Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doughty 17:03 - Jan 15 with 8538 viewsNorthernr

Gone to Swindon on loan.

Prepare the boiling oil.
Doughty on 17:05 - Jan 15 with 4380 viewsRangersDave

Oh dear, another deemed not worthy of a Rangers place, but one who if we are to play the youngsters, needs blooding in the first team.

Are we just going for old mercenaries again?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Doughty on 17:05 - Jan 15 with 4378 viewsOldPedro

Just posted that as well - thought he has done well enough in the games he has played to be in our 1st team, not off on loan.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Doughty on 17:06 - Jan 15 with 4367 viewsadhoc_qpr

Might as well go on loan if we aren't going to play him i guess.

Falls into the category of always looks decent enough to me but never gets picked ahead of Henry/Toszer/a half-fit Sandro - so i must be missing something.
Doughty on 17:08 - Jan 15 with 4350 viewsWatford_Ranger

Doughty on 17:06 - Jan 15 by adhoc_qpr

Might as well go on loan if we aren't going to play him i guess.

Falls into the category of always looks decent enough to me but never gets picked ahead of Henry/Toszer/a half-fit Sandro - so i must be missing something.

You aren't, that's the issue. He's a B player with a D name so we'll pick a C player with an A name instead.
Doughty on 17:13 - Jan 15 with 4308 viewssimmo

Does this open the (cage) door for Samba?!

Probably his level in all honesty, that being said - he's hardly let himself down when given the opportunity this season and he has the youth and legs to play at a higher intensity than most, which JFH apparently wants.

But what do I know/who cares, etc.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Doughty on 17:13 - Jan 15 with 4302 viewssimmo

Doughty on 17:08 - Jan 15 by Watford_Ranger

You aren't, that's the issue. He's a B player with a D name so we'll pick a C player with an A name instead.

Wonderfully put.

Doughty on 17:14 - Jan 15 with 4285 viewsJamie

Doughty on 17:08 - Jan 15 by Watford_Ranger

Correct.
Doughty on 17:17 - Jan 15 with 4270 viewswhittocksRs

Just bomb out all the kids and be done with it.
Login to get fewer ads

Doughty on 17:21 - Jan 15 with 4239 viewsFleetRss

I honestly have no idea what LF is thinking with this one.

From day one his narrative has been that one of his main aims is to go back to the days of using the academy to produce players for the first team. Yet here we are playing Henry and Tozser, two very average players on short-term contracts with no monetary value to the club, ahead of a very capable academy graduate.
Doughty on 17:24 - Jan 15 with 4226 viewsRBlock

Doughty on 17:13 - Jan 15 by simmo

Does this open the (cage) door for Samba?!

Probably his level in all honesty, that being said - he's hardly let himself down when given the opportunity this season and he has the youth and legs to play at a higher intensity than most, which JFH apparently wants.

But what do I know/who cares, etc.

I'm not sure that's fair, I'd like to see him given a run of games at this level. Great work rate, tucks into his challenges, never hides and a decent left foot as well. I was impressed with a couple of his cameos in the prem last year, think he certainly has enough about him to succeed at this level.

What happened to Les waxing lyrical about how much fitter he got over summer as well? Not into this Les bashing nonsense, but it does seem like not much has changed, bringing in Toszer when we have a player here who could very well do the same, if not a better job.
Doughty on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 4220 viewsLblock

Just seen this and the pit of my slightly relaxed stomach feels slightly queasy

There is no hope for us as Karl "Fcuking" Henry remains a shoe in.
The man who has Captained a side two consecutive drops, who has more relegations on his CV over the last 5 years than a stray has fleas. The knackered, slow, cant tackle, cant pass, cant head, cant shoot, cant defend central midfielder, that man.

Jesus I hate this club sometimes

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Doughty on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 4221 viewswhittocksRs

Doughty on 17:21 - Jan 15 by FleetRss

I honestly have no idea what LF is thinking with this one.

From day one his narrative has been that one of his main aims is to go back to the days of using the academy to produce players for the first team. Yet here we are playing Henry and Tozser, two very average players on short-term contracts with no monetary value to the club, ahead of a very capable academy graduate.

Fernandes decided he wanted promotion this season, and I doubt that notion has changed in the 2-3 months since the strategy change. Ferdinand is showing a little bit of inexperience, bombing out the kids so he doesn't have to worry about fans demanding they play, and signing more supposedly big name players in a wild bid to go on a bonkers run for the play-offs.

If the whole consolidation thing had continued, I reckon Doughty, Furlong, Petrasso and Harriman would all have had proper chances this season.
Doughty on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 4218 viewsNW10Hoop

Looked pretty decent to me anytime I've seen him playing.

