Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! 11:09 - Dec 16 with 12366 viewsJonDoeman

Surprised me anyway !

It Is What It Is !!

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:17 - Dec 17 with 1995 viewsconnell10

It seems the only winners here are fans who can afford to pay out right for a season ticket in a one payment, fans like me who are paying monthly will surely have at least a couple of months when we will have to pay for 2 season tickets at once plus the interest! This dont seem very fair to me and im a bit pissed off with this to be honest!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:32 - Dec 17 with 1982 viewsNorthernr

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:17 - Dec 17 by connell10

It seems the only winners here are fans who can afford to pay out right for a season ticket in a one payment, fans like me who are paying monthly will surely have at least a couple of months when we will have to pay for 2 season tickets at once plus the interest! This dont seem very fair to me and im a bit pissed off with this to be honest!

You can stagger payments over next season same as always can't you?
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:51 - Dec 17 with 1946 viewsterryb

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:22 - Dec 17 by daveB

The financial year ends in April doesn't it so usually we would have one lot of season ticket sales in that period but with this they will have 2 sets of season ticket sales so will help with FFP for this season

Unless accounting laws have changed, season ticket income for the 16-17 season will have to be reflected in the accounts for that period.

The sales are on a match by match basis for accounting terms & thus would be regarded as payments in advance in the set of accounts.

The same applies to expenditure. If, for example, the cost of policing for next season had to be paid for in advance, the costs would be accrued for & not affect this years accounts.

This is certainly the case in business.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:57 - Dec 17 with 1938 viewsterryb

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:17 - Dec 17 by connell10

connell,

According to a poster on not606, the paying for a ticket by installments will not start until August.

If this is correct, it will stop you having to make two payments in April etc.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 19:58]
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 20:58 - Dec 17 with 1892 viewsconnell10

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:57 - Dec 17 by terryb

connell,

According to a poster on not606, the paying for a ticket by installments will not start until August.

If this is correct, it will stop you having to make two payments in April etc.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 19:58]

Well i hope thats right mate as im hard pushed at the moment just paying for this seasons ticket each month let alone having to fork out for two at once!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 21:27 - Dec 17 with 1878 viewsLythamR

I am ok with the renewal price but I do think that end of March is a bit early for the deadline. but i suppose if they are offering one price for earlybird regardless of division then the cut off needs to be before the division we will be playing in has been descided

it does i suppose also improve cashflow at a time that the club traditionally struggled financially
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 09:12 - Dec 18 with 1794 viewsPinnerPaul

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 15:37 - Dec 17 by Jamie

Not true PP, they can claim the income in this financial period but that would mean they're looking at a large shortfall for next year...

...unless they're gambling on access to the new PL tv deal next year of course.

They could, but as you say, what would be the point as would leave 16/17 income "short"?

Auditors would surely question recognising income in previous year to what it patently relates to.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 09:15 - Dec 18 with 1792 viewsPinnerPaul

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:17 - Dec 17 by EastR

You know one of those situations when someone does something and you think, eh? Why now?

Why have the club brought the loyalty deadline forward for renewal?

The positive spin: They’re being organised. They’ll know earlier how many people are likely to renew and therefore they can better plan in the close season for knowing how much revenue they’ll have for next season in planning for player budgets etc
The alternative view: They can already estimate how many people will renew next season based on what has happened in previous seasons. There’s a limit on season ticket sales anyway and when that limit is reached (as it has been this season) that then sets the parameters for what the revenue will be.

The positive spin: it’s a good deal, a nominal increase over this season rewarding loyalty.
The alternative view: Why then make the renewal deadline so early? (see 1 above) Many people simply won’t potentially be able to take advantage of the scheme as its ending at a time when they’re still paying for this season, or at least not having the luxury of a few free months of non-football expenditure before being able to commit again.

