog?

I've seen bigger mice!

Ha! Well at least it's easy to win an argument with something at ankle height. I'm sure Judd will second your size statement having bumped into him in Hebden yesterday...
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:40 - Aug 29 with 2898 views49thseason

28% wins from 40 games isn't going to be enough, I think we are going to need 14 x 3, 42 points from wins (35%) plus 10 or more draws to avoid another drop. Not an easy task and not one that can be achieved by a concentration on defending. We have to go out to win home games at all costs. Horses for courses now, win at home draw away has to be the mantra. Two different approaches, two different set-ups.
Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:52 - Aug 29 with 2858 views442Dale

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:40 - Aug 29 by 49thseason

28% wins from 40 games isn't going to be enough, I think we are going to need 14 x 3, 42 points from wins (35%) plus 10 or more draws to avoid another drop. Not an easy task and not one that can be achieved by a concentration on defending. We have to go out to win home games at all costs. Horses for courses now, win at home draw away has to be the mantra. Two different approaches, two different set-ups.

His win percentage/points attained was enough to keep Morecambe up every year. That’s all that matters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 17:47 - Aug 29 with 2683 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:40 - Aug 29 by 49thseason

But that's what happened at Morecambe across multiple seasons, where form can fluctuate from one extreme to the other. What's to say it won't be bettered at Dale? And were Morecambe ever relegated under him?

Our best-ever manager, who got us promotion twice, is currently 23rd in the National League.

Your calculations would give us 53 points. Oldham had 38 last season and finished 23rd. Southend went down on 45 the year before, Notts County had 41 in 2018/19, Barnet 46 in 2017/18...

I've gone back to 1996/97 so far and no team with 53 points has ever been relegated. In the time since then, only two teams have been relegated with 50+ points.

You're right with what we need to do in games, but I'm sure Even Bigger Jim knows that.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 22:47 - Aug 29 with 2164 viewsD_Alien

Stats mean f*ck all

We'll see what Jim B can bring to the party in due course. He's got a point (or three) to prove after his experience at Fylde. He comes across like he could easily be stood on the Sandy, after a pre-match bevy. He's got the most motivated fanbase to take with him, and a club that would grant him all he could wish for in terms of the rest of his career if he can produce a football team we all deserve
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 22:49]

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:37 - Aug 30 with 1737 viewselectricblue

Am i missing something!
Where is Big Jims new manager interview?.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 15:11 - Aug 30 with 1618 viewsTVOS1907

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 14:37 - Aug 30 by electricblue

Am i missing something!

Maybe he's been preparing for tonight's game.

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 15:31 - Aug 30 with 1537 viewsD_Alien

Am i missing something!

"Am i missing something!"

I'll say...

Jim Bentley Set To Be Appointed Manager? on 16:31 - Aug 30 with 1381 viewsDaleiLama

Am i missing something!

Usually an "h", but who's counting?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024