I'm at the point of not really questioning team sheets or transfers away from us anymore though.I've got to just trust that our manager, CEO and DOF have the club's best interests at heart and let them get on with it - certainly in JFH's case. He's only been here 10 minutes...... or until we hear rumours of Adebayor being offered a 4 year deal.
Doughty on 17:29 - Jan 15 with 4176 viewsconnell10

Again not a named player or ex international so he won't get a look in at rangers! I'm to tired to get angry. It is what it is!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Doughty on 17:32 - Jan 15 with 4157 viewsLowerloftLad

if we end up selling doughty,and furlong along with Harriman who's already you been sold at the end of the season can I ask when was the last time 3 young QPR players were all sold to football league sides in one year ? Does this not start to show we can produce players at a football league standard ?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2016 17:34]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Doughty on 17:34 - Jan 15 with 4140 viewssimmo

Doughty on 17:24 - Jan 15 by RBlock

I'm not sure that's fair, I'd like to see him given a run of games at this level. Great work rate, tucks into his challenges, never hides and a decent left foot as well. I was impressed with a couple of his cameos in the prem last year, think he certainly has enough about him to succeed at this level.

What happened to Les waxing lyrical about how much fitter he got over summer as well? Not into this Les bashing nonsense, but it does seem like not much has changed, bringing in Toszer when we have a player here who could very well do the same, if not a better job.

I agree that I've always liked the look of him when he's played, got a great left foot and gets around the pitch well. That said he's still quite naive in certain aspects, as you'd expect from someone with so few games for us.

My point is I think he's spent too long with us and not been given a long enough run to show his worth - so I think he'll end up as a league one player. I would have said that he's a lower half Championship player but then why would QPR (a lower half championship team) loan him out

Doughty on 17:39 - Jan 15 with 4112 viewsNorthernr

Doughty on 17:34 - Jan 15 by simmo

I agree that I've always liked the look of him when he's played, got a great left foot and gets around the pitch well. That said he's still quite naive in certain aspects, as you'd expect from someone with so few games for us.

My point is I think he's spent too long with us and not been given a long enough run to show his worth - so I think he'll end up as a league one player. I would have said that he's a lower half Championship player but then why would QPR (a lower half championship team) loan him out

"I think he'll end up as a League One player"

So will the rest of our squad if they don't pull their bloody fingers out.
Doughty on 17:46 - Jan 15 with 4071 viewsterryb

Why am I not surprised?

In my mind he should have been a regular in the side this season & we will be worse off without him.

For his development though, I am pleased that he will be playing games now. Like Harriman, he will probably be a lot better off when he leaves the mad enviroment of Queens Park Rangers!
Doughty on 17:54 - Jan 15 with 4031 viewsolderR

I'm sure they have sent him there to play each week, get really fit to slot into our team after all the dross has left during the transfer window.

Doughty on 18:01 - Jan 15 with 3983 viewsbosh67

Easily the best of the players coming through so I am delighted that we have sent him out on loan. I look forward to us signing a 30 year old Italian or such like on a 3 year deal. Welcome Marco Knackardi.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Doughty on 18:06 - Jan 15 with 3959 viewsRangersDave

In fact any of these would do for a laugh......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/20-rudest-footballer-names-ever-3069

Gotta be good to,have one or 2 of these in our team if only to brighten the day when we lose.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Doughty on 18:07 - Jan 15 with 3958 viewsessextaxiboy

I would have thought he was just the type of player to come off the bench to keep the pressing game going to the end , something we dont seem to be able to do at the moment .

Almost given up trying to understand what the plan is TBH.
Doughty on 18:16 - Jan 15 with 3932 viewsSomersetHoops

Doughty on 18:07 - Jan 15 by essextaxiboy

I would have thought he was just the type of player to come off the bench to keep the pressing game going to the end , something we dont seem to be able to do at the moment .

Almost given up trying to understand what the plan is TBH.

Why would any decent young promising player come to QPR. They stand zero chance of ever playing for the first team and after about 20 deteriorate by being loaned out from pillar to post and never feeling part of QPR. These actions are continuing the failure of QPR and until they change the club will never sort out its problems. Our owners and the people employed by them seem to have learnt nothing and they continue to get the abject failure they deserve.

Who's Next?

Doughty on 18:24 - Jan 15 with 3902 viewsbosh67

Doughty on 18:16 - Jan 15 by SomersetHoops

Why would any decent young promising player come to QPR. They stand zero chance of ever playing for the first team and after about 20 deteriorate by being loaned out from pillar to post and never feeling part of QPR. These actions are continuing the failure of QPR and until they change the club will never sort out its problems. Our owners and the people employed by them seem to have learnt nothing and they continue to get the abject failure they deserve.

Agreed. How will young players ever get a chance or gel if they are sent out all the time. Club never learns.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Doughty on 18:30 - Jan 15 with 3873 viewsDiscodroids

A Number One.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024