Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solihull Match Thread 12:45 - Sep 14 with 16225 viewsDelboy

Tough game today. Solihull no mugs based on last seasons efforts. Have seen them twice this season and they tend to sit tight and play on the break. Also skilled in the dark arts particularly killing time at every opportunity. Patience needed from the crowd and plenty of encouragement. No reason we cant win but not expecting us to roll over them. UPTD.
Solihull Match Thread on 10:53 - Sep 15 with 3662 viewsMass_Debater

Solihull Match Thread on 10:38 - Sep 15 by NorthernDale

Hopefully McNulty will recognise what went right and wrong yesterday, and seek to address them before two difficult games away at Eastleigh and Hartlepool.

In respect to Ayinde, he has a lot potential, but would it not be better for to be introduced as a sub to gain the experience needed, it can be a big step from youth to more senior football. Yesterday as shown how competitive this league is going to be season with Gateshead conceding 7 at Dagenham and if we can points over the next three games, we can still be challenging for the top spot this season.

Its September and still will be after those 3 games.
Solihull Match Thread on 11:46 - Sep 15 with 3512 viewsTalkingSutty

Solihull Match Thread on 10:03 - Sep 15 by leedsdale

When you say three central defenders do you mean the three that have played centrally so far this season (EEL, Ferguson and Sassi) or the three that played yesterday? If it’s the latter then I would disagree with you about Beckwith and Gordon as I think they could step up to League 2 pretty comfortably.

If it’s the former then I would tend to agree and maybe the fact Sassi is only here on a relatively short term loan means Jim is still on the lookout for an upgrade? A fully fit EEL is a big asset but I would be surprised if he is out on the pitch much before the end of 2024.
[Post edited 15 Sep 10:06]

Ferguson, EEL, Sassi. If we are talking about small percentages counting in football then i'm also struggling to understand why Henry didn't start the game yesterday. When it comes to ability all three of East/ Gilmour/ Henry can stake a genuine case for starting games but one of those, Henry, is a stand out when it comes to set piece deliveries and playing at home is when you would expect those opportunities to present themselves more often. Against a team that is set up to sit back and defend then those set pieces, free kicks and corners become more crucial to get right and that's why Henry should be starting home games i think. The midfield players should be demanding the ball off the likes of Sassi, turning and making the play, too many times yesterday East off loaded the ball back to Sassi. Players shouldn't need resting five weeks into the season neither.

[Post edited 15 Sep 12:00]
Solihull Match Thread on 12:01 - Sep 15 with 3481 viewsDale_4_Life

Its still very early and this time next week we can evaluate after the 10 game benchmark people talk about.

If we manage to win away at Eastleigh and we will have 20 points from the opening 10 games (Excellent).

First half yesterday was pretty dire.. too negative and slow on the ball with tippy tappy between Sassi and Gordon then Sassi then Gordon...

This season Dale have had so much success down that right hand side and yesterday TAR in loads of space 30 yards further advanced and not getting any of the ball. If Sassi is going to be the new quarter back we need runners into channels and forward balls for them to run onto.. (something Moors did plenty of).

We gifted Solihull both goals less said about the first the better how that pass from the keeper to Gilmour is sensible play I will never know, surrounded by two Moors forwards Wilkinson just takes it off him easily and slots it home he will not be gifted an easier chance all season. Never seeing this tactic again would make me a happier supporter.

Burger missed that free header second half he has to hit the target with that chance.

i thought Henry did well and looked to up the tempo to create some urgency and positivity. I agree if fit I think he has to start games especially at Home.

Gutted as a chance to go top and we just did not perform to what we have seen in the previous 4 games. Playing away now for two games might be helpful - Hoping when we next play at Spotland we can put this one out of sight and mind.
[Post edited 15 Sep 12:06]
Solihull Match Thread on 12:18 - Sep 15 with 3447 viewsTalkingSutty

Solihull Match Thread on 12:01 - Sep 15 by Dale_4_Life

Its still very early and this time next week we can evaluate after the 10 game benchmark people talk about.

If we manage to win away at Eastleigh and we will have 20 points from the opening 10 games (Excellent).

First half yesterday was pretty dire.. too negative and slow on the ball with tippy tappy between Sassi and Gordon then Sassi then Gordon...

