Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeovil away match thread 14:04 - Aug 26 with 17794 views442Dale

4 at the back or Senior as RWB? Allarakhia in a more forward role?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Yeovil away match thread on 20:45 - Aug 26 with 4126 viewsdawlishdale

Couldn't listen today, but sounds like a very welcome win and an improving second half performance. Another clean sheet to boot, so that's a big plus as well.

On to Saturday now... let's see if we can get a bit of momentum at home .

Up the Dale
Yeovil away match thread on 21:11 - Aug 26 with 3956 viewsscarrow

Yeovil away match thread on 16:47 - Aug 26 by Rodingdale

122 Dale fans present 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

182 I thought they said

Poll: Final position

Yeovil away match thread on 21:31 - Aug 26 with 3870 viewsDaley_Lama

Hard to tell if Yeovil waned or Dale soared in the last 20 minutes but was one way traffic.

Keeper scary moment came from us having a throw in by their corner flag. Backwards, backwards, backwards, poor kick, great header, saved on the line. Had it gone in then it would be on a good number of blooper reels.

Couple of other goal line clearances too and a good save down left, v a great through ball/just over and have to say Yeovil had the better chances up until the last 20.

2 conceded in 5 is very credit worthy-hoping Mitchell breaks his duck soon.

Poll: DF in or out

Yeovil away match thread on 21:58 - Aug 26 with 3742 viewsTalkingSutty

Yeovil away match thread on 21:31 - Aug 26 by Daley_Lama

Hard to tell if Yeovil waned or Dale soared in the last 20 minutes but was one way traffic.

Keeper scary moment came from us having a throw in by their corner flag. Backwards, backwards, backwards, poor kick, great header, saved on the line. Had it gone in then it would be on a good number of blooper reels.

Couple of other goal line clearances too and a good save down left, v a great through ball/just over and have to say Yeovil had the better chances up until the last 20.

2 conceded in 5 is very credit worthy-hoping Mitchell breaks his duck soon.

I think they waned and their substitutions disrupted them, ours gave us fresh impetus in the final third. We cut them apart on the right hand side during the last twenty minutes and you could sense that a goal was coming. The manager deserves the plaudits today, he changed the line up and then introduced fresh legs at the right time. The strike for the winning goal looked like it was fuelled by the frustrations of everybody connected with team, he leathered it.
Yeovil away match thread on 07:36 - Aug 27 with 3161 viewsDale_4_Life

Taking all the positives..

2 goals conceded in 5 games is indeed excellent.

There looks to be an abundance of team spirit, I think we have a great set of lads.

Still further room for improvement I think it was Hendo that always said judge us after 10 games.

In the next 4 games 3 are at Spotland, if we can find that magic spark up front at home v Woking, Maidenhead and Solihull that could really set the template for the 24/25 season.
Yeovil away match thread on 09:20 - Aug 27 with 2928 viewsDaleiLama

Yeovil away match thread on 07:36 - Aug 27 by Dale_4_Life

Taking all the positives..

2 goals conceded in 5 games is indeed excellent.

There looks to be an abundance of team spirit, I think we have a great set of lads.

Still further room for improvement I think it was Hendo that always said judge us after 10 games.

In the next 4 games 3 are at Spotland, if we can find that magic spark up front at home v Woking, Maidenhead and Solihull that could really set the template for the 24/25 season.

Looking at the even bigger picture, we are 5 games into a stated 138 game mission to get back to the EFL. If its quicker, great, but anyone expecting something in year 1 might well be considered over-optimistic.

If y1 means fixing the defence and improving the midfield whilst still giving us 41 games to look at striker options (current and new) then it will have been a good start regardless of final league position to some extent.

