Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty 20:19 - Aug 26 with 40613 viewsconnell10

1-1 and I'd take that .....followed by a penalty shoot out win!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 8:03]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:50 - Aug 27 with 2785 viewsBluce_Ree

What the actual fk!

Ha! Luton c*nts.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:50 - Aug 27 with 2784 viewsDamo1962

Great pens from us. Don't care if we didn't deserve it...we went toe to toe with a good team.
[Post edited 27 Aug 21:55]
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:50 - Aug 27 with 2789 viewsSuperhoops2808

Well played Connell, you called it fella
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:50 - Aug 27 with 2776 viewsHAYESBOY

Cup run? Cup run? Nope, have no idea!

Smells like a trout farm in here

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:51 - Aug 27 with 2760 viewsJuzzie

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:49 - Aug 27 by queensparker

Thank you mate - that worked perfectly until the last penalties when it switched to the Fulham game!

Enjoyed that game and plenty of positives to take from it, one of our best cup performances for a while

Bring on Saturday

We’re playing Friday night ;)
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:51 - Aug 27 with 2744 viewstoreqpr

Barrow at home please?
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:51 - Aug 27 with 2742 viewscorse

Great.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:52 - Aug 27 with 2673 viewsqueensparker

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:51 - Aug 27 by Juzzie

We’re playing Friday night ;)

Haha thank you I didn’t realise

I’m on holiday and time has lost all meaning
Login to get fewer ads

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:52 - Aug 27 with 2622 viewshoops_legend

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:51 - Aug 27 by toreqpr

Barrow at home please?

That would be fantastic

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:52 - Aug 27 with 2618 viewsGloucs_R

Got to be up early so quickly...

Morrison looks a very promising CB.
Walsh pulled off done great saves.
Missed the first half so not sure about Santos in midfield but thought he got caught out a few times as RB.
Varane looks very french sometimes, wants a little too much time.
Madsens passing was class.
Lloyd is one to watch. Love his directness.

Wasn't expecting much. Delighted to have won.

Night all 💤🛌🥱

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:53 - Aug 27 with 2603 viewscpgerber

Entertaining game. We did well, Luton came at us, but we held our ground.

Like Morrison. Quietly did the business. Could develop into a very reliable CB.
Varane much improved in the middle. Santos also much better.
Celar going to be good, had very nice first time pick-ups and passes from loose balls.
Walsh a very good #2 to have at championship level.

Lots of positives to take from this one, not least the win.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:53 - Aug 27 with 2596 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just booked my flights back for 16 March.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:53 - Aug 27 with 2567 viewsCiderwithRsie

Maybe not the best match you've ever seen, but even leaving aside the result I thought that was a decent game with both sides putting in a proper effort with fairly strong sides.

Think some of us need to remember that Luton did get promoted two seasons ago and aren't to be taken for granted just because they're, well, Luton.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:55 - Aug 27 with 2425 viewsDylanP

Well the OP predicted it perfectly. I'd say connell to start the match threads for the rest of the season then!

We smashed it in the penalties. Four great penalties from the Rs. Well done lads. We definitely looked second best during the 90 minutes though. Too many stretches when we couldn't put together anything in the oppositions half. There is plenty of talent on display but they need an offseason to gel. Doing that during the season is always risky.

On to tomorrow's cup draw. URRRRRRRRRRRRsss!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:56 - Aug 27 with 2376 viewsaston_hoop

Joe Walsh had a good game today. I really rate him. Needs to keep playing games but he'll get there for sure.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:57 - Aug 27 with 2334 viewsbenhurst

Overall not great, but given we played a more changed team than they did you'd have taken a draw before the game. Good to be making it through as well though!

Walsh was very good all game (and a good save in the shootout too), Varane much better in the second half, Lloyd looked good off the bench, and Morrison looks a very capable deputy to Cook/JCS. I actually thought, despite us letting them attack a bit too much, we were better in the second half, the only clear cut chance for either team was Madsen right at the end.

On to Luton!
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:58 - Aug 27 with 2266 viewsDamo1962

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:50 - Aug 27 by Malintabuk

Had to happen really... we have all seen this type of game over the years..
But hats off to Connell .. 1-1 and us on penalties... top threading that man ....

But we all know what this means for Friday

I know what you mean. Think they are more concerned about returning to the Prem than a Cup run. We are decent away from LR though. We need to start winning games at LR for me to think we are making real progress.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:58 - Aug 27 with 2260 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

A big 90 mins for Marrison, Celar, Hevertton and Varane. We do look light in the full back positions though.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:59 - Aug 27 with 2234 viewsted_hendrix

We are progressing steadily are we not?

That game tonight we would have lost a year ago.

We must show patience with our new signings.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:01 - Aug 27 with 2156 viewskarlski

Hope that gives the club some confidence going into Fri night.

I noted similar positives to some other posters. Having watched it back again I do think Walsh is a touch unprepared for their strike, but it was also a brilliant hit - he'll learn from that, and otherwise was good, with an excellent save in the pens.

Lots of the new signings looked a little better - signs they can find their feet and hopefully be coached into even better players by Marti + staff. Varane got physical, not always successfully, but was getting more stuck in. Wants a lot of time on the ball but will learn. Madsen class with ball, needs a little more general energy, but again hopefully he'll improve in that sense.

I think we still lack a high energy midfielder who demands the ball off the back 4, and we seem to lack the ability to make the right runs/angles for our passing out from the back to be effective. BUT i think that can develop the more these players get used to each other...to an extent.

Colback, standard daft booking aside, was quite good, and did provide good energy in middle of park.

I'm liking the signs from Celar and think he just needs a goal + time with the other players to get going. But I also thought the same about Conor Washington after his first few appearances so...fingers crossed!

Morrison pick of the bunch for me. Very solid and composed, against some of the physically tougher opponents he'll face.

Shout out to Santos who looks willing to learn, had good pace, and bagged a goal.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:01 - Aug 27 with 2109 viewsR_from_afar

A sure sign that there is a tear in the fabric of space.

Still, whatever, the Rs march on. Well done my team!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:03 - Aug 27 with 2012 viewsderbyhoop

The newbies all got time on the pitch. Hevertton did plenty of good things but got caught a few times. Varane improved as game went on. Lloyd offered a decent cameo on the left. Celar had some decent touches without a lot of support.

Be good to get another home game in R3

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:05 - Aug 27 with 1937 viewsMalintabuk

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:59 - Aug 27 by ted_hendrix

We are progressing steadily are we not?

That game tonight we would have lost a year ago.

We must show patience with our new signings.

Totally agree and lots and lots of positives from that game regarding the new lads
MOTM for me was Walsh though. That save from the corner was top draw and he was really assured all game
Closely followed by Morrison who played really well against that forward line that was a premier one.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:05 - Aug 27 with 1910 viewsloftus77

Superb result - and a real early season boost. Did not see that coming after a first half in which Luton threatened to sweep us aside at times.

West Ham or Spurs Away please. Not Watford, Coventry or Stoke...
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 1865 viewsSpaceman_P

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:48 - Aug 27 by Beckenhamhoop

Connel10 called it. Shame this wasn’t in the prediction league!
[Post edited 27 Aug 21:50]

Connell you're on this again Friday!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024