The positive spin: the club are doing it and need to make the accounts look better for FFP.
The alternative view: the next set of accounts for the year ended 31 May 2015 are due to be filed at Companies House by the end of March. There’ll be nothing in those accounts above this change, and besides any income arising could only be recognised in the season to which it related — so even in the accounts to 31 May 2016 they would have to defer that to a later period.
(Of course they would get the cash earlier so there is a potential cash flow benefit).

The positive spin: The clubs being organised. This has the stamp of the new CEO, getting things better organised and it’s how a business should be run.
The alternative view: Yes, and part of his job is to maximise revenues. Revenues from the customers i.e. the supporters. By bringing forward the deadline and potentially minimising the numbers taking up the discount, as well as imposing an increase of the order of 30% on tickets subsequently then he’s certainly being more business like, and some will have to pay for that.

14/15 accounts are not subject FFP as we were in the PL.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 09:16 - Dec 18 with 1790 viewsPinnerPaul

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:51 - Dec 17 by terryb

Unless accounting laws have changed, season ticket income for the 16-17 season will have to be reflected in the accounts for that period.

The sales are on a match by match basis for accounting terms & thus would be regarded as payments in advance in the set of accounts.

The same applies to expenditure. If, for example, the cost of policing for next season had to be paid for in advance, the costs would be accrued for & not affect this years accounts.

This is certainly the case in business.

Thanks Terry,

At least one person agrees with me!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2015 9:17]
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 09:47 - Dec 18 with 1771 viewsEastR

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 09:16 - Dec 18 by PinnerPaul

Thanks Terry,

At least one person agrees with me!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2015 9:17]

if you read my post again, you'll see I made the same point on the income recognition.

People are wrongly using FPP as a cover/excuse for why it's being done. Hence the alternative spin point, which I believe is closer to the truth.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 09:50 - Dec 18 with 1766 viewsEastR

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:22 - Dec 17 by daveB

The financial year ends in April doesn't it so usually we would have one lot of season ticket sales in that period but with this they will have 2 sets of season ticket sales so will help with FFP for this season

the fianancial year end is 31 May

http://www.scribd.com/doc/258474746/QPR-Holdings-limited-2014

and as others have clarified the income needs to be deferred to the period it relates to.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 09:55 - Dec 18 with 1764 viewsPinnerPaul

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 19:32 - Dec 17 by Northernr

You can stagger payments over next season same as always can't you?

Indeed.

People are acting like the deadline is 31st Dec, its 31st March - was end of May I think previously.

As I've pointed out higher up thread, pay by cc end of March, every chance money won't leave account until May.

In any case you know that your S/T isn't going to be cheaper next season so know roughly what it will cost.

Its gone up c £20 and we're having to pay 8 weeks earlier - is that really such a big deal to most?
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 10:15 - Dec 18 with 1755 viewsWokingR

"Its gone up c £20 and we're having to pay 8 weeks earlier - is that really such a big deal to most? "

I don't think anyone would have a problem with this if this was how the club had sold it to us.
To dress it up as something else and try telling us we are getting a 30% discount when we quite clearly are not is a politicians trick and just pisses people off.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:38 - Dec 18 with 1714 viewsCliff

My ST is a silver one in R Block and my increase if I take up the early bird offer is just over 3.6% ie above inflation and far better than my bugger all NHS pay rise (technically 1% but this replaced a 1% "bonus" last year and so the net increase is 0%).

I don't want to be too down on the club, but this doesn't feel like a good deal. Yes they have introduced an early bird scheme, and I have no problems with the earlier deadline, that's what early bird means, but I'd hardly call it a discount. If you take up the early bird "discount" you end up paying a more than inflation rise and the only discount is against the promised, and frankly outrageous, 30% further increase if you don't take up the offer.

My ongoing concern is also that these +30% figures will be the base line for future prices.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:54 - Dec 18 with 1648 viewshoof_hearted

The club keep on doing sensible things at the moment so I renewed mine with pleasure as the best way of showing approval about keeping the DoF, appointing a professional and experienced CEO and a bright, ambitious manager.

Last year I renewed on the deadline because it was a complete drag supporting us.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 14:32 - Dec 21 with 1561 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024