This season Dale have had so much success down that right hand side and yesterday TAR in loads of space 30 yards further advanced and not getting any of the ball. If Sassi is going to be the new quarter back we need runners into channels and forward balls for them to run onto.. (something Moors did plenty of).

We gifted Solihull both goals less said about the first the better how that pass from the keeper to Gilmour is sensible play I will never know, surrounded by two Moors forwards Wilkinson just takes it off him easily and slots it home he will not be gifted an easier chance all season. Never seeing this tactic again would make me a happier supporter.

Burger missed that free header second half he has to hit the target with that chance.

i thought Henry did well and looked to up the tempo to create some urgency and positivity. I agree if fit I think he has to start games especially at Home.

Gutted as a chance to go top and we just did not perform to what we have seen in the previous 4 games. Playing away now for two games might be helpful - Hoping when we next play at Spotland we can put this one out of sight and mind.
[Post edited 15 Sep 12:06]

The frustration is that we all know what the players are capable of, we've seen them play some great attacking football and at a high tempo. They've set the bar themselves and shown what they can do. I thought McNulty had learned the lessons from last season and walking football, defenders standing on the ball and passing it willly nilly between themselves had gone for good now that we have increased the budget and brought in better players, but sadly it returned again yesterday. A performance that for most of the game lacked any urgency in our play and one that the manager didn't seem too concerned about in his post match interview, which is a worry. I thought they would all be chomping at the bit and excited to go top of the league yesterday but that wasn't reflected in how they approached the game. Solihull didn't have to do much to win, we didn't lay a glove on them for 86 minutes. Anyway, let's see if there is a response next week. I hope there is some reflection and honest feedback not just from the players but also the management, we need a lot more endeavour and bravery than was on display yesterday. Alarakhia and Rowlands are quality, give them the ball and do it quickly. There are no excuses now, we have a quality squad of players and the manager has to get them playing high tempo attacking football from the first whistle instead of treating games like a tactical chess match, especially at home.
[Post edited 15 Sep 12:25]
Solihull Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 15 with 2927 viewsmikehunt

I really worry about this tippy tappy stuff. I was listening to some random discussion on Talk Sport and they were saying that Premier League proponents of this style of play regard the odd goal given away as collateral damage: expecting the style of play to make up for these mistakes. It beggars belief.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Solihull Match Thread on 21:44 - Sep 15 with 2557 viewsnordenblue

Solihull Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 15 by mikehunt

I really worry about this tippy tappy stuff. I was listening to some random discussion on Talk Sport and they were saying that Premier League proponents of this style of play regard the odd goal given away as collateral damage: expecting the style of play to make up for these mistakes. It beggars belief.

Bolton conceded an absolute belter I think it was yesterday being caught messing about with it at the back, match of the day highlights last night showed how critical Ederson is to the whole.idea behind it and when to hit it long, the problem is he's probably better with his feet than than a lot of outfield players.

Midweek on talksport they absolutely slated the whole idea around the obsession with "Pep" football and possession and reckon besides City the whole football pyramid is a far worse place for it, seems to have stopped wingers taking players on and long range shots purely for fear of losing possession
[Post edited 15 Sep 22:57]
Solihull Match Thread on 21:52 - Sep 15 with 2534 views442Dale

Solihull Match Thread on 21:44 - Sep 15 by nordenblue

Bolton conceded an absolute belter I think it was yesterday being caught messing about with it at the back, match of the day highlights last night showed how critical Ederson is to the whole.idea behind it and when to hit it long, the problem is he's probably better with his feet than than a lot of outfield players.

Midweek on talksport they absolutely slated the whole idea around the obsession with "Pep" football and possession and reckon besides City the whole football pyramid is a far worse place for it, seems to have stopped wingers taking players on and long range shots purely for fear of losing possession
[Post edited 15 Sep 22:57]

That Bolton goal was ridiculous. Keep saying it, until there’s a visible stat for goals conceded playing like this, it won’t be seen as a thing. We have xG and all this other info, so why not one for overplaying within 25 yards of goal?

We’ve shown we don’t need to do it all the time, and yesterday’s goal was a poor choice by Gilmour to turn back towards goal after an initial movement which had him facing forwards. We need to reduce risk.