Don't listen to pointless manager interviews anymore, but heartening to read that BJ acknowledges our lack of pace going forward. Difficult to evaluate strikers when they face 10 outfield players between them and goal. Plenty of room for improvement but we seem to be heading in the right direction.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Yeovil away match thread on 10:04 - Aug 27 with 2763 viewsTalkingSutty

Yeovil away match thread on 09:20 - Aug 27 by DaleiLama

Looking at the even bigger picture, we are 5 games into a stated 138 game mission to get back to the EFL. If its quicker, great, but anyone expecting something in year 1 might well be considered over-optimistic.

If y1 means fixing the defence and improving the midfield whilst still giving us 41 games to look at striker options (current and new) then it will have been a good start regardless of final league position to some extent.

Don't listen to pointless manager interviews anymore, but heartening to read that BJ acknowledges our lack of pace going forward. Difficult to evaluate strikers when they face 10 outfield players between them and goal. Plenty of room for improvement but we seem to be heading in the right direction.

We aren't far off being a real play off contender this season. A solid experienced centre half and a pacy target man who can put himself about and hold up play is what we are lacking in the squad i think. I'm hoping we might see some new recruits this week or next, players with a pedigree of playing in the lower leagues and not young inexperienced kids brought in from EFL clubs to give them game time. Any signings need to be better than what we already have in the squad, pointless bringing players in if they aren't, especially loan players.
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:05]
Yeovil away match thread on 10:06 - Aug 27 with 2759 viewsSuddenLad

I'm not sure whether this came across on the TV broadcast, but the absolute togetherness of these players is a joy to behold. The camaraderie between the whole squad is palpable. When Connor McBride scored his goal, he ran towards us Dale fans followed by his ecstatic team mates. Mobbed. Crazy scenes. McBride then tapped his left forearm, where it seemed he had a tattoo. Those much closer than me, suggested it was 'RAFC'. That shows amazing commitment.

With players like Beckwith, Allakharia, Gordon, Henry (loan), East, we have a solid base to have a serious crack at getting to the EFL within the allotted time. These lads are mainly on 2-year deals. They will develop, grow and progress together if we can keep them.

5 games in and it's promising. Only 2 conceded, including the ridiculous comical goal at York. Of course there will be mistakes and setbacks on the way, that's inevitable and we need to improve 'options' at the top end of the pitch with additional personnel.

Right now, I feel we have made great strides in the defence and midfield areas, (Ferguson was excellent when replacing EEL) but the priority in now a striker to play alongside Mitchell/Rodney to give Jim extra flexibility in his selection.

I'd ask the younger element of travelling fans to stop taking the pi$$ out of Kairo. It's not funny, it's counter-productive and unnecessary. He works hard for the team, but gets poor service (so far). The last 30 minutes yesterday was more like what we need. The midfield and wide men running the show, we repeatedly cut them open and got some real opportunities to get crosses into the box. TAR was a huge asset when he came on. The win was deserved.

Steady as she goes, but there is plenty to be positive about.
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:07]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Yeovil away match thread on 10:15 - Aug 27 with 2696 viewsBillyRudd

Always loathe to criticise a player unless its for lack of effort. In the main players are in this league for generally obvious reasons. Watching Mitchell I do find one aspect of his play particulary frustrating. I have been pleased to see our increased crosses into the box this season albeit due to our slow build ups, very often into a packed defence. However I wish Mitchell would attempt to get in front of defenders more. He is generally up with play but his movement is square to the goal line which means crosses are usually intercepted. He would do well to watch a few videos of Hendo in his pomp running diagonal to get in front of defenders, especially at the near post. Or am I being unfair?
Yeovil away match thread on 10:32 - Aug 27 with 2582 viewsDaleiLama

Yeovil away match thread on 10:06 - Aug 27 by SuddenLad

I'm not sure whether this came across on the TV broadcast, but the absolute togetherness of these players is a joy to behold. The camaraderie between the whole squad is palpable. When Connor McBride scored his goal, he ran towards us Dale fans followed by his ecstatic team mates. Mobbed. Crazy scenes. McBride then tapped his left forearm, where it seemed he had a tattoo. Those much closer than me, suggested it was 'RAFC'. That shows amazing commitment.

