Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solihull Match Thread 12:45 - Sep 14 with 16226 viewsDelboy

Tough game today. Solihull no mugs based on last seasons efforts. Have seen them twice this season and they tend to sit tight and play on the break. Also skilled in the dark arts particularly killing time at every opportunity. Patience needed from the crowd and plenty of encouragement. No reason we cant win but not expecting us to roll over them. UPTD.
Solihull Match Thread on 18:15 - Sep 16 with 1704 viewsJames1980

Maybe it's to show a united front. Don't ask questions that might make the squad doubt The Gaffer

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Solihull Match Thread on 18:29 - Sep 16 with 1635 views442Dale

Solihull Match Thread on 18:06 - Sep 16 by Dale_4_Life

Its quite hard when the 20 or 30 post on here (Myself included) sound like grumpy old fools when the reality is we can see what hundreds of others can also see but don't post they just don't attend games in the future.

With a win last Saturday we WOULD have been top of the league.. its a massive chance passed over as we set up negative and defensively especially first half.

A similar game was the recent Woking game at home when the Ogdens were present and we set off in a far more positive manner and carried it on for 90 minutes and ran out comfortable 3-0 winners. Last Saturday was like chalk and cheese! The only real main difference was Sassi came in for Ferguson who was possibly one of the players of the match v Woking... He has not been seen since as we have moved on to Sassi being the man asked to pull all the strings.

300 extra on the gate who must be wondering what the fuss is all about. Dale can bounce back of course and could easily beat both Eastleigh and Hartlepool in the next 2 games.

The stated plan (on record) is to get 5000 home fans.. Exciting winning football will at least put the foundation down. TS made a great point regarding getting out of the league by simply outscoring your opposition most weeks.

We have the best set of players in recent memory and its early days I know only 9 games played. I really hope last Saturday was a minor bump on a long 46 game road I guess we will know more at 5pm on Saturday 28th September.

There have been plenty of valid points about the problems we encountered on Saturday, but there also needs to be some perspective.

We’ve started the season very well, both results wise and performances in the main. The league table reflects that (and if the manager did acknowledge that it would actually support the work he is doing).

The selections McNulty made have been identified as a contributing factor, it would be good to know more about these but that’s not happening much. However, previous changes have occurred and we’ve won games well - the previous two being good examples. As much as we will debate these, and there’s a concern if they become repetitive, the manager has some credit in the bank because he’ll point to it working so far. Now he has another decision to make after it hasn’t in the last game.

We need to learn from these games and look to find different ways of changing games, for me that would be tweaking the formation - to the 3-5-2 mentioned further up the thread. It’s obvious we want to play quickly in behind opposition fullbacks, to suggest otherwise ignores the crazy amount of crosses TAR puts into the box and how often Allarakhia looks to take on his man. But when that route isn’t as freely available, we need to make the other team think more. Otherwise we look slow.

At no stage though did we set up negatively and defensively, but the contributing factors of player selection, individual performance and a well organised team who took advantage of a below par display meant we lost. That’s football.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Solihull Match Thread on 18:33 - Sep 16 with 1620 viewsbluevein64

Solihull Match Thread on 15:53 - Sep 16 by TalkingSutty

I would think that the person has been well briefed when given the job on the questions he can and can't ask the manager post match. The obvious questions on Saturday would have been why did we play so slowly during the first half? Why did the play always seem to have to go through Sassi when better forward options were available? How did you view both goals we conceded? In hindsight do you think your team selection was right and what was your thinking dropping Henry to the bench, bearing in mind his set piece delivery to East produced a goal on Tursday. Today we had East taking the corners?