Totally agree on wide players taking people on. Often it results in winning a throw in or corner, even a free kick. That’s why it’s good that our recruitment has been effective to bring in the likes of TAR and Allarakhia who look to go forward and take on their opponent.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Solihull Match Thread on 21:57 - Sep 15 with 2502 viewsfitzochris

Solihull Match Thread on 21:52 - Sep 15 by 442Dale

That Bolton goal was ridiculous. Keep saying it, until there’s a visible stat for goals conceded playing like this, it won’t be seen as a thing. We have xG and all this other info, so why not one for overplaying within 25 yards of goal?

We’ve shown we don’t need to do it all the time, and yesterday’s goal was a poor choice by Gilmour to turn back towards goal after an initial movement which had him facing forwards. We need to reduce risk.

Totally agree on wide players taking people on. Often it results in winning a throw in or corner, even a free kick. That’s why it’s good that our recruitment has been effective to bring in the likes of TAR and Allarakhia who look to go forward and take on their opponent.

Totally agree with this. It’s also why Andy Whing had Tipton all over Allarakhia the minute he received the ball yesterday. Stopping these forward runs and subsequent crosses was clearly a major part of his game plan.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Solihull Match Thread on 22:34 - Sep 15 with 2404 viewstony_roch975

Solihull Match Thread on 21:57 - Sep 15 by fitzochris

Totally agree with this. It’s also why Andy Whing had Tipton all over Allarakhia the minute he received the ball yesterday. Stopping these forward runs and subsequent crosses was clearly a major part of his game plan.

Agree - and why we need a plan B when opposition's do that - eg change of formation (& possible personnel) and try to outnumber through the middle. Possibly play Beckwith or Armstrong at LB & bring on Allarakhia for last 20 mins and play him centrally. Equally using Gilmour (with Allarakhia) as aerial cover for Beckwith against SM's big physical strikers (heading is the weakness of our back 3) meant we had an overcrowded back line and lost an out ball option - why not instead play Ferguson who's stronger in the air as part of a back 4 allowing 3 in the middle?
[Post edited 15 Sep 22:35]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Solihull Match Thread on 23:02 - Sep 15 with 2328 viewsnordenblue

Solihull Match Thread on 22:34 - Sep 15 by tony_roch975

Agree - and why we need a plan B when opposition's do that - eg change of formation (& possible personnel) and try to outnumber through the middle. Possibly play Beckwith or Armstrong at LB & bring on Allarakhia for last 20 mins and play him centrally. Equally using Gilmour (with Allarakhia) as aerial cover for Beckwith against SM's big physical strikers (heading is the weakness of our back 3) meant we had an overcrowded back line and lost an out ball option - why not instead play Ferguson who's stronger in the air as part of a back 4 allowing 3 in the middle?

Regardless of formation god only knows why you wouldn't start Ferguson with his height knowing the threat you're going to be coming under against certain forward lines, it's just weird.....

For what's its worth I'd be starting Allarakhia and getting every minute as possible out of him, he's a cracking player and give us some much needed bite too
Solihull Match Thread on 07:41 - Sep 16 with 2089 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Solihull Match Thread on 22:34 - Sep 15 by tony_roch975

My thoughts are that we started well enough but the game changed after about 15 mins. Dale had a corner and were about to recycle the ball when. Surprise surprise their GK went down with a mystery injury forcing the ref to stop the game and our momentum. All the SM players went over to the bench and they then changed their style of play by pressing us quicker and higher up the pitch. This led to their goal and after that whilst we ‘may’ have controlled the ball Solihull controlled the game. We only came back into it in the last 10-15 mins.
FWIW. I’d like to see McNulty play a 3-5-2 (or whatever you call it) and start with East, Gilmour and Henry as a central midfield with the 3 defenders and wing backs as they are. Henry and East are both creative leaving Gilmour to play the Gary Jones role of ‘ratting’ and getting in and amongst the opposition midfield. It might even allow us to play through the midfield more effectively. Rodney is wasted in his current role and this formation would allow him to play his more natural role. He’s much more of a threat up top and would give Mitchell much needed support. We have still plenty of options off the bench to change things if necessary.
Oh and whilst in theory resting players is a good idea, I’d start with my strongest line up every match. It seems to me that McNulty is rotating for the sake of it.
Solihull Match Thread on 08:48 - Sep 16 with 2034 viewsTalkingSutty

