Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel to Wolfsburg 10:49 - May 22 with 8071 viewsthairanger

Looks like he's not going to be part of the plans had talks with Wolfsburg last 6millon agreed.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 01:24 - May 23 with 926 viewskensalriser

Adel to Wolfsburg on 00:50 - May 23 by RangersAreBack

Our best player based on what - 2 goals and 3 assists? Do me a favour, he's a show pony. Adel may arguably have the most natural talent but he lacks the other necessary credentials (e.g. team ethic, workrate, discipline, team ethic, intelligence) needed to be the best player. He had his chance to prove otherwise but he blew it. And before anyone says "You wouldn't have liked Stan Bowles then", Stan performed consistently at a high level by playing the team game.

Not even worth arguing with. Laughable.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 02:01 - May 23 with 899 viewsstuartqpr

I would be gutted if he left. Ok he's not perfect but he has bags of natural talent, and has shown much more discipline tactically this season. Hope he signs a new deal, I would have thought he could realistically command 40-50k p/w, 3 year contract with relegation clauses etc. if he doesn't want it then we don't really have much choice but to sell him.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 02:35 - May 23 with 898 viewsKiwi76

Think Hughes has seen enough to think he is worth keeping so will be down to Adel and his advisors.
Hope is sorted either way and don't have him turning up overweight and not interested in Aug.
If he has to go would want it to be off shore as gutted to see him against us in Prem.

Would love to see him part of a more successful side next year.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Adel to Wolfsburg on 09:12 - May 23 with 844 viewscorse

So its Wolfsburg then....

Adel is a good player but not anywhere near worth the supposed £10 m we asked from PSG. And if Wolfsburg is really closing in with offer of £6m i would sell him with that price. No question.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 09:20 - May 23 with 833 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That Adel's agents can only link him to a club the size of Wolfsburg would indicate how little real interest there is, and how his value has dropped in the football world, based mostly, I would presume, on his lack of professionalism in the first part of the season.

The names of more potential suitors will be brandished but right now the negotiations would seem to favour Rangers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel to Wolfsburg on 09:36 - May 23 with 819 viewsSomersetHoops

Adel to Wolfsburg on 09:12 - May 23 by corse

So its Wolfsburg then....

Adel is a good player but not anywhere near worth the supposed £10 m we asked from PSG. And if Wolfsburg is really closing in with offer of £6m i would sell him with that price. No question.

You seem to have forgotten the sell on clause to Tottenham. As I understand it IF Adel leaves we only get half of the fee.

You could not replace him when he is on-side for anything like 3 mil. Although if his heads messed up by thinking he is movinmg on like it was with PSG last year we are better sorting it out early so we can start with a fully commited team.

I would rather it get sorted now and hear Adel say he is very happy to stay and will give his full commitment to the club after signing a 2 year extension.

Who's Next?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 09:44 - May 23 with 810 viewsJamie

If Taarabt leaves, Spurs get 40% of the profit, so 40% of the fee less £1m.

A £6m fee would mean £2m to Spurs, £4m to QPR.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:35 - May 23 with 786 viewsAntti_Heinola

Our best player based on what - 2 goals and 3 assists? Do me a favour, he's a show pony. Adel may arguably have the most natural talent but he lacks the other necessary credentials (e.g. team ethic, workrate, discipline, team ethic, intelligence) needed to be the best player. He had his chance to prove otherwise but he blew it. And before anyone says "You wouldn't have liked Stan Bowles then", Stan performed consistently at a high level by playing the team game.

ha ha ha. No one can say you don't have a sense of humour, RAB.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:45 - May 23 with 767 viewsJamie

Taarabt is unquestionably our most skilful player, I'd argue though that Faurlin is our best all round player.

You'd be stupid to argue Taarabt as being anything less than a very good player.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:52 - May 23 with 754 viewsadhoc_qpr

The really disappointing thing with Adel last season was his shooting - he was so deadly in the Championship but largely ineffective last season!

I know he hit the woodwork 3 or 4 times, but a miss is still a miss even if it's close.

I'd deffo keep him, but with the caveat that if Adel decides he wants to go we should just let him to the highest bidder rather than keep him here when he's unsettled.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:13 - May 23 with 735 viewsjonno

Adel to Wolfsburg on 09:44 - May 23 by Jamie

If Taarabt leaves, Spurs get 40% of the profit, so 40% of the fee less £1m.

A £6m fee would mean £2m to Spurs, £4m to QPR.

Exactly. So if we keep him next season as part of his current deal the most we will lose is £4 million. What's the chance of getting a player as good for that money to replace him - I would argue none. And who knows, if we do well next season he may then decide to stay if we offer to increase his wages to the right level. At least he will still be in the Prem - after all he's said about wanting to play in the PL does he really want to go to somewhere like Germany? Yes, he may walk away for nothing (costing us £4 million) but that would depend on what other offers are on the table at that time - there might not be any!
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:14 - May 23 with 733 viewsWeAreQPR12

WTF?

Tell everyone your REAL age.