With players like Beckwith, Allakharia, Gordon, Henry (loan), East, we have a solid base to have a serious crack at getting to the EFL within the allotted time. These lads are mainly on 2-year deals. They will develop, grow and progress together if we can keep them.

5 games in and it's promising. Only 2 conceded, including the ridiculous comical goal at York. Of course there will be mistakes and setbacks on the way, that's inevitable and we need to improve 'options' at the top end of the pitch with additional personnel.

Right now, I feel we have made great strides in the defence and midfield areas, (Ferguson was excellent when replacing EEL) but the priority in now a striker to play alongside Mitchell/Rodney to give Jim extra flexibility in his selection.

I'd ask the younger element of travelling fans to stop taking the pi$$ out of Kairo. It's not funny, it's counter-productive and unnecessary. He works hard for the team, but gets poor service (so far). The last 30 minutes yesterday was more like what we need. The midfield and wide men running the show, we repeatedly cut them open and got some real opportunities to get crosses into the box. TAR was a huge asset when he came on. The win was deserved.

Steady as she goes, but there is plenty to be positive about.
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:07]

It says 'don't worry be happy'. Check the attached tweet unless he's got 2 tats.

And the scenes you described weren't really visible on NL tv but you can relive them here and much easier to appreciate. There is no doubt in my mind that BJ has contributed massively to this.

What time did you get back? Good job there's no school this morning?
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:42]

Yeovil away match thread on 10:39 - Aug 27 with 2535 viewsDaleiLama

Yeovil away match thread on 10:15 - Aug 27 by BillyRudd

Always loathe to criticise a player unless its for lack of effort. In the main players are in this league for generally obvious reasons. Watching Mitchell I do find one aspect of his play particulary frustrating. I have been pleased to see our increased crosses into the box this season albeit due to our slow build ups, very often into a packed defence. However I wish Mitchell would attempt to get in front of defenders more. He is generally up with play but his movement is square to the goal line which means crosses are usually intercepted. He would do well to watch a few videos of Hendo in his pomp running diagonal to get in front of defenders, especially at the near post. Or am I being unfair?

Not entirely unfair, but would add the caveat that he came very close from such a run off the pass from Allakharia yesterday, and he makes quite a few when the defence are playing square and not looking forward. He must get very frustrated up there on his tod. I feel like we aren't getting the best out of him yet either.

Yeovil away match thread on 10:44 - Aug 27 with 2501 viewsSuddenLad

Yeovil away match thread on 10:32 - Aug 27 by DaleiLama

It says 'don't worry be happy'. Check the attached tweet unless he's got 2 tats.

And the scenes you described weren't really visible on NL tv but you can relive them here and much easier to appreciate. There is no doubt in my mind that BJ has contributed massively to this.

What time did you get back? Good job there's no school this morning?
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:42]

22.30 at Spotland, went to Littleborough to drop off the matchday sidekick, and home for 23.10. Great day all round.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Yeovil away match thread on 10:49 - Aug 27 with 2466 viewssamueloneils

Not being unfair at all.

Mitchell is 27 now and his learning years are probably behind him. Likewise Rodney. They have both been around the lower leagues long enough to see what works. We desperately need another genuine striker, or maybe Hendo right from the start with a view to replacing him if he runs out of steam. It was noticeable as soon as he came on yesterday that he was running his usual bent lines. But we played up to that point with just one striker.

Lets be honest. For 75 minutes yesterday we were pretty dull, no spark from midfield. Fortunately Yeovil were no better.

In the last 4 games we have scored 2 goals, both from midfield, few shots on target, and generally played the same ineffective passing game from last season.

Yes we had a general euphoria moment when the goal went in. It was a relief. And the way the players celebrated and came towards us was great.