Solihull Match Thread on 07:41 - Sep 16 by TyroneShoelaces

My thoughts are that we started well enough but the game changed after about 15 mins. Dale had a corner and were about to recycle the ball when. Surprise surprise their GK went down with a mystery injury forcing the ref to stop the game and our momentum. All the SM players went over to the bench and they then changed their style of play by pressing us quicker and higher up the pitch. This led to their goal and after that whilst we ‘may’ have controlled the ball Solihull controlled the game. We only came back into it in the last 10-15 mins.
FWIW. I’d like to see McNulty play a 3-5-2 (or whatever you call it) and start with East, Gilmour and Henry as a central midfield with the 3 defenders and wing backs as they are. Henry and East are both creative leaving Gilmour to play the Gary Jones role of ‘ratting’ and getting in and amongst the opposition midfield. It might even allow us to play through the midfield more effectively. Rodney is wasted in his current role and this formation would allow him to play his more natural role. He’s much more of a threat up top and would give Mitchell much needed support. We have still plenty of options off the bench to change things if necessary.
Oh and whilst in theory resting players is a good idea, I’d start with my strongest line up every match. It seems to me that McNulty is rotating for the sake of it.

I think McNulty is rotating because he wants to give everybody game time, he was talking about players being tired after just two games. He should know by now what his strongest starting eleven is and players should be changed if they are injured, suspended, loose form. His priority should be winning football matches and putting out his strongest team every game to do that. He signed the young kid from Ipswich on loan and he's straight into the team, he had to be substituted at half time in his second game, not physically strong enough. We have our own players on two year deals who can't even get on the bench.

If you look at the teams who get promoted from this league there is a common theme, they all score a lot of goals and they set up to attack their opponents, they don't give their opponents a breather and decide to play tippy between each other on the halfway line and they didn't have a young inexperienced centre half dictating the play and being relied upon to create chances from his own half. Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham were relentless and just outscored their opponents, they didn't try to reinvent the game and bother about what their opponents might do..and they didn't moan and complain when teams sat deep and defended against them, they saw that as a open invitation to attack them unlike our manager who for some reason wants to engage in a tactical battle when there's no need to do. Pin them back, get crosses in and pepper their goal. The players aren't daft they will know how we should be approaching games, especially at home and won't have been happy with Saturday. Allarakhia has been one of our best players but he's playing a position as wing back that doesn't get the best out of him, especially at home. If he was played as a out and out wide player i think we would see him go up another notch, we're yet to see the best of him and he's stated that himself. Somebody mentioned plan A and plan B and tactical nouse to change things when they aren't working, not just players but how the team is set up. The first half of Saturdays game needs to be watched back by everybody at the training ground this morning and the players as a collective should tell the manager and coaches how his tactics are impacting their own performances, especially the offensive players. Those tactics don't work, everybody in the ground knows they don't apart from the manager. It's too easy for our opponents and it keeps them in the game, gives them encouragement.

The expectation has changed now, McNulty has been given a competitive budget and we have a squad full of good players, he has to get the best out of them and win games, his tactics and team selection will be analysed now that he isn't managing with one arm tied behind his back. He can't go back to what didn't work last season, we're better than that now. If we do see a repeat of that first half again then he should expect the same backlash, we want to see urgency and bravery in our play, not the passive and wimpish walking football that we had to endure on Saturday. That was the blueprint of his mate Brian Barry Murphy and he relegated us with a squad full of good players, we had the worst run of home form in the clubs history, playing the same style of walking football in our own half of the field and passing for passing sake. Another thing they have in common, both of them stated that they don't look at the league table, which is a ridiculous comment for any manager to make
[Post edited 16 Sep 9:31]
Solihull Match Thread on 09:42 - Sep 16 with 1876 viewsdingdangblue

Solihull Match Thread on 07:41 - Sep 16 by TyroneShoelaces

Hmm, not sure about anything causing Solihull's first goal other than a gormless pass from our keeper to a player with 2 opposition players too close to him to start off with. Didn't see any increased pressing of our players all game really, Sassi and Gordon were allowed to pass it amongst themselves quite easily really because Solihull didn't mind us pissing around in our own half as they were winning.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Solihull Match Thread on 11:01 - Sep 16 with 1654 viewsTalkingSutty

Solihull Match Thread on 09:42 - Sep 16 by dingdangblue

Hmm, not sure about anything causing Solihull's first goal other than a gormless pass from our keeper to a player with 2 opposition players too close to him to start off with. Didn't see any increased pressing of our players all game really, Sassi and Gordon were allowed to pass it amongst themselves quite easily really because Solihull didn't mind us pissing around in our own half as they were winning.