WTF are you using Stan Bowles to defend your arguement, when the reality is, you wasn't even born in Stan's day.

God this just gets even more bizzare.

Jamie isn't into Flair players very similar to Peter Davies but we must do everything we can to keep Adel. Without him we have little to no creativity to unlock defences and imagination.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:14 - May 23 with 731 viewsnadera78

If he does stay with us then he needs to buy a new pair of boots. Seemed like every time he cut inside to shoot last year he lost his footing and ended up on his arse.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:16 - May 23 with 728 viewsWeAreQPR12

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:14 - May 23 by nadera78

If he does stay with us then he needs to buy a new pair of boots. Seemed like every time he cut inside to shoot last year he lost his footing and ended up on his arse.

Why do some fans expect the bloke to score 15-20 goals?

He creates chances for the likes of Bobby and Cisse.

The guy offers so much yet some like to persist with talking about his goal ratio.

He has more vision than our other 10 players put together and that is a fact!
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:33 - May 23 with 708 viewsWestbourneR

RangersAreBack you actually know nothing. If it was possible to ban someone for having the worst ever judgement then you would instantly leap to the front of the queue.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:48 - May 23 with 689 viewsnadera78

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:16 - May 23 by WeAreQPR12

The guy offers so much yet some like to persist with talking about his goal ratio.

FFS All I said was that he fell over a lot. Pr*ck!
Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:10 - May 23 with 668 viewsadhoc_qpr

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:16 - May 23 by WeAreQPR12

Nobody expects him to score 15-20 goals but for a bloke who took some 80 odd shots during the season 2 is a pretty paltry return!

Yes he creates chances, but he has less assists than Mackie and SWP.

He underperformed overall this season (for a number of reasons) but was going from strength to strength in the last few weeks.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:16 - May 23 with 653 viewsNorthernr

Had Adel started to perform a month or two earlier then I think we'd have had some big offers. Fact is over the course of a nine month season he was poor and unfit for four of them, out of the team for two of them and only really starting to find his feet and play well in the final three. It would have to be a brave manager to spend money on him given the season he's just had, and the fact that h's never performed consistently at the top level in any country so far.

All of which is great news for us because towards the end of the season Hughes really had him playing some good stuff and working hard. If he stays and continues on that path with a full pre-season under his belt I think we're going to have a hell of a player on our hands this season and some serious interest will be shown in January.

Waiting and wondering what Adel is going to do next is still one of the best things about watching QPR.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:22 - May 23 with 649 viewsCharlie1

If Adel is sold I'm going to start a demand something thread about something

2:59 baby!

Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:33 - May 23 with 633 viewsJamie

Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:16 - May 23 by Northernr

Had Adel started to perform a month or two earlier then I think we'd have had some big offers. Fact is over the course of a nine month season he was poor and unfit for four of them, out of the team for two of them and only really starting to find his feet and play well in the final three. It would have to be a brave manager to spend money on him given the season he's just had, and the fact that h's never performed consistently at the top level in any country so far.

All of which is great news for us because towards the end of the season Hughes really had him playing some good stuff and working hard. If he stays and continues on that path with a full pre-season under his belt I think we're going to have a hell of a player on our hands this season and some serious interest will be shown in January.

Waiting and wondering what Adel is going to do next is still one of the best things about watching QPR.

Problem is that come January he can arrange a Bosman for next summer so whilst he might have serious interest we'd not see anything.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:37 - May 23 with 621 viewsNorthernr

Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:33 - May 23 by Jamie

Problem is that come January he can arrange a Bosman for next summer so whilst he might have serious interest we'd not see anything.

You're also assuming he won't sign a new contract this summer.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:41 - May 23 with 610 viewsJamie

Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:37 - May 23 by Northernr

You're also assuming he won't sign a new contract this summer.

Turns 24 on May 24th 2013. Contract runs from July 1st 2013 so it would be a freebie unfortunately.

As said about 4 pages ago, this summer he either signs a new deal, we sell him or we let him go for free next summer. And as said, I can't believe for one second that the club have sorted new deals for Radek, Akos & Clinton and not tested the water with Adels agent.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:42 - May 23 with 704 viewshoops_legend

Got the usual Taarabt bashing parade who clearly don't watch the same match that we do... Though he was great towards end of season and even had great games earlier in season (Newcastle) - Can do so much more.

Offer him a big contract and get a few more great signings and we have a top 10 side.

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:46 - May 23 with 686 viewsellersliehoop

Adel to Wolfsburg on 01:24 - May 23 by kensalriser

Not even worth arguing with. Laughable.

Agreed....

He's our best player by far, he's the only genuinely creative spark we have. When's he's not at his best we look bereft of ideas
Adel to Wolfsburg on 12:54 - May 23 with 675 viewsWestbourneR

Don't mess - Jamie is good on numbers.

I'd say Northern's summary is a very good one. Basically he didn't make any waves in the wider football world this season but anybody who watched our last 10 games will know he was showing he can be the Prem footballer we all hoped he could be.

If we can keep him I expect him to have a staggering season 12-13.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024