Ferguson was very good and seemed to be sorting out things out with Gordon and Beckwith well, but the loss of EEL to what looked like a bad strain gives even more impetus for the need for team strengthening, Woking have won the last 3 games.
Yeovil away match thread on 11:19 - Aug 27 with 2382 viewsbluevein64

Yeovil away match thread on 10:15 - Aug 27 by BillyRudd

So much to agree with Billy, I've been meaning to afford my opinion for a while and your post has prompted me to concur and add to your comments , criticising players in the form of "taking the piss" moronic terrace chants is futile and counter productive, Kario's effort is unquestionable however, as you rightly state is movement in and around the boxes is sadly well below par, added to that his first touch is more often than not poor and his heading ability leaves a lot to be desired it's sounding negatively critical I know, it's not meant to be, hopefully it's a work in progress !
Building from the back, getting the ball out wide, crosses into the box, as it stands is a forlorn tactic especially if it's Kario who's expected to to add the finishing touch !
It seems that Big Jim has now recognised the weakness and I'm sure that the coaching staff are working Kario hard in training !
Yeovil away match thread on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 2282 viewsmather1

Great win.

First half was far too slow and looked more like a performance from last season. We lacked intensity.

The moment from the GK was a real scare but luckily we survived. We had the best view in the ground but I still couldn’t say either way for certain. The linesman had no chance either given he was behind play the entire half.

Interesting that Jim spent 10 mins of the half time interval sat on the bench with all of his staff(obviously discussing how we cohld improve second half). Whatever they said clearly worked and the subs did improve us, particularly the introduction of Hendo and McBride.

Really happy for McBride as he has made so many intelligent runs down our right channel since the start of the season but has unfortunately lacked the killer pass/cross get rewards. He links well with TAR and we do get to the byline often with that pattern of play. That finish was special and was such a great moment between the players and fans. These players certainly do care and their passion is brilliant.

There’s still lots of room for improvement and we do need to move the ball quicker. We seem to let the opposition get into shape before trying to break them down.

As others have alluded to, the defensive record is a big positive and will hopefully let us build the foundation to move upwards. Years gone by we seemed to be too easy to score against and conceded chances on goal at will. Mcnulty does deserve some credit for that (albeit it is early days)

Injuries are a concern as we have lost 2 major players to our spine of the team. The need for a centre half has amplified even further.

All in all a great day and chance to build at home on Saturday.
Yeovil away match thread on 12:16 - Aug 27 with 2140 viewsleedsdale

Yeovil away match thread on 12:26 - Aug 27 with 2081 viewsD_Alien

Your point about the strikers: a playing style which plays them in more quickly so they aren't faced with a massed defence is something perfectly obvious to anyone watching

If JM can at least acknowledge that (not listened to the interview) then we need to see the results of that acknowledgement on the pitch. Until then, the jury remains out as far as i'm concerned. At least allowing the lads to mix it up and use their own judgement when to do so (without criticism from the touchline) would be a start

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Yeovil away match thread on 13:57 - Aug 27 with 1726 views_Windydale

Henrys got a powerful shot from distance. He can keep it low and give it plenty of bend. For the next games hope to see to see the wide men also look out for him outside the box.Don't think it will be long his first goal in a league game.
[Post edited 27 Aug 17:39]
Yeovil away match thread on 17:32 - Aug 27 with 1318 viewsDale_4_Life

Yeovil away match thread on 13:57 - Aug 27 by _Windydale

Henrys got a powerful shot from distance. He can keep it low and give it plenty of bend. For the next games hope to see to see the wide men also look out for him outside the box.Don't think it will be long his first goal in a league game.
[Post edited 27 Aug 17:39]

I think Mitchell will come good for us.. the run onto the through ball was timed to perfection and his strike with venom only CM to high.

Some fox in the box coaching from Hendo and an attitude to get to the ball first and hit the target the goals will start to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024