The biggest disappointment was how we approached the game, not the fact we lost. Compounded by the manager then saying that he doesn't look at the league table. I know what David Challinor, Paul Cook, Phil Parkinson would have done leading up to the game they would have sent out a rally cry to the public of the Town and asked them to turn up and help us reach the top of the league. That's how you increase your support, maximise the opportunity when the chance presents itself. The boat sailed though and the manager didn't want to mention it because he either didn't know or he couldn't handle the extra pressure that would bring. I think the players would have loved it, rip into SM from the first whistle and show no fear. Instead we got the opposite and it reflected bad on the manager, so did his post match interview. You wouldn't expect Simon Gauge or anybody else involved in the day to day running of the club to grasp the opportunity to rally the public because they don't think like that, it won't have even registered on the run up to the biggest game in the last couple of years. We're now back to square one with the crowds, they won't come back to watch that stuff.
[Post edited 16 Sep 11:05]
Solihull Match Thread on 11:01 - Sep 16 with 1651 viewsDelboy

Solihull Match Thread on 09:42 - Sep 16 by dingdangblue

The highlights clearly show Gilmour between two defenders demanding the ball from the keeper. He subsequently turns with the ball and for reasons known only to himself decides to double back to goal getting caught and losing the ball. To blame the keeper entirely is in my opinion a little harsh.
Solihull Match Thread on 11:15 - Sep 16 with 1600 viewsTVOS1907

Solihull Match Thread on 11:01 - Sep 16 by TalkingSutty

The biggest disappointment was how we approached the game, not the fact we lost. Compounded by the manager then saying that he doesn't look at the league table. I know what David Challinor, Paul Cook, Phil Parkinson would have done leading up to the game they would have sent out a rally cry to the public of the Town and asked them to turn up and help us reach the top of the league. That's how you increase your support, maximise the opportunity when the chance presents itself. The boat sailed though and the manager didn't want to mention it because he either didn't know or he couldn't handle the extra pressure that would bring. I think the players would have loved it, rip into SM from the first whistle and show no fear. Instead we got the opposite and it reflected bad on the manager, so did his post match interview. You wouldn't expect Simon Gauge or anybody else involved in the day to day running of the club to grasp the opportunity to rally the public because they don't think like that, it won't have even registered on the run up to the biggest game in the last couple of years. We're now back to square one with the crowds, they won't come back to watch that stuff.
[Post edited 16 Sep 11:05]

I wouldn't believe any "football people" when they say they don't look at the league table. It's just a deflection tactic that shouldn't be taken too literally.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Solihull Match Thread on 11:54 - Sep 16 with 1446 viewswheniwasyourage

Solihull Match Thread on 21:57 - Sep 15 by fitzochris

Makes you wonder why Allarakhia didn’t switch wings or cut into midfield.

In my opinion, complacency crept in. We didn’t put in the 100% effort needed at this level, and paid the price. It’s not unusual after a good run, but now it’s all about how they respond.

As for Little jim’s comments… well, I usually tune him out. But if he really said he doesn’t check the league table, that’s just ridiculous. How can you know what’s at stake if you don’t know your position?
Solihull Match Thread on 12:25 - Sep 16 with 1377 viewsdingdangblue

Solihull Match Thread on 11:01 - Sep 16 by Delboy

The highlights clearly show Gilmour between two defenders demanding the ball from the keeper. He subsequently turns with the ball and for reasons known only to himself decides to double back to goal getting caught and losing the ball. To blame the keeper entirely is in my opinion a little harsh.

