Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 110735 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 13:23 - Aug 28 with 5333 viewsGaryHaddock

Dykes sold apparently on 12:48 - Aug 28 by davman

Not sure he divided us at all. We all appreciate the effort he put in, but he is limited and could not hit a cow's rear with a banjo and I think EVERYONE eventually came to that view, didn't we?

12 pages on the subject would tend to differ!
Dykes sold apparently on 13:26 - Aug 28 with 5269 viewsBoston

Sunrise, sunset.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes sold apparently on 15:12 - Aug 28 with 4716 viewsnumptydumpty

Dykes sold apparently on 13:22 - Aug 28 by CroydonCaptJack

I did suggest we should bring Koli on for a 'hair-off'. I think he may have won.

Centre forward s these days never have that many touches.

Haaland doesn't even when he scores hat tricks

He tried hard most games but sometimes looked lacklustre and tough to judge number nines on number of goals as most don't score hundreds anymore, it was their primary role but again dependent on how teams set up.

He was a better buy than his fellow transfer incoming with him ie Macauley Bonne.

Sounds a strange move going to a club not guaranteed to get promotion to the championship but perhaps he has realised his own limitations.

I seriously hope we bring in another centre forward because Frey and Celar is a little light IMHO..

Boo boys favourite on here was our Lyndon.

Good luck to him.
[Post edited 28 Aug 15:13]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dykes sold apparently on 16:02 - Aug 28 with 4269 viewsRangersw12

Good luck to him

Dykes sold apparently on 16:03 - Aug 28 with 4270 viewsStrawberryHillR

Spack
[Post edited 28 Aug 16:03]
Dykes sold apparently on 16:06 - Aug 28 with 4184 viewsbosh67

“I want to take the opportunity to thank Lyndon for his stellar efforts and immense commitment to the football cub over the last four seasons, during which he made some critical contributions."

On the offish. In the second sentence Christian refers to us as a small footballing bear?

Notice that it is undisclosed now, so perhaps more than a million? Less than a million? A handful of magic beans?

Thanks Lyndon. Thanks for coming back to play for us after fairly critical pneumonia when other players were laying low because the wind had changed directions.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes sold apparently on 16:35 - Aug 28 with 3775 viewsLazyFan

Is Brum near Hearts?

PLease go back to that person and say their Hearts was never in it :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Dykes sold apparently on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 3697 viewsdsw2509

The equaliser against Sheffield United was not a bad one to sign off with. He’s no Marco Van Basten but I always appreciated the effort he put in. Good luck to him.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 16:39 - Aug 28 with 3686 viewsnix

Well that's the most fulsome farewell from the club for a while. Seems to put to bed the idea of any issues behind the scenes. He's obviously popular among the senior management at the club at least.
Dykes sold apparently on 16:53 - Aug 28 with 3451 viewsstantheman10

Dykes sold apparently on 16:39 - Aug 28 by nix

Well that's the most fulsome farewell from the club for a while. Seems to put to bed the idea of any issues behind the scenes. He's obviously popular among the senior management at the club at least.

Clarke-Salter, Dunne and Chair all saying he will be missed on Dykes Instagram account
Dykes sold apparently on 16:59 - Aug 28 with 3327 viewsdaveB

Had a chat with Ian from the WLS podcast at Sheff Utd and he was saying how popular Dykes is at the club and he goes above and beyond with the community work.

Good luck to him, hope he does well
Dykes sold apparently on 17:11 - Aug 28 with 3100 viewsHayesender

I do hope we've got at least a loan striker lined up, otherwise we're going into another season short up front

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dykes sold apparently on 17:12 - Aug 28 with 3101 viewsconnell10

Brum ? Thats not a side ways move thats a fall off a cliff!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes sold apparently on 17:17 - Aug 28 with 2945 viewspriceyparkrangers

Massively disappointing.

Okay he’s not Haaland but he works hard every time he steps out on the pitch, he’s great for team spirit, and supports our community programme, as well as having international pedigree.

I give it about two weeks before some on here are wanting him back.

Grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
Dykes sold apparently on 17:20 - Aug 28 with 2893 viewsNorthantsHoop

Best of luck to Lyndon at Birmingham, but it was time for him to move on. Personally think Celar and Frey will be fine for us this season. Glimpses last night that Celar is starting to get more into games and very confident penalty. Frey has already got a couple of goals and looks a lot fitter this season.
Dykes sold apparently on 17:33 - Aug 28 with 2645 viewsHAYESBOY

You cant play with just 2 senior strikers over the course of a season. We must have someone lined up.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dykes sold apparently on 17:36 - Aug 28 with 2607 viewsrbee

I am pleased that the club have revealed the extent of Lyndon's ''incredible work in the community,'' letting us know about the man as well as the player.

I for one will now remember Lyndon in a more postive light.
Dykes sold apparently on 17:50 - Aug 28 with 2412 viewsStreathamRanger

Dykes sold apparently on 17:36 - Aug 28 by rbee

I am pleased that the club have revealed the extent of Lyndon's ''incredible work in the community,'' letting us know about the man as well as the player.

I for one will now remember Lyndon in a more postive light.

Seems like he was a decent bloke. Not sure how much we'll miss him on the actual pitch though. Strikers who don't score goals aren't exactly irreplaceable
Dykes sold apparently on 17:56 - Aug 28 with 2364 viewskarlski

Good bloke as indicated by club statement (really nice to hear about the community work) and good effort to get back from illness and generally speaking on the pitch too.

A few quality and important moments for us but fact is he’s just not quite good enough for the level we’re at / want to be at, as indicated by where he has ended up: League One. That feels about right and he could be great there, hope it works out for him.

No ill feeling at all just a bit of sadness he reached his limit and it wasn’t as high as we’d hoped it could be. Wouldn’t say he was a disastrous signing, solid servant to the club and we recouped some money.

Good luck Lyndon.
Dykes sold apparently on 17:58 - Aug 28 with 2347 viewsBlackCrowe

Wish him the best...not prolific by any stretch but gave his all every single game. Hope he does well at Brum.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dykes sold apparently on 18:03 - Aug 28 with 2233 viewsrbee

Dykes sold apparently on 17:50 - Aug 28 by StreathamRanger

Seems like he was a decent bloke. Not sure how much we'll miss him on the actual pitch though. Strikers who don't score goals aren't exactly irreplaceable

Even with their International Pedigree!
Dykes sold apparently on 18:07 - Aug 28 with 2174 viewsMonkey_Roots

Always tried his best, and I appreciate that he came back from being really ill etc

But, he was a donkey, and I can’t believe we got some dough for him.

Seemed like a nice bloke too, good luck.
Dykes sold apparently on 18:23 - Aug 28 with 1966 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dykes sold apparently on 17:20 - Aug 28 by NorthantsHoop

Best of luck to Lyndon at Birmingham, but it was time for him to move on. Personally think Celar and Frey will be fine for us this season. Glimpses last night that Celar is starting to get more into games and very confident penalty. Frey has already got a couple of goals and looks a lot fitter this season.

Yes our two remaining strikers should be ok for the season IF they both stay 100% fit and don’t get suspended. Otherwise we will be going into games with no recognised forwards on the bench.
Hopefully the club have learnt from previous unsuccessful seasons that you need striker options in the squad to have a chance of success.
Dykes sold apparently on 18:30 - Aug 28 with 1889 viewshoops_legend

Good luck Lyndon - always put in a decent shift and scored some crucial goals and never intentionally let the side down. Has a lot of good attributes but as some have said we never played to his full strengths and unfortunately his finishing wasn’t naturally always the best which as a striker is important

Could do well with Birmingham in league 1 but suprised he went that route as surely won’t help his Scotland chances

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Dykes sold apparently on 18:56 - Aug 28 with 1695 viewsTonto

Not especially happy with the fee... think he was worth more than that.

But the glass half full version is if he hadn't signed that new Contact last year we would have got £1M less.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024