I can't see Big Jim's post match interviews being anything other than a pre negotiated script, surely an interviewers priority is to tease poignant answers from sometimes difficult/awkward questions, the calibre of questions you have identified ( not difficult nor awkward) Sutty are exactly the type informative, meaningful questions I should prefer to be presented, instead we have the Jim and Greg show, seemingly going through the motions, soft questions requiring soft answers baring only minimal satisfaction for the interviewer, interviewee and listeners/watchers !
Solihull Match Thread on 18:46 - Sep 16 with 1594 viewsD_Alien

Solihull Match Thread on 18:33 - Sep 16 by bluevein64

I can't see Big Jim's post match interviews being anything other than a pre negotiated script, surely an interviewers priority is to tease poignant answers from sometimes difficult/awkward questions, the calibre of questions you have identified ( not difficult nor awkward) Sutty are exactly the type informative, meaningful questions I should prefer to be presented, instead we have the Jim and Greg show, seemingly going through the motions, soft questions requiring soft answers baring only minimal satisfaction for the interviewer, interviewee and listeners/watchers !

The answer to that lies with the answer to the question:

Is Greg an employee of the club?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Solihull Match Thread on 20:06 - Sep 16 with 1444 viewsTalkingSutty

Solihull Match Thread on 18:06 - Sep 16 by Dale_4_Life

Its quite hard when the 20 or 30 post on here (Myself included) sound like grumpy old fools when the reality is we can see what hundreds of others can also see but don't post they just don't attend games in the future.

With a win last Saturday we WOULD have been top of the league.. its a massive chance passed over as we set up negative and defensively especially first half.

A similar game was the recent Woking game at home when the Ogdens were present and we set off in a far more positive manner and carried it on for 90 minutes and ran out comfortable 3-0 winners. Last Saturday was like chalk and cheese! The only real main difference was Sassi came in for Ferguson who was possibly one of the players of the match v Woking... He has not been seen since as we have moved on to Sassi being the man asked to pull all the strings.

300 extra on the gate who must be wondering what the fuss is all about. Dale can bounce back of course and could easily beat both Eastleigh and Hartlepool in the next 2 games.

The stated plan (on record) is to get 5000 home fans.. Exciting winning football will at least put the foundation down. TS made a great point regarding getting out of the league by simply outscoring your opposition most weeks.

We have the best set of players in recent memory and its early days I know only 9 games played. I really hope last Saturday was a minor bump on a long 46 game road I guess we will know more at 5pm on Saturday 28th September.

A great chance to promote the club was missed last Saturday and we made it easy for Solihull. 'Nothing has changed from last season', that's what somebody remarked at half time. No pies and no cold drinks for sale at half time in the Pearl Street Stand, sold out, so no plans made for a bigger crowd anyway, good job because there would have been a lot more disappointed people..did anybody from the club liase with the catering company? No, i didn't think so. He'd been queueing for fifteen minutes at the one available kiosk..you couldn't access the other because a handful of away fans were allocated it. Spending money at the club has been a real problem since the Summer, no kits, nothing in the shop, looking for nearby pubs to spend money in order to watch football on the television because the club couldn't provide the service, miraculousy rectified just before the first game kicked off, poor experence in pre match hospitality, no pies or soft drinks at half time in the kiosks, hunt the programme for anybody arriving at the ground, deliberatey making it more difficult to purchase. They dont need on line meetings and discussions regarding commercial ideas they need to start by getting the basics right. The whole attitude and i would suggest personnel within the club needs changing, nobody seems to care. So a poor experience alround really since the start of the season, no footy on telly, no kits, no programme sellers, no reserved stickers on seats. On Saturday, no pies, no pop, no points. Fortunately the players have provided enjoyment but let's not see what we saw during that first half on Saturday again, i thought walking passive football had been confined to the dustbin now that we have better quality footballers in the building.
[Post edited 16 Sep 20:58]
Solihull Match Thread on 13:11 - Sep 17 with 815 viewsBrierls

Henry + 1 in midfield. That is all.
Solihull Match Thread on 18:03 - Sep 17 with 504 viewsDale_4_Life

So Henry did not start v York away or Solihull Moors last weekend.

#Earlytrend
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024