Yes Gilmour asks for the ball, but he isn't even on the half turn, he's got his back to play and obviously isn't aware of the danger around him. Robson can see everything from his position so its totally his call to play such a risky pass. Both Sassi and Gordon are free to the right - or heaven forbid just take a long goalkick upfield and put some pressure on in the opposition half.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Solihull Match Thread on 13:11 - Sep 16 with 1285 viewsseasidedale

To be fair to Jim, he said he didn’t look at the league table until 10 games played to see where we are. Not all season, unless I misunderstood
[Post edited 16 Sep 13:13]
Solihull Match Thread on 13:40 - Sep 16 with 1202 viewsD_Alien

Solihull Match Thread on 13:11 - Sep 16 by seasidedale

To be fair to Jim, he said he didn’t look at the league table until 10 games played to see where we are. Not all season, unless I misunderstood
[Post edited 16 Sep 13:13]

Whilst we get what he's trying to say, it's simply nonsense and fans deserve better than that sort of flannel

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Solihull Match Thread on 15:16 - Sep 16 with 946 viewsTalkingSutty

Solihull Match Thread on 11:15 - Sep 16 by TVOS1907

I wouldn't believe any "football people" when they say they don't look at the league table. It's just a deflection tactic that shouldn't be taken too literally.

Agree, it makes managers sound daft, they think the fans are thick. It doesn't help when the person doing the interview asks the most scripted questions imaginable. Everything is is managed to make things easy, even the media interviews.
Solihull Match Thread on 15:43 - Sep 16 with 853 viewsturnthescrew

Solihull Match Thread on 15:16 - Sep 16 by TalkingSutty

Agree, it makes managers sound daft, they think the fans are thick. It doesn't help when the person doing the interview asks the most scripted questions imaginable. Everything is is managed to make things easy, even the media interviews.

The quality of the interviews is appalling. A mumbling almost inaudible questioner with poor diction, asking some questions apparently written by an 8-year old.

Why there seems to be an obligatory reference to the supporters is baffling.

We need a more professional approach, some adult questions asked by someone who can be properly heard and understood. None of this reflects on Jim or any of the players. They can only respond to what is asked of them, however poorly it is prepared.
Solihull Match Thread on 15:53 - Sep 16 with 834 viewsTalkingSutty

Solihull Match Thread on 15:43 - Sep 16 by turnthescrew

The quality of the interviews is appalling. A mumbling almost inaudible questioner with poor diction, asking some questions apparently written by an 8-year old.

We need a more professional approach, some adult questions asked by someone who can be properly heard and understood. None of this reflects on Jim or any of the players. They can only respond to what is asked of them, however poorly it is prepared.

I would think that the person has been well briefed when given the job on the questions he can and can't ask the manager post match. The obvious questions on Saturday would have been why did we play so slowly during the first half? Why did the play always seem to have to go through Sassi when better forward options were available? How did you view both goals we conceded? In hindsight do you think your team selection was right and what was your thinking dropping Henry to the bench, bearing in mind his set piece delivery to East produced a goal on Tursday. Today we had East taking the corners?
Solihull Match Thread on 15:53 - Sep 16 with 831 viewsD_Alien

Solihull Match Thread on 15:43 - Sep 16 by turnthescrew

Just a bit naive

I'm not saying the manager sets the questions, but i'd suggest the interviewer is far from independent in the way the questions are "prepared". Rather than poorly-prepared, it's simply stage-managed. Any searching questions and he'd be out on his ear

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Solihull Match Thread on 18:06 - Sep 16 with 556 viewsDale_4_Life

Its quite hard when the 20 or 30 post on here (Myself included) sound like grumpy old fools when the reality is we can see what hundreds of others can also see but don't post they just don't attend games in the future.

With a win last Saturday we WOULD have been top of the league.. its a massive chance passed over as we set up negative and defensively especially first half.

A similar game was the recent Woking game at home when the Ogdens were present and we set off in a far more positive manner and carried it on for 90 minutes and ran out comfortable 3-0 winners. Last Saturday was like chalk and cheese! The only real main difference was Sassi came in for Ferguson who was possibly one of the players of the match v Woking... He has not been seen since as we have moved on to Sassi being the man asked to pull all the strings.

300 extra on the gate who must be wondering what the fuss is all about. Dale can bounce back of course and could easily beat both Eastleigh and Hartlepool in the next 2 games.

The stated plan (on record) is to get 5000 home fans.. Exciting winning football will at least put the foundation down. TS made a great point regarding getting out of the league by simply outscoring your opposition most weeks.

We have the best set of players in recent memory and its early days I know only 9 games played. I really hope last Saturday was a minor bump on a long 46 game road I guess we will know more at 5pm on Saturday 28th September.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024